New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

[Willow's Lab]

Less something sturdy to hide behind and more dive out of the way!

In a display of impressive skill Eeveek braces his legs, spreads his wings, and hurls himself straight up into the air to deftly dodge the tripple-beam of doomy doom!

No doubt it'll blast a nasty scorch mark into the floor. Or maybe freeze it. Or whatever.

From on high he puffs out his chest before sending another roiling gout of Dragon Breath blazing toward the menace!

Sadly his hang-time doesn't last forever. Those wings just aren't strong enough to actually fly with. More just a leaping aid. Eeveek lands atop some expensive looking equipment on the other side of the room, loosing his footing and falling flat on his face.

"Oof!"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Time for another vague attempt at being quick.

Bobbie tosses her chalk off the roof, slaps her hand down into the middle of the circle, and the slides off the ledge as the mass flash of light begins.

Pavna skitters on towards the screaming and cackling, aiming to find Reinholdt.
    Presumably that cat over there that smells the same is him.
    Conveniently smaller, at least.

So around the time that Bobbie will be hitting the ground outside, the bonebat is darting towards the cat with intent for tackling (which is obviously necessary to drag him out of the room later).
    It may also flick its tail out in an completely unintentional manner towards the back of Arel's legs. Sure would be a shame if that knocked her over, huh?

Bobbie leaps, Pavna charges, and the air shifts.

Something about a general anaesthetic replacing a small percentage of the air in the shelter, in a manner that would make most somewhat dazed without actually knocking them out.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

3. - Top - End - #153
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Streets Tangential to the Star Trek Universe]

Wes seems torn between heading out right away, and making a quick stop before she goes.

She rather abruptly makes up her mind. "I will be right back, right back. This should only take five minutes. I can't go adventuring without a few basic supplies, don't go anywhere!"

If the red-shirt protests, she'll stay put, but if he does not she sprints off toward..... Erin's Emporium once again.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Ah, the power of cheeseplotclone!
    And Aeryn is behind the counter.
    Looks like she's working on a REALLY big revolver.
    This big, in fact.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #155

Willow's Lab

Dodging a locked on attack? What madness is this!? Polygon has only moments to think about the impossibility before getting smacked in the schnozz by the dragonbreath, sending him end over end outside the dying twister.

A few sparks dance across his flippers as Polygon tries to recover, twitching erratically. He's stunned for realz this time!

Szzzuubbbm-m-mi't!!1100101011000101101 I AM ERRORrrr That's about all you'll be getting out of him for now.

Bast's Animal Shelter

The gas hits Shraaaah rather hard, owing to his small size and lack of experience with calming chemicals, or the feeling of being calm at all. He blinks a few times, looking back and forth between Arel, Reinholdt and the crazy bat thing.

Hey wait, that thing looks familiar, and silly.

"Syeheeheheheheheeheheeee." Oh dear, he's begun to giggle.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-02-29 at 07:06 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Bast's Animal Shelter

Reinholdt agrees with Arel's assessment. In that leaving seems preferable. He starts darting that way and gets about halfway there when the gas hits. Heh. Everything seems to slow down and lift up and moving seems a whole lot more difficult. He half-runs/half-slides most of the rest of the way.

And then he gets tackled by a bone bat.

Surreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Park]

Harnel sits back down on the bench with a sigh. It hadn't gone horribly. She didn't just out and out hate him. The other Harnel just needed to be removed as an obstacle somehow. With any luck, by Cessie's own doing.
    [Park]

Harnel may or may not see a group of yellow eyes looking at him from a nearby bush. there appears to be three pairs, all looking at him curiously. the bodies they are attached to are unfortunately too dark to see, but their curiosity is evident.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #158

[Willow's Lab]

Paralysis is a real bugger sometimes. Hard to fight back when one is busy twitching violently.

It takes a few moments for Eeveek to recover his footing. Thankfully his clinging breath attack managed to immobilize the Porygon otherwise he would have been a sitting duck for any potential follow up attack. And that would have been just terrible.

Without his ablative scales another ice attack would probably put him down for the count!

And he knows it too.

That means finishing this fast is the way to go!

Eeveek leaps into the air again, focusing as he begins to transform once again! "Eeeeeeeeeee!"

*FWOOOOSH!*

"EON!"

Flinging flying Flame Wheel attack!

A blazing flurry of fiery furry Flareon comes blazing down from the ceiling to collide with the still Ice-Type Porygon!

"vam 'oH het pItlh!"

9. - Top - End - #159

Willow's Lab

Oh no! That could put him out for the count, even with Polygon's impressive defenses. However, it looks like he has mustered up enough muster to delay his defeat!

A hologram briefly flickers into place, sapping Polygon's strength a bit as it forms and takes the brunt of the blow. The hologram flickers, then fails as the flame wheel burst through it, but the porygon has already moved out of the way.

C-converrrrrrrrrrrt! in another shower of 2D squares, Polygon changes hue to a bright yellow! He's done for now though, wary of making another move against Eeveek while he's still short circuiting.

((We should wait for Ghar to jump in with Becca at this point.))
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

A weakened pokemon and no trainer in sight? Hm... Well, it's worth a shot. Becca steps forward after retrieving a pokeball from her bag. The pokemon trainer throws the ball at the Porygon Z.

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Something smacks Arel in the back of the legs. She has no idea what, but she knows she's falling. The woman hits the ground hard and has the wind knocked out of her. Oh jeeze, she's gasping for breath and now she's having trouble seeing, and thinking. After a moment she'll start crawling forward again.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-02-29 at 08:42 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161

[Willow's Lab]

Oh you silly Porygon!

You aren't going to win this battle! All that remains is delaying the inevitable.

As Becca is digging around in her bag Eeveek goes in for one last attack!

...wait.

Doesn't a Pokemon usually lose their turn if their trainer uses an item?

Huh.

Weird.

Apparently no one informed Eeveek of that rule. Because he's pretty busy trying to Tackle the Porygon to the floor!

12. - Top - End - #162

Willow's Lab

Eeveek doesn't know a lot of rules it seems. Still, this doesn't dissuade the porygon. A gleaming starts to form in his eye, and then WHUMP! he's hit with a tackle, and knocked out of the way of a flying sphere!

Sadly enough for the eevee, this doesn't stop Polygon's beam of crackling electricity from discharging at point blank range at Eeveek. The viral pokemon isn't out for the count yet!

However, after two substitutions and a full brunt dragon breath attack, he's looking very haggard, and probably won't be able to move after this as the paralysis takes full hold of him. It's all or nothing now!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

"Dangit!" Eeveek wasn't supposed to do that! Becca starts rooting into her bag again. Dangit, where are those pokeballs? And why doesn't she use the different compartments on her bag? There's a ball pocket for a reason!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Park - The future/past]

While waiting on that god Astrana strolls out from the library towards the animal shelter. She wanted to talk to someone, anyone. Arel seemed nice enough and she really didn't want to be alone anymore. She needed allies if she was going to take on Ilpohlin.

She shakes her head, this had become much more comlicated then she orginally expected, she wanted Valente back, she needed him back but everything she had tried had failed.

"Cynthia." She says as the start walking through a park, "What am I doing wrong?" The question is pretty much rhetorical as she don't expect much of an answer from the tiny demon.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

The little girl demon is following along without her usual bounce in her step. Astrana's bad mood is contagious. Has she... does she have pigtails now? Where did those ribbons come from?!

Anyway... "Don't worry, it'll be okay." She says encouragingly.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park - Astranna Timeline]

Astranna may see a tiny little humanoid figure come out of the bushes, rush up to her leg and pull on any pants she may be wearing there, "Hey! Big people! Want to play a game? It's really fun and stuff!"

17. - Top - End - #167

[Willow's Lab]

Point blank electrical zorp!

bzzzzt!

Eeveek spasms violently from the attack, but it isn't quite enough to bring him down. Another super effective strike would have sealed the deal, but as it is he's still clinging to the edge of consciousness!

He can feel the paralysis slowing him down, but it only steels his resolve! With pure Guts and grit he perseveres through the attack and counters with one of his own!

A riot of Flames erupts around him as he Charges the injured Porygon, aiming to slam his blazing body into his foe with tremendous force!

"SoH Suvta' tlhej quv, 'ach SoH Hegh vam jaj!" Eeveek snarls as he pounces!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Park - Astrana Timeline]

Astrana is pretty busy with being gloomy, but not enough to not notice her pants being tugged. She looks down at the creatures and raises an eyebrow. Fey? Oh dear, she had dealt with these creatures, they could be rather unpredictable. "What kind of game?" She needed to be very careful now, fey seldom let others win.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park - Astrana Timeline]

"Ooh, yes. Let's play a game." Cynthia says enthusiastically. She has no idea who this little guy is, but a game sounds fun, and it might cheer Astrana up.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Erin's Emporium]

((I believe this is the trope you want: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...sAreJustBetter))

"Oh! Aeryn! I'm so glad you're here!" Wes calls as she jogs into the shop, looking a little wind-blown from how fast she's run here.

"I was just offered an adventuring job. Could you set me up with some rope, a first aid kit, and... I promise I'll bring it back if you loan me a shotgun. Nothing fancy. Just something good for a little close-quarters bad-guy ass-kicking. Please with cheese?" She seems awful eager. "And do you have a roll of duct tape? Mine is almost out."
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

21. - Top - End - #171

Willow's Lab

Charging the poor, defenseless porygon? For shame Eeveek, for shame. Polygon is too weak and twitchy to move out of the way, and the attack hits cleanly, burns extending over the struck area and a dent forming under where it was hit. A hiss of static sounds out from his mouth as the pain overtakes him, and his big yellow eyes go blank.

Looks like that's it, the little mischief maker has fainted on them.

In the open briefcase, a pokeball rattles, cracks open, and emits a red beam of light that strikes Polygon and sucks it back into the ball.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park - Astranna Timeline]

An agreement! Excellent! "Ooooo-kay!"

And then a horde of the gloamings descend up on cynthia and Astranna. Like the first, they all have black skin and yellow eyes, but of different shades, as well as different body shapes, though they all fit a spindly or lanky look.

At this point, said gloamings will attempt to reach into the pair, and pull out little glowing orbs. If successful, three things will be taken from each.

Astranna will lose her voice, her hair and her gender. This will leave her as a mute with no sexual characteristics of any sort and no hair at all, a completely smooth scalp instead.

Cynthia will also have her gender taken, lose her skin texture so that it feels flat and plastic-y, and finally she'll have a good deal of her height taken. 35%, to be exact. She'll remain the same proportions she was previously, but now her height shall be comparable to that of a halfling child.

"We take three things, you get to keep three things from us, whatever you want! come on, the stash is this way! Just follow, the hole will let you through!" And the gloamings will all run off into the brush, descending down a hole a little ways away. if either of the victims players here press their hand to the hole, they'll get sucked into the gloaming stash area.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Erin's Emporium]

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    ((I believe this is the trope you want: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...sAreJustBetter))

"Oh! Aeryn! I'm so glad you're here!" Wes calls as she jogs into the shop, looking a little wind-blown from how fast she's run here.

"I was just offered an adventuring job. Could you set me up with some rope, a first aid kit, and... I promise I'll bring it back if you loan me a shotgun. Nothing fancy. Just something good for a little close-quarters bad-guy ass-kicking. Please with cheese?" She seems awful eager. "And do you have a roll of duct tape? Mine is almost out."
    ((Alternatively: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HandCannon ))

Aeryn looks up in surprise, then grins, shaking her head bemusedly. "Of course I can do that. How about a Savage 24? .30-30 Winchester over 12-gauge, should handle anything up to the maddest owlbear."
    She doesn't wait for a reply, before collecting ammo and a super-jumbo-size roll of duct tape (Demonic Duck Tape Of Some Sort™ brand) as DRDs scurry to collect the other items. "Hopefully you won't need it to deal with anything too dangerous, though..."
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-02-29 at 11:02 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Temperamental Streets

"May'ap we should..." Chloé thinks for a moment, "go find them?" she offers at last.

She seems ready to go as she'll ever be.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temperamental Streets]

"That's really our only option that doesn't involve abandoning them, so... It's not like we have a choice, is it?"

With that, Alia reaches out to squeeze Chameleon's hand reassuringly, before starting to head deeper into the city.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Willow's Lab

Charging the poor, defenseless porygon? For shame Eeveek, for shame. Polygon is too weak and twitchy to move out of the way, and the attack hits cleanly, burns extending over the struck area and a dent forming under where it was hit. A hiss of static sounds out from his mouth as the pain overtakes him, and his big yellow eyes go blank.

Looks like that's it, the little mischief maker has fainted on them.

In the open briefcase, a pokeball rattles, cracks open, and emits a red beam of light that strikes Polygon and sucks it back into the ball.
    "Aw, he already has a ball." Becca says, rather disappointed. She can take a pokemon that already has a trainer. Becca pouts a little. Bleh, no use worrying about it. "Good job, Eeveek." She say, turning toward Eeveek with a big smile.

27. - Top - End - #177

[Willow's Lab]

The Eevee is paying very little attention to his trainer right now.

"SoH Har SoH laH So' vo' jIH K'tak?" Eeveek hisses at the pokeball still sitting in its brief case. He raises one paw, the limb blazing with flame!

Umm...

I, uuhh...

I think he's gong to try to destroy the pokeball with a Pokemon inside of it. Which is almost certainly a bad thing. Like... Probably lethal sort of bad thing!

Quick Becca!

Tell him to stop!

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Park]

Harnel may or may not see a group of yellow eyes looking at him from a nearby bush. there appears to be three pairs, all looking at him curiously. the bodies they are attached to are unfortunately too dark to see, but their curiosity is evident.
    [Park]

Harnel almost misses it, but when he realizes something's watching him, he bares his teeth a little and calls out. "Who's there? Come out and show yourself."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

[Willow's Lab]

"Hey! Stop!" Becca shouts as she starts to rush toward Eeveek. Gah! What is he doing?! The fight is obviously over, why is he still attacking?

30. - Top - End - #180

[Willow's Lab]

A convulsion runs through Eeveek's body as Becca issues her command! He probably doesn't actually understand her. But it would seem whatever ensures that he obeys her got the drift.

He stumbles off to the side, whiffing his attack and instead gouging some bubbling claw-marks into the floor. Becca is then regarded with a look somewhere between rage and confusion.

"Het may' 'oH ghobe' Dug'n!"
    Eeveek growls. "jIH DIchDaq nob ghaH quv Hegh."

Well.

He's certainly saying something. Too bad Becca can't understand a word of it.

Eeveek turns back to the pokeball and takes in a deep breath, readying himself to torch the machine!