New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    Am I the only one who wants Therkla's story be a StickTale about Ninja Girl and Bard Boy?
    uh that would be nice. But I want a happy Ending for her, too.
    Maybe she gets to play NG and BB on her new plan of existence all the time.
    ------------------------------------------
    '~-. F5 Camper: Muscle-memory issues. .-~'
    ------------------------------------------

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Random question for the Giant if he's still reading the thread: After all is said and done and this gets all wrapped up, is there any chance of the bonus PDFs being given to backers to either be bundled into a book and released as a Stick Tales 2, or sold in PDF format through the store? I've been pretty broke lately and wasn't able to donate anything, but I would be very interested in legally obtaining the bonus strips made at a later date, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Balain View Post
    Did I miss What mystery Prize 9 is, or has it not been told to us yet?
    Rich said we had to wait a day or two for that reveal.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Idriël View Post
    The Giant already answered that he can't do this, but on the KS chatroom (excuse me, in the KS comment-section ) we have come up with the plan of an "I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours" thread. Wich is to say, a thread for anyone who so chooses, to post their artwork in. Will be awesome! I know I'll be posting mine (even tho they're not OotS, but family/party drawings).

The thread isn't there now, but that is just because, ofcourse, neither are our works of art Just keep an eye out for it!

EDIT Wauw, super ninja-ed! No worries and I second @Euo (sorry, short name stuck with me): I'll only post here if the Giant approves ofcourse. But I would definitly also appreciate some help with the choosing
    Oops, my bad then. I floated the idea on the KS comments, I only saw a few replies by Porthos, but I guess I didn't see all the replies there (comments were coming in pretty fast!).

The comments I saw at KS suggested that exclusivity was a major reason for Rich not to post copies himself, but I think the privacy issue is a bigger concern, and am glad it was mentioned here again. I'm also glad that Happy Me posted - I would really hate to think that someone didn't ask for what they wanted due to any (perceived or real) pressure to make their choice public. That would really be unfair. So I think it's a can of worms best left unopened and forgotten.

I think the thread is a great idea, and really the best. I'll contribute once the thread exists and my drawing arrives. It's a patience so it will be awhile, but that also gives me plenty of time to make a decision :)

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Random question for the Giant if he's still reading the thread: After all is said and done and this gets all wrapped up, is there any chance of the bonus PDFs being given to backers to either be bundled into a book and released as a Stick Tales 2, or sold in PDF format through the store? I've been pretty broke lately and wasn't able to donate anything, but I would be very interested in legally obtaining the bonus strips made at a later date, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickstarter
    Q: Can I get a print copy of "How The Paladin Got His Scar"?

A: At this time, we have no definite plans to offer this story (or any "bonus" stories earned by backers pledging at the $1250 level) in print. We may, at some future point, collect them into an anthology book alongside other material, but such a book would not see print until at least 2013.
    So, not for quite a while. At least not in print. Maybe a .pdf at some other time, but I think Rich's discussed how he doesn't plan on digital distributions... then again, this kinda is one, so...
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

What are the plans for the coloring book after the drive? Was this a pledge exclusive thing, or do you plan to sell more copies on Ookoodook after it's finished? I personally don't mind either way (I ordered two) but I'm sure a lot of people would like a chance to buy it afterwards.
    The above posts may will contain varying amounts of egotism.

And so will this signature. Come visit my Youtube channel here.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    I did have a very minor choice, too.
    I gave Rich three choices, since I wanted to make sure there were alternatives if there was overlap in the selections.

The Evil Adventuring Party from 497. Really, how do you begin to fathom that raiding a heaven for xp is a good idea? And your cleric can cast Plane Shift but gets killed in one hit? And did the Drow survive (we never see her again)?

Also had a Grimm Stick Tale suggestion, but with all the alternative tale PDFs being generated, I'm happy it wasn't chosen.

Therkla was the primary suggestion and I'm super happy with that selection.
    Well, as mentioned in the very next comic, Horace one-shotted the evil cleric using the sword feat that he later teaches Roy. It's implied in comic 600 that the feat is specifically designed to counter spellcasters, so I'd presume there's some bonus damage. Horace is likely higher level than Roy was at the time (over 12th level) and 9th is the minimum for a cleric to cast Plane Shift. So Horace may have at least three levels on the cleric, probably several more.

I'd always just assumed that it was an evil adventuring party trying Plane shift out for the first time (given that the fighter was ignorant of what happened if he killed Roy) and simply bit off more than they could chew. Just because you can plane shift doesn't mean it's a good idea.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    On similar lines, is there any chance the kickstarter charts get bundled and printed? Or PDF is good, too.
    The abilities of the Force: Control, Alter, Delete.
    Zombie Apocalypse if and only if Cake.
    My Little Dashie made me cry.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

Everyone was so nice in the KS comments I had to come here and see where the party ended up!

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but I just wanted to thank Rich for giving me the chance to get a drawing. I'm a broke ass college student eating ramen, and I had to borrow a friends credit card to make the pledge, but in the end I got it and will cherish it forever when it comes.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Paine View Post
    Out of curiosity, if I have the Whole Story And A Game package is everything going to come in June once Sticky Shticks is ready, or will the books come separately sooner?
    Wait, so if we ordered a copy of Sticky Shticks it will push our orders arrival time back to June?

Nuts, the main reason I didn't upgrade to the Really Big Box pledge to pick up the game was that I didn't want to wait for the book I was pledged for, but I bought Sticky Shticks so I would have it when I did get around to buying the game.

Oh well just one more thing to eagerly look forward to along with the digital prizes; especially the monster pack, which I think was the coolest prize out of the lot.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by ref View Post
    On similar lines, is there any chance the kickstarter charts get bundled and printed? Or PDF is good, too.
    The KS charts should be made as pop-up book!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Me View Post
    The KS charts should be made as pop-up book!
    I second this motion

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by thepsyker View Post
    Wait, so if we ordered a copy of Sticky Shticks it will push our orders arrival time back to June?

Nuts, the main reason I didn't upgrade to the Really Big Box pledge to pick up the game was that I didn't want to wait for the book I was pledged for, but I bought Sticky Shticks so I would have it when I did get around to buying the game.

Oh well just one more thing to eagerly look forward to along with the digital prizes; especially the monster pack, which I think was the coolest prize out of the lot.
    Rich said it would take "a few more weeks" to get the cards together. I'm not sure where June came from.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    Rich said it would take "a few more weeks" to get the cards together. I'm not sure where June came from.
    Oh, ok. I didn't follow the discussion over on kickstarter to closely, was just moving to fast for how often I was able to check on it, and I thought I might have missed something mentioned in the comments over there.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    PLEDGE $16 OR MORE
    223 BACKERS
    One copy of the Sticky Shticks mini-expansion for the OOTS Adventure game, plus a Roy Greenhilt magnet, shipped anywhere in the world. (Note that this reward will NOT include the coloring book, hit point pad, or sticker sheet.)
    Estimated Delivery: Jun 2012

Rich said elsewhere that the June date was something of a hedge on his part, trying to account for various possible delays. It could be delivered sooner, though. Just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-22 at 09:55 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Skavensrule View Post
    Now I am twice as glad that WampaX grabbed that prize before I could change my mind back on day 2. Since my first choice would probably have been rejected by Rich anyway and Therkla would have been my second. But now SweetBB has me wondering if an origin or afterlife story is better?

Oh well, I'll just have to find out with everyone else. I am one of the ones who does plan to post thier drawing when I get it but I also plan to let Rich know that there is no rush on mine. I won't see in person for months so my sister will need to scan it and email it to me.
    I would go with afterlife because:
    Spoiler
    Show
    it could be reworked oots pages with her along for the ride. In fact I like that idea. All in favor of Therkla's afterlife consisting primarily of her following/stalking Elan on the prime, unable to interact in any way? Her reactions to Elan and Haley would be interesting to see.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Rich said we had to wait a day or two for that reveal.
    As long as the reveal isn't Rich fleeing to Bermuda with $1.25 million, like a Belkar-style James Bond villain.
    Last edited by Particle_Man; 2012-02-22 at 10:26 PM.

Light the lamp not the rat LIGHT THE LAMP NOT THE RAT!!!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Particle_Man View Post
    As long as the reveal isn't Rich fleeing to Bermuda with $1.25 million, like a Belkar-style James Bond villain.
    Not gonna happen! Rich is LG, remember?
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm curious - will the Pledge Reward comics be accessible in the future in any other way? I didn't manage to get my pledge in (), so it'd be great to know I'd be able to purchase those comics in the future, as either a compilation booklet or a digital download. (I really don't want to come off as whining for content- I greatly appreciate the work Rich's put into OOTS, and I'd have donated during the drive if I could've.)

EDIT: Re-read the thread, this was already raised.
    Last edited by Redshirt Army; 2012-02-22 at 10:58 PM.
    Disclaimer: Above message may contain inanity, irrelevant silliness, and/or madness. Viewer Discretion is Advised.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    it could be reworked oots pages with her along for the ride. In fact I like that idea. All in favor of Therkla's afterlife consisting primarily of her following/stalking Elan on the prime, unable to interact in any way? Her reactions to Elan and Haley would be interesting to see.

That actually sounds very fun.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    That sounds terribly sad to me.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    That's why it sounds fun. The perfect tear-jerker story.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ditto. I mean, come on. Therka wasn't that evil.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    So, instead of being released into the afterlife to hopefully forget about Elan, she spends the next 50 to 80 years so close to the one she loves, but unable to get even the kind words she got in life? Sounds like hell, to me.

EDIT DUE TO NINJAS: It's definitely a tear-jerker idea, but I don't know if there's a whole story to make out of it. Just lots of vignettes of Elan and friends doing their thing with sad looking Therkla floating nearby?
    Last edited by Grey Watcher; 2012-02-22 at 11:44 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    My hope was for a story about the adventure Redcloak had to undergo to find out if they were using psionics in the OotS world, as referenced in Comic #546.
    Oooh, I forgot how awesome that strip was. The lampshade joke is hilarious.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Halfling in the Playground

Agreed. That would be a very cruel fate to doom Therkla to for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    So, instead of being released into the afterlife to hopefully forget about Elan, she spends the next 50 to 80 years so close to the one she loves, but unable to get even the kind words she got in life? Sounds like hell, to me.

EDIT DUE TO NINJAS: It's definitely a tear-jerker idea, but I don't know if there's a whole story to make out of it. Just lots of vignettes of Elan and friends doing their thing with sad looking Therkla floating nearby?
    Right. Not much potential for humour, or really even dramatic tension there. I would hope Therkla's afterlife is a little less dreary than that.
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rich seems locked on the idea that if Belkar is used, it has to focus on a period that is before the OOTS books.

While Belkar isn't someone I would chose to have story written about, I think there are more options then that. Instead, it might be an interesting creative exercise if Rich, instead, created a story that fits in with the already existing timeline and was able to put a different spin on events that have happened. It would be very interesting to weave a new story that causes readers to rethink what they thought they knew, show a Belkar sidestory of a situation that that didn't feature him much (like when we focused on the Order talking about Miko during the coronation of Shjon(?) ) or something like that.

For example, we already know that he bullied the prisoners in the desert city but Rich could delve into that even more. Could Belkar be the reason why the prisoners Haley freed were caught so easily later on? What if prisoners were used to hunt the escaped ones and Belkar vounteered to do that? Just a thought.

Edit: Meh, I say the vewer picks the character, Rich picks the story. If it was that easy to pick the timeline then you could just ask for the origin of the Darkness monster.
    Last edited by tomaO2; 2012-02-23 at 01:17 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

We don't know that it's Rich's idea. It's very likely that the person who ponyed up the $1250 wanted a pre-OotS Belkar story.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by Hendel View Post
    The Giant should just rest and take his time. ...
    I agree. May I hope that The Giant gets a good solid ethical accountant/bookkeeper; more small businesses crash from money management problems than from lack of a good idea.

I'll happily wait as long as it takes to get the product. I've been reading OOTS for free for at least five years, so I don't mind waiting. There is only one Giant and we can't afford to break it!

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rewinn View Post
    There is only one Giant and we can't afford to break it!
    I never thought of that! Someone get a pillow for the Giant, STAT!