New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11365152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 1989
  1. - Top - End - #1801
    Banned

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Well, someone should probably do something about it. Thousands of non-backers(including me) have probably gotten free PDFs already.

2. - Top - End - #1802
    Pixie in the Playground

Please tell me there is somewhere I can buy A Monster For Every Season, of any and all seasons.

I only just found out about it and the only link I can find is for backers only on the kickstarter that was closed before I knew it was even a thing.

Is anyone able to help? D:

3. - Top - End - #1803
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

@Brail: I think the Giant is the only one able to help you there - maybe sometime in the future, after each season got its monsters, he may find a way to sell this pdfs. But i'd make sure to watermark them if i were him. The same is true for the coming up pdf-stories. Don't know if that can be done in a way making the files save without additional costs while keeping the stories still enjoyable.

4. - Top - End - #1804
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brail View Post
    Please tell me there is somewhere I can buy A Monster For Every Season, of any and all seasons.

I only just found out about it and the only link I can find is for backers only on the kickstarter that was closed before I knew it was even a thing.

I knew Rich said something about that in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Right now, I'm leaning toward putting them [the Monster Minis] on sale as a complied PDF when all four sets are done, so no worries—much like the other Kickstarter stories, they'll eventually be available to everyone.
    So I guess you have to wait.

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #1805
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    I knew Rich said something about that in the past!

So I guess you have to wait.
    Well, that's nice to hear. I regret that I missed out on the Kickstarter.

Peelee’s Lotsey

6. - Top - End - #1806
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh, just wanted to say with the monster minis that I joined my first real-life dnd game a few weeks ago. Everyone was using little pegs for their minis so I used the PDF template that was given to make minis for everyone's characters. They love them, and we're using them in our campaign now! So thanks for the pdf, and thank you for including the draw your own template too.

7. - Top - End - #1807
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brail View Post

You also might try this thread: (Monster Minis!) The OotS-Style Monster Manual Art Project . It's not quite the same, but still great!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

8. - Top - End - #1808
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

And now, for something completely different:

Rich's last KS update was August 2014. Before that, it was Dec 2013. Not here to complain about the delay or anything like that. Before the December update, he updated in September 2013. (Bear with me here...)

What we see is a several month gap in between updates.......

And guess how long the gap has been since the last update.....

Several months........

Just saying, I hope that we'll get another update soon, because in the last update, Rich said, " I've since been able to get some work done on the Therkla backer-requested story in the last three weeks, so hopefully that will be done by the next update." https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e/posts/940570

It would be a wonderful Christmas present to have a Therkla Backstory to read. I have recently had to reprint the Belkar and Haleo & Julelan stories because of reasons, and it got me thinking about this. Anyways. My tangent is now over, and you all may return to your normal lives.

Also, do any of you think Rich will do a print like SSDT for all the stuff this Kickstarter has produced, when its all said and done? I don't know about any of you, but I would throw money at Rich so fast my wallet would be disemboweled.

9. - Top - End - #1809
    Ettin in the Playground

Link here for quote

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    As far as the PDF stories, I'm sure most of them will be available in print at some point, even if they are spread out over a few different books.

10. - Top - End - #1810
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    I guess that's what I get for not rereading all of the KS updates. I hope they would be included in a single book. But I'll take them spread out too, I guess. Anyways, thanks, mate.

11. - Top - End - #1811
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by William Fox View Post
    And now, for something completely different:

Rich's last KS update was August 2014. Before that, it was Dec 2013. Not here to complain about the delay or anything like that. Before the December update, he updated in September 2013. (Bear with me here...)

What we see is a several month gap in between updates.......

And guess how long the gap has been since the last update.....

Several months........

Just saying, I hope that we'll get another update soon, because in the last update, Rich said, " I've since been able to get some work done on the Therkla backer-requested story in the last three weeks, so hopefully that will be done by the next update." https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e/posts/940570
    It would be nice to get another update for those of us still waiting for our stuff too. Even if we're totally willing to wait patiently because we recognize Rich is a busy man.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

12. - Top - End - #1812
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    I got my "Stick it to me" avatar today! I asked Rich to stick it to my favorite guitarist instead of myself, and the results are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    I decided to have some fun with my new Stick-it avatar and I had a few stickers printed up. I've been giving them out to friends for their car bumpers
    It took a couple of years for the inevitable to happen, but I'm told the guitarist in question was given one of these stickers after a concert in Chicago last night. A friend of mine (and fellow guitarist-fan) saved the sticker all that time in the hopes of meeting him one day. Hilarious.

She said he laughed, but it is unclear on whether he thought it was genuinely funny or whether it was the nervous laughter of someone who thinks they might have a particularly strange stalker...
    Last edited by SarahV; 2014-12-17 at 12:33 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1813
    Dwarf in the Playground

Question Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

I know Rich is busy with the new book, end-of-the-year issues and other private stuff. But the last feedback we got from him in the Kickstarter page was in August, and the one before it was in December last year.

Not everybody have the time to dig the forum (or this thread) to look for any statement form the Giant on how things are doing, and his plans to fulfill the rest of the KS drive, so i am kindly asking for some feedback on the drive's page.

One of the things i would love to see some feedback about is the O'Chul story, which was the starting point of the project and is yet to even see changes in the work-o-meter.
    Last edited by hagnat; 2014-12-18 at 11:32 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1814
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Something landed in my email box today.

Actually had to go back and check to see the exact details of what I'm getting next week.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-01-02 at 11:25 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

15. - Top - End - #1815
    Troll in the Playground

My crayon drawing has shipped!

16. - Top - End - #1816
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    My crayon drawing has shipped!
    So it seems that crayon drawings start to arrive . And actually Porthos has already posted the drawing he received, featuring Miko and the Oracle. You can see it in the Kickstarter Reward Collection. If your drawing arrives, I would be pleased to also add it to the collection.
    Last edited by ChristianSt; 2015-01-06 at 04:54 AM.

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

17. - Top - End - #1817
    Titan in the Playground

My goodness, my crayon drawing finally arrived. I haven't seen it yet, as it's at my parents' house, but I'm rather glad I shipped to them instead of myself, since I've changed my own address twice since originally filling out the kickstarter info.

Well done getting through everything, Giant. It's been quite the effort!
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

18. - Top - End - #1818
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

my crayon drawing arrived today as well, i was so excited i had to take a moment before opening it.

it is even more wonderful than i was expecting. hooray!
    ええ、 まあ、 なんとか。

19. - Top - End - #1819
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Since people are getting crayon drawings, I thought I would let people know what to kinda/sorta expect when it comes to custom framing. After hearing way too many horror stories about, ahem, frame jobs from the chain stores who shall go unnamed in this post, I went to a local custom framer in town.

They showed me a variety of frames (I'm a simple guy, so I went with a simple frame ), and what type of matting and glass I should go for.

Went for museum quality glass over "plain" UV glass since it was only a little bit more. Gonna cost me $150 total for whole thing, labor included. Would have only cost me approx $120 or so if I went the UV glass route. But I figured I spent over $250 for this thing so I might as well get the best glass I can, no?

All in all, I think it is going to be money well spent. I'll find out in a couple of weeks at least when I get it back.

So for people who are completely artistically inept like I am, call around where you live and see if what you can get.

(Also got the art print framed for 65 bucks. Went with plain ol' UV glass there coz I didn't care as much. It was also cheaper since it was much smaller than the crayon drawing.)
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-01-07 at 06:35 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

20. - Top - End - #1820
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hkhm View Post
    my crayon drawing arrived today as well, i was so excited i had to take a moment before opening it.

it is even more wonderful than i was expecting. hooray!
    Wow, someone else went for thog and MitD? Guess the comedic value was just too good to pass up. Now to wait for my patience package...

Best part is, I finally get to play with the coloring book!

21. - Top - End - #1821
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by naspratt View Post
    Wow, someone else went for thog and MitD?
    yep! it makes me all giddy and happy whenever i glance at my drawing, definitely worth the wait. hooray!
    ええ、 まあ、 なんとか。

22. - Top - End - #1822
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by naspratt View Post
    Wow, someone else went for thog and MitD? Guess the comedic value was just too good to pass up. Now to wait for my patience package...

Best part is, I finally get to play with the coloring book!
    Quote Originally Posted by hkhm View Post
    yep! it makes me all giddy and happy whenever i glance at my drawing, definitely worth the wait. hooray!
    *Does doubletake*

Wait, really? I picked the same combination. Hmm, I wonder what the stats of each combination was, there are about 100 people who pledged for a crayon drawing after all.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

23. - Top - End - #1823
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    *Does doubletake*

Wait, really? I picked the same combination. Hmm, I wonder what the stats of each combination was, there are about 100 people who pledged for a crayon drawing after all.
    I requested a Durkon & Thor combo deal.... my brother asked for a classic Roy/Belkar drawing.

I hope the Rich decides to advertise on the website this collection that ChristianSt is collating.

We want to see them all!!!!

24. - Top - End - #1824
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Pkeef View Post
    I hope the Rich decides to advertise on the website this collection that ChristianSt is collating.

We want to see them all!!!!
    It's really up to the people who asked for the drawings to say if they should be released or not, though, so Rich himself can't really do that.

25. - Top - End - #1825
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    It's really up to the people who asked for the drawings to say if they should be released or not, though, so Rich himself can't really do that.
    I was suggesting that Rich informs people that this collection exists. Unless you went searching this specific forum you would be unaware that such a rich vein of comedy gold exists (in crayon form). We need to get the crayon drawing owners of this world to UNITE and share the love. (Too much?)

26. - Top - End - #1826
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hey everyone! I hope this doesn't get asked over and over…

I am a Kickstarter subscriber and received some time ago (like, years) the little figures to cut and fold that can serve as D&D miniatures. I need them again but I seem to have lost the email and the PDF. Is there a way I can have it again? :)

27. - Top - End - #1827
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pigkappa View Post
    Hey everyone! I hope this doesn't get asked over and over…

I am a Kickstarter subscriber and received some time ago (like, years) the little figures to cut and fold that can serve as D&D miniatures. I need them again but I seem to have lost the email and the PDF. Is there a way I can have it again? :)
    Go the the drive's Kickstarter page (direct link) and start looking through the updates until you find it. You'll have to be logged in on the account that you backed from to see the update that has the link.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

28. - Top - End - #1828
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Go the the drive's Kickstarter page (direct link) and start looking through the updates until you find it. You'll have to be logged in on the account that you backed from to see the update that has the link.
    Poking my e-mail, it looks like they want updates #38 and #65.

29. - Top - End - #1829
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

That was it, thank you!

30. - Top - End - #1830
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pkeef View Post
    I was suggesting that Rich informs people that this collection exists. Unless you went searching this specific forum you would be unaware that such a rich vein of comedy gold exists (in crayon form). We need to get the crayon drawing owners of this world to UNITE and share the love. (Too much?)
    It certainly should push awareness for the thread if Rich does drop it the update, but I posted about the thread several times here (especially if you count my signature ) and in the Kickstarter comment section, so overall I think that for a completely fan-made project it should be covered fairly decently.

Although it makes me really sad that I could find some Stick it to You's without finding a way to contact the owner and so I have no permission* to post them.

*Maybe I could technically post them because they are floating inside the web, but to me it just doesn't feel right to post them without permission.

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!