New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Enjoy your sleep, Rich?
    Last edited by Chess435; 2012-02-22 at 11:26 AM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Still subject to change, but: Therkla, the Cliffport Cops, and a pre-Order Belkar story.
    Ooo... Does this mean the return of the sketch artist (and more of his "horrible" sketches?) Even if doesn't, I greatly approve the selection of the keyst.. err.. cliffport cops.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bosaxon View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. I think she's probably one of the non-dead, non-recurring characters I'm most curious about.
    Yes, a subsequent meeting between her and Durkon could get interesting. Or with her and her former companions

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wow. Fantastic drive, and great choices for the stories.

Regarding credit cards:

I have three kickstarter accounts for the same card. The first transaction was no problem, the second and third didn't work. So I contacted my bank and it turns out an automatic algorithm prevented the other payments on the basis that two transactions in a very short time to the same recipient may indicate some fraud. They fixed it, and I could then confirm the payments at kickstarter / amazon again. Phew.

So if anyone else has a problem with multiple accounts where only the first one worked, talk to your bank, it may be the same issue.

Another topic: in Germany we have to pay import tax on goods from the US. If there is no bill on the outside of the package, it will be delivered to a customs office, which is just some bother (especially if the packages don't arrive all at the same time). If there is no bill at all, we have to present our own to the customs officer. The only thing we have is the confirmation mails with the whole amount pledged, which could be significantly higher than what the goods are actually worth (some rewards are mainly delivered electronically, too).

So, if possible, it would be nice if the people at Oookoodook who make the packages include a bill not about the amount pledged, but about the things delivered in the package. It would be extremely nice if that bill was on the outside of the package so it can be directly delivered to the recipient.
    Ares - Music and sounds system for roleplaying

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Still subject to change, but: Therkla, the Cliffport Cops, and a pre-Order Belkar story.
    Therkla, the Cliffport Cops, and a pre-Order Belkar story.
    the Cliffport Cops
    Funny, I can remember seeing the reward for the first time and thinking, "Man, it would be awesome if someone chose the CPD Chief for that."

Who's the mindreader who picked that?

EDIT: No, if you chose it and see this, you don't actually have to tell me.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-02-22 at 11:46 AM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, new thread. Awesome.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Colossus in the Playground

If you ordered a package without any signatures, crayon drawings, or similar personal work by me, and you didn't add the Sticky Shticks (which will take longer), then I know of no reason that it wouldn't go out by the end of April. The book printing will be a fairly easy process, since they are all reprints. The printer is already standing by, I just need to mail them the first check for them to pull the switch. I do need to get proofs done for the coloring book, but that's going to the top of my list of work as a result.

If there's any change in that expectation, I'll announce it via the Updates.
    Ah, thank you! That's a relief.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Any ETA on the post-drive survey? Like in the next week or...?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

The surveys will be spread out over the course of the next two weeks, depending on which package you got. "Patience" surveys won't go out until later in the year.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

10. - Top - End - #40
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

I'm one of the people who created multiple kickstarter accounts in order to select multiple reward packages. One of my rewards is the deluxe game, and the other is more books than can fit in the same box with the game, so I figured this would be easier than messaging Rich about a custom package for the folks managing all this stuff and wouldn't cost me any extra shipping because it would have to go in two boxes anyway. Plus, I made the decision to actually go for it after the announced cut-off point for such messages.

My question is this: My total pledge amount is $250, enough to qualify for a free art print, but neither individual pledge is high enough. If I mention this fact in the survey, with corroborating information, could I get a free art print because of my combined total? I figure I'd give identical physical addresses in my survey responses, and in one of them I'd mention the other email address and ask about the art print.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2012-02-22 at 11:58 AM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I've had a confirmation email from Amazon telling me the payment succeeded, but no money has been taken from my bank account yet.

Should I be worried or is that normal?

Also, about the Pre-order Belkar story: (Origins spoilers)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will be interesting to see how Rich angles this story as, to quote his preface in Origins: '... some characters demand a backstory to explain why they act the way they do, and others would be ruined by it. Do we really want to know why Belkar is so psychotic?'

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Joerg View Post

Another topic: in Germany we have to pay import tax on goods from the US. If there is no bill on the outside of the package, it will be delivered to a customs office, which is just some bother (especially if the packages don't arrive all at the same time). If there is no bill at all, we have to present our own to the customs officer. The only thing we have is the confirmation mails with the whole amount pledged, which could be significantly higher than what the goods are actually worth (some rewards are mainly delivered electronically, too).

So, if possible, it would be nice if the people at Oookoodook who make the packages include a bill not about the amount pledged, but about the things delivered in the package. It would be extremely nice if that bill was on the outside of the package so it can be directly delivered to the recipient.
    Excellent point. I second that, it would save a great deal of trouble (I don't even know where the nearest customs office is...)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Given that Therkla was the choice I'd pick if I had had the oppurtunity, I got a huge grin on my face and spontaneously gasped when reading this.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty View Post
    It's not necessarily a backstory, it could be any story about Belkar before he joined OOTS. About Belkar's dealings with Buggy Lou and slavers, for example.
    Last edited by Savil; 2012-02-22 at 12:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Spoiler
    Show
    Will be interesting to see how Rich angles this story as, to quote his preface in Origins: '... some characters demand a backstory to explain why they act the way they do, and others would be ruined by it. Do we really want to know why Belkar is so psychotic?'
    Never expected to have an entire response that would be spoilered, but...

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd imagine that it wouldn't explore why Belkar is psychotic, but rather just a little plotline where he has Belkarian fun. So slashies and bloodshed, maybe some slavers, and delightful evil (with a little e) all around.

Of course, I'm not the author, and could be completely off-base on the direction of it, but that's what I'm expecting. A fun story by an awesome storyteller.

EDIT: Oooooh, ninja'd. That stings
    Last edited by Peelee; 2012-02-22 at 12:07 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've had a confirmation email from Amazon telling me the payment succeeded, but no money has been taken from my bank account yet.

Should I be worried or is that normal?
    It's normal for transactions not to show up instantly. The two Kickstarter transactions I had yesterday didn't post to my credit card until today.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So how are the numerous PDFs going to work? Are we going to get them e-mailed to the email address we provided to Kickstarter, are they going to be printed out and sent with the rest of the package (unlikely)? Is someone who only pledged 35$ only going to get the O-chul one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Both of my transactions for both accounts have made it through fine on my bank account. I called them on Tuesday though to let them know the charges would be coming through because they were unusual and because I had to call them to get the payment for my laptop through since it wasn't a usual charge.

I'm looking forward to the goodies throughout the year. It'll make it fun to suddenly receive them. I also already know what Order of the Stick character I want a crayon drawing of.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

19. - Top - End - #49

Surely as 'Belkar will draw his last breath' this year his further adventures without the OotS will be as Belkar the loveable lich king or some other form of undead?

And in saying this I really hope I haven't shot Rich's fox.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground

As requested through PM, I'm reposting the Big List O' Achievements.
    (Shale is responsible for alot of these names. Some liberty may have been taken with the rest)
    I also added a few more.

Achievement Unlocked: Take That, Eagle Awards! (Become the top-funded comics project)
    Achievement Unlocked: O.o (Become the top-funded comics project by an order of magnitude or more)
    Achievement Unlocked: Declare a Crayon-ocracy! (Be able to order five or more coloring books from a single pledge)
    Achievement Unlocked: Poor Man's Pledge (Fund the five $11 packages)
    Achievement Unlocked: Patience is a Virtue (Fund rewards added that will take a long time to fill)
    Achievement Unlocked: Stick It To Someone (Fund stick figure portraits of real people)
    Achievement Unlocked: Big Spenders (Fund the three $1,250 stories)
    Achievement Unlocked: It's A Secret To Everyone (Fund the $4,000 Mystery Box)
    Achievement Unlocked: Priceless Work Of Crayon (Fund the $5,000 cameo)
    Achievement Unlocked: Quadruple-Digit Fans (Reach 1,000 donors)
    Achievement Unlocked: We Live In The Valley To The South (Reach 5,000 donors)
    Achievement Unlocked: We've All Heard The Joke (Reach 9,001 donors)
    Achievement Unlocked: We are Legion! (Reach 14,000 donors)
    Achievement Unlocked: Stickstarter (Minimum Print Run [War and XPs])
    Achievement Unlocked: Win The War (Full Size Print Run [War and XPs])
    Achievement Unlocked: Part 2: The Beginning (Full Size Print Run [On the Origins of PCs])
    Achievement Unlocked: Feelin' Blue (Minimum Print Run [No Cure for the Paladin Blues])
    Achievement Unlocked: To Azure City! (Full Size Print Run [No Cure for the Paladin Blues])
    Achievement Unlocked: Pretty Good Advice (Minimum Print Run [Don't Split the Party])
    Achievement Unlocked: Getting the Band Back Together (Full Size Print Run [Don't Split the Party])
    Achievement Unlocked: One In The Bank (Pre-emptively fund: Full Size Print Run [Start of Darkness])
    Achievement Unlocked: Stay Away From Haley (Pre-emptively fund: Full Size Print Run [Dungeon Crawlin' Fools])
    Achievement Unlocked: Bookshelf of Holding (Get all seven books in print at once)
    Achievement Unlocked: Broken Graph (Exceed the limits of the graph before Rich can update)
    Achievement Unlocked: Double Order (Force Rich to expand the print runs through pre-orders alone)
    Achievement Unlocked: Too Much Is Never Enough (Expand the print run twice)
    Achievement Unlocked: Artist Needs Funds, Badly! (Pledge so much that Rich has to raise administrative funds to cover the cost of the drive itself)
    Achievement Unlocked: Artistic Liscense (Get Rich to produce an 8x10 print of the massive cast posters)
    Achievement Unlocked: Order Up A Scribble (The Order of the Stick Coloring Book produced)
    Achievement Unlocked: No More Books? No Problem (Bribe Rich into producing new and different swag)
    Achievement Unlocked: Make The Sticky Schticks Stick (Bribe Rich into releasing the adventure game expansion)
    Achievement Unlocked: Show Your Pride (Bribe Rich into producing the OOTS Kickstarter patch)
    Achievement Unlocked: Off The Rails (Claim victory over the DM comic author by forcing him to run out of things to produce with the pledge funds)
    Achievement Unlocked: Scoundrél Sequel (Mystery Prize #1 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: I Guess We'll Need Torches Or Something (Mystery Prize #2 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Back To The Beginning (Mystery Prize #3 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Wallpapers! (Mini-Prize #1 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: The Order of the Stickers! (Mini-Prize #2 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: OotS Hit Point Pad! (Mini-Prize #3 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Tall Graph, Tall Tale (Mystery Prize #4 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Mild Amnesia (Hit goals so fast that Rich loses count and skips Mystery Prize #5)
    Achievement Unlocked: Messy Pile Of Fiery Wax (Mystery Prize #6 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Twig Figures (Mystery Prize #7 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Encore Presentation (Mystery Prize #8 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Dance Puppet, Dance! (+1 day to Week of OOTS sometime later this year)
    Achievement Unlocked: More Dancing, Puppet! (+2 days to Week of OOTS sometime later this year)
    Achievement Unlocked: The Monster Mash (A Monster for All Seasons achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Move the line! (Mystery Prize #9 achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Got What We Came For (Raise $57,750)
    Achievement Unlocked: Here There Be Dragons... (Raise over $500,000)
    Achievement Unlocked: It's over Nine (Hundred) Thousand! (Raise over $900,000)
    Achievement Unlocked: Million Dollar Club (One MILLION dollars raised)
    Achievement Unlocked: Make History (Place in the top ten Kickstarters of all time)
    Achievement Unlocked: One For The Record Books (Reach the top five all-time Kickstarters by funding)
    Achievement Unlocked: Just a Speed Bump (Place as the #4 all time Kickstarter drive)
    Achievement Unlocked: Third Place Pays For All (Place as the #3 all time Kickstarter drive)
    Achievement Unlocked: Binary Beast ($100000000000000000000 in base 2 raised)
    Achievement Unlocked: Overkill (Original goal exceeded by $1 Million)
    Achievement Unlocked: 10 Times the Funding of Mortal Men! (1000% funding achieved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Epic Level Funding! (2000% funding exceeded)
    Achievement Unlocked: Thor's Fan's Love (Ach, it's not THA kind o' love!) (Get heartfelt thanks from Rich for showing him that his work is greatly loved)
    Achievement Unlocked: Not Happening (Have Rich reference one of our ludicrous reward ideas in his second rewards chart chart)
    Achievement Unlocked: Holy crap, you guys thought I was serious about that? (Make a serious bid for Rich's last unrealistic goal)
    Achievement Unlocked: Breaking Kickstarter (Have more backers than allowed on a limited reward)
    Achievement Unlocked: You Totally Kicked Kickstarter's ASS!!! (Dude, I think we crashed Kickstarter...)
    Achievement Unlocked: TILT (Have the Giant himself close down the discussion thread for being too long)
    Achievement Unlocked: What was the final total again? (Have the pledge total raised after the drive has officially ended)
    Achievement Unlocked: Mainstream is so last decade. (Backers officially exceed circulation of some popular mainstream comics as stated by a major news outlet)
    For those who pledged from multiple accounts:
    Achievement Unlocked: Praise Thor it went through! (finding out that the emails will all go to the Amazon account despite the origin of the pledge)
    Achievement Unlocked: Frantic FanBoy/Girl (jumping through hoops trying to get funding when Debit cards and Prepaid cards did not work)

Wow, that's alot...
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    So how are the numerous PDFs going to work? Are we going to get them e-mailed to the email address we provided to Kickstarter, are they going to be printed out and sent with the rest of the package (unlikely)? Is someone who only pledged 35$ only going to get the O-chul one?
    They'll be sent by email, and it's all-or-nothing but not necessarily all at once. Any pledge of at least $10 gets EVERY pdf, but as per this post, Rich will be releasing each one individually when he finishes it.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

When I first noticed the drive, I saw it had around sixty thousand bucks in it; and I thought that was pretty awesome. Then a few days later, I checked the drive again, saw it had more then a four hundred-thousand dollars, and my mind was blown.
    Congrats Giant, this is proof you have the greatest webcomic in existence.

Also, why do I have this suspicion the Cliffport Cops story will be a spoof of Dirty Harry? Because that would be really, really, awesome.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

I don't know at this point. All I know is that I'm not necessarily going to go in the order they were announced, I'm going to go in order of whatever I think I can get done most easily. I would rather get 3-4 of them done right away than wait until I necessarily finish the O-Chul story, which will be the longest one. I will also be releasing them as I finish them.

Trust me, you're not going to bother me if you take your time! I may ask as early as next week, but if you don't answer right away, I'll just work on other people's drawings until you do.
    Thanks again for the drive Rich! I don't think I've had so much fun trying to spend money in a long time - and the drive closed the day before my birthday, which made the rewards more like a present :)

One thing I was wondering about / hoping for regarding the crayon drawings: Is there any chance that you'd keep digital representations of them when they're done (scans or whatnot)? It might be extra work on your end (but hopefully not too much more), but it would be awesome to see them all collected in one place, whether here or in a future book.

If there is any issue of permission, maybe people could be asked if they are willing to have their drawing included when the surveys are emailed out?

Just a thought, but in any case thanks again and congratulations on the drive!

25. - Top - End - #55

Just so everyone knows: While I will try to check in and talk with you guys, this thread is not the best place to get direct answers to your order-specific questions, especially if they need my personal attention. For that, try using the KS messaging system. That is not only more likely to get my attention, it lets me look at your order at the same time that I'm reading, making it much easier for me to know what's going on.

If you're asking general questions (like "Did anyone else get their survey yet?" or "Should I be worried yet about this or that?" then go ahead and ask away.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

26. - Top - End - #56

DrowGirl

Sounds good, although personally I would've liked a story about Horace Greenhilt and the green dragon of Reddragonsville.

Also, for those of us that used multiple accounts to get several pledges, is there any way to have the survey sent to a different email? I can't use the same email for two accounts, and I never actually check the second one I used, so I'm afraid I might not find the survey for a while (as it's a patience package).

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by Seabyrn View Post
    One thing I was wondering about / hoping for regarding the crayon drawings: Is there any chance that you'd keep digital representations of them when they're done (scans or whatnot)?
    No, that will be up to the people who receive them. I've gotten indication that some of them will involve private jokes or references (because they're being given as gifts or whatever), so it would be an invasion of their privacy for me to post them online.
    Rich Burlew

28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground

Still subject to change, but: Therkla, the Cliffport Cops
    I'm guessing the Cliffport Cops will be fun for you - can we expect some sort of cop show parody?

, and a pre-Order Belkar story.
    Looks like someone did in fact manage to corner you into writing the sort of story you'd really rather not have written (though not to the extent of, say, Right-Eye's daughter)...

I'm just glad no one picked something like GwaH.

98% of the internet has a Myspace. If you're one of the 2% who isn't an emo whiner, show solidarity by putting this in your sig.

Instead, I have a blog and web site: http://morganwick.com Tweeter: http://twitter.com/morganwick Webcomic (not really OOTS-related): http://morganwick.freehostia.com/webcomic

Official self-appointed former commentator for The Sticks Awards.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Thumbs up Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

I just stumbled upon the ks drive by luck.

From time to time I was looking to complete my oots book collection and now I am hit with books, stickers, badges, drawing books, games and much much more.

And because everything is split on different accounts I will have this year numerous x-mas times.

Thanks Rich

This crazy ks drive made me really happy, hope you had as much fun as I did :)

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Sethala View Post
    Also, for those of us that used multiple accounts to get several pledges, is there any way to have the survey sent to a different email? I can't use the same email for two accounts, and I never actually check the second one I used, so I'm afraid I might not find the survey for a while (as it's a patience package).
    No, the survey is automatically generated by KS; I can't control what email it goes to. On the plus side, KS also notifies you when you log in if you have any surveys waiting for you, so you could just wait until you get the Update that says, "Hey, Patience surveys are going out," then log in to check.
    Rich Burlew