New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Just an update for those who pushed to get this project right up there in the Kickstarter rankings, we'll be dropping to sixth by the time the Pebble e-paper watch gets funded, since that's over $6 million already

And also there's a website for those Kickstarter creators too lazy to create graphs like Rich - Kicktraq. Here's the example for the Pebble watch. Pretty nifty.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Or Juggalo song could be more meaning.
    "Fricking Magnets, How do they work?"
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

3. - Top - End - #693
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

For anyone who didn't see the Kickstarter update, the reprinted books will now not be arriving at our warehouse until the end of the first week of May, leaving shipping to begin the second week of May. If this forces anyone to need to change their shipping address, contact me through the KS message system. Thanks.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

4. - Top - End - #694
    Dwarf in the Playground

You mean now there's TWO Mystery Prizes to look forward to? =O *le GASP*
    This calls for a celebratory yaaay =D

Also, I'm so very glad I wrote down which pledge includes what exactly, because I just realized that I already forgot half of it.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I got my magnet and patch in the mail today!!

(Now we wait happily for the big package my hubby ordered)

6. - Top - End - #696

HalflingRangerGuy

The New York Times has an article today about Kickstarter that mentions the OotS reprint drive in an accompanying chart (although sadly it does not mention OotS by name). The chart gives a good sense of how the drive has blown every other comics project out of the water, however.
    Last edited by GuySmiley1970; 2012-04-30 at 01:05 AM.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

In fairness, the article is about the Pebble watch (which has raised seven million dollars what the heck I thought TikTok was crazy), but I can't figure out why the chart does name some projects (Double Fine Adventure, Wasteland 2, Diaspora) but not others (Elevation Dock is "this iPhone dock", Womanthology is "an anthology of comics by women", and of course OOTS is "a popular webcomic").
    Last edited by Shale; 2012-04-30 at 08:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

8. - Top - End - #698
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quick question-- did anyone reserve a confirmation email when they sent their "Stick it to you" photo to the [email protected] email address?

In the last update Rich stated that he had received less than half of the photos. I sent mine but did not receive any sort of a confirmation-- leading me to worry that maybe it didn't arrive in his inbox. I figured I would ask if anybody got a confirmation email before I start sending any follow-up messages. Thanks.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrUnknown - I didn't receive a confirmation for the two e-mails I sent, either.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Bugbear in the Playground

I didn't receive any either but I sent mine on Saturday so I think I was a bit at the end of the column anyway.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #701

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    In fairness, the article is about the Pebble watch (which has raised seven million dollars what the heck I thought TikTok was crazy), but I can't figure out why the chart does name some projects (Double Fine Adventure, Wasteland 2, Diaspora) but not others (Elevation Dock is "this iPhone dock", Womanthology is "an anthology of comics by women", and of course OOTS is "a popular webcomic").
    The Graph and The Article... my guess is the decision was based on "brand recognition" and available space on the graph?

Though I do like the fact that OotS is basically the reason the Comics graph has a line at $1mil instead of around the $100k mark like Film/Video/Food/Music

12. - Top - End - #702
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I got my magnet & patch in the post today. They're awesome! And the delivery was pretty quick after all (I'm in Europe).

The external envelope was open (looked like it was not sealed properly), but luckily all the content was there (including the envelope in the envelope). Yay!

D.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh man, I got my survey today ! I wasn't expecting it anytime this early, my Patience for a Crayon Drawing package is estimated for delivery in December...

Still no idea which one or two characters I'm going to ask for. At one point, there was a suggestion that we would share that information and maybe even share digital versions of the drawings on the forum. Did anyone go through with this idea ?

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

I too have got my Patience Survey for a Crayon Drawing. I'm thinking of Tarquin and O-Chul debating the best use of a lawful alignment...
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

There were a few people interested but I don't think there will be much need to start a thread about it before someone actually gets a drawing to share.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dakameleon View Post
    The Graph and The Article... my guess is the decision was based on "brand recognition" and available space on the graph?

Though I do like the fact that OotS is basically the reason the Comics graph has a line at $1mil instead of around the $100k mark like Film/Video/Food/Music
    Thanks for the links. I had read the article, but missed the graph. Reading it through let me know there's a kickstarter underway right now for premium men's underwear. Looks interesting.

Also got and filled out my survey for patience for the whole story signed. Few more months before I get my books, but anyone know if Rich is sending out the rest of the swag beforehand or shipping everything together?
    Last edited by CigarPete; 2012-05-01 at 12:31 PM.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    Oh man, I got my survey today ! I wasn't expecting it anytime this early, my Patience for a Crayon Drawing package is estimated for delivery in December...

Still no idea which one or two characters I'm going to ask for. At one point, there was a suggestion that we would share that information and maybe even share digital versions of the drawings on the forum. Did anyone go through with this idea ?
    Well, I put my suggestions to another forum (as I promised they'd help me choose).

The winner was: Celia bumping into Brad's Dryad Hussy by accident. Hilarity ensues.

The close second (by a single vote) was Eric and Roy playing together. Possibly with Roy being squished by Eric toppling a block castle over him in a Thog-fight reference. But, meh -- it lost. Which surprised me, actually.
    '~:. F5 Camper With Muscle-Memory Issues .:~'

18. - Top - End - #708
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by CigarPete View Post
    Also got and filled out my survey for patience for the whole story signed. Few more months before I get my books, but anyone know if Rich is sending out the rest of the swag beforehand or shipping everything together?
    I think it's pretty certain that everything will get shipped together--it would cost more to send it in separate packages, and international Patience pledges don't have to pay more for delivery than the non-Patience ones do, so they must presumably be shipping the same way.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    There were a few people interested but I don't think there will be much need to start a thread about it before someone actually gets a drawing to share.
    Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Euodiachloris View Post
    Well, I put my suggestions to another forum (as I promised they'd help me choose).
    Can you please point me to that thread ?

20. - Top - End - #710
    Orc in the Playground

Hi, I have a reward of "Patience for a Signed Book" at $70.

I just got my survey email today. I have a question - is there any way I can ask for Book 5 to be my signed book ? Since my reward won't be delivered till much later in 2012, which I'm very happy with, I wondered if the next book (after Don't split the Party) might be available before my reward is shipped.

I actually already have every book, including the prequels and Dragon Tails. So while obviously I'd greatly value a signed copy of one of them by Rich, I was actually hoping to get Book 5 (strip 673 to presumably somewhere around strip 900 ?). I don't mind if it comes out much later in the year, or even in 2013.... I'm really not in a rush.

Currently the options I have are as follows in the survey web page:

Which book would you like as your autographed book?
    Dungeon Crawlin' Fools
    No Cure for the Paladin Blues
    War and XPs
    Don't Split the Party
    On the Origin of PCs
    Start of Darkness
    Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales
    Would you consider adding Book 5 as an option for "very patient" people :-)

Since I pledged more than $80 ($70 plus the $10 for being overseas), I plan to also ask for a couple of embroided patches too. Again, I wouldn't mind waiting to receive those later as well... whenever book 5 is finished and Rich has time to sign it.

If this presents logistical problems, so can't be done, I won't be offended, I'll just get a 2nd copy of Start of Darkness and maybe give my current unsigned copy to a friend.
    Official Kosh of the Vorlon in the dark fan club
    -- Lothos now Half Orc in playground, other half also Orc --

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lothos View Post
    I wondered if the next book (after Don't split the Party) might be available before my reward is shipped.
    It will likely be at least a year before the next book is even scheduled to be printed.

I don't think the Giant imagined people having that much patience.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    It will likely be at least a year before the next book is even scheduled to be printed.

I don't think the Giant imagined people having that much patience.
    While I don't want to presume to know Rich's plans or schedule, I assumed book 5 would be likely to be printed some time before the end of 2012. I mean, the last few books have been somewhere around 180 strips, plus the bonus strips. While I know it's dangerous to extrapolate, I assumed the last strip for the current book might be somewhere around 850 to 900. Now since we are at 851 right now, it's clearly not going to be at the lower end of that.

If I recall correctly, "Don't split the party" shipped just a few months after the last strip (672) was available online. So I assumed we might be a couple of months away from the last strip for the current book online, then a few more months.... I assumed book 5 might be out sometime around the end of 2012.. I am very happy to wait at least that long and I wouldn't mind waiting longer. So long as I got it some time before the end of December 2013, I'd be happy :-) I am quite patient.

However I understand that it might create logistical problems to have such a potentially long time-scale for delivery.... so if it's not convenient or possible, I'd understand.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Considering that I won't be thinking about working on Book 5 until after all of these packages are no longer hanging over my head, no, that's not something I'm willing to do. I don't want to have a bunch of straggler packages that I need to remember to send out next year or whenever when everything else has already shipped.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

24. - Top - End - #714
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks for the quick reply Rich. That's very reasonable, I completely understand. I'll complete my survey now.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ettin in the Playground

So is the patience survey only for those who order the books?
    P.S- what will the $10 order have?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

26. - Top - End - #716
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

The patience surveys are only for those who ordered a package labeled with the word "Patience", all of which could take potentially until December to ship because Rich is putting them last on the list with no urgency.

The $10 reward gets the digital stuff and a magnet, and if that's what you picked you should have gotten your survey long ago. Those have already been shipped and many of them have already arrived (as in, the physical magnet is in the contributor's physical possession).
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

I have committed to Tarquin/O-Chul. This should be interesting!
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

28. - Top - End - #718
    Pixie in the Playground

Aww! I missed the drive? So happy it was a success! So sad I didn't get to participate.

Oh, well. CONGA RATTY MUTILATIONS!!
    My Doodles
    Spoiler
    Show
    She’s the light of my life, the dark of my night, the fire of my hearth, the ice of my heart.
    She’s my shade in summer, my warmth in winter, my bread against hunger, my wine against thirst.
    She’s the burr in my boot, the thorn in my side, my guardian angel, my demon child!
    The reason I am, the bane of existence! She’s my home, my labor, my play, my rest!
    She is my LOVE!
    ~me

Spoiler
    Show
    We thought her dying while she slept, and sleeping when she died.
    ~Bram Stoker

Awesome Avvie by Maestro

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

{{scrubbed}}
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2012-05-04 at 10:31 PM.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

30. - Top - End - #720
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    Are you new? Or trolling us?
    You can see her join date right there on the left--March 2008. And not everybody visits the site regularly, or reads the news and/or forums when they do so!