New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You can see her join date right there on the left--March 2008. And not everybody visits the site regularly, or reads the news and/or forums when they do so!
    Apparantly since she's still a pixie. But still it was big in the news right.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

2. - Top - End - #722
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Be reasonable, Duskranger: there can be any number of possible reasons for somebody to be out of any given loop. To jump to accusations of trolling is a little much, don't you think?
    '~:. F5 Camper With Muscle-Memory Issues .:~'

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Euodiachloris View Post
    Be reasonable, Duskranger: there can be any number of possible reasons for somebody to be out of any given loop. To jump to accusations of trolling is a little much, don't you think?
    That's the reason that I found being new a better explanation. And why I said the message wasn't meant to attack her. I just was a bit well I expected most people to have at least heard of it. Nothing more.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

4. - Top - End - #724
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Jammeez View Post
    Aww! I missed the drive? So happy it was a success! So sad I didn't get to participate.

Oh, well. CONGA RATTY MUTILATIONS!!
    I like this post. I take it as evidence that Rich could run another successful kickstarter project in the future, maybe to publish books 5 through 8...

5. - Top - End - #725

And to let people keep up their supply of signed books, maybe. If you've got a bunch signed, you might as well try for the lot if the option's available.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Woke up this morning and received my patch and magnet. Must be my lucky day!!
    "A good way to get a decent person to do something horrible is to convince them that they're not responsible for their actions" - Director Cedrik - OOTS #640

"Geez! You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head!''
    _ "Where else would a crown go?"

7. - Top - End - #727

Delays . And since I'm outside the US, I'll be waiting a while.

Still, not Rich's fault . Bloody printers.

8. - Top - End - #728

BarbarianGuy

So I am still waiting for my patches (I ordered two) and the magnet. I am in Canada and nothing yet. People in Europe have starting getting theirs last week some time. Come on postal service get my patches and magnet to me. Then I can wait patiently for my books.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    Apparantly since she's still a pixie. But still it was big in the news right.
    Hey, some of use who have been here even longer are still pixies - we're just more lurkers than posters

As for noticing it, Rich didn't include it in the RSS feed at any point - the feed links back to the main site, but if you didn't glance at the news, the forums or scroll much past the comic you could have missed it. I only noticed about 12 days into the drive.

10. - Top - End - #730

Quote Originally Posted by Balain View Post
    So I am still waiting for my patches (I ordered two) and the magnet. I am in Canada and nothing yet. People in Europe have starting getting theirs last week some time. Come on postal service get my patches and magnet to me. Then I can wait patiently for my books.
    I believe that those who have started getting magnets and patches are those who didn't order any books. If your package includes anything that's not ready to ship yet, you'll have to wait.

Unless you ordered magnets and books separately, paying shipping costs twice?
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium

11. - Top - End - #731
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Canadian here, checking in to say that I got my patch and magnet today!

12. - Top - End - #732

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessMermaid View Post

Unless you ordered magnets and books separately, paying shipping costs twice?

I actually did have 2 orders. I wanted the patch and the cards for the board game. Couldn't put both on the one credit card so used a second credit card and account to order a magnet and patch(s)

Of course now that I mentioned it they arrived today in the mail. Woot.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Balain View Post
    Of course now that I mentioned it they arrived today in the mail. Woot.
    The Most Important Law in Probability strikes again! (Clue: it isn't the Law of Averages...)

Glad they hit.
    '~:. F5 Camper With Muscle-Memory Issues .:~'

14. - Top - End - #734

Planetar

Would it be legal to print my own hard copy of the digital books? Of course, I'm not going to print a bunch and sell them or something, but it would be awesome to have a hard copy of the mini oots books.

If there's no legal issue involved, are the colors in the PDFs appropriate for print? I wouldn't like Elan to have green hair etc...

15. - Top - End - #735
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yehomer View Post
    Would it be legal to print my own hard copy of the digital books?
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Staff
    Please do not give any form of professional advice to other posters, whether it is solicited or not, even if you are a licensed professional in that field (and especially if you are not). This includes (but is not limited to) legal, financial planning, psychological, and medical advice.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/annou...t.php?f=22&a=1

16. - Top - End - #736
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Yehomer View Post
    Would it be legal to print my own hard copy of the digital books? Of course, I'm not going to print a bunch and sell them or something, but it would be awesome to have a hard copy of the mini oots books.

If there's no legal issue involved, are the colors in the PDFs appropriate for print? I wouldn't like Elan to have green hair etc...
    even if it was not allowed, i doubt the police would storm your home to look for printed oots ministories.
    but anyway, you should send a mail to rich or some of he staff to have an answer to that. as dr gamera mentioned, giving legal advice is forbidden
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got a survey question for anyone who knows the answer.

I ordered the $35 package (SSaDT), along with a patch and the Shticky Stick cards. I haven't received a survey yet (yes, I checked Kickstarter), but from the Updates is sounds like Rich has sent them all out by now. I PMed him but haven't heard a reply, so I wanted to check in this thread and see if anyone knows what's going on. Should I contact Rich through Kickstarter about a new survey, or have those ones just not been sent out yet?

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

From the Kickstarter Comments:

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Burlew
    @Everyone: If you think you don't have your survey, you MUST use the Kickstarter message system to contact me. It is nigh-impossible for me to track down your order from a posted comment. However, note that 100% of the people so far who have told me they don't have their survey yet had, in fact, already filled it out in the first few days after the project ended. So please, check your reward package over there----> for the footnote about the surveys and whether you've filled yours out BEFORE messaging me.
    Last edited by ChristianSt; 2013-05-17 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Edited to add singature

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks.

20. - Top - End - #740

Planetar

I was actually hoping the Giant was checking this thread from time to time, and he would answer, but I guess I'll just mail him instead.

21. - Top - End - #741

Daemon

I came here to write this post, then I read the discussion between Jammeez and Duskranger.
    Just to assure you I'm not trolling at all :p

Although I've been reading OotS for the last -I think- three or four years, I've landed to the forum just a couple of months ago, so missing the Kickstarter thing.
    My question is: will it ever be possible to buy such things as PDF stories or Sticky Schtick or they're gone with the KS and that's all?

Because it would really be a torture knowing that those things actually exist and not being able to grasp them, all because of becoming interested in the forum few months too late.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

From Project Update 32:

I've noticed that a lot of the survey results have comments along the line of, "I wanted to get a patch but I didn't know I needed to add money before the pledge drive was over." If that's you, don't worry; we're going to be stitching a few hundred extra. When everyone's rewards have been fulfilled, there will be a way for backers to buy patches through Ookoodook if they missed them (or need extras), until we run out. This will only be available to people who backed the project, though; I imagine we'll require some sort of verification of your Kickstarter info before you'll be able to place the order. The same will hold true for any leftover art prints we may have. In contrast, I expect we'll put up any extra stickers, notepads, coloring books, and Sticky Shticks that we have remaining without such a requirement, since those weren't explicitly pledge-exclusives the way the patches and the art print were.
    and from a Kickstarter-Message (i asked Rich about it):

Third, the Sticky Shticks will be available in limited numbers on the Ookoodook site after it's printed, though once those sell out, it will no longer be available. But I expect they will get a few hundred copies, so they won't go immediately.

As for the PDF-Stories, i can't say. Many (myself included) hope that some day there will be a "Book K", but only time (and of course Rich) can tell us.
    Last edited by ChristianSt; 2013-05-17 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Edited to add singature

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

23. - Top - End - #743

Daemon

Thank you very much for the answer and sorry about the repost.

I'll totally buy the schtick, then, and I'll keep on hoping for the PDFs :)

24. - Top - End - #744
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

So I just read the KS update today, talking about the delays in the Hit Point pads. (not sure why I didn't get a KS update email this time, but could easily have missed it).

Anyway, I'm just hoping that the new printer can get you (and us) the pads before GenCon in August. That should be plenty of time, right?

Of course for me, I added the Sticky Sticks (or however you call it) to my order, and it sounds like those are some time away still anyway (I think it was estimated delivery of June??) - so I've still got some waiting to do even with the pads shipping separately.

But many thanks for the update!
    Last edited by SteveDJ; 2012-05-10 at 02:48 PM.

25. - Top - End - #745

BarbarianGuy

I seem to remember Rich saying the pdfs very well could be in book form but it won't be for some time to come. He wants to get other books out first. Something along those lines if I recall correctly.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm really looking forward to the Monster Minis, which have been progressing along very nicely...
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

27. - Top - End - #747
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the Monster Minis, which have been progressing along very nicely...
    You may not have to wait long...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Burlew Kickstarter comment, about 21 hours ago
    Monster Minis are coming sometime tonight, with "tonight" defined as "before I fall asleep." At least the color version is; I may post it first and catch up on the black-and-white later in the week. Then either an update or a comic (or both?) tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Burlew Kickstarter comment, about 6 hours ago
    I am still awake. The document is being a whiny bitch and not formatting like I told it to. Not sure why yet.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gamera View Post
    You may not have to wait long...
    Indeed.

They are gorgeous.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Draw-Your-Own is a fantastic document... I like what you've done with the "mount" minis, too.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Dwarf in the Playground

Went through them. I don't really need to print them off for anything right now, but there was a certain joy to simply going through and seeing all the different monsters.