New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132333435363738394055 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

While I have no issue with the GitP fulfillment of the Kickstarter pledges, I have to side-eye the idea that the first of six companies not to outright defraud its contributors deserves a cookie for that...lack-of-defrauding.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    He offered that...the $100 pledge level on Kickstarter would get you all the limited edition magnets. It was a *very* limited offer, though--just 10 were available, which suggests that the Giant simply doesn't have many of those older magnets left!
    I know, I meant something like a reprint, as was done with the Ornaments but I guess that's not going to happen
    I bet my fancy hat that the $100 pledge level was gone within seconds!

3. - Top - End - #873
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    With that kind of track record I think we should be feeling pretty good about the progress made so far for OOTS
    Uh, yeah. I'm thanking my lucky stars, here.

Dear Lord: that's a horrible stat, Sarah! True, one of the smallest sample-sets known to man... but, still.
    '~:. F5 Camper With Muscle-Memory Issues .:~'

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

OotS is my second KS project. The first one delivered late, but with constant updates as to what was going on (delayed printing due to Chinese New Year, for example). Like OotS, they were up to Update #39 before fulfillments really started rolling. And they didn't provide a shipping notification (other than Update 39: The Boxening); I think that's an Ookoodook function.
    Suspiciously normal.
    I'm from the Government. We're here to help!
    2nd Age Elven Warrior by Vrythas. Elves are not pansies!

5. - Top - End - #875
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Kish - They certainly haven't all defrauded me! #1 was a bunch of college-age kids raising money to take their band on tour for the first time, they're not business executives with a flowchart... they did their best, it came a little late, everything was done by hand and it took time. I'm just saying... Rich is the only one for me so far who is treating it like we're investors in his business. Even if my reward shows up three months late I would still feel like he conducted it more professionally and at no point have I been worried about it not panning out. Whereas the other ones have me wondering if someone's stealing stuff out of my mailbox because nothing ever arrives and I have no idea if or when it shipped or if they just forgot about it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Euodiachloris View Post
    Dear Lord: that's a horrible stat, Sarah! True, one of the smallest sample-sets known to man... but, still.
    The only one I am pissy about is the one that is four months late and doesn't answer mail. He finally posted an update after I posted on his facebook page that it's not nice to scam people Mostly I've only supported people I'm truly happy to help out and if they never send me the reward it won't kill me. (OOTS being the exception, I spent a lot of money on those drawings and I'm very excited about them! ) But hopefully the track record will improve. I'm an optimist, apparently, because I just pledged another two this week...

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    I can't tell you how impressed I am by this kind of Kickstarter fulfillment compared to the other Kickstarters I've funded. The five others:

1. Received, late, with no shipping notice
    2. Due in January 2012, have received nothing, does not answer mail
    3. Received, late, with no shipping notice
    4. Have received digital rewards, but no physical rewards, which were due in January 2012
    5. Due in April 2012, have received nothing, and the "pre-order" reward I selected is now available to purchase on Amazon for $6 cheaper

With that kind of track record I think we should be feeling pretty good about the progress made so far for OOTS
    I'd like to point out that of course the reward for number 5 would be cheaper to buy separately. That's the whole point of a fund raising drive. It's not a store, it's a bonus for pledging money. They wouldn't be raising money if all the funds went right back into sending out the rewards. It would defeat the whole purpose of a fundraiser.

Quote Originally Posted by qmanol View Post
    So I do have just one question about shipping now that it's getting into gear. Apparently my reward package now has all component parts available, with the reprints finished and the notepads rescued from incompetent printers. And I'm stuck over here in the antipodes, and even $43 worth of shipping can't get things to me much faster than a week and a half.

So do we get notified of shipping when it happens, is there tracking, and how long should we wait without having been told our box has shipped before bothering someone about it?
    Yes, you should be getting an email with a tracking number in it.
    Last edited by NerfTW; 2012-05-22 at 11:09 AM.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NerfTW View Post
    I'd like to point out that of course the reward for number 5 would be cheaper to buy separately. That's the whole point of a fund raising drive. It's not a store, it's a bonus for pledging money. They wouldn't be raising money if all the funds went right back into sending out the rewards. It would defeat the whole purpose of a fundraiser.
    Yes, of course... obviously I wouldn't have paid a obviously too-high price if I wasn't trying to help them out. It's just kind of an extra kick in the teeth when your "pre-order" is both later AND more expensive than a regular release. I'm not mad at them or anything.

I just sent them a message to see if they ever shipped it... maybe they are innocent bystanders and my mailman has been stealing my stuff. If he has the same taste in music as me, it would explain a lot about my kickstarter track record.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Got my Swag. Thanks Rich!
    I participated!

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasLawyer View Post
    I'm not guessing or questioning anything anymore. I'm just here to enjoy the free buffet.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Euodiachloris View Post
    ^ Wow: it's amazing to see them all together like that!

And, just how much did you have to restrain your group from immediately jumping into a game?
    We played a one-shot the day after when about 1/2 was finished, so I don't know whether that really counts as restraining :D
    I played a gnoll wizard and there was a drow rogue, a gnoll ranger I think and a gnoll skeleton.
    For the last one we took the Gnoll with red glowing eyes since we didn't have undead yet :(
    Just horribly unoptimized, awesome carnage with incredible minis, which actually quite matched the characters we were playing. That was kind of a first for me :P

I do think it was a great idea from SillySymphonies to print it on heavy paper.
    We didn't even need coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Smolder View Post
    and if you used a credit card you gave yourself another few weeks to drum up the money.
    Worst. Idea. Ever.
    Just have to say that.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I finally remembered to check the email that Kickstarter was sending the updates to (and then changed the email in my settings). After doing so, I picked up my copy of A Monster For Every Season.

It's a very nice thing, and I plan to make very good use of it. I just have a quick question; I apologize if this has been said before.

Are the kickstarter backers going to be getting the other Seasons (Summer, Autumn, Winter) as they're made, or is Spring the only thing being given out to Kickstarter?

If it's the latter, then that's fine. I already have plenty of good models from this first one, I would certainly be willing to buy the other three seperately as they're made, and the do-it-yourself opens up lots of doors. But I certainly wouldn't say no to the former.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Enlong View Post
    So, I finally remembered to check the email that Kickstarter was sending the updates to (and then changed the email in my settings). After doing so, I picked up my copy of A Monster For Every Season.

It's a very nice thing, and I plan to make very good use of it. I just have a quick question; I apologize if this has been said before.

Are the kickstarter backers going to be getting the other Seasons (Summer, Autumn, Winter) as they're made, or is Spring the only thing being given out to Kickstarter?

If it's the latter, then that's fine. I already have plenty of good models from this first one, I would certainly be willing to buy the other three seperately as they're made, and the do-it-yourself opens up lots of doors. But I certainly wouldn't say no to the former.
    Update 26: The mini reward was initially one set, but was quadrupled to four if the 1.14 million line was met.
    Last edited by Tulya; 2012-05-23 at 07:57 PM.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, thanks.

See, I had let the updates pile up in an email that is kind of disused now. Only recently did I switch it over to my most used one.

Anyway, when I checked up on it today, I just checked the latest one, and then the one with the actual links.

So yeah, this is great. Thanks for the info, and thanks, Giant, for the wonderful minis.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ettin in the Playground

Took the time yesterday to download the monsters file. Very cool, and excellent hand modelling, Rich. You could turn that into a nice side business.

Finally done with all my moving, too.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

I'm getting a little concerned about one of my packages.

Has anyone gotten a $55 Swag Pack 2 yet?
    I think everything I ordered is ready, as I didn't get the Sticky Sticks to go with it (or a book, or any other add ons). And I live in the US. But there is no sign of a shipping notice in my kickstarter email.
    I know, Patience is a virtue. Perhaps I'm at the bottom of the shipping list because I filled out the survey on Feb 27.

I'm just dying to get my hands on those hp pads and stickers.

On another topic, so far only 1 kickstarter I supported is very late. There was good communication as to why (the stretch goals were more interviews with comic artists, meaning more footage for the documentary, meaning longer editing time) I do agree that the OoTS Kickstarter is by far the most professional and communicative I've ever seen.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    I'm getting a little concerned about one of my packages.

Has anyone gotten a $55 Swag Pack 2 yet?
    I think everything I ordered is ready, as I didn't get the Sticky Sticks to go with it (or a book, or any other add ons). And I live in the US. But there is no sign of a shipping notice in my kickstarter email.
    I know, Patience is a virtue. Perhaps I'm at the bottom of the shipping list because I filled out the survey on Feb 27.

I'm just dying to get my hands on those hp pads and stickers.
    Did you try messaging Rich through KS?

In addition, we don't know the rate at which the rewards are being sent out. If it's a couple hundred a day-- which sounds like a reasonable enough guess, given that other things are probably going out on the trucks from Ookoodook and those trucks probably aren't moving more than a couple times a day-- then they wouldn't even through 5000 orders shipped yet assuming they started going out on the date of the last update. So, patience, friend. All good things in time.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Spades View Post
    In addition, we don't know the rate at which the rewards are being sent out.
    Which is why I was asking if anyone gotten their $55 package yet. I take it thats a no?

17. - Top - End - #887
    Bugbear in the Playground

Closest equivalent in size for Euro coins vs Dollar coins.

US $.01 = EU $.10
    US $.10 = EU $.02
    US $.25 = EU $.50

The first two are slightly bigger in Europe, the US cent is somewhere in the middle of the 2-cents and 10-cents, but then the euro cent is too small for the dime. The quarter vs half euro is a very good match. In all three cases the euro coins are heavier than the American ones.
    The abilities of the Force: Control, Alter, Delete.
    Zombie Apocalypse if and only if Cake.
    My Little Dashie made me cry.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

18. - Top - End - #888
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default The extra words in the word find of the coloring book

So what extra words did you find? We found more than 12, actually!

Spoiler
    Show
    These seem to be the 12 most related to Vaarsuvius:

Feminine
    Masculine
    Androgynous
    Familicide
    Arrogant
    Loquacious
    Elucidate
    Doily
    Synonym
    Prolix
    Hubris
    Anemic

But we also found Coin, Pox, Loom, and Box.

Did we miss any?

TDB Lady

19. - Top - End - #889
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rich made a comment (not update) on Kickstarter recently that might help with questions about what pledges have been fulfilled.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that no $55 pledges have shipped out if $25 fulfillment began on the 17th at an average of 300 sent per work day. There are about 5000* pledges without autographs or Sticky Scthicks listed as an included award. Even if you subtract the unknown number of those pledges that added the expansion, it's still likely to be substantial.

*Edit: 5000 from the $25 level to the $55 level, that is.

20. - Top - End - #890

Default Re: The extra words in the word find of the coloring book

Quote Originally Posted by TDB Lady View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    These seem to be the 12 most related to Vaarsuvius:

Feminine
    Masculine
    Androgynous
    Familicide
    Arrogant
    Loquacious
    Elucidate
    Doily
    Synonym
    Prolix
    Hubris
    Anemic

But we also found Coin, Pox, Loom, and Box.
    I want to note that I had no idea what you were talking about until I checked the title of your post, first off.

And secondly, I want to note that:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those last four are short enough that they probably were coincidental. There's no way that "Loquacious" just happened to be in there, though.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tulya View Post
    Rich made a comment (not update) on Kickstarter recently that might help with questions about what pledges have been fulfilled.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that no $55 pledges have shipped out if $25 fulfillment began on the 17th at an average of 300 sent per work day. There are about 5000* pledges without autographs or Sticky Scthicks listed as an included award. Even if you subtract the unknown number of those pledges that added the expansion, it's still likely to be substantial.

*Edit: 5000 from the $25 level to the $55 level, that is.
    Okay, good. I was starting to get worried (I've got the print-only special).

22. - Top - End - #892
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Okay, good. I was starting to get worried (I've got the print-only special).
    Very much the same here. Hopefully it goes out soon.

23. - Top - End - #893

OldWizardGuy

Is there any news on the black-and-white line drawing version of the Monster Minis? Doesn't look like there's been an official update, but I might have missed a post from Rich somewhere...

24. - Top - End - #894

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Cazaril View Post
    Is there any news on the black-and-white line drawing version of the Monster Minis? Doesn't look like there's been an official update, but I might have missed a post from Rich somewhere...
    Rich's update today on Kickstarter says he's halfway through.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

It is good to know that Rich has almost completed the Sticky Schticks product, and the remaining number of the physical rewards will be going out in the near future.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Barbarian in the Playground

Do we get notices that our packages have shipped? If so I've got no news on mine, but it should be part of the unsigned nonsticky batch.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Some quotes from the Kickstarter Comments:

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Burlew
    I have no info on what stage they are in shipping packages, except that they are getting about 300 out per day and they started at the lowest $25 pledge on May 17th. So, don't expect to see anyone's Whole Story ship until next week at the earliest, I'd say. Likewise, I won't even be receiving the books I need to autograph until Thursday, and then I have to start signing and drawing.
    @Hirelena: Yes, though whether they're at the front of the line that's ready or the back, I don't know. Probably near the front since I think they're going in order of pledge rewards, top to bottom, but I can't guarantee that.
    As for notifications, yes you should get one (even when you get signed stuff), from Kickstarter Update #40:

Just don't expect your email notification to necessarily be sent the same day as your package; I'm a lot less efficient with paperwork stuff than Ookoodook over there.
    With that information you can try to estimate the date your package (and notifications) should be sent to you.
    Last edited by ChristianSt; 2013-05-17 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Edited to add singature

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

28. - Top - End - #898
    Dwarf in the Playground

Got our stuff today, and it's awesome! The picture is framed and hanging the lounge on our chimney, and the HP pad is coming with me to D&D today! :D

We didn't get a notification about our stuff being posted, which may just be because we're UK people not US. So it was an awesome surprise of awesome when it turned up as I got home from work. :D

29. - Top - End - #899
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello,

I pledged $25 (and payed $35 [26.93 Euros] - international order).
    According to Kickstarter update #22, my 'swag pack' should consist of a magnet, an art print, a sticker sheet, a hit point pad and a coloring book.

However, last Wednesday I recieved two of each of those.
    Pleasant surprise, ofcourse, but what would The Giant like me to do? I'm afraid someone is missing out on their swag 'cause I got theirs by accident.

PS The 'swag' was sent in two separate envelopes - in case that's of importance.
    Last edited by SillySymphonies; 2012-06-01 at 02:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

SillySymphonies, why don't you email Rich through Kickstarter, as that's what he's asked people with problems to do in the past.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.