New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041424344454647484964 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1989
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Does anybody know what

Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notified

means? Do i have to go to the post office or something?

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

It sounds like they've decided you have to pay customs duty. It happens from time to time.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

There shouldn't be an additional customs charge for printed material, but if the package is not clearly labelled as such, they might be imposing a charge because they're not sure what's in it. Worth checking that with them when you get to the post office.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

"Electronic Shipping Info Received" means that the post office has assigned a tracking number to the package through Ookoodook's shipping software, but has not actually received the package and put it into their system. This sometimes happens because Ookoodook fills out all the labels on Thursday, emails everyone, and then brings the boxes to the post office Friday or Saturday morning.

If it lasts for more than a day or two, though, it just means that the package DID get to the post office, and they didn't scan it in correctly. Chances are, the package is en route and just won't get updated on the tracking because the post office messed up.

---------------

As far as "Payment of charges - item being held," goes, yeah, it sounds like your country has decided to charge an import tax on it. In many places, books are exempt from this tax, but we've been getting a lot of reports of it anyway. You may be able to argue the case by explaining that they're books.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Pixie in the Playground

My "PRINT ONLY SPECIAL" arrived here (reasonably close to the southern most end of Africa i.e. Johannesburg) safely sometime last week.

Thanks to the Giant for that and also for the extra goodies that were sent with it.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanks Giant!

I went to the post office to ask if my package had made its way there... When I got home, it was in my mailbox. Totally worth the wait.

I'm currently running around the house shrieking about the coloring book, and my mom wants to help me color it later.
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

cool Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

My package arrived today here in Brazil! Hooray!

I almost wish i had kids just to see their reaction to this coloring book - it is a very well thought product Giant.

Everything i received was worth every penny - makes me wish i had more money back then on kickstarter!

But now that everthing is back on print, maybe i can buy them as money comes by

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

I think mine has arrived (I have a missed delivery note from Parcel Force, and I'm not expecting anything else), but I haven't had an email about it being shipped.

Has anyone else had that?
    Quote Originally Posted by onthetown View Post

I'm currently running around the house shrieking about the coloring book, and my mom wants to help me color it later.
    You can run, shriek & type all at the same time? That's impressive.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-07-17 at 11:52 AM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

9. - Top - End - #1149

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    I think mine has arrived (I have a missed delivery note from Parcel Force, and I'm not expecting anything else), but I haven't had an email about it being shipped.

Has anyone else had that?

You can run, shriek & type all at the same time? That's impressive.
    The package grants a +15 bonus on all Multitask skill checks upon receiving it.
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Pixie in the Playground

My parcel from kickstarter arrived with me in the UK yesterday. I originally guessed it would get here sometime in May, so July is pretty good going given my usual error in predicting things.

I just wanted to say "Thank you Rich", especially for the colouring book. Will be colouring it in with my eight year old daughter...

Must be time for the next book soon-ish though right?

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Parcel with three only-print autographed books arrived yesterday (Finland), was absolutely awesome to find that autographs were not the only hand drawn things on the first opening!

Really appreciate what effort Rich´s putting on this, big thanks from someone who´s been daily checking website for new comic since comic ~#80.

P.S. Kids will for sure love coloring book, think will hold onto it for older son´s birthday.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Pixie in the Playground

War and XP unsigned just arrived on Australia, I really do appreacite the extra freebies.
    Also, my daughter, despite not knowing about OOTS just loved the coloring book, she just did Varsavious (picked "she" ) and thog

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post

So as it turns out this was my Kickstarter stuff, I can now tell others to just be patient with the smug satisfaction of knowing mine has already arrived. I got Durkon, Thog & Belkar doodled in my books. Thanks very much Giant & assorted unknown others who helped along the way.

Random tangent: I usually think of as a she, but she looked more masculine as line art in the colouring book. Maybe it's just me.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-07-19 at 11:02 AM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I just picked up my War and XP from the post office yesterday. Yay!
    My OotS book collection is now complete

Only drawback was the danish customs. They added $10 tax to the book and danish mail charged around $30 for the handling. Bastards!

The "I participated" patch is freaking sweet!
    I will probably take me a few days to figure out what to stick it on to.
    Once you go scaly, you'll be back daily.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Every time I read this I get jealous. Why did I order the game expansion, why O why.

On the other hand anticipation is so much fun and I allready made my friends jealous because I get so much Oots Stuff
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tundar View Post

Only drawback was the danish customs. They added $10 tax to the book and danish mail charged around $30 for the handling. Bastards!

$30!? How did they justify that?

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tomorrowboy View Post
    Oops, it was "just" $25.
    That's the standard rate our national postal is charging for handling tax and vat on non EU goods through customs.
    Once you go scaly, you'll be back daily.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Orc in the Playground

Well, the reward packs are arriving in Australia - my book + assorted knick-knacks package arrived the other day!

Roy is, even as we speak, guarding the unpaid water bill on my fridge (in lieu of the shopping list).
    --

Meta Knight avatar courtesy of Connor DarkDart.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tundar View Post

I'm glad customs didn't find mine all that interesting.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

My package reached me (in New Zealand) on Friday. It was just what I needed to end the week on a high note.

Thank you to Rich and all concerned. And a cheer for the NZ customs, biosecurity and postal services, all of whom heroically refrained from either delaying the delivery or charging me for it.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Oh my someone isn't from around here. The post office or customs people just slap it on as a minimum handling fee. It gets annoying really fast.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Pixie in the Playground

Just received a shipping e-mail from Ook, but the "tracking code" mentions that the package was delivered in May. I'm in Australia, and from what I've read international orders don't actually have tracking?

I assume that this is one of those "administration errors" - glad to hear that other Aussies have received theirs, and I'll just be patient and see if mine doesn't arrive soon, rather than hassling the good folks at Ook about it. The time they spend replying back to me could be spent packing and sending another fan's swag!

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zzyss View Post
    Just received a shipping e-mail from Ook, but the "tracking code" mentions that the package was delivered in May. I'm in Australia, and from what I've read international orders don't actually have tracking?

I assume that this is one of those "administration errors" - glad to hear that other Aussies have received theirs, and I'll just be patient and see if mine doesn't arrive soon, rather than hassling the good folks at Ook about it. The time they spend replying back to me could be spent packing and sending another fan's swag!
    The email you got probably says that your package isn't being sent until tomorrow. Check the email, try the code again, and see if it's still a problem.

24. - Top - End - #1164

USPS recycles tracking codes, so it won't register properly until the package physically goes into the mail.

Or, sometimes, the USPS screws up and forgets to scan a package, in which case the tracking code is pretty useless. But the package still gets where it's going.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Pixie in the Playground

The email you got probably says that your package isn't being sent until tomorrow. Check the email, try the code again, and see if it's still a problem.
    Ah, the date of "tomorrow" according to Ook is actually "today" for me because I'm in the GMT+10 timezone :-P

Thanks! (and also to Rich for additional info)
    Last edited by zzyss; 2012-07-25 at 01:20 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Troll in the Playground

Just wanted to express my heartfelt thanks for the forum upgrades. It is VERY appreciated.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

I received only part of my $139 package: No magnet, no stickers, no pad, no coloring book and, worst of all, no Dungeon Crawling Fools. What I did receive was damaged, each book torn at the spine. I saw in the update that the time to e-mail Rich with issues is forthcoming, so I hope this is soon.

28. - Top - End - #1168

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Niveus Candidus View Post
    I received only part of my $139 package: No magnet, no stickers, no pad, no coloring book and, worst of all, no Dungeon Crawling Fools. What I did receive was damaged, each book torn at the spine. I saw in the update that the time to e-mail Rich with issues is forthcoming, so I hope this is soon.
    Was the envelope damaged and repaired with tape? Sounds like your package had an ill-considered one-night stand with some postal machinery, during which the envelope got ripped and some of the contents fell out and/or were damaged.

I would let Rich know immediately. The request to hold off on emails was addressed to people who haven't received their package yet, because not all of the packages have been shipped. I'm pretty sure it doesn't apply to people who've received a damaged package.

29. - Top - End - #1169

Yeah, message me on Kickstarter about that now. Maybe snap a picture of the damaged books, and we can send you a new package right away.
    Rich Burlew

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

If Full Color Sets are starting to arrive, The Whole Story must be getting close! Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get mine before I go on vacation... to GenCon...
    Suspiciously normal.
    I'm from the Government. We're here to help!
    2nd Age Elven Warrior by Vrythas. Elves are not pansies!