New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1530313233343536373839404142434445464748495065 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1989
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Yeah, I'm waiting for my The Whole Story to get here, too- hopefully they'll start arriving soon! If we assume an average rate of 100 packages sent out/day, they've got to be close!

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

So I just got my package (yay) and LOVED the leaky Weekstaff note.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Troll in the Playground

Still waiting on mine and it's been a month. I wonder if it's stuck at customs.

They can't track it, contacting Rich now.
    Last edited by Katana_Geldar; 2012-07-30 at 12:22 AM.

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

<sneaks back like a guilty cat... checks posts>

Hmmmm: glad to see people's stuff is getting there... (even if sometimes a little battered and tattered: hugs to Niveus).

I'm finding it harder and harder to keep patient, but am coping. I think. <hides bitten nails and chocolate wrappers>
    '~:. F5 Camper With Muscle-Memory Issues .:~'

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

I got my package, including WXP, the coloring book, and the fridge magnet. Unfortunately customs charged me an extra $20 for the whole package, since it came from the US; I would have preferred giving that money to The Giant. Gotta love bureaucrats
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Dwarf in the Playground

I got my shipping notification for the Whole Story today; right now I'm hoping it doesn't decide to get here while I'm away next weekend

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Wild cheering for the first Whole Story shipping report shall now commence!

*cheer*

Now my earlier F5 obsession will come in handy for checking mail...
    Suspiciously normal.
    I'm from the Government. We're here to help!
    2nd Age Elven Warrior by Vrythas. Elves are not pansies!

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

My package arrived today. My collection is now complete and I'm very happy with all the swag.

Thank you Giant, keep up the good work.

9. - Top - End - #1179

AssassinGuy

First of two packages delivered. Looking forward to the next one (Board-Game and poster) when it is ready.

Happy that book collection is complete as well (at least until the next one come out)
    Last edited by Menarker; 2012-08-01 at 12:14 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Pixie in the Playground

Woot! Email came the 30th about shipping and today as I came home from work, a package! SQUEE! My Whole Story plus swag came at last! Yay, I am so happy. Thank you very much Rich!

Edit: On that note, now having the "Whole Story" and having read all the strips online, where should I start? In what order should I read them all?
    Last edited by Evil_Lamp_6; 2012-08-01 at 05:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Lamp_6 View Post
    Woot! Email came the 30th about shipping and today as I came home from work, a package! SQUEE! My Whole Story plus swag came at last! Yay, I am so happy. Thank you very much Rich!

Edit: On that note, now having the "Whole Story" and having read all the strips online, where should I start? In what order should I read them all?
    I believe the preferred order is 4, 5, 1, 3, A, 2, -A.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jere7my View Post
    I believe the preferred order is 4, 5, 1, 3, A, 2, -A.
    And in plain English, that would be...?

13. - Top - End - #1183

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Lamp_6 View Post
    1) On The Origin of PCs, Start of Darkness (prequels for the OotS and Recloak/Xykon, respectively)
    2) Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, No Cure for the Paladin Blues, War and XPs, Don't Split the Party (online strips in order, with bonus strips and commentary)
    2a) reread online strips from #673, for the full story so far (optional )
    3) Snips, Snails and Dragon Tails (the Dragon strips which aren't in the same continuity anyway, and a lot of bonus material, some referencing online strips)
    Last edited by HeadlessMermaid; 2012-08-01 at 06:03 PM.
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessMermaid View Post
    1) On The Origin of PCs, Start of Darkness (prequels for the OotS and Recloak/Xykon, respectively)
    2) Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, No Cure for the Paladin Blues, War and XPs, Don't Split the Party (online strips in order, with bonus strips and commentary)
    3) Snips, Snails and Dragon Tails (the Dragon strips which aren't in the same continuity anyway, and a lot of bonus material, some referencing online strips)
    Nifty, thanks!

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'd disagree; both prequels should probably be saved until after reading NCftPB at least, as they give away several plot points in it.

16. - Top - End - #1186

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    I'd disagree; both prequels should probably be saved until after reading NCftPB at least, as they give away several plot points in it.
    Yeah, but he's already read all the online strips, so rereading everything in order seemed like a better suggestion.

For the record, On the Origin of PCs was published in 2005, right after Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, and Start of Darkness was published in 2007, right after No Cure for the Paladin's Blues. If someone prefers to read them in order of publishing, that's the way to go.
    "We need the excuse of fiction to stage what we truly are." ~ Slavoj Žižek, The Pervert’s Guide to Cinema
    "El bien más preciado es la libertad" ~ Valeriano Orobón Fernández, A las barricadas
    "If civilization has an opposite, it is war." ~ Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

Roguish | We Were Rogue | [3.5] Greek Mythology Variant | [3.5] The Fey Compendium

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, but he's already read all the online strips, so rereading everything in order seemed like a better suggestion.

For the record, On the Origin of PCs was published in 2005, right after Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, and Start of Darkness was published in 2007, right after No Cure for the Paladin's Blues. If someone prefers to read them in order of publishing, that's the way to go.
    Strictly speaking, Origin contains a spoiler for NCftPB, as the strip in question was online before Origin was published, but overall I still think this is probably the best order to read the whole collection in.

(I'd also note that SS&DT contains a section that takes place on the boat ride between books four and five, so read that one before catching up with the unpublished online strips. )
    Last edited by Nimrod's Son; 2012-08-01 at 09:24 PM.
    Please write all sarcasm in blue text. All metaphors should be marked in red text and for any split infinitives, please use green. Thank you.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Halfling in the Playground

Where is the best place to post something like "Hooray, my package arrived today and I'm very pleased with it!"? Here, on the Kickstarter thread, or somewhere else?
    I figure a discussion thread gets rather crowded if everyone is going to post a similar post.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Well, the Sticky Schticks provider seems to be having some such that it is becoming a neverending cycle of 3-4 weeks away. aww, we'll just have to deal with it as such.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Sometimes I think I would've been better of not ordering the Schticky Schticks, but just another patch orso. Than I probablyt would've gotten my package allready.

On the other hand I am not really complaining that much as it looks now, I will get it around the 5th of December, which in my country is special
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Let's take discussion of preferred reading order to a new thread, please, and keep this one clear for Kickstarter discussion.

"Hooray, my package arrived!" posts are fine here, though.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

The "Pick <number>" boxes are last, hmm? And the July 11 update with the chart says special alterations put you in the "stragglers" category which presumably get bumped down on the priorities list too.

I guess I'll have to wait a while longer for my pick 3 box with a special alteration, even with no Sticky Shticks.

Oh well.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Question Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Have anyone received the drawings already and is willing to share them with the rest of us? Maybe it's time to create a thread for that already?

24. - Top - End - #1194

HalflingRangerGuy

Just got my Whole Story - even my parents were amused by the (slightly bent, but ultimately fine) Roy magnet - and I had to explain the concept of a webcomic to them. Rich knows how to make trans-medium funnies!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I really would rather Tarquin finally just went all George R. R. Martin on Nale.
    That's right - George R. R. Martin; a writer so ruthless, his name is a verb akin to Samuel L. Jackson. Valar morghulis.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The only thing worse than the usual irrelevant rules pedantry is incorrect irrelevant rules pedantry.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

And now it's a race to see whether the box will be shipped and arrive before I leave for GenCon... *crosses fingers*
    Suspiciously normal.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Got my Full Color last Monday! and since I'm in between jobs this week (new one starts this Monday) I had time to read through them. Love the bonus materials, and the insight. Thank you, Rich!

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Halfling in the Playground

Look at my cool Elan-mug!
    (I hope the sticker is water-resistant. )

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Yay, I got my tracking number! And I have Monday off... *rubs hands together with glee*
    Suspiciously normal.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Dwarf in the Playground

I got my Whole Story earlier today!

It arrived in a slightly dented USPS box, but luckily the contents were all in very good to excellent condition (one of the corners of one of my coloring books was a bit curled, but that's pretty minor).

I don't intend to actually use the coloring books, but I flipped through one and thought it was pretty funny and well written. The hit point pads are nice, and will probably end up as campaign note slips. I haven't decided on a use for the stickers and magnets yet. The books go on my shelf next to Absolute Sandman volumes 1 to 5.

I took a quick picture of the whole lot laid out on my bed shortly after unpacking, box still visible in the background. You'll have to forgive me for doing such a wretchedly amateurish job (for a professional photographer, at least) of it, but I didn't feel like setting up lights or taking a lot of time.

Spoiler
    Show

All artwork displayed is of course the copyright of its creator, not me.

I studied the posting guidelines and hope the image doesn't violate any of them. If it does, I have no problem taking it down.

EDIT: My shipping label had number 0004 on it: I don't know if that means mine is one of the very first Whole Stories, or if it's just random.
    Last edited by Exediron; 2012-08-02 at 10:33 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Awesome picture Exediron. Kind of funny you would call it amateurish, as it looks great to me, but such is the price of being an expert at something I suppose .