New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243444546474849505166 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1989
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Oh thirst quenching joy! My package has arrived, after two weeks of shipping info on tracking number :) (international shipping, a 25$ backing plus Ncftpb).
    I'm so happy, the content is wonderful, and my Order of the stick collection is now complete :)

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Whole Story, huzzah!

Of note, those medium flat rate shipping boxes don't appear to be rated for this level of awesomeness. Mine was ripped clean down one corner, but fortunately all the parts and pieces were inside (with ignorably minor scuffs).

SoD rocked. Now, on to OtOoPCs!
    Suspiciously normal.
    I'm from the Government. We're here to help!
    2nd Age Elven Warrior by Vrythas. Elves are not pansies!

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

FYI, my 4 year old and I tested out the coloring book. It works just fine. My son thought Elan would like a rainbow lute. Cheers.

Last edited by JosephOrJoe; 2012-08-04 at 08:00 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JosephOrJoe View Post
    FYI, my 4 year old and I tested out the coloring book. It works just fine. My son thought Elan would like a rainbow lute. Cheers.

I agree with your son.

This should be a thing; the online comic steals ideas from people's doodlings in their colouring books.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

This has been the most awesome weekend ever! Not only did the Whole Story arrive, but so did the DVD set of every (lion) Voltron episode every created!

Of course, my daughter just colored OotS fighting a Robeast... *fear* I'll post a picture once I can pry the book from her sleepy fingers...
    Suspiciously normal.
    I'm from the Government. We're here to help!
    2nd Age Elven Warrior by Vrythas. Elves are not pansies!

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I finally got confirmation that my order was shipped! It's an intercontinental delivery (to Germany), and it's a big package (the Whole Story one), so I don't know when it'll arrive... But I'm already looking forward to it! I've been waiting *so* long. I had a mind to threaten the guys at Ookodook I would cut off their nipples

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

UK Reader here, got my package the other day (Signed Print only books) although slightly worried at the damage to the envelope, as all the corners were smashed in and a tear at one edge, not one of the three main books was pinged in the corner, the colouring book taking the damage instead.

Very happy indeed, love the little sketches!

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

They must be getting near the end. I got a shipping notice for my pick 3 box with custom alteration today.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

~sighs~ I must be patient. Especially since I opted for the patience packages. OTOH, the wait will be worth it, especially since I already own all the books. ~whines~ But I WANT my signed copies NOW!!! ~grins~

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Troll in the Playground

Still no word of mine or word back from Rich, I'm thinking that it may be one the ones sent back to him.

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Katana_Geldar View Post
    Still no word of mine or word back from Rich, I'm thinking that it may be one the ones sent back to him.
    Can you tell me what your KS screen name is? Because I've cleared my Kickstarter inbox since you first mentioned this, so I obviously am not seeing your message for some reason.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Troll in the Playground

I sent an email to [email protected] explaining everything and it included my tracking number, I think.

Basically Australia Post can't track it, and I can't query it at USPS either or I would have done it.

And my Kickstarter username would be Katana_Geldar.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

13. - Top - End - #1213

OK, well that email didn't show up. But either way, the best way to contact me regarding KS issues is using KS's email system, because it allows me to see your order at the same time as your email. I can't see what reward you pledged for otherwise, and thus can't find your order easily--KS has no "Search Backers" function, I have to look for it by hand.

So message me through that and we'll see what we can do.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, done.

Hopefully that gets to you.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Pixie in the Playground

Hurrah! My Pick Three set came in the mail today! I forgot I had gotten the Hit Point Pad, so that was a nice surprise. In addition to my Kickstarter pledge stuff, my HuMn wallet came on Monday, some clothes I got from L.L Bean came in at the same time as the first of the Pathfinder books I ordered.

I officially declare this SWAG week.
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.
    Where did you start your first campaign?

My PC's woke up on a deserted shore on the edge of a jungle surround by the wreckage of their ship.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Out of curiosity, is there a reason other reward stories form the kickstarter campaign are being produced before How the Paladin Got His Scar? Not trying to complain or anything, it just strikes me as odd that later enticements are being produced first, as the O-Chul story was the original enticement (and I'll admit, the one I'm most excited about). I assume it's simply easier and faster to crank out the others first?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there a reason other reward stories form the kickstarter campaign are being produced before How the Paladin Got His Scar? Not trying to complain or anything, it just strikes me as odd that later enticements are being produced first, as the O-Chul story was the original enticement (and I'll admit, the one I'm most excited about). I assume it's simply easier and faster to crank out the others first?
    The order in which the stories were announced has got nothing to do with when they will be released. I can't speak for the Giant, but you're probably right, he's just doing it in a way that is easiest for him.

(And really, the only PDF that is significantally ahead of O-chul is the Belkar one. The others are more or less equal.)

18. - Top - End - #1218

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    The O-Chul story is likely to be fairly long—30-40 pages, I think—while the others will be shorter. Better to get the easier work out faster.

Also, the Belkar story is not a later enticement, it's one of the rewards that someone bought and paid for, so it's definitely on the same level of importance.
    Rich Burlew

19. - Top - End - #1219

Quote Originally Posted by Katana_Geldar View Post
    Ok, done.

Hopefully that gets to you.
    OK, something is definitely going on...I don't see a message from you, still. We've had some situations where KS really just loses track of a backer, so we may need to do some research.

What reward level did you pledge for? You can answer by PM here on the boards if you prefer.
    Rich Burlew

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Pixie in the Playground

Yay! So happy! Mine arrived today just in time for the weekend.

One of my colouring books was also bent in the corner, but given how well everything was packed I'm certain that this did not happen during shipping. The other reason I suspect this is because my copies of War and XPs and Dungeon Crawling Fools have creases in the covers not near the corners, which looks like they happened through mis-handling rather than in transit.

It's very hard to photograph glossy black covers, but here's an attempt:
    http://imageshack.us/f/196/photo1uye.jpg/

Not complaining though! I'm sure in the rush to process so many orders a few books are going to get bent here and there. I'm just overjoyed to get everything finally!!! I actually LOL'd reading through the colouring book.

Speaking of which, is what Celia says supposed to be an anagram of something? I tried plugging it into an anagram parser but couldn't make anything sensible from it...

Katana_Geldar, not sure if this helps you at all, but I got my shipping notice on 25th July, and it just arrived today. In the tracking it sat in Chicago for about a week, but then suddenly appeared on Australia on August 8th, and delivered the next day. It does get logged when it arrives into Australia and they asked for a signature on delivery. In the tracking tool mine shows:

Arrival at Post Office August 09, 2012, 9:47 am AUSTRALIA
    Processed Through Sort Facility August 08, 2012, 5:30 pm AUSTRALIA
    Last edited by zzyss; 2012-08-09 at 08:03 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Question Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

I posted this in a kickstarter updated comment thread and also through the kickstarter messaging system but have received no reply so I'll post it here to.

I've been sent the wrong stuff. I selected "pledge $222 - THE WHOLE STORY -One copy each of all seven published OOTS books" and instead I've been sent two copies each of books 1, 2, and 4 and two colouring books and two note pads. Who do I contact about this?
    Last edited by nzgrover; 2012-08-11 at 12:34 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Any idea when the stragglers are going to get their resend request?

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Got my Whole Story package today! Woo!

Although the customs guys ripped me off 43€ for handling and taxes
    I prepared Explosive Runes this morning.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
    Any idea when the stragglers are going to get their resend request?
    From a kickstarter update:
    1.) "Stragglers" represent any order that got delayed for any reason and needs to be handled (or handled again) at the end of the process.
    So when most others are done would be likely, possibly even after sticky shticks if it prints quickly.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The misprint is very obvious. It consists of having half the book repeating twice, with the other half missing. If all of your pages are different, you don't have a misprint.
    I hereby declare the misprinted book a collectable!

Seriously, any of ya'll see how much mis-printed currency is worth? This is apparently a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by nzgrover View Post
    I posted this in a kickstarter updated comment thread and also through the kickstarter messaging system but have received no reply so I'll post it here to.

I've been sent the wrong stuff. I selected "pledge $222 - THE WHOLE STORY -One copy each of all seven published OOTS books" and instead I've been sent two copies each of books 1, 2, and 4 and two colouring books and two note pads. Who do I contact about this?
    nzgrover, I had a similar issue, and just popped Rich a message on kickstarter, and he took care of it in short order. Probably the easiest way to get this sorted.
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2012-08-11 at 02:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    I hereby declare the misprinted book a collectable!

Seriously, any of ya'll see how much mis-printed currency is worth? This is apparently a thing.
    Good thinking!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Can you say "highly collectible super-rare print error"?
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Throknor View Post
    So when most others are done would be likely, possibly even after sticky shticks if it prints quickly.
    Yes, but that doesn't give me an idea when that happens in terms of days/weeks/months.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    nzgrover, I had a similar issue, and just popped Rich a message on kickstarter, and he took care of it in short order. Probably the easiest way to get this sorted.
    Ok, well I did that a few days ago, and still no reply.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nzgrover View Post
    Ok, well I did that a few days ago, and still no reply.
    Maybe you're in the same Kickstarter pit as Katana_Geldar. Send the message again, and if no joy, maybe PM the Giant here, like he suggested K_G do?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Barbarian in the Playground

I got my package last night =)

Everything is so pretty looking on my book shelf =D
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avy by spectralphoenix

Sammael, Aasimar Blackguard

Avys by Neoseph07

Astaroth, Human Lich Dragon Disciple

Jophiel, Gray Elf Mystic Theurge