New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

I think it's time to throw some of those samoleans at a new web board cause it sure seems all twonkerpated or twitterwonkey or something right at the moment.
    "That's not right, that's not even wrong."

"This is not an idea to be tossed aside lightly, it should be thrown with great force."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    It's completely wrong. Rich is not doing the packaging and mailing, Ookoodook is. The only packages Rich is mailing personally are the ones he's signing. I count about 500 of those due by May, plus a bunch of Patience packages he can do at his leisure.

Also, I'm sure Rich would appreciate not getting unsolicited offers of help from people he doesn't know, even if they are fans. If he needs help, he'll ask for it himself.
    This. I have the shipping well in hand thanks to Ookoodook, I don't need volunteers.

Quote Originally Posted by One Skunk Todd View Post
    I think it's time to throw some of those samoleans at a new web board cause it sure seems all twonkerpated or twitterwonkey or something right at the moment.
    It was already a probability, but keep in mind that attention has been a lot higher today than is usual.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    Holy quintuple posting, Batman!
    I think i accidently hit like 6 or 7 >.> I kept getting an error screen each time I tried to post. Every time. I almost tried again, but i saw where it HAD posted. Guess I now understand the horrors first hand >.< It should be all cleaned up now. I think I have it all cleaned up now.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I've only just found out about this, but John Kovalic of Dork Tower and Munchkin fame had some very complimentery things to say about this drive on his Twitter Feed and Facebook account earlier in the drive. In particular he says:

Quote Originally Posted by John Kovalic on Facebook
    Also read some "Wish *I* could draw stick figures" snark it's generated. That misses the point. "Order of the Stick" is graphically *gorgeous*, and terrifically written. We should all draw "stick figures" so well...

This is a watershed moment not just for web comics, but all of comics, folks.
    Well said, Mr. Kovalic, well said.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-22 at 04:10 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Username_too_lo View Post
    Redcoat lackey of George III
    That is the most beautiful way I've ever heard anyone say 'British'. Ever.

*continues to bask in Kickstarter-y afterglow*
    !

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by zankana View Post
    I think i accidently hit like 6 or 7 >.> I kept getting an error screen each time I tried to post. Every time. I almost tried again, but i saw where it HAD posted. Guess I now understand the horrors first hand >.< It should be all cleaned up now. I think I have it all cleaned up now.
    I've run into this problem several times over the past few weeks with all the extra traffic from the Kickstarter. My personal policy is to open a new tab and check the thread before clicking send again. What really bites is when my local server loses connection because then I usually can't get the reply window to come back at all.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Skavensrule View Post
    I've run into this problem several times over the past few weeks with all the extra traffic from the Kickstarter. My personal policy is to open a new tab and check the thread before clicking send again. What really bites is when my local server loses connection because then I usually can't get the reply window to come back at all.
    I saw it suggested over in the kickstarter chat to just resend. I'll have to do that. I noticed it in the area below where it shows the posts above you.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Just a small question, will the PDFs be shipped to the amazon email or the kickstarter email address?
    OotS Quiz Junkie

Spoiler
    Show

Oh great Machine God, we beseech thee to deliver us from danger.
    Oh great Machine God, we beseech thee to invest this metal carcass with your spirit.
    Oh great Machine God, we beseech thee to bring life unto the inanimate.
    Oh great Machine God, we beseech thee to summon forth the holy en-Djinn
    Incantation of the Mechanicus

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I participated!
    *Basking in the afterglow*

10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pantler View Post
    Just a small question, will the PDFs be shipped to the amazon email or the kickstarter email address?
    I think Rich will only see the Kickstarter address so this will be it.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingPirate

I just wanted to offer congratulations to Rich and props to all those who supported him in this. I was hoping one of my job applications would come through for me before the drive was over so I could join in the fun... Sadly they didn't.

I do plan on ordering the books as and when I can afford them though.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

If you get a 500 error, it probably posted, 503 error probably did not post. If you want to check, use the back button to go to the reply box and press "preview post." If your post is already up, you'll see it in the thread below after previewing.

Edit: Oh right the kickstarter. Yeah, that was pretty good. I'm deciding between Haley and Redcloak together for a picture or just Haley and V. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-02-22 at 05:21 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Burlew
    Special thanks to all the fans and readers who weren't able to contribute but wanted to. Money isn't the only metric of success in this industry, and knowing there are thousands more of you out there who desperately wanted to buy a book or a patch but couldn't (because you didn't have the money to spare or because Kickstarter doesn't accept all payment options) still means a lot to me, personally. Whether or not someone contributed financially does not mean anything about how much they love the comic and the GITP community, and many of the people who did contribute may never have heard of OOTS if they hadn't been introduced to it by someone else. So thanks to everyone who's reading this. We couldn't have done any of this without all of you.
    Rich, thank you for this. Your behavior through the whole Kickstarter drive was amazing, and this post is (unneeded) proof that good god you're actuallya really good person. So, thanks for being such a gracious role model Rich.

(Also, don't mysteriously disappear with all the money in a month or two. That would be bad.)
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

Out of curiosity, if I have the Whole Story And A Game package is everything going to come in June once Sticky Shticks is ready, or will the books come separately sooner?

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

I feel bad I came into this so late. It was exciting for the last few days I watched. I want to congratulate Rich on such a huge success, no small part because he made it so fun to be involved in the first place. I certainly ended up spending way more money than I would have otherwise! Totally worth it, too.

And maybe now that I got around to making an account, I'll lurk on these forums more :P.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    I did not request WHAT part of her life he should cover, just a general plee for more kick-ass half-orc ninja girl!
    Therkla is one of my favourite characters (main ones excluded). I'm certain that Rich will create an entertaining story in any case, but I would probably enjoy an afterlife story more. I'm a sucker for happy ends, and would love to see Therkla getting a happier end than the quite sad one told in the main story. Gruesome details of her earlier endeavours under Kubota's command might even take away some of the warmth felt for her almost-turning-good at the end. Ignorance is bliss?

Naturally, what that story actually will be like is up to Rich (and WampaX). Anyway, thanks for both for making it possible and available (in time) for the rest of us as well.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Firbolg in the Playground

This withdrawal is ugly. I keep refreshing the Kickstarter tab. I can't keep it closed without my browser feeling naked.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Guy With a Halberd.

Don't ask.

*sees people will want to know anyway*

OK, I'll explain it a little more. It's a long standing forum in-joke from the above thread and said poster's.... dedication to That Guy With A Halberd. As I understand it, the Cult of the GwaH has even escaped this board and been referenced elsewhere, including TV Tropes.

So if a bunch of forumitites had pooled money together, it might have actually happened.
    While I wasn't on these forums for very long, I can relate to pushing very minor characters to relevance. If I was one of the pledgers at the $1250 level, I'd have picked someone very minor, like the priest of the Holey Brotherhood. (I assume he's a priest anyway).
    Last edited by Draconian; 2012-02-22 at 06:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draconian View Post
    While I wasn't on these forums for very long, I can relate to pushing very minor characters to relevance. If I was one of the pledgers at the $1250 level, I'd have picked someone very minor, like the priest of the Holey Brotherhood. (I assume he's a priest anyway).
    This is what I would have gone with too!
    "Who knows that you know is as important as knowing it in the first place" - Tarquin

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    This withdrawal is ugly. I keep refreshing the Kickstarter tab. I can't keep it closed without my browser feeling naked.
    *refreshes kickstarter page, sees that nothing has changed, and frowns*

I know that feeling....
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Can we do touchdown dances? Also, the reveal that Belkar was in on it, and then being held to his deal, was so sweet for me. It was like a free comic.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Edit: Oh right the kickstarter. Yeah, that was pretty good. I'm deciding between Haley and Redcloak together for a picture or just Haley and V. Any thoughts?
    Both would be great but I lean more towards Haley and Redcloak as I can’t really guess possible the content in advance. Not that I could with Haley and V either but I probably could fool myself into thinking I could.

I have too many possibles right now: from single portrait ones of main characters (Xykon!) to ones that would need some pre-approval for various reasons, e.g. Elan/Banjo and Vurkle/Giggles since that would be sort of like 4 characters instead of two. But there is plenty of time to decide.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Am I the only one who wants Therkla's story be a StickTale about Ninja Girl and Bard Boy?
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

24. - Top - End - #144
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Laws of Chaos View Post
    This is what I would have gone with too!
    My hope was for a story about the adventure Redcloak had to undergo to find out if they were using psionics in the OotS world, as referenced in Comic #546.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I did have a very minor choice, too.
    I gave Rich three choices, since I wanted to make sure there were alternatives if there was overlap in the selections.

The Evil Adventuring Party from 497. Really, how do you begin to fathom that raiding a heaven for xp is a good idea? And your cleric can cast Plane Shift but gets killed in one hit? And did the Drow survive (we never see her again)?

Also had a Grimm Stick Tale suggestion, but with all the alternative tale PDFs being generated, I'm happy it wasn't chosen.

Therkla was the primary suggestion and I'm super happy with that selection.
    Last edited by WampaX; 2012-02-22 at 07:36 PM.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

26. - Top - End - #146
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    ]And did the Drow survive (we never see her again)?
    She's dead on the ground in the last panel.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    She's dead on the ground in the last panel.
    Yes . . . yes she is. My spot check isn't what it used to be thanks to the patch.

But the other two questions still stand.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

*basks* Ahhh...
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

29. - Top - End - #149

BarbarianGuy

Did I miss What mystery Prize 9 is, or has it not been told to us yet?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Balain View Post
    Did I miss What mystery Prize 9 is, or has it not been told to us yet?
    It hasn't been mentioned yet.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb