New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1989
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Quote Originally Posted by Pledge Reward, Stick it to You
    A digital OOTS stick figure portrait of you (and any pets you have) for you to print out or use however you wish.
    So I think it is perfectly clear what you can do with it. Rich himself commented at the Kickstarter that the 117x117 version is perfectly fine for this forum (so I'm doing that, only thing I need to find a better place to upload the avatar, so that the transparency works)

Also the mail mentioned that my physical reward will ship soon (next week or so ).

Thanks Rich!

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No, that will be up to the people who receive them. I've gotten indication that some of them will involve private jokes or references (because they're being given as gifts or whatever), so it would be an invasion of their privacy for me to post them online.
    I have no objection to anyone sharing the images I draw for them. A thread for it sounds like a fantastic idea.
    As quoted, Rich has already given permission for these things to be shared, so no legal issues here.
    The prison was full of British officers who had sworn to die, rather than be captured.

Avatar by Rich Burlew: The Giant Stuck It To Me!

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, great. I know that sometimes trademark and copyright are weird and authors are kinda forced to restrict some stuff, I'm glad it's not the case here. I'm looking forward to seeing them all, then :)

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Ogre in the Playground

I would like to see more of them, too. (And especially the crayon drawings - but I haven't heard from anyone that they have received theirs)

I think that soonish many of the digital portraits will show up on the forums and/or on the Kickstarter (because that was what I wanted to do with it from the beginning, to use it as an avatar for suited sites/forums (and for Facebook *g*)).

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #1505

My Stick It To Me portrait has also arrived . Of course, it's now my avatar.
    Ares - Music and sounds system for roleplaying

6. - Top - End - #1506

Quote Originally Posted by Joerg View Post
    My Stick It To Me portrait has also arrived . Of course, it's now my avatar.
    Very cool! I note that both the people who have so far posted on this thread with their new Stick It To Me avatars are both from Germany. Does this indicate that the Giant is fulfilling the international rewards right now, starting with Europe? As a Stick It To Me backer living in France, I hope this is the case!
    The prison was full of British officers who had sworn to die, rather than be captured.

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I was wondering if there have been any updates as far as the patience packages; I e-mailed Rich a few weeks ago on Kickstarter but never heard back (I was hoping to give my signed book to some out-of-state friends coming through town as a gift).

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Colossus in the Playground

You should probably email him again.

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

The Patience packages are only being worked on when I don't have anything else that I can be working on, so there are still plenty left waiting to be signed. Since they were originally billed as, "After every last piece of Kickstarter work is finished," I'm not struggling to get them out if there are other packages I could do instead, like the physical goods for the Stick It packages. There aren't going to be any updates about when they are shipping, therefore; they'll ship on some random day when I have spare time and my thumb is hurting too much to draw a comic but not enough to not sign books.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Halfling in the Playground

And I also got my Stick it to Me portrait! Far more awesome than I could have ever hoped. Thanks so much, Rich!

*continues swooning over bunny cuteness*
    Last edited by Tricia; 2013-04-21 at 04:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1511
    Colossus in the Playground

Sorry to hear you're still not 100%, Giant. Though I guess it's a good thing that I wasn't able to tell.

12. - Top - End - #1512
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the quick response, Rich!

13. - Top - End - #1513
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    *continues swooning over bunny cuteness*
    Those bunnies are awesome!

14. - Top - End - #1514
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, if I did this right this time...

You can see my portrait now! (Psst, it's to the left.) I'm looking particularly bad ass with my war dog, Dulce.

15. - Top - End - #1515

Quote Originally Posted by Denyala View Post

You can see my portrait now! (Psst, it's to the left.) I'm looking particularly bad ass with my war dog, Dulce.
    Now THAT'S unleashing the fury!

16. - Top - End - #1516
    Dwarf in the Playground

I got my "Stick it to me" avatar today! I asked Rich to stick it to my favorite guitarist instead of myself, and the results are awesome.

17. - Top - End - #1517

Great to see the site back up and running again. Not least so I can show off my new avatar!

18. - Top - End - #1518
    Pixie in the Playground

Definitely not a regular poster (see sig) but Rich did such a good job on my avatar, that I felt I should show it off at least once, even if I never post again.

Anyone know the average posting times to the UK btw? I got this avatar on 21st April, but not got any of the goodies yet. I'd like to know how long to leave it before emailing rich to chase it up.
    Poster type: Lurker.
    Subclass: Hardy Perennial.
    Will appear at irregular times a couple of times a year, bloom briefly, then hide away till next time. Can be treated as any normal poster while visible; but doesn't like being out in the sun for extended periods of time.

Avatar by a certain Rich Burlew. Only cost $75 and a new F5 key (+p&p)

19. - Top - End - #1519

Wow. I'm glad I checked out this page of the thread so that I could see some more of the avatars the Giant drew. I'd seen sam79's in other threads, but I don't think I'd seen any of the others and they are awesome.

I just wanted to say that, thanks to the Kickstarter, I just placed an order for the 4 main compilation books to complete my collection today. I look forward to reading them when I receive them!

20. - Top - End - #1520
    Pixie in the Playground

The Patience packages are only being worked on when I don't have anything else that I can be working on, so there are still plenty left waiting to be signed. Since they were originally billed as, "After every last piece of Kickstarter work is finished," I'm not struggling to get them out if there are other packages I could do instead, like the physical goods for the Stick It packages. There aren't going to be any updates about when they are shipping, therefore; they'll ship on some random day when I have spare time and my thumb is hurting too much to draw a comic but not enough to not sign books.
    Guess I missed this answer, (Posted the day I got my digital image) So I'll wait a bit longer as Rich will have sent the package in his own time and it takes time to get over the pond. Get better Mr Thumb.

A general Idea of how long people have had to wait for a package from the US to UK would be a good guide though if anyone has an idea. I hate to bother Rich,so will wait, but want to know how long to wait before I have to ask.

Edit: They are indeed awesome Mr. Pearl Jam. Am not giving out the source picture, but they are surprisingly accurate for stick figures.
    Last edited by Morgath; 2013-05-17 at 10:29 AM.
    Will appear at irregular times a couple of times a year, bloom briefly, then hide away till next time. Can be treated as any normal poster while visible; but doesn't like being out in the sun for extended periods of time.

21. - Top - End - #1521
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morgath View Post
    Anyone know the average posting times to the UK btw? I got this avatar on 21st April, but not got any of the goodies yet. I'd like to know how long to leave it before emailing rich to chase it up.
    Hi Morgath - I also got the Stick it to Me package and I haven't gotten the physical rewards yet, either, so it's not just you. I think it's very possible they haven't shipped them yet, the e-mail said something like it was "likely" they would ship "in a week or so" and we all know how that goes

Packages to Europe from the east coast vary widely - the last three things I shipped to Euro-friends (in UK and Holland) took three weeks, two and a half weeks, and five days. Another one was mailed eight days ago (to Germany) and hasn't arrived yet. I'd say 1-2 weeks is pretty typical but I've seen them go as fast as three days and as slow as three and a half weeks.

I decided to have some fun with my new Stick-it avatar and I had a few stickers printed up. I've been giving them out to friends for their car bumpers and I've stuck one on my laptop. Makes me smile every time I see it!

22. - Top - End - #1522
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi SarahV
    The delay you mentioned is useful, as it gives me a general idea of how long others have had to wait And of course Rich could have posted the package towards the end of his list. It gives me an idea of how long to wait. It doesn't help that Rich didn't email to say when he posted the package, But I can wait.

Which rock star did you want to use as your avatar btw? I have a few Ideas, but not figured it out (apart from the grey hair means its of my generation and not the younger one)

23. - Top - End - #1523

Definitely not a regular poster (see sig) but Rich did such a good job on my avatar, that I felt I should show it off at least once, even if I never post again.

Hi Morgath; great avatar! I'm also waiting for a trans-atlantic goodies shipment. Rich got in touch with me last week regarding a request for a change of address, and I got the impression that the physical swag for the Stick It To... packages were still waiting to be sent out. I'd reckon on a good three or four weeks of shipping time (based on previous times when I've bought OOTS books/merchandise).

ETA: Not been ninja'd that hard for a long time!

ETA 1: I can certainly confirm that the Stick portraits are excellent representations of the source photographes.

ETA 2: My post rate has increased exponentially since recieving this avatar. That is why it has been seen around the forums a bit.
    Last edited by sam79; 2013-05-17 at 12:09 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1524
    Dwarf in the Playground

Which rock star did you want to use as your avatar btw? I have a few Ideas, but not figured it out (apart from the grey hair means its of my generation and not the younger one)
    His name is Marc Ribot, but I'm not sure many people would call him a rock star... I guess he's better known in jazz and avant garde circles, though he plays a bit of everything. The stick version of him is hilariously spot on - his hair is always a mess and he always has a pair of reading glasses worn on one of those "sport band" eyeglass straps so they won't slide off when he's playing (in the avatar, they are hanging around his neck). And the stick-guitar is a pretty good facsimile of his Fender Jaguar

You can admire the full-size version here!
    http://home.comcast.net/~sarahv1/StickMarc.png
    Last edited by SarahV; 2013-05-17 at 11:52 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1525
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi Sam79

Yeah, you got NinJad good, but it told me a lot. It's took since last week or so it's not surprising considering the circumstances.

Am not bothered when it gets here, its just it helps to know when its sent so I have an idea when to expect it. It's took Rich a bit longer than expected to post it, but sh*t happens.

I've got an answer, so I'll just wait and see. It's worth it in the end. Am glad of the Avatar anyway.

Edit: SarahV. Not heard of him before, but from a couple of youtuube videos I think its worth the the effort.
    Last edited by Morgath; 2013-05-17 at 02:10 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1526
    Pixie in the Playground

Has anyone shared any of the "Stick It to My Family" portraits yet?

I know Rich has done at least 5 - because he told us he'd done 5 in Update 58. However even though I've now seen 10 "Stick It to Me" portraits I haven't seen a single Family one.

I'm curious to know what they look like.
    Last edited by R00kie; 2013-05-18 at 07:40 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1527
    Banned

Daemon

If anyone who knows this is listening I'd like to know:

Will $5000 Cameo be in this book (which is likely wrapping up in the next 10 strips) or next book (probably in the warm up beginning)? It would be nice to know, even though I am not Cameo.

28. - Top - End - #1528

This is awesome: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/599...hart-exp-trend

I wish I'd had that to follow when the drive was active :)

29. - Top - End - #1529
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tass View Post
    I wish I'd had that to follow when the drive was active :)
    Why? What would you have done differently?

30. - Top - End - #1530

Quote Originally Posted by MartectX View Post
    Why? What would you have done differently?
    Followed it religiously looking at how the trends changed etc. because I think it is cool and I am geeky that way :)

I was one of the ones alway looking forward to the new graph update, discussing how far we would get today and which goals we would reach.