New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 328434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1989
  1. - Top - End - #1561
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    How do you turn the picture into wall paper on an Ipod Touch? I can't make mine do it.
    Have you gotten it onto your iPod Touch yet?

If so (for iOS 5),

1) Tap the Photos app.
    2) Navigate to wherever the picture is.
    3) View it.
    4) Once it is displayed, tap it so the menu comes up.
    5) In the lower left corner there is a little box with an arrow coming out of it. Tap that.
    6) A menu should come up. One of the options is: Use as Wallpaper. Tap it.
    7) Tap Set (since the 640x900 is already scaled properly).
    8) Set it to either the Set Lock Screen, Set Home Screen or Set Both.
    9) You're done.

Other iOSes might have slightly different directions.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2013-06-04 at 10:32 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

2. - Top - End - #1562
    Banned

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Have you gotten it onto your iPod Touch yet?

If so (for iOS 5),

1) Tap the Photos app.
    2) Navigate to wherever the picture is.
    3) View it.
    4) Once it is displayed, tap it so the menu comes up.
    5) In the lower left corner there is a little box with an arrow coming out of it. Tap that.
    6) A menu should come up. One of the options is: Use as Wallpaper. Tap it.
    7) Tap Set (since the 640x900 is already scaled properly).
    8) Set it to either the Set Lock Screen, Set Home Screen or Set Both.
    9) You're done.

Other iOSes might have slightly different directions.
    I can't get it on it the first place. Can't take a picture because the bar is in the way.

3. - Top - End - #1563
    Orc in the Playground

I can't get it on it the first place. Can't take a picture because the bar is in the way.
    iphoto? email? clicking on the liking using safari?

4. - Top - End - #1564
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Touch the picture for a second, until the contextual menu pops up. Select "SAVE IMAGE."

5. - Top - End - #1565
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, USPS says my package has been delivered! I had it sent to my office because packages tend to get stolen in my apartment building.

Naturally, someone accidentally took the mailbox key home with them yesterday and forgot to bring it back. So the package is in the building with me and I can't get to it.

Co-workers: (Edit: Just noticed the similarity between that smiley and my avatar. LOL.)
    Last edited by SarahV; 2013-06-05 at 10:58 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1566
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    So, USPS says my package has been delivered! I had it sent to my office because packages tend to get stolen in my apartment building.

Naturally, someone accidentally took the mailbox key home with them yesterday and forgot to bring it back. So the package is in the building with me and I can't get to it.

Co-workers: (Edit: Just noticed the similarity between that smiley and my avatar. LOL.)
    Somehow much more cruel than the spot I'm in.
    My packing is probably still over 1000km (or even over 5000km) away from me, so I can clearly do nothing to get it faster .
    If I would be in your position, I would be really inclined to try how good my Lock-picking skill is .

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #1567
    Banned

Daemon

Question for Mr Burlew if he listens.

During the early kickstarter days, you put most of your non-physical kickstarter time into the Monster Mini's and Wallpapers, on the grounds that you didn't have to script them. After the injury, you put them on hold both because they were art-intensive and to focus on the online comic (9 pages in May). When in the creative process do you think you will return to the "easy" Mini and Wallpapers? After Haleo and the digital stuff? Later?

8. - Top - End - #1568
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    If I would be in your position, I would be really inclined to try how good my Lock-picking skill is .
    I'd be more tempted to try that if the mailboxes weren't in such a public place in the office building, by the desk where the security guard sits... pretty sure my Hide skill is not up for the challenge.

9. - Top - End - #1569
    Dwarf in the Playground

Getting some lock picks is looking more and more tempting. Guess who forgot to bring the mailbox key again

On a more surreal note: I walked past the mailboxes on the way back from lunch just in case the mail delivery person happened to be standing there with the mailbox open (you never know...) and who did I walk by in the hallway to the mailboxes? Neil Gaiman. Because he's in my office building, for some reason. WHAT? To think I could have gotten him to sign something OOTSy if I only had my mailbox key! Or, or given him a Roy magnet or something! Where is the weeping-and-gnashing-of-teeth-and-rending-of-garments smiley when you need it?

Even weirder: I had a ticket to see him do a discussion and Q&A last night, so I just met him and got a book signed and now he probably thinks I'm stalking him.

Especially because I won a ticket to see a show on Tuesday which included him reading from his new novel. So this is the third day in a row I've seen him. But surely I can't be stalking him if HE shows up at MY office building, right?

I think I'm having a weird week.

10. - Top - End - #1570
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Maybe it's the universe's way of making it up to you after preventing you from getting your OotS books for two days?
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

11. - Top - End - #1571
    Barbarian in the Playground

New OotS strip + my swag arriving this morning = Good Day! Very pleased with all my stuff, especially the print. Also, an estimated despatch date of 6th June resulting in a delivery in France the 10th June seems very good service to me.
    The prison was full of British officers who had sworn to die, rather than be captured.

Avatar by Rich Burlew: The Giant Stuck It To Me!

12. - Top - End - #1572
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know how the Giant did it, but my package arrived today (only bad thing my delivery guy tried to expose it to the rainy weather, but luckily I spotted it before it got wet). So I got it in slightly more than one week, which is the fastest for any package I've been sent from the US.

Everything is in perfect condition (my NCftPB from another Kickstarter mailing (through Ookoodook) was a bit dented (but still fine), so I was a bit worried) - and finally I have all books

Spoiler
    Show

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

13. - Top - End - #1573
    Ettin in the Playground

Question for Mr Burlew if he listens.

During the early kickstarter days, you put most of your non-physical kickstarter time into the Monster Mini's and Wallpapers, on the grounds that you didn't have to script them. After the injury, you put them on hold both because they were art-intensive and to focus on the online comic (9 pages in May). When in the creative process do you think you will return to the "easy" Mini and Wallpapers? After Haleo and the digital stuff? Later?
    Along those (Monster Mini's) lines, the "slit" lines on the bases of the Small Humanoids need some adjustment. They way they are currently set, it's a very tight fit to assemble them, and even worse when you try to flatten them. Can you double-check the spacing on those lines?

That being said, I love the Monster Mini's, and I eagerly look forward to the future releases! Many, many thanks for putting these together!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

14. - Top - End - #1574
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, if I've learned one thing from my Kickstarter rewards, it is this: I still pretty much suck at coloring. And drawing. And following directions. Oh well, maybe if I go through the whole coloring book I'll develop some second-grade-level skills At least I'm still better at it than my 4-year-old nephew (he is the "Thog" to my "Elan", pretty much).

I printed up a few stickers of my stick-it-to-you guitar avatar guy over there (it seemed an appropriate medium) and have been passing them out to fellow fans of the guitarist, since he had some concerts recently that I was able to attend. Spent a lot of time waiting in line, making friends with my neighbors, and it was fun having little presents to give out.

The universal reaction from everyone who sees it is pretty much: "Oh hey! That kind of looks like OMG HE HAS THE LITTLE READING GLASSES THAT'S AWESOME " Somehow that's the detail that really makes it perfect! (Not sure how well you can see it at avatar-size, but the glasses are hanging around his neck.) At last count there are stickers stuck on one laptop, two cars, and two guitar cases. And I gave one to my mom because she thinks it's really cute. So keep an eye out, you never know where an OOTS guitarist might turn up

15. - Top - End - #1575
    Pixie in the Playground

I'd like to show off my custom avvy too, but I don't have a clue where I can put it online so I can use it. Anyone any great suggestions... Would be a real help :-)
    Tam abra quam ebenus,
    Tam atra quam nix,
    Sanguinea

16. - Top - End - #1576
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I like ImageShack as it will let you upload it as a .png (or whatever format it came to you in) to preserve the transparency and you don't even need an account to upload it if you don't want to sign up. Other people use PhotoBucket a lot for avatars, but I don't have any personal experience with it.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

17. - Top - End - #1577
    Ogre in the Playground

As Savannah mentioned you should upload a .png or .gif version (the file you uploaded to Kickstarter is converted to .jpg, which doesn't support transparency, hence the white background). Best file to use is the 117x117 .gif you got in your package (It has the correct size for the forum, and supports transparency).

As said there is ImageShack, which is simple to use.
    I think Photobucket looks more professional, but you need to register to use it.
    If you still have trouble you could go to this thread: Setting Up A Custom Avatar.

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

18. - Top - End - #1578

If you are a Dropbox user, you can put it in your Public folder and link to it, as well.

19. - Top - End - #1579
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pearl jam View Post
    If you are a Dropbox user, you can put it in your Public folder and link to it, as well.
    I have tried this myself, but wasn't able to get it working (the problem was that I only got a https link and the forum didn't accepted that), after some time I just stopped trying and used Facebook (only downside of that is, that Facebook converts all uploaded pictures to .jpg (or I haven't figured out how to prevent that), so I colored the background with the forum-background-color).

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

20. - Top - End - #1580

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    I have tried this myself, but wasn't able to get it working (the problem was that I only got a https link and the forum didn't accepted that), after some time I just stopped trying and used Facebook (only downside of that is, that Facebook converts all uploaded pictures to .jpg (or I haven't figured out how to prevent that), so I colored the background with the forum-background-color).
    I just removed the "s" from the https link Dropbox gives me and it works with no problem.

21. - Top - End - #1581
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pearl jam View Post
    I just removed the "s" from the https link Dropbox gives me and it works with no problem.
    I tried that to, but it didn't work (I did the same with the Facebook one), why I cant say and I will probably not bother to try that again - but the quintessence of this should be that there are enough options to upload something.

But I think we have derailed this topic long enough

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

22. - Top - End - #1582
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

eek Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Redacting because Rich responded below. My whiny complaint has been answered
    Last edited by Ack_Jammer; 2013-07-02 at 07:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1583
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ack_Jammer View Post
    <snip>

tl;dr - Shorted on ks - game + expansion. Rich, please talk to me :(
    I clearly can't speak for Rich, but I would like to add some general pointers (about the shipping process and Update 50).

First of all, your reward consists of two complete separate shipments:
    • The signed books: These came directly from Rich.
    • The game: This is shipped directly from Ookoodook. Rich doesn't have that much to do with it (other than saying who gets what).

In the early days of February 2013 Rich had trouble with the KS-message system (I can't really directly link to the specific comments and be sure the link works in the future, but you can see all comments chronologically on Rich's profile page), so maybe that is one of the reasons why Rich hasn't answered. (If this still persists - haven't heard anything on that topic again.)

Did you send an email to <[email protected]> [if you didn't receive a confirmation email] or <[email protected]> [if you did]?

If you haven't done I would write an email for your game. [I had to do the same for my misplaced order (not for the game, but other stuff), and got an answer four days later (but I think not from Rich directly), I did sent it the day after Update 50. The problem was that my non-signed stuff got sorted into some list of special exceptions, and there it did sit until I said something about it, maybe your game has a similar problem. From that answer to the shipping confirmation from Ookoodook it took additional 17 days of waiting.]

I really hope (and think) you will get your stuff.

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

24. - Top - End - #1584
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Thanks for your advice. I'll try sending out an email and hopefully get a reply because this is extremely uncharacteristic for him, from what little I've interacted with him. I'll be sure to update.

25. - Top - End - #1585
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

I have little power over shipping the games except to tell Ookoodook, "Hey, this guy didn't get his game, please reship it." I've done that. I will tell them again, since it seems you don't have it yet.

But beyond that, you should know that I do not read or respond to the Kickstarter stuff every day, or even every week. I can't; it would eat up the few working hours I can eke out so that I would never get any drawing done. I have been struggling to finish the Haleo & Julelan story while still working on the regular strip, and that means I have been ignoring the individual contacts while I do. Generally, when it's time to put out a KS update, I go back and spend a day catching up on the previous few weeks of correspondence. It's more efficient that way, since there are usually like 20 people asking the same thing.

I'm sorry you don't have your game yet, and I will continue to work to get it to you, but expecting a certain timeframe on me responding—yes, even a month—is unrealistic at this point. I'm prioritizing getting everyone their digital rewards over the handful of people for whom the postal service ate their packages.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

26. - Top - End - #1586
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I'm prioritizing getting everyone their digital rewards
    That's good news for me.
    Yesterday the physical stuff of my STICK IT TO YOU package arrived (thanks to german customs it took about a month to get here...) and now I just can't wait to get my Avatar.

27. - Top - End - #1587
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I have little power over shipping the games except to tell Ookoodook, "Hey, this guy didn't get his game, please reship it." I've done that. I will tell them again, since it seems you don't have it yet.

But beyond that, you should know that I do not read or respond to the Kickstarter stuff every day, or even every week. I can't; it would eat up the few working hours I can eke out so that I would never get any drawing done. I have been struggling to finish the Haleo & Julelan story while still working on the regular strip, and that means I have been ignoring the individual contacts while I do. Generally, when it's time to put out a KS update, I go back and spend a day catching up on the previous few weeks of correspondence. It's more efficient that way, since there are usually like 20 people asking the same thing.

I'm sorry you don't have your game yet, and I will continue to work to get it to you, but expecting a certain timeframe on me responding—yes, even a month—is unrealistic at this point. I'm prioritizing getting everyone their digital rewards over the handful of people for whom the postal service ate their packages.

Thank you - this is all I needed to hear. Thank you for taking the time to respond! Sorry about being such a thorn in your side but all I really wanted was to know something was happening. I eagerly await for more of your awesome works, Rich!

28. - Top - End - #1588
    Ogre in the Playground

This post is in no way meant to be a complaint or to rush Rich. I just wondered if we've been told what Mystery Price #9 is? I'm thinking I may have missed it, but then again so much different stuff has happened since the drive ended that maybe Rich just hasn't had time to reveal it yet. Which, if that is the case, is totally understandable.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

29. - Top - End - #1589
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Mystery Prize #9 has not yet been revealed.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

30. - Top - End - #1590
    Dwarf in the Playground

Any updates on ETA of the Giant's Monster Minis for Summer, Fall and Winter seasons? The Spring 2012 minis were awesome, would love to see more when Giant's workload and physical condition permit.

(I expect that if there had been an announcement, it would be in this thread somewhere, but all search capability seems to be removed or carefully hidden, and I don't have time to read 50+ pages of thread.)

Thanks for all of your hard work, Giant!
    Last edited by SpaceBadger; 2013-07-10 at 05:13 AM.