New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 429444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1989
  1. - Top - End - #1591
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBadger View Post
    Any updates on ETA of the Giant's Monster Minis for Summer, Fall and Winter seasons? The Spring 2012 minis were awesome, would love to see more when Giant's workload and physical condition permit.

(I expect that if there had been an announcement, it would be in this thread somewhere, but all search capability seems to be removed or carefully hidden, and I don't have time to read 50+ pages of thread.)

Thanks for all of your hard work, Giant!
    The Work-O-Meter in the last Update 59 (Jun 4, 2013) has still 1/10 green boxes lit on Monster Minis: Summer, so I think we have still some time to wait for them. If you follow the Kickstarter updates, I think it will pretty hard to miss them if they do get available.

[On a site note: Search is disabled]

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1592
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    On a site note: Search is disabled
    Nice one, Christian!

3. - Top - End - #1593
    Barbarian in the Playground

Today I got my copies of: Start of Darkness, Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, No Cure For the Paladin Blues, War And XP's and
    Don't Split The Party to complete my collection of printed books!

Thanks Rich and to everyone who participated in the Kickstarter!

4. - Top - End - #1594

So has anyone got a new Stick It To Me avatar that they want to show off here? Step right up!
    The prison was full of British officers who had sworn to die, rather than be captured.

Avatar by Rich Burlew: The Giant Stuck It To Me!

5. - Top - End - #1595
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sam79 View Post
    So has anyone got a new Stick It To Me avatar that they want to show off here? Step right up!
    Well, here is another one.
    Last edited by Rumburak; 2013-08-19 at 03:48 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1596
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a quick question, what do the yellow and green spots on the progress bars mean?

Sorry if this has already been discussed a dozen times, but it's a long thread and I don't want to read it all.
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

7. - Top - End - #1597
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    Just a quick question, what do the yellow and green spots on the progress bars mean?

Sorry if this has already been discussed a dozen times, but it's a long thread and I don't want to read it all.
    I think Green is preliminary plotting, yellow is designing/prototyping, red is making the finished product.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

8. - Top - End - #1598
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    I think Green is preliminary plotting, yellow is designing/prototyping, red is making the finished product.
    Red is initial concept, yellow is planning, green is production.

And as we can see, a year and a half on the Giant is apparently no closer to figuring out what he's going to do with Julio Scoundrel.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

9. - Top - End - #1599
    Titan in the Playground

So, I got a new e-mail address last year, and apparently forgot to update my Kickstarter information. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the old account. As a result, I haven't gotten the Belkar or Haleo and Julean PDFs. I've now changed my e-mail on Kickstarter; is there any way to get the PDFs I missed?
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

10. - Top - End - #1600
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    So, I got a new e-mail address last year, and apparently forgot to update my Kickstarter information. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the old account. As a result, I haven't gotten the Belkar or Haleo and Julean PDFs. I've now changed my e-mail on Kickstarter; is there any way to get the PDFs I missed?
    Just look up the OOTS Kickstarter drive on the Kickstarter site; the last couple of updates (which you can only see if you are logged in as a backer) will let you download it and give you the password.

11. - Top - End - #1601
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    They were not sent by email, for info. They were linked to in backer-only updates. The updates should be clearly labelled with the name of the PDF included in them, and I assume the links still work.

12. - Top - End - #1602
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, thank you kindly. Reading now.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

13. - Top - End - #1603
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I liked:

* O'Chul being the lifeguard watching for sharks (other than Razor).

* Lien the paladin wearing the more modest 1-piece, despite her own stated preference for beefcake.

* Belkar, as ever, making good use of his Ring of Jumping.

* Haley being able to talk Elan out of wearing a green speedo and winged feet...

14. - Top - End - #1604
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Moved the posts about the wallpaper to the Wallpaper Discussion Thread, since there were three separate conversations going on about it.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

15. - Top - End - #1605
    Ettin in the Playground

First of all, I'm very upset about missing this drive. I've been reading OOTS for a few years, but never participated on the forums until recently, and had never even heard of Kickstarter before. Give a guy money, so he can print books to make more money and not give it back? Sounded like a scam to me.

Of course, now I kick myself daily for missing it when I hear everyone talk about the cool stories they get that I am missing out on. But, I've learned my lesson, and have participated in a lot of cool Kickstarter drives since then, but I'm still upset at missing this one.

Anyway: my point. I'm not really a "collector", of books, or toys, or anything. I have one bookshelf in my house, and it isn't even full. I usually get books from the library, or if that isn't possible, buy them, read them, then re-sell them. (I've already done this with the 2 prequel books)

That was always going to be my plan for the OOTS books: I was going to wait until the entire series was done, buy all the books, read them with the commentary in one big chunk, then unload them. (That is my ultimate goal: To read the entire strip, with all the commentary and bonus strips, in one go. I can't wait!)

But I've been worrying about this recently. Is this a bad idea? Will they run out of print copies, again, before the end of the strip, and I'll have to fork out $100 or so for an out-of-print book?

What do you say? Is this a good idea? Or should I talk my wife into letting me tie up $150 or so in books for the few years it takes for the strip to end, so I can read them all together then get rid of them? Or should I stick with my original goal of waiting it out?

16. - Top - End - #1606
    Colossus in the Playground

If you want to guarantee being able to read anything...buy it when you can, for tomorrow we die.

17. - Top - End - #1607
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the Kickstarter showed that interested is there, so I think the odds are good that they will stay in print.

We will see what happens if the next book goes out of print (maybe that will not happen, because the next print-run can be scheduled right away). It might even be possibly that in a distant future there will be a second Kickstarter (but I think that will only happen after the first is completely done - and I think it is possibly that we will not get spoiled so hard like in this one).

But I must say you have a pretty good Will save - I was really close to buy one of the new OtOoPCs while waiting for my signed version to ship.

And if you want to read SSaDT, I would recommend to buy that now, because this is a limited book and will not be reprinted.

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

18. - Top - End - #1608
    Ettin in the Playground

But I must say you have a pretty good Will save - I was really close to buy one of the new OtOoPCs while waiting for my signed version to ship.
    I can't believe you said that. Because I came on here right after buying the first two books. I guess I rolled a natural 1.

19. - Top - End - #1609
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Not to force you to make another Will Save, but you should probably know that Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales is a One Print Run and when it sells out it will never be printed again. Pretty much forcing you to go the used/rare copy route.

Not that I'm encouraging you to buy it now....

... Just mentioning you might not be able to buy it in two years time.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

20. - Top - End - #1610
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, I don't know if this was answered before, but because the thread is so huge, I cant really find it. After the monster minis/monster for every season's are all finished and given to the kickstarter backers, will that be all who ever get it? Or will it be like, available on ookoodook after some period of time, like a year after they are finished, or what? I want a nice set of those mini's for an authentic order of the stick campaign, and i'm willing to wait for them to be available, I just want to make sure i'm not forced to resort to rather unscrupulous means.

21. - Top - End - #1611
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beige Dragon View Post
    So, I don't know if this was answered before, but because the thread is so huge, I cant really find it. After the monster minis/monster for every season's are all finished and given to the kickstarter backers, will that be all who ever get it? Or will it be like, available on ookoodook after some period of time, like a year after they are finished, or what? I want a nice set of those mini's for an authentic order of the stick campaign, and i'm willing to wait for them to be available, I just want to make sure i'm not forced to resort to rather unscrupulous means.
    I think that topic wasn't addressed yet.

Since the Giant (as of now) doesn't sell digital items (and I can't imagine that a physical printed-out version will be maid available), I would say the changes aren't that great, but that is only my guess.

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

22. - Top - End - #1612
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that topic wasn't addressed yet.

Since the Giant (as of now) doesn't sell digital items (and I can't imagine that a physical printed-out version will be maid available), I would say the changes aren't that great, but that is only my guess.
    Well, since the Giant's reason not to sell digital items is that it would affect the sales of printed items enough not to make them viable, I fail to see how his decision not to sell digital version of print books would ever affect his decision to sell digital products that don't have a print equivalent.

However, I agree that I don't believe it's been addressed. Maybe there is a plan for a booklet that includes all seasons or something. Either way, I would say you have some time left before you worry about that, we're not yet halfway through the kickstarter ones being released, so this won't be an issue for a while.

23. - Top - End - #1613
    Troll in the Playground

It seems to be a general consensus that there should be a Kickstarter edition book with the pdfs and a cardstock case of the miniatures printed once they are complete and the hard work creating them is finished. Whether or not the giant chooses to do so, remains to be seen. (but if he does, he knows where to get the funding for the printing costs )

24. - Top - End - #1614

In case it hasn't been said before -- I, for one, cannot wait for the patience packages to come out. I'm eager to re-read the whole series, including commentaries! If anyone else is feeling antsy, you're not alone!

25. - Top - End - #1615
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    That was always going to be my plan for the OOTS books: I was going to wait until the entire series was done, buy all the books, read them with the commentary in one big chunk, then unload them. (That is my ultimate goal: To read the entire strip, with all the commentary and bonus strips, in one go. I can't wait!)
    I think you should start reading ASAP! Carpe Diem and all that :)
    I've read my collection several times now and once the current book is realeased, I'll do it again.
    Once you go scaly, you'll be back daily.

26. - Top - End - #1616
    Troll in the Playground

I wanted to share a great moment with the Kickstarter miniatures. I found this virtual tabletop program on kickstarter that has the ability to make any image into a 2D miniature. Now my gaming group (which has split from moves) will not only be able to keep playing, but can play with Oots miniatures as well. No need for printing.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2013-09-19 at 01:19 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1617
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Just FYI, I just released the Summer miniatures. So check your email and/or the Kickstarter page for those.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

28. - Top - End - #1618
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Just FYI, I just released the Summer miniatures. So check your email and/or the Kickstarter page for those.
    Thank you and congratulate for 10 years awesomeness! It's always like a present when one of the fullfillments come in so I'm very happy
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1619
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

These are awesome once again! Love the Tortle Ninja

30. - Top - End - #1620
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome birthday present for us

Some really cool stuff there - I really like them.

For now I would vote for the Sea Kitty to be my favourite one - but that could easily change in the next few minutes, since they're all just way to sweet .

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!