New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1035505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 1989
  1. - Top - End - #1771
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    Imo the answer "Just wait for X." to the question "Has X happened?" can only be really understand as a implied "no". (Yes, I didn't said "no" - mostly because I didn't want to directly say "no".)
    Thank you. Why would you not want to directly say, "no"? "No" is the most helpful response to the question (assuming the answer is actually 'no'). Mostly I was annoyed at the other guy, but I forgot it was April 1st. So I guess I have no leg to stand on there either.

2. - Top - End - #1772
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eras10 View Post
    Thank you. Why would you not want to directly say, "no"?
    Because talking about the update schedule of the strip is against forum rules. I don't actually know if the same is true regarding the Kickstarter updates/rewards (I assume not?), but it seems to me that most posters prefer to be restrained, respectful and very circumspect when talking about the author's workrate in this context too. IMO, this is the correct attitude to have.

I would also bet that the person most frustrated with the fact that the Kickstarter rewars are taking longer to come out than was planned is the author himself.
    The prison was full of British officers who had sworn to die, rather than be captured.

Avatar by Rich Burlew: The Giant Stuck It To Me!

3. - Top - End - #1773
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you. Why would you not want to directly say, "no"? "No" is the most helpful response to the question (assuming the answer is actually 'no').
    Quote Originally Posted by sam79 View Post
    Because talking about the update schedule of the strip is against forum rules. I don't actually know if the same is true regarding the Kickstarter updates/rewards (I assume not?), but it seems to me that most posters prefer to be restrained, respectful and very circumspect when talking about the author's workrate in this context too. IMO, this is the correct attitude to have.

I would also bet that the person most frustrated with the fact that the Kickstarter rewars are taking longer to come out than was planned is the author himself.
    Basically this. I couldn't have formulated it better.

I honestly don't want to start any talk about how much time passed between updates or whatever. So I tried to to "talk it down a bit" with basically saying "you have to wait, some day it will happen." (With the implied answer "no". Because it just can't be read as "yes").

Strictly speaking I don't know whether talking about it would be against the forum rules (though I kinda like to err on the side of caution if I'm not sure), but in all cases I don't think talking about it will really help anyone (and worst case it could cause trouble somehow).

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

4. - Top - End - #1774
    Banned

Daemon

Thank you. Why would you not want to directly say, "no"? "No" is the most helpful response to the question (assuming the answer is actually 'no'). Mostly I was annoyed at the other guy, but I forgot it was April 1st. So I guess I have no leg to stand on there either.
    Sorry about that. I did put in white text a bit saying it was april fools so you weren't confused. It was a reference to the pictures for sad children kickstarter breakdown (which was also a stick figure comic).

We'll probably get an update soon. The time without an update exceeds that of the time Rich's thumb prevented him from working so Mr B won't be keeping us waiting much longer.

5. - Top - End - #1775
    Dwarf in the Playground

With 60 pages in this thread and 66 updates on Kickstarter, I am getting exhausted just thinking about searching for this info, so I thought I'd ask in case someone remembered and could save me the trouble: what is the recommended way to put an address change in, for us patiently lingering crayon-drawing type folks? Having a sudden and somewhat unfortunate not-going-to-be-in-the-same-place-anymore kind of issue...

6. - Top - End - #1776
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    With 60 pages in this thread and 66 updates on Kickstarter, I am getting exhausted just thinking about searching for this info, so I thought I'd ask in case someone remembered and could save me the trouble: what is the recommended way to put an address change in, for us patiently lingering crayon-drawing type folks? Having a sudden and somewhat unfortunate not-going-to-be-in-the-same-place-anymore kind of issue...
    Rich might very well correct me, but after checking the Project updates, it looks like you might want to send an email to [email protected], put "Address Change" (or something similar) in the Subject Field and then explain the situation.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2014-04-09 at 11:33 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

7. - Top - End - #1777
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank you, Porthos, I'll give that a shot.

8. - Top - End - #1778
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

By the way, Kickstarter was vulnerable to the Heartbleed bug, but has since had its security thingy updated, so it'd be a good idea to change your passwords on there.

Found this site for checking if a particular site is vulnerable: https://lastpass.com/heartbleed/

9. - Top - End - #1779
    Orc in the Playground

I'm curious to know if anyone got their crayon drawings... Rich said that he would be mailing them soon, but as I live in Brazil I know I'll have to be extra patient.
    My new tumblr on all things meta:

http://meta-net.tumblr.com/

Yes, Tarquin is there as the ultimate meta-villain.
    Open to suggestions or submissions

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The main theme of the comic is, "I'm glad I have a job where I can work in my pajamas."

10. - Top - End - #1780
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nogall View Post
    I'm curious to know if anyone got their crayon drawings... Rich said that he would be mailing them soon, but as I live in Brazil I know I'll have to be extra patient.
    Haven't heard of anything. I also think that (at least some) people would be eager to post about it and best share it with others. At least I would love to present some (or best all ) in the thread I started to collect Kickstarter rewards.

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

11. - Top - End - #1781
    Orc in the Playground

New wallpaper! Yay!

Also new Kickstarter update. Regarding which: "whatever patience I have left" is quite a lot of patience. In fact, whenever I get the slightest inkling of a temptation to grumble about my crayon drawing, I look at the details of my pledge and it says "PATIENCE" in big letters, so it's very easy for me to be patient.

12. - Top - End - #1782
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    The Wrong Eye
    Man, you know you have it bad when even the author makes fun of you for that.
    " Welcome, Nerevar. Together we shall speak for the Law and the Land, and shall drive the mongrel dogs of the Empire from Morrowind. "

13. - Top - End - #1783

Love the wallpaper, but then the source image is possibly my favorite D&D image ever; it's such a perfect depiction of what PCs are like.

14. - Top - End - #1784
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Ermm, not sure who or where to bring this up properly but i noticed all but a couple of the resolutions of the new wallpaper cut off a huge amount of stuff on the left hand side, a few cut off even more above below and to the right.

15. - Top - End - #1785
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The 'signature' is a nice touch.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

16. - Top - End - #1786
    Bugbear in the Playground

Great wallpaper; thanks Giant.

Are they piling hobgoblin corpses on the altar just to get them out of sight/the way, or do they have something else (dark ritual?) in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Ermm, not sure who or where to bring this up properly but i noticed all but a couple of the resolutions of the new wallpaper cut off a huge amount of stuff on the left hand side, a few cut off even more above below and to the right.
    I think the alternative to cropping would be to stretch & distort the image in an unattractive manner.
    Last edited by Bird; 2014-08-05 at 04:20 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1787
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Fair enough, wasn't sure it was intentional was all ;).

18. - Top - End - #1788

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Fair enough, wasn't sure it was intentional was all ;).
    Aye. The other wallpapers were crop-heavy for many resolutions, too, so it all seems intentional to me.

19. - Top - End - #1789
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Even with the title, it took forever for me to notice that they were looting a statue of Redcloak.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

20. - Top - End - #1790
    Ogre in the Playground

Every time I get an email from the OOTS Kickstarter, I feel like it's my birthday or something :)

I really like the wallpaper, and looks like there was some more progress done. I'm glad I'm not the one who has to search around 400 emails to make sure if anyone has had an address change, though.

21. - Top - End - #1791
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Love the wallpaper, but then the source image is possibly my favorite D&D image ever; it's such a perfect depiction of what PCs are like.
    It's definitely one of the most iconic D&D images of all time. Right up there with Count Strahd on the cover of I6, Raistlin and Lady Crysania on the cover of "Time of the Twins", and Kieth Parkinson's "Lord Soth's Charge".

22. - Top - End - #1792
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I was just considering today how much I love the hit point pads. They're well made, the perfect size, and fun to doodle on. This is the result of a productive eight hours of gaming today:

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

23. - Top - End - #1793
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    I was just considering today how much I love the hit point pads. They're well made, the perfect size, and fun to doodle on. This is the result of a productive eight hours of gaming today:
    I love using them to pass notes to my doctors... and they love them too :) Always nice to have some fun in medical matters.

24. - Top - End - #1794

SolithKnightGuy

Has their been any guidance on what to do when planning a move/address change or anything like that before our package is shipped? I sent the Giant a message on Kickstarter a couple weeks ago and haven't gotten a response.

25. - Top - End - #1795
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Typewriter View Post
    Has their been any guidance on what to do when planning a move/address change or anything like that before our package is shipped? I sent the Giant a message on Kickstarter a couple weeks ago and haven't gotten a response.
    From the Kickstarter updates Rich seems to work in batches. In Update #61 he said that he needed to dig through his Kickstarter messages before sending stuff out, because potential address changes. So Rich is aware that some of them might be address changes, though I don't know whether he sends acknowledgments for them - but sending KS messages seems like the way to go.

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

26. - Top - End - #1796

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    From the Kickstarter updates Rich seems to work in batches. In Update #61 he said that he needed to dig through his Kickstarter messages before sending stuff out, because potential address changes. So Rich is aware that some of them might be address changes, though I don't know whether he sends acknowledgments for them - but sending KS messages seems like the way to go.
    Thanks, I thought I remembered reading something about it somewhere but I couldn't remember for sure. I tried looking briefly at some updates but obviously I didn't look close enough, haha.

27. - Top - End - #1797
    Dwarf in the Playground

I bet this has been answered already, but what was the walk-on cameo?
    Elementalist of the Redcloak Fan Club

Awesome avatar by Eldan.

28. - Top - End - #1798

Not yet revealed. I'm guessing something will happen in Gnome-Town.

29. - Top - End - #1799
    Banned

Is the PDF 'Uncivil Servant' supposed to be available to Kickstarter backers only? Just asking because it's the first search result that comes up when searching the words 'oots pdf' on Google. Leads straight to a page where you can download it.

30. - Top - End - #1800
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yes, the PDFs are supposed to be backer exclusive.