New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 123752535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 1989
  1. - Top - End - #1831
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    Although it makes me really sad that I could find some Stick it to You's without finding a way to contact the owner and so I have no permission* to post them.

*Maybe I could technically post them because they are floating inside the web, but to me it just doesn't feel right to post them without permission.
    ChristianSt, could you link to them? Not hotlinking/scraping the content, but just "Click here to see a Stick It to You from OOTSPhan858535."

2. - Top - End - #1832
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gamera View Post
    ChristianSt, could you link to them? Not hotlinking/scraping the content, but just "Click here to see a Stick It to You from OOTSPhan858535."
    The idea is certainly not bad, but I don't know how I feel with linking to Kickstarter profile pages (the only useful links I could provide for them). It seems a bit stalkerish/weird.
    I will ponder about it, but I honestly don't think I will do it.

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #1833
    Ogre in the Playground

If you have their Kickstarter profile pages, can't you contact them that way, though?

4. - Top - End - #1834
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    If you have their Kickstarter profile pages, can't you contact them that way, though?
    Nope.

There is (to my knowledge) no method to contact other backers. It is only possible to send messages to project creators and vice versa. Honestly I must admit that for normal usage I think it is a reasonable design.

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #1835
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

You know how OOTS was the biggest comic themed KS for the longest time?

Yeah, about that.

Okay, okay. That isn't a comic reprint project or anything, so I guess OOTS's record is still safe. But good golly, that's a lot!

(Not promoting this or anything , but I heard about it vaguely though the grapevine and just did a WTF as I saw the current total still skyrocketing upwards and upwards)
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

6. - Top - End - #1836
    Bugbear in the Playground

My god. What's all the more impressive is that they've raised that much almost entirely with 35$ pledges. The mind boggles.

I'm happy for the creators, and also curious whether they've got anything like the capacity to deal with that many orders. As The Giant knows, a mega-success can be a mixed blessing.

At least so far, though, it looks like they've done themselves some favors by avoiding offering too many bells and whistles that would complicate things for them.
    Last edited by Bird; 2015-01-29 at 02:35 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1837
    Halfling in the Playground

I don't know if it was asked before, but I did re-read the OOTS Kickstarter and I was wondering if there is/was any plan of printing the mini-comic about kicking Belkar.

I mean, there were people who gave money to reprint books they already owned, so...
    Last edited by Kgw; 2015-02-06 at 08:36 PM.
    "It was a dark night that Thursday morning..."

8. - Top - End - #1838
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kgw View Post
    I don't know if it was asked before, but I did re-read the OOTS Kickstarter and I was wondering if there is/was any plan of printing the mini-comic about kicking Belkar.

I mean, there were people who gave money to reprint books they already owned, so...
    Short answer, no.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

9. - Top - End - #1839
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kgw View Post

IIRC the Giant said some of the Kickstarter material might be used as bonus material. A good place would be a "book K", collecting the Kickstarter stories, though there is no confirmation whether these stories will be collected into one book or distributed among different books.

Problems with [table]?
    The Order of the Stick

Thanks!

10. - Top - End - #1840

Also, such a book would be quite a ways off, as we've only gotten a quarter of the stories so far.

We've gotten the Backer's Choice Belkar and the Haleo and Julean stories. There's still the Dim Sun, Sir Francois, Julio Scoundrel, and the Backer's Choice Therkla and CPPD stories to go before there would be a compilation.

11. - Top - End - #1841

Not to mention the O-Chul story, which IIRC was the first pdf extra to be included in the Kickstarter rewards. (Ah, memories...)
    Last edited by Bird; 2015-02-07 at 05:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1842

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyKris View Post
    Also, such a book would be quite a ways off, as we've only gotten a quarter of the stories so far.

We've gotten the Backer's Choice Belkar and the Haleo and Julean stories. There's still the Dim Sun, Sir Francois, Julio Scoundrel, and the Backer's Choice Therkla and CPPD stories to go before there would be a compilation.
    It's funny how we tend to forget the story that initially led us (me anyway) to the Kickstarter drive at first. O-Chuls story is missing, too.

Edit:

Ah well, ninjaed.
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2015-02-07 at 05:47 PM.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1843

Oops, I left one out. Yeah, the Ochul story makes eight.

14. - Top - End - #1844
    Pixie in the Playground

I know asking about deadlines is usually kinda verboten around here but has the big guy dropped the remaining Kickstarter stuff? There never seem to be any updates, not even "dudes, still working on it here and there" type updates, so I've just begun to doubt they're coming. Help me out if there have been posts here lately that I've missed or something. I'm not on much.
    Lich needs coffee badly.

15. - Top - End - #1845
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Based on some fairly recent updates to the thread pasted below, it looks like The Giant has been working on some of the personalized crayon drawing rewards recently.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ard-Collection

16. - Top - End - #1846
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

Dear Giant,

It has been years. I realize you have no intention of following through on your obligations. And by years I mean years without updates not just what you promised. I formally release you. I wish you well in your future endeavors.
    Last edited by Slibs; 2015-02-14 at 06:20 PM.
    Woo, I say woo

17. - Top - End - #1847

Quote Originally Posted by Slibs View Post
    Dear Giant,

It has been years. I realize you have no intention of following through on your obligations. And by years I mean years without updates not just what you promised. I formally release you. I wish you well in your future endeavors.
    By checking my e-mail, I discovered that the last project update + wallpaper was in August, so--months, not years. Also, as noted above by 2.5 cats, he has been sending out crayon drawings recently, which are also Kickstarter rewards for those that paid for them.

18. - Top - End - #1848
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by 2.5 cats View Post
    Based on some fairly recent updates to the thread pasted below, it looks like The Giant has been working on some of the personalized crayon drawing rewards recently.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ard-Collection
    Yep. I got an email through Kickstarter in October telling me my drawing was done and it would ship soon. Sadly, I still haven't seen it. I've sent a couple of replies and a pm hoping for some information to try to track it down, but I don't think The Giant checks the KS email often as I haven't heard anything. I am still holding out hope that it isn't lost/destroyed. Anyway, if I do ever get the drawing, I'll be sure to share.

Still holding on to hope,

Jeff

19. - Top - End - #1849

Speaking of which, there's a new update and the Therkla backer's choice PDF.

20. - Top - End - #1850
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

I was just coming here to say that.

Emberthorn: Your crayon drawing returned to us; the box was beaten up pretty badly but the drawing is intact. I'll repack it and send it out with the next wave of drawings to go out. I don't know why it came back, but I'll try again.

For everyone else: Putting aside the over-the-top hyperbole of claiming that it has been "years" since an update—months, sure, but not years—this project will NEVER be canceled or terminated for anything short of my physical incapacitation or death. Everything will be fulfilled. It will take years. It will still happen. I realize no one is happy with how often I have been updating, but there is no line from that fact to the idea that I've somehow abandoned the project. I am still here, still working.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

21. - Top - End - #1851

I moved some posts about the Therkla story to the Kickstarter PDF Discussion Thread to keep this thread clear for talking about the project itself.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

22. - Top - End - #1852
    Ogre in the Playground

I just wanted to point out that some of us (many of us, I suspect) are perfectly fine with how often we're updated on the project. Speaking for myself, I know things will get there and I like getting PDFs links in my mailbox every so often. I find it much more satisfying that if I had received them all at once soon after the Kickstarter was over, to be honest. I'm not trying to reassure you or anything, you owe me nothing and I'm sure you're the person who holds yourself to it all the most anyways, but I don't think "no one is happy with how often I have been updating" is quite true.

23. - Top - End - #1853
    Barbarian in the Playground

This is probably my favorite of the KS stories so far!
    !

24. - Top - End - #1854
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks, Giant! I really appreciate all the hard you're putting into this! Many, many thanks!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

25. - Top - End - #1855
    Barbarian in the Playground

I am perfectly happy with this frequency of updates. The fact that updates aren't super-often means that I generally forget to expect them, which means that each one is a nice surprise.
    "Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point."
    ~~~ C. S. Lewis
    First Mate on board Hinjo's Junk
    Theological Advisor of the Hinjo Fan Club
    Shark Smiter of the O-Chul Fan Club
    GitP Folding Team

26. - Top - End - #1856
    Colossus in the Playground

More frequent updates would be nice, but I understand why that may not be possible. What's more important is that they're being done. And I definitely squealed for joy whe I saw this new update and read the story.

I can't say I wouldn't like the winter monster minis for my game right now though!

27. - Top - End - #1857
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    I'm happy for the creators, and also curious whether they've got anything like the capacity to deal with that many orders. As The Giant knows, a mega-success can be a mixed blessing.

At least so far, though, it looks like they've done themselves some favors by avoiding offering too many bells and whistles that would complicate things for them.
    Inman, at least, has some experience with publishing good work at the scale they're talking about now. I don't know about the others involved in that one. And this is a lot more... compartmentalized and reproducible?... than what was in the OOTS KS. And as you noted, the offerings are not diverse and numerous.

The Exploding Kittens KS has gotten all the hand-crafted art done in advance and doesn't appear to be doing custom work, so I think it's a lot more likely to fulfill quickly and thoroughly than what happened to OOTS KS. This isn't a reach-exceeded-grasp thing that will take years to complete.

28. - Top - End - #1858

I just sent out a new update, and for those who didn't actually back the Kickstarter and might be reading this, there's a new wallpaper available on the wallpaper page:

Rich Burlew

29. - Top - End - #1859
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Mr. Scruffy as a Tribble. Bueno!
    Suspiciously normal.
    I'm from the Government. We're here to help!
    2nd Age Elven Warrior by Vrythas. Elves are not pansies!

30. - Top - End - #1860
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Durkon as a red-shirt got me in the feels.

I assume Elan is decked in Science Officer garb because he's taking over as healer. And the other red-shirts, well, not everyone is science or command. I'm a bit surprised Belkar was put into Command, though I'd image it's mostly because of the low member count in the Order.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2