New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 154055565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 1989
  1. - Top - End - #1921
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Quote Originally Posted by Storm_Of_Snow View Post
    Plus there's "Dim Sun" to come at some point as well.
    Is there a specific reason to highlight the Dim Sun story? There are multiple others on the "Kickstarter stories yet to be released"-list (To name them: Julio Scoundrél, Sir Francois and the CPPD)

Quote Originally Posted by Storm_Of_Snow View Post
    On a related note, does anyone know if there's a plan to print all the Gygax magazine comics?
    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I would seriously doubt that Rich has the rights to do that--depends on private details of his contract with Gygax Magazine, of course, which he's not likely to tell us and nor are we entitled to know them.
    I haven't heard any information on that topic, but seeing that the Dragon Magazine strips were published, I would assume that something similar for Gygax could happen (though I would not expect something as long as OotS still runs in Gygax). Since I haven't read them yet (and it is unlikely that I will start with the Gygax magazine) I would certainly appreciate such a release.

(But yeah, nothing we are really entitled to speculate about, and also something that is off-topic for this thread)

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1922
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    Is there a specific reason to highlight the Dim Sun story? There are multiple others on the "Kickstarter stories yet to be released"-list (To name them: Julio Scoundrél, Sir Francois and the CPPD)
    Yes, there was a specific reason - namely that I forgot about the other three stories.

3. - Top - End - #1923
    Barbarian in the Playground

Not sure if this should go here. I'm curious, would anyone else had been interested if one of the pdfs were on Inkyrius and their backstory?

I find them immensely interesting and adorable, elves have to have long backstories due to age as well.

4. - Top - End - #1924

Eh, not really. I think that we know so little about Inky that it wouldn't feel like it was giving us any extra insight (compared to Therka's story, which felt like it actually really did flesh out an already rich character).

I think that a young (pre-lich, pre-redcloak) Xykon would actually be very interesting as a choice, however.
    !

5. - Top - End - #1925
    Ogre in the Playground

Meh, I had enough of Xykon in Start of Darkness, personally. I would definitely have enjoyed a story about Inkyrius. Maybe with the kids while V is away, or something about how they met, or their relationship before they were married.

This being said, I'm happy with the choices people have made for the PDFs.

6. - Top - End - #1926
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    Meh, I had enough of Xykon in Start of Darkness, personally. I would definitely have enjoyed a story about Inkyrius. Maybe with the kids while V is away, or something about how they met, or their relationship before they were married.

This being said, I'm happy with the choices people have made for the PDFs.
    Now I'm picturing some sort of Cat in the Hat parody featuring V's and Inky's children.

7. - Top - End - #1927

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    Now I'm picturing some sort of Cat in the Hat parody featuring V's and Inky's children.
    Starring Mr Scruffy? With Blackwing playing the fish?

Or rename it The Bat in the Hat and have Durkula as the title character... he'd have to borrow a hat from one of the gnomes, unless he happened to visit Hats and More during the shopping trip...

So who gets to play Thing 1 and Thing 2?
    Curated Thread: Gazetteer of the Stick

8. - Top - End - #1928
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by dtilque View Post
    Starring Mr Scruffy? With Blackwing playing the fish?

Or rename it The Bat in the Hat and have Durkula as the title character... he'd have to borrow a hat from one of the gnomes, unless he happened to visit Hats and More during the shopping trip...

So who gets to play Thing 1 and Thing 2?
    Blackwing and Mr. Scruffy? Or perhaps Yekyek and Yakyak?
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

9. - Top - End - #1929
    Ettin in the Playground

Thog 1 and Thog 2.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

10. - Top - End - #1930

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowscale View Post
    Not sure if this should go here. I'm curious, would anyone else had been interested if one of the pdfs were on Inkyrius and their backstory?

I find them immensely interesting and adorable, elves have to have long backstories due to age as well.
    Yes! If I'd been one of the story backers, a story about Inky would have been my choice. They are my favourite secondary (tertiary?) character. I mean, the Therkla story was great, the Belkar story okay and I guess the CPPD story will be nice as well, I just don't find any of these characters that interesting. Way less interesting than Inky, at least.
    You can call me Juniper. Please use gender-neutral pronouns (ze/hir (preferred) or they/them) when referring to me.

"We all are vessels of our brokenness, we carry it inside us like water, careful not to spill. And what is wholeness if not brokenness encompassed in acceptance, the warmth of its power a shield against those who would hurt us?" - R. Lemberg, Geometries of Belonging

Stories Art

11. - Top - End - #1931
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

New wallpaper is up, in case anyone here doesn't get email notifications.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

12. - Top - End - #1932
    Ettin in the Playground

Giant,

Is there a plan for a 2016 OotS Calendar? My wife wants to know if we can avoid another "Puppy and Kitten" year in our family, and feels The Order of the Stick is much to be preferred.

Many Thanks! (And really hoping!)
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

13. - Top - End - #1933
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Giant,

Is there a plan for a 2016 OotS Calendar? My wife wants to know if we can avoid another "Puppy and Kitten" year in our family, and feels The Order of the Stick is much to be preferred.

Many Thanks! (And really hoping!)
    The previous calendar hinted to a villain-centered calendar for this year. Well, technically, next year.

14. - Top - End - #1934
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

A thread for the new villain calendar is up now, stickied at the top of the forum page.

I'm going to temporarily de-sticky this thread since conversation has pretty much died and we're sort of drowning in stickies. If there's a topic that you need to discuss you can still post it here, or start a new thread when the time comes.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

15. - Top - End - #1935
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I was just printing out a page of Kobolds to use in a D&D game, and I was wondering if the Autumn and Winter "Monster for Every Season" packs ever came out.

I love using these when I have a game, especially now that I'm playing a game with my kids and keep the tone more light-hearted.

Thanks for any info!

16. - Top - End - #1936

Not yet, no. If you log into your kickstarter page, you can see his latest update with the listing of what is and isn't done and where it is in production. The first is conception, then planning, then the green bubbles are creating it, I believe.

17. - Top - End - #1937

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyKris View Post
    Not yet, no. If you log into your kickstarter page, you can see his latest update with the listing of what is and isn't done and where it is in production. The first is conception, then planning, then the green bubbles are creating it, I believe.
    I believe Rich said in his latest update he was trying to draw one Monster for Every Season monster a day, as a sort of warm-up.

18. - Top - End - #1938
    Ogre in the Playground

To all Kickstarter donors: Note The Giant's comments here, and beware of scammers.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...?481414-Fakery!
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

19. - Top - End - #1939
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

hey, since someone already resurrected this thread, I will need giant scorpions for my next adventure, but i can''t find them in the AMFES. did i miss them, or they are really not there?
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

20. - Top - End - #1940
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King of Nowere View Post
    hey, since someone already resurrected this thread, I will need giant scorpions for my next adventure, but i can''t find them in the AMFES. did i miss them, or they are really not there?
    Since the PDFs are even searchable with text I am rather confidant in saying "Yes there aren't there (in Spring/Summer)". Maybe we will see some in the other installments.

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

21. - Top - End - #1941

Yeah, I looked through them and there aren't any.

22. - Top - End - #1942
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

is there any way to make slight modifications to some pictures from "a monster for every season"?

I'll explain my conundrum. One of my player will have his 18th birthday in a couple months. And I know he likes to massacre things with his character. So I was planning to separate him from the rest of the party, have him find a weapon made to exterminate large numbers of weak foes (gives cleave; if one already has cleave - which is the case here - gives great cleave; every time you kill an opponent, heals 1d4 hp) and then throw 180 goblins at him, while revealing a sign saying "happy birthday". I'm going to print them all and let them stay on the ground when they are killed, to form a massive pile of corpses.
    Well, I thought it would be nice if one in then of those goblins also had a candle on them :)
    Last edited by King of Nowhere; 2016-04-03 at 04:16 PM.
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

23. - Top - End - #1943
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King of Nowere View Post
    is there any way to make slight modifications to some pictures from "a monster for every season"?

I'll explain my conundrum. One of my player will have his 18th birthday in a couple months. And I know he likes to massacre things with his character. So I was planning to separate him from the rest of the party, have him find a weapon made to exterminate large numbers of weak foes (gives cleave; if one already has cleave - which is the case here - gives great cleave; every time you kill an opponent, heals 1d4 hp) and then throw 180 goblins at him, while revealing a sign saying "happy birthday". I'm going to print them all and let them stay on the ground when they are killed, to form a massive pile of corpses.
    Well, I thought it would be nice if one in then of those goblins also had a candle on them :)
    You could draw a picture of a candle and glue it to the goblin.

24. - Top - End - #1944

Your best bet, unless you have a PDF editor or the ability to convert it into an image file, would be to just screen shot the page and load it in an image editing program to manipulate.

25. - Top - End - #1945
    Pixie in the Playground

One wonders if updates are yearly now.

I for one feel slightly dissatisfied with the lack of pdfs which were the main reason I backed this.

26. - Top - End - #1946

I am extremely confident that we will get all the stories eventually, even if it takes a few years more. And though I'm awaiting them eagerly, the stories we've already got have been so long and so excellent that I don't see any reason to complain about the time it takes to produce them. Oh, and the monsters are great, too.
    Ares - Music and sounds system for roleplaying

27. - Top - End - #1947
    Ettin in the Playground

Woo hoo! Thanks for the awesome Monster Minis! Great stuff!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

28. - Top - End - #1948
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wow, this is an impressive collection!

The abishai are a particular favorite of mine - official art, to my mind, has always struggled with distinguishing them from other draconic humanoids, but the ones here don't have that at all. Creepy.

I'm on the lookout for easter eggs, but so far all I've found are
    Spoiler
    Show
    the "Western Hag" and flying monkey.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

29. - Top - End - #1949
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Wow, this is an impressive collection!

The abishai are a particular favorite of mine - official art, to my mind, has always struggled with distinguishing them from other draconic humanoids, but the ones here don't have that at all. Creepy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Roaches have their roachy commentary.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

30. - Top - End - #1950

Good to see the Giant continuing his pursuit of the record for Longest Time to Fulfill a Kickstarter Reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did you notice the
    Spoiler
    Show
    tin golem?
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club