Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 755
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Altair

    He bends over, groaning as he feels the effects of the ability take hold on him. He holds his stomach as he pulls himself back up straight, and smiles a little. He stumbles towards the foe, trying to muster up his strength to strike again, his hammer glowing bright as it had before. "It's been a long time....since i was back up against a wall in a fight. Are there more like you? People who can..." He groans for a moment, and continues his sentence, "Shrug off my attacks like that?" He takes a deep breath, and raises his hammer upwards, attempting to slam it downwards on the enemies head.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Imbue Psychic strike
    Standard action: Attack
    Free action: Five foot step to F6
    Swift action: None

    Attack roll (1d20+14)[20]
    Damage (2d6+11)[18]
    Psychic strike (3d8)[11]


    Ortega

    Ortega doesn't wait for Kormak's response, simply moving off after the attacker now, dropping his axe to allow it to vanish.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Kormak

    "So it seems. I can't think straight at the moment.. Altair and I rarely stay apart this long. I hope he's okay.." Kormak walks forward in a daze, going his fastest pace.

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    -- Altair --

    The nimbly takes a step back way from Altair as his feeble swing falls short from connecting.

    "Please, Noxville can kick my ass any day of the week, and that guy's a healer on the 5th continent. Can you imagi-"

    The man swiftly puts a hand to his head and for a second before taking on his battle pose again.

    "It seems I'm running low on time here. So I guess torturing you will have to wait for another time."

    The man moves through the brush as though unaffected (provoking an AoO from Altair). He then turns around and points to the ground beneath Altair's feat. Suddenly vines rise up grasping at his body, the ground around him completely hostile and unmanageable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Punk vs Altair
    - Altair's Reflex Save (DC 16): (1d20+6)[8] (Factoring Shaken and Sickened)
    - Effect: Entangled until a successful Strength or Escape Artist check vs DC 16
    - Area of Effect (as noted on the map) is considered Difficult Terrain.

    -- Other Effects from other spells and stuff --
    - (1d6)[1] nonlethal damage
    - Sickened and Shaken for 2 rounds now

    -- Kormak x Ortega --

    The Archer seems to be a lot faster than the armor clad duo and quickly escapes their sight entirely.

    We'll get back to them in a moment.
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Altair

    Swinging at the man as he tries to escape, he calls out after him. "Then i guess i'll enjoy when i get to put the hurt on him, won't i? Tell this to your Noxville. Altair, of the noble house Debon, will be coming for him. And when i get to him, I'm gonna knock him up and down the road like he were nothing but paper." Shaking a bit as he spoke, he started trying to struggle against the vines, trying to break himself free from them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of opportunity (1d20+14)[21]
    Damage (2d6+9)[15]
    Psychic strike (3d8)[13] (Since i missed last attack)

    Strength check DC 16 (1d20+2)[17]


    As he breaks free of the vines, he watches the enemy escaping, knowing he has no chance of catching up. He yells out after the man, before he vanishes, one last question. "I demand to know your name, if only to know one of the few men to have bested me in open combat."
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-03-03 at 12:30 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    -- Altair --

    Altair does clip the man as he runs off, though not enough to stop him in his tracks.

    "Liar!"

    As he says that, he runs off towards the North East laughing the whole time.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last round of conditions
    - (1d6)[4] nonlethal (last round of damage too)
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Altair

    Altair begins to move slowly out of the range of the effect, trying to reach easier to traverse terrain. Once he does, he starts trying to make his way back to his friends, worried for their safety more than anything else.

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Ortega

    Ortega continues to lead the way in the direction the archer went, hoping not to catch up to him, but to reach the group they were heading towards in the first place.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    -- Kormak x Ortega --

    After a bit more running, they arrive unto a familiar area where the BN wagon once was, and where the Owlbear's band tent still stands. Bodies of goblins lay around the area seemingly dead, but after a checking, Kormak finds that they are all merely unconscious without the threat of further injury or death.
    The Archer musician is nowhere in sight, however the 3rd musician (the last one) seems to be sitting around on a stump overlooking the area. He spots the duo and waves towards them to come over.

    "Hey dudes! Been a while since I've seen creatures other than unconscious goblins around here. What's up?"

    -- Altair --

    It will take a while before he gets to where Kormak and Ortega are, considering what he's been through and all.
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Kormak

    He slows down to a casual walk, getting his bearings back from the run. Looking around the area, he quietly casts detect magic, and looks at the man for some form of tell that the band member is not a good guy. He wants nothing more than to crush the bad guys.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast detect magic, and sense motive check: (1d20+1)[21]

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+11)[27]


    Kormak
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kormak can tell that the man's weaponry (an apparent whip wound-up by his side) and armor are mundane in nature. He does seem to have some temporary stamina (aka temp. HP) from some spell or power or something similar active. Besides the minor buff, Kormak doesn't detect any hostile magics or powers active in the area.


    Kormak believes the man is nonthreatening and potentially a civilian like anyone else. Though he can sense some for of fighting potential due to the armor and whip.
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2012-03-04 at 06:43 PM.
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Ortega

    Ortega nods softly, waiting for the magic man to start speaking. He looked around, trying to survey the surroundings, wondering where the others were supposed to be.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check: (1d20+13)[30]

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Ortega notices a bunch on tracks moving everywhere, but pinpoints a large amount of them leading further East past a small group of trees and bushes behind the musician. He determines that whoever was around this area probably went that way.
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Ortega

    Noticing the tracks, he points them out to Kormak, and then begins to lead the way down them, ignoring the other man.

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    As the two begin passing the man, his eyes light up and a spry smile creeps up on his face.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ??? vs Kormak FCMD (20 unless otherwise changed)
    - Steal Maneuver: (1d20+18)[28]

    The man quickly unfurls his whip and strikes at Kormaks pouch of spell components, drawing it towards his open hand.

    "Hmm, I think you're forgetting something there dude."
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Kormak

    Kormak stops dead, and just turns to the man, a calm storm in his face. "I suggest you give that back. God forbid you get one of the two of us angry. To be more clear, god forbid you get ME angry." Kormak's hand charges up with a murderous glow of energy. He flinches in an attempt to scare the young musician.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Inflict Light Wounds in his hands. Intimidate check: (1d20+6)[23]

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Ortega

    Ortega moves up towards the man, as an oversized Greataxe forms in his hands, he swings it threateningly, as he closes the distance between them. "Return that to magic man. I don't want to kill you"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Expending Psionic focus to use Call weaponry for free, summoning a large size greataxe.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    "Hmm, let's see. That was Inflict Light Wounds and that other one was Call Weaponry. Pretty low level stuff if you ask me, but I guess even low level can be useful.
    I'll just set this down here okay? No need to get all short-tempered on a guy having some fun.
    "

    Though the man seems a bit shaken my the display, he doesn't act all that fearful of the duo. He puts a hand up to his head and appears to have a conversation with someone, before removing his hand and placing the pouch on the stump as he gets up.
    Accompanying the pouch is a small rabbit that was obstructed by the man when he was previously sitting down, but can plainly be seen now.

    "Hmm, you with the axe are probably some form of psionic fighter and you are probably a divine caster who requires a spell pouch. I'm also hearing word of another who can create weapons out of thin air without the need of powers or magic. Pretty interesting indeed, though you two seem quite hostile."

    The man begins walking down the path leading to where the two think everyone else has gone.
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Kormak

    "You're damn right we are." Shrugging once he knows the man is out of the way, Kormak retains the spell, and never touches Ortega. "Keep that thing handy, i don't trust this forest." Picking up his pouch, and putting it on perfectly with one hand, Kormak leads down the path the man just went down.

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Ortega

    Ortega simply follows behind, perplexed at the mans knowledge of their abilities so easily.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    As Ortega and Kormak start heading towards the next (and hopefully final) area, they hear the familiar foot steps of Altair approaching. He seems rather worn out for running to beat the Punk musician to this area, and is slightly fatigued (no actual effects, just a bit IC tired).
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Kormak

    "So glad you could finally join us. I hope you were eventful, unlike us, who scared off the two thugs that pestered us." As he talks, Kormak realizes the weariness of his group, and decides to cast the appropriate spells to fix his band of merry men.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Can I change inflict light wounds to cure light wounds without taking up two spells used?

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sure, we'll just say you intimidated the Whip Musician with CLW.
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Altair

    Altair coughs for a moment, and stands up straight, speaking clearly. "That man, he was against us. Probably with the other two thugs too. I couldn't hardly phase him in a fight. He's on a whole other level. Seems like this Noxville is his boss. Are you sure you scared them away?" He kneeled down to the ground, taking a moment to clear his mind.

    Ortega

    Ortega grunts softly, and nods to Kormak, waiting to see what he says.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Kormak

    "He was shaking by the time we were done here. So, he knows what was going on. Also, he's a bit smart. Bugger knew my spell before i used it, granted cure light wounds was simply for intimidation purposes. He also knew Ortega dead on. Seems like he could be a head figure, or a background. Either way, gather up for magic man's healing." Kormak lays his active hand on Ortega, releasing the energy onto him. For himself and Altair, he uses up two charges from his wand.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Kormak: (1d8+1)[6]
    Ortega: (1d8+9)[12]
    Altair: (1d8+1)[6]

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Altair

    "Curious. So he knows all about you two. And the guy i ran with knows about my abilities. We need to get moving. I have a feeling the ringleader is nearby." He moves forward first, allowing Ortega and Kormak to follow behind him, as they began to move in the direction they had originally been going.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    The trio advances towards the next area and arrive just out of earshot of some conversation going on. Getting closer, they can see the two musicians (recognized by Kormak and Ortega, but not Altair) having something of a small discussion, that ends with the Whip Musician breaking the Archer's bow and tossing it over his shoulder. The Archer shows no emotions and proceeds to simply walk away towards another group of people the trio don't recognize at all.
    A person in dark robes is sitting cross-legged with a woman in the its lap. The woman appears to be an unconscious Marisa wearing a duelist's outfit with a rapier clutched in her left hand. A man, slightly taller than Ortega, stands above the dark robed person and is laughing maniacally.
    Though the party can't make out the man's words, they can tell by his body language that he is probably saying something along the lines of "I win! Muhahahaha!" or something similar. He then turns around suddenly, looking the trio straight in the eyes, before walking off and vanishing in a sudden flash of light.
    The dark robed character looks towards the group with a very uninterested expression on his (or her's?) face. It is pretty difficult to tell the sex of the black robed character, and thinking back, the musicians never actually said if this person (who is probably Noxville) was a man or a woman. Just that Noxville was an Elan.
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Kormak

    Kormak places a hand on his closest friend, Altair, and places the spell Sacred Bond upon him. This transmutes their bracers to glow golden for a second, and return to normal. Playing it off as rays of light, Kormak opens his mouth to converse with the band of *******s. "So this is where the party's at, huh? Glad to see our invitation was swiftly destroyed by your hospitality. No no, don't stand up for us, we'll make this pretty quick. State why you attacked everyone, including in that, why you abducted Marisa. And secondly, give her back to us, without a scratch on her, both physically or mentally. Then, be on your merry little way, before we have to go ape on you all. And that's NOT gonna be fun.... for you." Kormak steadies up on the threats, hoping not to scare them too bad.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Sacred Bond. Intimidate Check: (1d20+6)[18]

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    meemaas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Altair

    Feeling the spell envelop him, he steps forward, looking back and forth. Focusing his gaze on the one in the black robes, he holds out his hands, a number of spikes forming upon his knuckles. He focuses for a moment, stepping towards the one in black, as both of his so called weapons, begin to glow with his own energy. "So, you are the one they call Noxville? You fit the description your little...buddy, gave me. Get up here. Show me what you can do. Give me a taste of the fifth continent's strength!!!!" As he does, he reaches about the edge of the limit of his friends spell, knowing full well what it was by heart.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Since combat hasn't started yet, i created my Mind Blade in a piercing knuckles form. Why? Because i want to XD. I've also imbued my Psychic strike, and i'm already Psionically focused from earlier.


    Ortega

    Ortega brandishes his weapon, following the other's lead. He keeps closer to Kormak than Altair though, as he does better as such. He turns and nods to Kormak, and then focuses his attention on the two thugs the two of them had to deal with before.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Savior's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    Kormak

    Sighing, but understanding his friend's need to fight, Kormak follows suit, and cuts his distance from his friend in half, wanting a good view for the fight.

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chained Birds's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ☢CAUTION☢
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A tale of two Friends[PF]

    For some reason, Altair's blade doesn't form. Seems something might be wrong with his powers or something.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ortega: (1d20+10)[20]
    Altair: (1d20+7)[12]
    Kormak: (1d20+1)[7]

    Ortega questions why Altair can't form his weapon but is uncertain as to why.

    The person in Black seems to simple stroke Marisa's hair with some amusement before speaking,

    "I see. Well I'm not really the fighting type."

    She looks around at everyone present.

    "With Dubious's bow broken, he is completely useless and should be considered a non-combatant. This makes it 3 on 2 in our favor, perhaps you should both rethink your strategy before attempting to fight us?"
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2012-03-07 at 06:23 AM.
    Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •