New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Can I get a link to the deviantart page again? I feel a creative tickle again this week and might do a few bits and pieces over the weekend.
    #Heroes-of-GiantitP

I need to write an intro text for it. I did it when I created the group, but I guess that text was only meant for the deviantART admins. (A pity I didn't copy the text to Word...)
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

2. - Top - End - #272

Quote Originally Posted by H Birchgrove View Post
    Something gender-related I want out of my chest:

Spoiler
    Show
    When I was a kid, 5 or 6 years old, I had issues with infections in my nether parts. My mother had to, well, take care of that, and it hurt. I can almost feel the sting when I remember that episode of my life.

Anyway, once I said I wanted to be a girl, so I wouldn't have those infections (and the pain). Immediately, both my mother and my (elder) sister told me that I shouldn't want to be a girl, that girls have far worse problems with their nether parts (at least as far as hygiene goes). I'm not sure, but I think they said that boys can stand peeing as well.

I know they meant well, and they technically were right about the hygiene stuff, but it still seems so weird in hindsight. Like being a girl or wanting to be a girl would be that terrible.
    *Hugs*

I've always wondered why people tell kids that sort of thing... It's like they're saying that there's nothing good about being female (and, for that matter, that there's nothing bad about being male). :/

Spoiler
    Show
    I had some really weird problems during puberty (mostly sharp pains), but I didn't tell anyone because they were convinced that I was a hypochondriac. The few people I did tell compared it to what girls go through and implied that it couldn't have been as bad as I thought (in retrospect; WHAT THE **** did that have to do with anything!?).

More recently, my parents started taking me to a urologist for (almost certainly) unrelated reasons, but I'm never able to ask what the hell was going on because they won't let me go back alone for some reason.

The show really is hero-worship of a jerk, and rationalization of jerky behaviour. The writers really have no or little clue how the medical profession works. People skills are needed for a reason.

The earlier seasons of Scrubs were much better. Perry Cox may be a jerk too, but he's a different type of jerk, and he cares about his patients.
    Well, House does care... About whether his patients live or die. Their well-being doesn't seem to rate very high in his priorities, though. :/

I also have a suspicion that he's compulsively obsessed with biopsies.

Incidentally, there are talks about allowing single women to get insemination in Sweden, and obviously, there are men talking about how discriminating this is to men. I can understand the logic behind that, and I guess allowing single men to have surrogate mothers could be a solution to that. At the same time, it all comes down to the fact cis males can't bear children. It's *unfair*, but if you have issue with that, the only solution is to pay science and hope it will fix that mistake of Mother Parent Nature.
    Wait, even that's an issue?

...What.
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

To be honest, guys, I don't know what's meant to be so terrible there. He said "I wish I was a girl so I didn't have this problem", and they said "well actually, girls have that sort of problem even more." How is that even close to saying "being a girl or wanting to be a girl (is) terrible" or "there's nothing good about being female"?

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking for myself, I'm a huge fan of the female form.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

In fact, the formier the better.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Just to say, I feel the same way! And I honestly find it weird that most men are supposed to be able to urine next to other guys who are commenting and/or watching.
    I know, right?! I would not be okay with peeing in a urinal. I don't even like when people can hear, and I sometimes stay in the cubicle if there's only one other person, until they leave.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    So basically, barely any women will actually know when their safe days are.
    Yeah, almost anyone can work it out, by putting in a lot of time and effort. But no one knows without doing the homework. Some people have longer fertile times than others, or it happens sooner or later compared to a theoretical "perfect" 28 day cycle.

Something gender-related I want out of my chest:

Spoiler
    Show
    When I was a kid, 5 or 6 years old, I had issues with infections in my nether parts. My mother had to, well, take care of that, and it hurt. I can almost feel the sting when I remember that episode of my life.

Anyway, once I said I wanted to be a girl, so I wouldn't have those infections (and the pain). Immediately, both my mother and my (elder) sister told me that I shouldn't want to be a girl, that girls have far worse problems with their nether parts (at least as far as hygiene goes). I'm not sure, but I think they said that boys can stand peeing as well.

I know they meant well, and they technically were right about the hygiene stuff, but it still seems so weird in hindsight. Like being a girl or wanting to be a girl would be that terrible.
    That sucks. I think Serps might be right; maybe they were trying to let you know that having girl parts wouldn't actually have helped, but they came across too strong?

Also, Perry Cox is better in every way than House is.

On single women being able to get pregnantified in Sweden:
    Like H says, that's kind of just nature. People with functioning wombs (PWFW) are able to make babies. Someone else has to be involved, but only at the very start. PWFW have that function (which has its downsides too) built in, and changing the laws about it doesn't really change much. A single PWFW who wants a baby is able to make one, with some cooperation from a person with sperm. Comparing sperm donation to surrogacy is a bit of a leap, really. There's an inherent difference between donating some sperm you weren't going to be doing much with anyway, and donating the use of your body for basically a year, with all the pains and problems, and risks, and then being left to clear up the hormonal emotional problems when your body tells your brain you have a baby and your brain knows you don't. I wish we had a simple and fair system for people who want babies and can't make babies to get babies. And there are situations in which surrogacy is absolutely fine, and a beautiful thing. But it's not simple.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

According to Natalie, women also get a better class of orgasm. There's no justice in the world.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

8. - Top - End - #278

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    *Hugs*

I've always wondered why people tell kids that sort of thing... It's like they're saying that there's nothing good about being female (and, for that matter, that there's nothing bad about being male). :/

Well, I don't think they *meant* to imply that, but if I really had been trans, that would have screwed me up real good.

Spoiler
    Show
    I had some really weird problems during puberty (mostly sharp pains), but I didn't tell anyone because they were convinced that I was a hypochondriac. The few people I did tell compared it to what girls go through and implied that it couldn't have been as bad as I thought (in retrospect; WHAT THE **** did that have to do with anything!?).

More recently, my parents started taking me to a urologist for (almost certainly) unrelated reasons, but I'm never able to ask what the hell was going on because they won't let me go back alone for some reason.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That sounds awful! You mean you were never allowed to go to the urologist alone?

Well, House does care... About whether his patients live or die. Their well-being doesn't seem to rate very high in his priorities, though. :/

I also have a suspicion that he's compulsively obsessed with biopsies.
    Heh.

Good points.

Wait, even that's an issue?

...What.
    It's not that they want to be able to be pregnant, that was a failed attempt at snark from my side. (With the risk of sounding misandrist, I do think that men risk to be seen as "unneeded" as soon as human cloning is perfected. Even though cloning is worse than inbreeding as far as genetic diversity goes, but hey, maybe science will solve that issue too... )

It's more that they (Men's Rights Activists/Champions/Pundits) note that single women may get to be legally able to bear and give birth to children without having a male partner (here in Sweden), and they respond with either 1) fathers are *always* needed in families, or 2) single men should be able to get (biologically related) children without having a female partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    To be honest, guys, I don't know what's meant to be so terrible there. He said "I wish I was a girl so I didn't have this problem", and they said "well actually, girls have that sort of problem even more." How is that even close to saying "being a girl or wanting to be a girl (is) terrible" or "there's nothing good about being female"?
    Sure, I know that was their intention. I'm also pretty sure my mother felt it was needed to make me secure in my male gender role, since my father was often working abroad when I was a kid. I guess I should ask my mother some time how she would have reacted if I *was* a girl (in a boy body).

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Speaking for myself, I'm a huge fan of the female form.
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

You know a movement is committed when they start demanding a re-write of the laws of human biology.

― Tim Fargo

10. - Top - End - #280
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

RE: Female bits v Male bits

From experience, Female bits go wrong more often than male bits. Really annoying. And they're out of action for a week every month. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Female bits are not fun at times.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

11. - Top - End - #281

Relevant.

I've actually been wondering what LGBT people think of that particular sketch...

12. - Top - End - #282
    Firbolg in the Playground

*Hugs*

In response to parenthetical statement: Personally I've never had any problems with being male-bodied. I think it's pretty swell. No periods, naturally more muscular body. Cissexuality just ties the ribbon on it.
    Now, if I were a girl, being male-bodied would be poopy.

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    I know, right?! I would not be okay with peeing in a urinal. I don't even like when people can hear, and I sometimes stay in the cubicle if there's only one other person, until they leave.
    Here's a surprise: I do that too!

On single women being able to get pregnantified in Sweden:
    Like H says, that's kind of just nature. People with functioning wombs (PWFW) are able to make babies. Someone else has to be involved, but only at the very start. PWFW have that function (which has its downsides too) built in, and changing the laws about it doesn't really change much. A single PWFW who wants a baby is able to make one, with some cooperation from a person with sperm. Comparing sperm donation to surrogacy is a bit of a leap, really. There's an inherent difference between donating some sperm you weren't going to be doing much with anyway, and donating the use of your body for basically a year, with all the pains and problems, and risks, and then being left to clear up the hormonal emotional problems when your body tells your brain you have a baby and your brain knows you don't. I wish we had a simple and fair system for people who want babies and can't make babies to get babies. And there are situations in which surrogacy is absolutely fine, and a beautiful thing. But it's not simple.
    Can't we just synthesize (X-chromosome) sperm yet? Then we could just get rid of the cismen and not have this argument.
    Random spelling point and pseudo-religious-pseudo-philosophy-mostly-just-disrupting-class-for-fun spoilered because off-topic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Weird, "synthesize" is one that I spell like an American. Most other "-ise" words get the "s". This occurred to me during Cell Bio a little while ago, in between taking notes and using sliding-clamp proteins as proof that either there is no God or that he's a wily old man who leaves red herrings around to disguise his existence. In other words, pointlessly slowing down class for fun just like I used to in high school.)

Alternatively, we could invent artificial wombs, and synthesize eggs, and then single men could make babies.
    Or we could do both but just skip the "getting rid of cismen" step.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Relevant.

I've actually been wondering what LGBT people think of that particular sketch...
    I remember that scene. I thought that--was her name Loretta? I'm too lazy to watch the sketch again--Stan's friends took it remarkably well for two thousand years ago.
    Jude P.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    What is it, a competition on who suffers the most, so that we can decide who deserves the compassion?
    On the completely opposite side, my periods haven't been kind to me pain-wise, and still aren't, but few women in my acquaintances seemed to understand how bad it is, or why I wanted to get rid of it. Huh, because it hurts, that I have no intention to be fertile now (or at any point in the future for what it's worth), and that I could do without bleeding? It was particularly bad in college; if people were much more mature than in school, they were however much more self-centered or dumb in many ways.
    And I wish gynecologists were allowed to treat seriously their patients who are pretty sure they don't want to be pregnant. I was looking for a more reliable solution than the pill to get rid of my periods (as I tend to forget to take the damn things), but couldn't suggest me anything else. It's been over two years since I saw one; I should try again soon, even though I'm not quite sexually active. Maybe even they'll suggest me a more desirable treatment if I tell them I have a boyfriend. No need to tell them he's FtM and can't get me pregnant, it should be none of their business in a disease-unrelated case.

On the House tangent:
    Hey, I like this show.
    The thing though is that I acknowledge he's a [REDACTED], that he would make a terrible doctor in real life, and that he wouldn't last very long.
    I appreciate him because he's the incarnation of a fantasy I like: the doctor who tells off the insufferable patients and denounces their lies. It doesn't help that my boyfriend and most of our common friends are medicine students and have their own stories of human stupidity.
    I'm rather misanthropic myself and see probably more stupidity and selfishness than there actually is. So, when I'm watching the show, I allow myself to switch off my empathy and take a short holidays from normal social life.
    Again, I'm not saying he's right to treat his patients the way it does. But it's entertaining me, and afterward, I can go back and actually think about the implications.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Which reminds me of the older episode with a teen model who, to state things simply, was a pathetic excuse for a human being; turned out she was - genetically and biologically - male but her problems were caused by the same condition that prevented her from developing male physical characteristics. She, of course, didn't take the news well.
    Does anyone here believe that, similarly to the asexuals episode mentioned earlier, this episode was insulting toward trans*, intersex people, or any other LGBT category?
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't really understand. Isn't the stall privacy enough? I've comfortably done my business with a girl in the next stall. I respect that it's uncomfortable for you, but I don't really get why.
    I... guess you haven't run into the kinds of stalls I've run into, where the gap between the door and the wall-thingy is SO HUGE that even at a passing glance, anyone who comes by can see you all naked. I've had to ask people to come in to the bathroom with me just so that they may stand in front of that gap and actually give me privacy. Worst still is this... tendency... people have of looking in to see if the stall is occupied. *shudder*

I feel uncomfortable with straight men or lesbians in that vulnerable position. There are more straight men than lesbians, so I'll take gender-separated bathrooms until people consistently build bathrooms with actual privacy. I don't really fear that either of these groups would actually assault me, but it's just a different kind of privacy, you know? It just feels kind of morbid to have even a possible display of the bits other people are sexually interested in in a place such as a bathroom. Makes me feel more vulnerable and I just don't like it.

For bathrooms with actual privacy (like train bathrooms, which are single-person bathrooms), I'm quite okay with it being gender-neutral. But public bathroom stalls are, more often than not, NOT truly private. I have had nightmares about that kind of bathroom. I'll take what emotional safety I can be given and gender-separated bathrooms is a simple thing that gives me the most emotional safety.

That said, I'd be perfectly okay with a (straight) transwoman in the bathroom, whatever stage of her metamorphosis into her true self she's at. And also I'd be quite okay with a gay man in the bathroom, though dunno if he'd necessarily feel quite okay with me in the bathroom.

I know, this may sound pretty iffy. But keep in mind, I have grown up in a very, very conservative country.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    House tends to be pretty iffy. :<
    Spoiler
    Show
    Iffy is an understatement. I am quite tired of the psychopathic doctor that is always, always right. Even the bad things that happen to him are because he wanted them, as sort of self-punishing. And whatever he does, even when it comes to meddling with other people's lives... obviously he knows better than they do and whatever horrible thing he does to meddle with them... he's "trying to save" them (and often he's "right"). That last bit was even said by one of the characters after his meddling "You're trying to save me!". What. By meddling into their affairs? I had ONE friendship like that once (... maybe two?), and they didn't meddle in my life as much as House meddles in the life of others. Guess what it's called. ABUSIVE FRIENDSHIP. I am watching the show in its last season cos I already watched all of it till now anyways, and I quite want to see what happens with the other doctors (mainly Chase, Taub and Park). I also am hoping that House gets the ending he deserves and has been cultivating throughout the years of the show.
    Last edited by bluewind95; 2012-02-29 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Forgot to add one thing.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
    I... guess you haven't run into the kinds of stalls I've run into, where the gap between the door and the wall-thingy is SO HUGE that even at a passing glance, anyone who comes by can see you all naked. I've had to ask people to come in to the bathroom with me just so that they may stand in front of that gap and actually give me privacy. Worst still is this... tendency... people have of looking in to see if the stall is occupied. *shudder*
    How I deal with this: preemptive glare through that little gap. =P
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Ooh. Feel better! *hugs*

And get kneesocks! I like kneesocks with skirts much better than skirts and bare legs or skirts and leggings/tights.
    Thank you.

*Hugs!* :<
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've been meaning to say... I think you're beautiful. Gah, I'm still afraid to say that sort of thing after last year...
    Aww, thank you.
    (What happened? )

Gah, I knew I'd regret not looking into fashion earlier. :O

I've always thought that kneesocks looked better than stockings for some reason. Arm-warmers are neat, too.
    Hm hm, I'm just not sure what to top it off with.

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't do that again!

I'm so sorry you have to live through that.

*Hugs*
    I've just been feeling really bad since the weekend. I'm a bit betterish right now, but still.... Ugghhh, I thought finally going to my therapist again would cheer me up again, and it did for the rest of the day, but now I'm feeling more blegh than I have in at least a month. I think visiting my godchild and niece made it worse, hearing them adress me with boy name and such just hurts even more, and it's not like they can help it or even know but it still stings so hard. :(

For bathrooms with actual privacy (like train bathrooms, which are single-person bathrooms), I'm quite okay with it being gender-neutral. But public bathroom stalls are, more often than not, NOT truly private. I have had nightmares about that kind of bathroom. I'll take what emotional safety I can be given and gender-separated bathrooms is a simple thing that gives me the most emotional safety.
    Oh, definitely. I'm hugely uncomfortable in the men's bathrooms too mostly and I use the stalls but they still have huge gaps. (Why? D:) Just closed-off, single stalls would be best.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-02-29 at 03:08 PM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

I don't think I have ever seen such gabs in public restrooms, but I do only ever use the ones at the movie theatre and school. How peculiar.

On the topic itself, I favour unisex restrooms as well. I might be uncomfortable if I had to walk into one with urinals, but otherwise I see no difference between sitting in a stall next to one with a female, male, intersex or extradimensional person. Best would probably be separate rooms for each stall, though. That way nobody is uncomfortable.

I am also in favour of elephants in pink tutus supervising the washing of hands, it's the best of both worlds! :3

But enough of me being a boring little scatterbrain!

*Glomps Astrella*

I am sure you will be feeling much better later, especially if seeing a therapist cheers you up! Seeing a psychiatrist (Who only diagnosed Asberger's, completely missing my lack of sanity X3) made me feel happier even if I found it a nuissance!

I don't know if you can do much about children calling you by the wrong name, but you could try doing what you can to help them learn about gender and identity. Would that be a positive? I am quite poor at cheering people up. ^_^'

Also, arm-warmers are indeed peach*, but they seem to hide from me. >_>

*I like peaches, so it's a good thing!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    On the topic itself, I favour unisex restrooms as well. I might be uncomfortable if I had to walk into one with urinals, but otherwise I see no difference between sitting in a stall next to one with a female, male, intersex or extradimensional person. Best would probably be separate rooms for each stall, though. That way nobody is uncomfortable.
    I would be uncomfortable if an extradimensional person was in the stall next to me. After all, they could see me from all sides at once despite the privacy of a stall, and if they wanted, they could extract my organs without puncturing my skin!
    Last edited by Nix Nihila; 2012-02-29 at 04:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Firbolg in the Playground

I feel uncomfortable with straight men or lesbians in that vulnerable position. There are more straight men than lesbians, so I'll take gender-separated bathrooms until people consistently build bathrooms with actual privacy. I don't really fear that either of these groups would actually assault me, but it's just a different kind of privacy, you know? It just feels kind of morbid to have even a possible display of the bits other people are sexually interested in in a place such as a bathroom. Makes me feel more vulnerable and I just don't like it.

That said, I'd be perfectly okay with a (straight) transwoman in the bathroom, whatever stage of her metamorphosis into her true self she's at. And also I'd be quite okay with a gay man in the bathroom, though dunno if he'd necessarily feel quite okay with me in the bathroom.

I know, this may sound pretty iffy. But keep in mind, I have grown up in a very, very conservative country.

Spoiler
    Show
    Iffy is an understatement. I am quite tired of the psychopathic doctor that is always, always right. Even the bad things that happen to him are because he wanted them, as sort of self-punishing. And whatever he does, even when it comes to meddling with other people's lives... obviously he knows better than they do and whatever horrible thing he does to meddle with them... he's "trying to save" them (and often he's "right"). That last bit was even said by one of the characters after his meddling "You're trying to save me!". What. By meddling into their affairs? I had ONE friendship like that once (... maybe two?), and they didn't meddle in my life as much as House meddles in the life of others. Guess what it's called. ABUSIVE FRIENDSHIP. I am watching the show in its last season cos I already watched all of it till now anyways, and I quite want to see what happens with the other doctors (mainly Chase, Taub and Park). I also am hoping that House gets the ending he deserves and has been cultivating throughout the years of the show.
    The stalls I'm used to do have a bit of a gap there, but it's not that wide, and I often find it difficult to even tell if somebody's inside or not based on just walking past the stall, let alone actually seeing them. I'd have to stand right up in front and peek through to properly see the people inside. What I do is glance under the stalls for feet.
    I have occasionally been in restrooms with really poorly designed stalls, and in those cases the gap was wider. But in general it's not wide enough to see anything without getting right up against the stall and peeking in.

What we ought to have, instead of these cheap, crappy stalls, is proper doors and walls that reach the floor. (Like I see in manga all the time.) And they should all be equipped with those handy locks that train and airplane restrooms have that show red when they're occupied.

When I become rich, I will reform bathrooms everywhere!
    Jude P.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    According to Natalie, women also get a better class of orgasm. There's no justice in the world.
    Really? I hear women can have multiple orgasms. I didn't know they got "better" orgasms. Could it be possible that Natalie's woman-orgasms are better than her man-orgasms because she's a woman?

Here's a surprise: I do that too!
    I am so shocked right now.

Aaaaaaaargh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Nihila View Post
    I would be uncomfortable if an extradimensional person was in the stall next to me. After all, they could see me from all sides at once despite the privacy of a stall, and if they wanted, they could extract my organs without puncturing my skin!
    AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    Really? I hear women can have multiple orgasms. I didn't know they got "better" orgasms. Could it be possible that Natalie's woman-orgasms are better than her man-orgasms because she's a woman?
    I'm suspecting that has a lot to do with it, although oxytocin is known to be involved in the orgasm response, and estrogen can potentiate the effects of oxytocin. So it's not implausible by any means.

― Tim Fargo

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Single-sex restrooms have their uses in some settings; obviously in a more public setting like a mall or movie theater or the like unisex bathrooms would probably work out fine, but making them the rule rather than the exception could cause problems. In the dorms at my university, for instance, each floor has one restroom for males and one for females, each with four showers and six stalls (in the men's room, at least; I'd assume the women's room would have more stalls in place of urinals). As someone mentioned earlier, the lines for men's rooms tend to be much shorter than women's rooms--in this case both for the stalls and the showers, even though there are many more males than females in most dorms--so from a purely selfish perspective the guys on the floor likely wouldn't want to share with the girls. Also, this being a college setting, I doubt people would be mature enough to handle that much mixing of the sexes; many of the guys in my dorm freshman year were still in the "see girl, stare at chest, make lewd comments, find new girl, repeat" stage of male/female relations, so I don't see a unisex bathroom turning out well at all there.

Finally, and most importantly: To save time in the morning before classes, most of the guys in my dorm would just roll out of bed in their boxers and stand around in the bathroom slowly waking up while they waited for a shower stall to become available. They wouldn't do this if there were any girls in the bathroom. You wouldn't be so mean as to deny me and other gay guys the lovely view, would you?

-------------------------------

Off topic, an update on my situation (recap: met boyfriend "J", neither set of parents know about us being gay, J was unexpectedly outed to brother "R" on Valentine's Day, R threatened to tell parents, hasn't returned J's calls since):
    Spoiler
    Show
    J got a hold of R yesterday evening after two weeks of the silent treatment and was finally able to have a calm, rational conversation about it. Fortunately, R hadn't said anything to the parents yet; he had just kinda freaked out to find out that his frat-boy, womanizing, sports-loving brother had turned out to be gay, defying all the stereotypes ("The gays! They're everywhere!"), and after hanging up he felt bad enough about the reaction that he decided not to tell the parents immediately. Apparently, over the past two weeks R had gone to a few parties at his own fraternity where his friends had made a bunch of homophobic remarks as usual, and when his first internal reaction this time wasn't "Yeah, ha ha, gay jokes are funny!" but rather "Hey, that's my brother you're insulting!" he had a major wake-up call.

R still doesn't want to talk to J about it since he still finds it really awkward, and he's made J promise not to tell any of their mutual friends about "the gay thing" so it doesn't reflect badly on R , and he still made a few homophobic remarks during the conversation (no one insults R's brother but him, apparently), but...on the whole it seems like things turned out okay-ish. Two steps forward, 1.5 steps back, I guess?
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes you might find you get what you need.

― Tim Fargo

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Single-sex restrooms have their uses in some settings; obviously in a more public setting like a mall or movie theater or the like unisex bathrooms would probably work out fine, but making them the rule rather than the exception could cause problems.
    Actually, such public places as malls or the like is *exactly* where I've found the nightmare stalls I was talking about.

The last god-awful one I saw was at a restaurant. I was having a bad pain day so I wanted to use the handicapped stall. But noooo. The gap was straight-on towards the toilet. I had to use another stall and still the gap was huge and still fairly towards the toilet, so I had to ask my mother to please stand in front of it and give me some privacy that way.

25. - Top - End - #295

As I mentioned, my residential college at uni had unisex bathrooms - no urinals, mind (and the whole place was evenly distributed sex-wise). I know of no problems or issues with it, and in fact I seem to recall a number of young men cleaning their teeth in their boxer shorts (don't remember anyone having a problem with that, either ). I'm quite certain we had as many terribly immature people as anywhere else, but there were never any issues.

Now, on the other hand, I must admit that if I went to, say, one of the colleges that my sister told me "go there if you wanna get date-raped", I may well be less happy with unisex bathrooms. But, on the other other hand, I didn't go there for exactly that reputation...

For the record, I hate those big-gapped bathrooms too. But that's an issue independent of whether bathrooms are unisex or divided, which ought to be fixed regardless.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2012-02-29 at 05:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

I am confused. I have no idea what my gender identity is doing.

The soul searing wrongness of my body has faded, I can bear being in my own skin again. That only lasted a couple of days. On the other hand, I'm wearing women's clothing around pretty much all the time now, and wearing a bra more often than not. Ye gods, that sentence felt weird to type.

I'm not asking people to change pronoun use, nor am I trying to change my name. I'm working half-heartedly on my voice, but it's still definitely masculine, and my only concern about that is in the dissonance between visual and aural cues.

And yet, when I just saw the post in RB about more males having female avatars than vice versa, my reaction was "I hope he's not including me as one of them". So I am thoroughly confused. My mind is a mystery even to me.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post

The soul searing wrongness of my body has faded, I can bear being in my own skin again. That only lasted a couple of days. On the other hand, I'm wearing women's clothing around pretty much all the time now, and wearing a bra more often than not. Ye gods, that sentence felt weird to type.

I'm not asking people to change pronoun use, nor am I trying to change my name. I'm working half-heartedly on my voice, but it's still definitely masculine, and my only concern about that is in the dissonance between visual and aural cues.

And yet, when I just saw the post in RB about more males having female avatars than vice versa, my reaction was "I hope he's not including me as one of them". So I am thoroughly confused. My mind is a mystery even to me.
    You are going through the exact same thing I've been feeling for weeks now. It's in check when I'm around her, but it's erratic otherwise.

My end thoughts are, I know I will regret making such a drastic change, as I can't handle social situations already. What are my parents to think? What are my friends, and my teachers, and my peers going to think?

What will I think of myself?

I just can't handle that anxiety yet, so I've chosen to, in a simple way of putting it, 'stick with what I've got'.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm against unisex bathrooms purely because they would lack urinals and you can fit more urinals then stalls in the same area meaning more people can do their buisness at the same time and thus lines move faster. It's selfish but meh I like my bathrooms having short lines.

In other news I may or may not have discovered a new alkaloid by accident. I'll hopefully know in around 2-3 years.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-02-29 at 05:48 PM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post

However the coin of your gender lands, never forget how awesome you are.

30. - Top - End - #300

Spoiler
    Show
    That sounds awful! You mean you were never allowed to go to the urologist alone?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've... Also only been there two or three times (and then in the last two or so years). They found trace amounts of blood in my urine two checkups running, so I got referred to a urologist in St. Louis.

It stopped happening after a visit or two, but at one point they found something... Off. My dad insisted to go back with me beforehand for some reason, so I wasn't able to explain the symptoms I've noticed... Or tell them that the antibiotics didn't do anything during the next visit.

Also, I had no dentist for about a decade. That tooth turned out to be a baby tooth, but it still managed to hollow out before it broke in half (it turned out to have about enough tissue left in it to fit on the head of a pen). Stole a couple of dollars in quarters to make up the difference.

I'm surrounded by fools, I tell you...

It's not that they want to be able to be pregnant, that was a failed attempt at snark from my side. (With the risk of sounding misandrist, I do think that men risk to be seen as "unneeded" as soon as human cloning is perfected. Even though cloning is worse than inbreeding as far as genetic diversity goes, but hey, maybe science will solve that issue too... )

It's more that they (Men's Rights Activists/Champions/Pundits) note that single women may get to be legally able to bear and give birth to children without having a male partner (here in Sweden), and they respond with either 1) fathers are *always* needed in families, or 2) single men should be able to get (biologically related) children without having a female partner.
    I don't think that cloning will be cheap enough to obsolete men (at least, not in the near future)... That's really irrelevant when it comes to surrogacy, though. You'd still need men to provide the sperm, and though it'd be (remotely) conceivable for the entire sex to be subjugated into fitting that role it'd take a serious political hemorrhage to bring that about.

I think the second argument is reasonable, though. Not in the sense of denying the right to single women so much as granting it to both genders, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Which reminds me of the older episode with a teen model who, to state things simply, was a pathetic excuse for a human being; turned out she was - genetically and biologically - male but her problems were caused by the same condition that prevented her from developing male physical characteristics. She, of course, didn't take the news well.
    Does anyone here believe that, similarly to the asexuals episode mentioned earlier, this episode was insulting toward trans*, intersex people, or any other LGBT category?

Spoiler
    Show
    If I remember correctly, she was emotionally unstable and having sex with her dad. And they "cured" her by removing the genital streaks.

What. (Some more.)

Makes sense to me. That is the last place I'd want someone to check me out in.

Spoiler
    Show
    ... I just had a mental picture of all of the other doctors running out of the front door and shouting "tyranny is dead!".

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Also, arm-warmers are indeed peach*, but they seem to hide from me. >_>

*I like peaches, so it's a good thing!
    ... You win this time, kobold.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Aww, thank you.
    (What happened? )
    :3

Spoiler
    Show
    Last year was... Dark. I can't really describe more than that without writing a book... Or getting really disturbing, for that matter. :/

Hm hm, I'm just not sure what to top it off with.
    Perhaps a hat? It's hard to beat a cute hat.

I've just been feeling really bad since the weekend. I'm a bit betterish right now, but still.... Ugghhh, I thought finally going to my therapist again would cheer me up again, and it did for the rest of the day, but now I'm feeling more blegh than I have in at least a month. I think visiting my godchild and niece made it worse, hearing them adress me with boy name and such just hurts even more, and it's not like they can help it or even know but it still stings so hard. :(
    *Hugs!*

(I'm going to have to answer the rest of what I've been meaning to later...)
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~