New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    How on Earth to I tell someone that I like them?

I feel embarrassed, and I feel like I may embarrass someone else, and I feel like I may just botch the whole thing. Maybe she doesn't think I'm attractive, maybe she doesn't like guys, maybe she doesn't like me.
    Depends on how well you know her, but I'd say just go for it. If there's any chance she'll say yes she won't unless you tell her, and if there's any chance she'll say no, the result is the same as if you didn't tell her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I've expressed myself poorly indeed. I do not mean to call what you say dumb: I mean, if perceived danger of rape were the only argument against public unisex bathrooms, that would be dumb. I apologize if I offended you.

To your final question: why can't that be the solution? I answer, why fix something that isn't broken? Or more precisely why break something that works fine? Accommodating the discomfort and indeed discrimination of transgendered people in the current washroom setup is about adding an exception to the existing system, not undoing the existing system for everybody else. If some single ones can be added to the existing segregated communal bathrooms, then we're in great shape.

To others:
    Part of it, as pffh mentioned, is the excellent convenience of urinals which only really work in an all-male situation -- which by the way, conserve water compared to flush toilets.

The other part? I'm spoilering because there's just no way to politely phrase it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    - it is also the part I am having difficulty finding the words to describe. Eliminating waste is awkward, yes indeed. It is a bodily experience to the extreme, even genital; and even half-hidden in a stall the sounds and smells it produces are all body body body and evoke the genital region. Men understand one another's bodies. Women, one another's. There's a kind of sympathy I can feel laying a bomb around men because of the shared bodily experience we have, that I just could not around women. The bathroom, even beyond its functions for waste elimination, is a space of bodyness. This is what I tried to express in my reply to Nix Nihilicious. The shared bodily experience among the sexes is a fundamental subconscious bond.

I do not for a minute believe posters saying that they would be equally uncomfortable taking a crap in a stall next to the opposite sex as they would the same. I really don't.
    I have quite comfortably taken craps in stalls next to girls. I guess those were some of my good days when telling myself to shut up and get on with it worked. Other times I've felt awkward about doing my business with a girl in the next stall. Oddly I tend to have less trouble doing my business in the girls' restroom. Maybe just because it's usually a nicer environment. Less urine on the floor and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Now, a dilemma I know!
    What I can tell you is that you should just try. It is going to be worse to let go the person you love without telling them, wonder if you ever had a chance, and do the exact same mistake about the next people you like because you have the same fears.
    How do you tell someone, now?
    ... ahahahahah. *embarrassed laughter*
    In my case, my boyfriend asked me before I gathered the courage to do so. What he did was dropping a few hints over the course of the week before the day we'd planned to see each other IRL*, then asked me about that girl he liked he was going to see at the end of the week and how/when he should tell her**, and then, the day after, disregarded my advice, and texted me a message along the lines of "so I hope you understood what I was actually talking about yesterday, you can tell me you don't feel the same way, it's okay, I'm gonna be fine***". I replied that yes, I did feel the same way and just did not know how to ask him. He finally replied to insult me because I made him cry in public in his train****.
    Don't know if that helps, but that's how things went with me.

*I was oblivious and thought I was imagining hints because I was desperate. I was also stupid.
    ** I was mega-oblivious and thought there was the possibility he wasn't talking about me, so I simply replied as honestly and helpfully as possible and told him to wait until he saw her to tell her. Did I say I was stupid?
    *** No, he wasn't going to be fine at all.
    **** Insulting each other is a much more affectionate activity between us than you might think.
    You two are adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    Here, shower rooms, where they exist, are generally separate from rooms with toilets in. I am generally of the opinion that no one should ever have to shower in front of anyone else like seriously that's not okay. (I say "have to". It's obviously cool if you want to.)
    Not here. (All the dorm restrooms here are technically unisex.) I've done my business in the restroom in the girls' dorm while somebody was showering, and walked in on girls in their towels before. And once I ran into a girl coming out of the shower in my dorm, though that's an incredibly rare thing to have happen considering it's the freshman guys' dorm. Once or twice I've come out of the shower to see a girl in the restroom, though that's also uncommon. (And I always put my boxers on before coming out of the shower stall, so it's whatever.)
    I think that in the co-ed freshman dorm (which I've hardly ever been in) the restrooms are newer and have locking stall doors in front of the showers, which sounds nice.
    Personally I don't much mind showering with other people in the room, but I guess I'm used to it. Depending on how my anxiety is doing on any given day, if the restroom door opens I might startle a bit and stay on edge until the person leaves. Oh, and the showers in my dorm have nothing but a poorly-fitting curtain to keep water in and other peoples' vision out.
    (Once in a sleepaway camp with a similar shower setup some ass thought it would be funny to throw open the shower curtain while I was showering. Not sure why. That was the place where people thought I might be gay because I said I wasn't interested in girls, by the way. Anyhow, I punched the kid and continued with my shower.)

Okie dokie, I'm glad you don't think I'm dumb!

I don't think there's a special bond between female-bodied people. Everyone's different. I barely understand my own body.

Anyway, I don't think making this change would be breaking something that works. I think the current system is fairly broken. For places that have the space, sure, a female bathroom, a male bathroom and some unisex bathrooms works. But I believe the default should be unisex, not just for trans and genderfluid people (although I feel that the current catch-22 is a huge injustice to them), but also for ease of parenting (if you as a man are out with your little daughter, who is old enough to walk and comment but not quite old enough for you to feel happy sending her to the bathroom by herself, what do you do? You are getting judged like anything either way.) and caring (same goes double for if the person you're looking after is physically an adult), and hell, for those times when one member of the party is one gender, and goes into the bathroom and vanishes, and the rest of the party has to play that weird game of hanging around outside asking people going in to try check on them. And just because trans people, parents out by themselves with an other-gender child, people with other-gender carers and people who collapse in the bathroom are the minority doesn't mean we can push straight over them. So sure, in big rich places, let's have all three. But I want a society that prioritises the needs of those that are starting from a disadvantage.

Now seriously, back to that Andes essay! (Oh gosh I'm so behind...!)
    I agree with everything you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    PairO'Dice Lost: Honestly, I'd find it awkward if I found out that a pair of brothers who were both straight were able to discuss women and relationships with them without some level of awkwardness. And beyond discussing his relationship with you, what is there really to discuss between brothers about being gay?
    I've hardly talked with my little brother about relationships and stuff, but I've talked with about it with my friend who's like a brother. We have spent a lot of time talking about crazy girlfriends. (I had one, he's had three.)
    Jude P.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    How big are the bathrooms where you live that they can have corners? Around here the average mens bathroom has 1-2 stalls +3-4 urinals and the womens has 3-4 stalls.
    Well I did say it would only work for big bathrooms. Lots of places I know have bathrooms with multiple aisles.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    I think Kender makes some excellent points. I wish I could add something intelligent, but I'm just gonna follow noparlpf's example here
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post

Everyone: Hugs and kisses!
    Yay, hugs and kisses!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    I have that a lot; bit I feel ignored quite a bit often.

Well, it's more that I was feeling really down and could've used some hugs and sympathy but it sorta seemed everyone but Arachu and noparlf ignored me. :<

It still sends a very strong message of othering I think; it's still saying; everyone who doesn't fit into the system we have, you folks should go somewhere else.
    I agree! Also, hope you're not feeling ignored any more. *hugs* I think sometimes posts just get carried downstream really fast when there's a few conversations happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING IS ALL BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, SOME CONVERSATIONS WITH OTHERS AND SPECULATIONS. ALL GENERALISATIONS ARE ACKNOWLEDGED AS ALMOST CERTAINLY NOT HOLDING TRUE FOR ALL.

Honestly, if there's any change in this regard I think it'll probably be on the side of men. Because women are already terrified of pooping within earshot of others. Oh, the agony of the stalemate, where each person in adjacent cubicles is holding it in waiting for the other to finish and leave so that they might let 'er rip in private! I don't think the sex of the other people in there will make a difference, women can't poop any quieter regardless, no matter how they try. Hell, if anything, having men in there being even noisier* might actually help women to let go of this neurosis so many of us have about our bodily functions.

*I may well be falling into a stereotype trap there, though...
    I generally agree. Based on my small sample size, I think male-bodied types don't actually make more noises than female-bodied types (maybe bigger people make louder ones, so there's a statistical sex thing). I do think male-gendered types are less suppressed than female-gendered types when it comes to making body sounds/functions. "Girls don't fart", "Don't do that!", "That's rude", "Girls don't sweat", "We do that in private" VS "Ha ha farting!", "You've worked up a great sweat!". That's a general trend, not to say that individual girls are always encouraged to repress their bodies and boys are never given out to about it. It's in media and stuff as well; it's funny when Homer makes toilet sounds. Marge isn't even shown going to the toilet at all. This is part of the broader "Men are allowed do what they like but are shown as oafish, women are prim and neat but not allowed be human". It's possible that unisex toilets might help by allowing the shocking revelation that women make toilet sounds too!

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I agree with everything you just said.
    Shocker!
    Last edited by KenderWizard; 2012-03-01 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Addition.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

3. - Top - End - #333

I generally agree. Based on my small sample size, I think male-bodied types don't actually make more noises than female-bodied types (maybe bigger people make louder ones, so there's a statistical sex thing). I do think male-gendered types are less suppressed than female-gendered types when it comes to making body sounds/functions. "Girls don't fart", "Don't do that!", "That's rude", "Girls don't sweat", "We do that in private" VS "Ha ha farting!", "You've worked up a great sweat!". That's a general trend, not to say that individual girls are always encouraged to repress their bodies and boys are never given out to about it. It's in media and stuff as well; it's funny when Homer makes toilet sounds. Marge isn't even shown going to the toilet at all. This is part of the broader "Men are allowed do what they like but are shown as oafish, women are prim and neat but not allowed be human". It's possible that unisex toilets might help by allowing the shocking revelation that women make toilet sounds too!
    I'm not exactly normal, but I tend to do more of the things you just ascribed to girls. Though I will complain if I'm sweaty. Like the other day when I was out in five degree weather in a t-shirt.
    Also one of my first conversations with my ex was about peeing. The two before that were about Pokemon and Harvest Moon, and about Ryou Bakura from Yu-gi-oh!.

Shocker!
    :b
    Jude P.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING IS ALL BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, SOME CONVERSATIONS WITH OTHERS AND SPECULATIONS. ALL GENERALISATIONS ARE ACKNOWLEDGED AS ALMOST CERTAINLY NOT HOLDING TRUE FOR ALL.

Honestly, if there's any change in this regard I think it'll probably be on the side of men. Because women are already terrified of pooping within earshot of others. Oh, the agony of the stalemate, where each person in adjacent cubicles is holding it in waiting for the other to finish and leave so that they might let 'er rip in private! I don't think the sex of the other people in there will make a difference, women can't poop any quieter regardless, no matter how they try. Hell, if anything, having men in there being even noisier* might actually help women to let go of this neurosis so many of us have about our bodily functions.

*I may well be falling into a stereotype trap there, though...
    Heh heh heh.

I'm not trying to say that the men's bathroom is a place of ease either. It's not, "There's only men in here right? Okay, let 'er rip!" I hear some men desperately clenching their diaphragm in there as they try to let out a fart without making any noise. My heart sings with gladness when somebody has the courage to trumpet their visceral triumph proudly.

My point is, it's uncomfortable enough among our own sex where at least we have a shared bodily experience to sympathize from. Foreign body parts in that torture chamber is not a variable anyone needs. Anywhere else I'm all for inclusion, but these are bathrooms, dammit.

Anyways, I'm not getting the sense that those here interested in the matter are the least bit hospitable to airing my viewpoint, so I'm finished with it.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-03-01 at 11:28 AM.

5. - Top - End - #335

Again, I'm weird, but I try to do my business quietly when I'm home alone in a locked single-person bathroom with nobody within a hundred meters. Likewise, I'm cool with girl-parts. I'm just like, whatever, it's a vagina. Cool beans. Now if you'll excuse me I have to poop.
    So yeah, I'm weird.
    Jude P.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

How on Earth to I tell someone that I like them?

I feel embarrassed, and I feel like I may embarrass someone else, and I feel like I may just botch the whole thing. Maybe she doesn't think I'm attractive, maybe she doesn't like guys, maybe she doesn't like me.
    I may be a terrible source of advice on social happenings, but I do think I have a bit of pretend-wisdom for this.

Have you tried going about it slowly? Talking to them, hanging out, being friends? Jumping from not knowing whether they like you to asking them out seems like a large leap.

I could easily be misreading your relationship, so please disregard that advice if I have. ^_^'

Could strike up a conversation about crushes or past relationships, though. That could tell you if you are compatible romantically.

Spoiler
    Show
    - it is also the part I am having difficulty finding the words to describe. Eliminating waste is awkward, yes indeed. It is a bodily experience to the extreme, even genital; and even half-hidden in a stall the sounds and smells it produces are all body body body and evoke the genital region. Men understand one another's bodies. Women, one another's. There's a kind of sympathy I can feel laying a bomb around men because of the shared bodily experience we have, that I just could not around women. The bathroom, even beyond its functions for waste elimination, is a space of bodyness. This is what I tried to express in my reply to Nix Nihilicious. The shared bodily experience among the sexes is a fundamental subconscious bond.

I do not for a minute believe posters saying that they would be equally uncomfortable taking a crap in a stall next to the opposite sex as they would the same. I really don't.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My problem here is that I actually do not equate any level of uncomfortable feelings at the act itself or area. I am quite afraid of unsanitory conditions, germs and people, but not to any different degree in a bathroom than in any other public space. Nor do I experience that bond. I questioned your logic on that basis mostly, though, which is not nice. Sorry. m(_ _)m

However, I would like it if you did not dismiss that it simply is not an issue to some of us and that we might just be wired or raised different. If it is biological and natural, it still could be absent just as sexuality can.

Anyways, I'm not getting the sense that those here interested in the matter are the least bit hospitable to airing my viewpoint, so I'm finished with it.
    Sorry. ;_;

*Glomp*

Didn't intend to be mean, just questioning whether it was nurture or nature. If it was nurture, or affected by it, then we could prevent future generations from being uncomfortable!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

I don't think the words "we can still be friends" have ever felt so painful. I think ahead, too far ahead.

And all that came out of it was pain.

I feel defeated. Empty. My throat is dry, I'm trembling, and I've never been this hurt before. Quitting an addiction cold turkey is miniscule to this pain.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

8. - Top - End - #338

I don't think the words "we can still be friends" have ever felt so painful. I think ahead, too far ahead.

I feel defeated. Empty. My throat is dry, I'm trembling, and I've never been this hurt before. Quitting an addiction cold turkey is miniscule to this pain.
    Tell me about it. Cold turkey is much easier. *hugs*
    So I take it you told this girl that you like her?
    Jude P.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

I know it's not much consolation at this time, but it will eventually be alright. Losing the chance for romance hurts, but things will eventually turn around. I have millennia of experience with it, and it still hurts, but it gets easier even though it doesn't hurt less, and the payoff is well worth it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not exactly normal, but I tend to do more of the things you just ascribed to girls. Though I will complain if I'm sweaty. Like the other day when I was out in five degree weather in a t-shirt.
    Also one of my first conversations with my ex was about peeing. The two before that were about Pokemon and Harvest Moon, and about Ryou Bakura from Yu-gi-oh!.
    Ryou is an amazing character. The Bakuras are the most interesting shared-body, of the three. I never liked Yugi, although Yami is my favourite of all (what a voice!). Yami Marik is just a psycho. But the Bakuras? That's interesting stuff. Also, hot as all get-out.

Heh heh heh.

I'm not trying to say that the men's bathroom is a place of ease either. It's not, "There's only men in here right? Okay, let 'er rip!" I hear some men desperately clenching their diaphragm in there as they try to let out a fart without making any noise. My heart sings with gladness when somebody has the courage to trumpet their visceral triumph proudly.

My point is, it's uncomfortable enough among our own sex where at least we have a shared bodily experience to sympathize from. Foreign body parts in that torture chamber is not a variable anyone needs. Anywhere else I'm all for inclusion, but these are bathrooms, dammit.

No, no! Airing your view is fine. I just disagree, I don't mean to push you from the conversation. I'm glad you shared, because now I know that some people really do just feel more comfortable with only same-bodied people around. Which is way more sensible in a lot of ways than the previous arguments I've heard.

I still believe it would be overcome by an upbringing in a culture that didn't place so much emphasis on gender segregation and shaming natural functions, but that's fine, we can just disagree on that if you think it's built-in.

Hugs?

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

I still believe it would be overcome by an upbringing in a culture that didn't place so much emphasis on gender segregation and shaming natural functions.
    Are you nuts? If we can't segregate by gender then we will have to find something else to separate people by.

I for one suggest sock length. All hail the glorious medium length socks the masters of the inferior long socks and short socks (knee high socks position is still under debate)
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Tell me about it. Cold turkey is much easier. *hugs*
    So I take it you told this girl that you like her?
    Yeah, I did. After ten minutes of silence.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

So, you have certainty now.
    ... sorry that things didn't work out the way you wished.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

14. - Top - End - #344
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    Yeah, but they could do that even if you weren't in a stall.

... And there's no guarantee that you could see enough of them to know if they were around at all...
    Right. The point is that if I knew they were in the stall next to me (or anywhere near me) I would be uncomfortable. It would be rather interesting to see them morphing and changing shape as they moved though.

Sorry to hear it.

RE: Telling someone you have feelings for them.

I would much rather someone be up front about being in love with me than to have it just fester away at them, even though proclamations of love directed at me make me uncomfortable. I think it's easier to remain friends when you've been gently rejected.

Of course, there's the difficulty of knowing whether the person in question would ridicule you for having feelings for them. But you're probably better off without such people.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    I.....didn't understand a word of that.
    Am I the only one who almost never has trouble understanding what Coidzor means?
    Last edited by Nix Nihila; 2012-03-01 at 03:21 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome to the friendzone. The drink is over there, there's a large sofa to lounge on and later on we'll pull down all the curtains and listen to Pink Floyd. I find that "Animals" is the best album - there's nary a happy tone on it.

*hugs*

It happens. It gets better - after a while you stop getting your hopes up and more do it as an exercise in masochism.

(Bitter? Who, me?)

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

16. - Top - End - #346
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Last time I asked a girl out, she rejected me, turned against me, blocked all communication with me, and all of her friends started treating me like some sort of monster.

It's not always better.
    I just got laughed at by everyone who didn't ignore me. *hugs*

"Everyone here agrees"? This is the first time I've brought it up here.
    *hugs anyway*
    I know I agree. *more hugs*

Also, I think Coid's saying/tried to say something along the lines of 'you're too good for them anyway'. I hear that that's not always very consoling, but he meant well.

... Besides, it's rude to alienate people. Even if they think they had a reason, you deserve better than that.
    :/

... ahahahahah. *embarrassed laughter*
    In my case, my boyfriend asked me before I gathered the courage to do so. What he did was dropping a few hints over the course of the week before the day we'd planned to see each other IRL*, then asked me about that girl he liked he was going to see at the end of the week and how/when he should tell her**, and then, the day after, disregarded my advice, and texted me a message along the lines of "so I hope you understood what I was actually talking about yesterday, you can tell me you don't feel the same way, it's okay, I'm gonna be fine***". I replied that yes, I did feel the same way and just did not know how to ask him. He finally replied to insult me because I made him cry in public in his train****.
    Don't know if that helps, but that's how things went with me.

*I was oblivious and thought I was imagining hints because I was desperate. I was also stupid.
    ** I was mega-oblivious and thought there was the possibility he wasn't talking about me, so I simply replied as honestly and helpfully as possible and told him to wait until he saw her to tell her. Did I say I was stupid?
    *** No, he wasn't going to be fine at all.
    **** Insulting each other is a much more affectionate activity between us than you might think.
    I gotta say, that story's adorable in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    's okay. You've been a real dear.
    Thanks! n.n

I have that a lot; bit I feel ignored quite a bit often.

Well, it's more that I was feeling really down and could've used some hugs and sympathy but it sorta seemed everyone but Arachu and noparlf ignored me. :<
    I always have a moment panic if no one replies to me, in case I've done something wrong.
    I feel like that all the time! Sometimes I get headaches wondering if I'll creep people out on accident... :c

Sorry, Astrella. Nowadays, I just tend to browse the last page, and my brain only really registers a few things or subjects I can reply to. I'm not ignoring you intentionally.
    *belated hugs*
    *Hugs*

*Hugs!*

Are you nuts? If we can't segregate by gender then we will have to find something else to separate people by.

I for one suggest sock length. All hail the glorious medium length socks the masters of the inferior long socks and short socks (knee high socks position is still under debate)
    Wear your long shorts proudly, fellow nerds! Wear not the garments of the jocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Nihila View Post
    Right. The point is that if I knew they were in the stall next to me (or anywhere near me) I would be uncomfortable. It would be rather interesting to see them morphing and changing shape as they moved though.
    They may even shift about as the universe moves around them.

Er, under... Over? In them? Aside from... Them...

Am I the only one who almost never has trouble understanding what Coidzor means?
    Even I have some trouble stringing all of the words together (and that's usually my thing ), but I usually pick up on the gist of it through context.
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

17. - Top - End - #347

Ryou is an amazing character. The Bakuras are the most interesting shared-body, of the three. I never liked Yugi, although Yami is my favourite of all (what a voice!). Yami Marik is just a psycho. But the Bakuras? That's interesting stuff. Also, hot as all get-out.
    I like Yugi, he's a good kid. Yami-Yugi is definitely an excellent character. Voice is incredibly sexy. (Which dub did you watch?) But Bakura definitely got the looks.

No, no! Airing your view is fine. I just disagree, I don't mean to push you from the conversation. I'm glad you shared, because now I know that some people really do just feel more comfortable with only same-bodied people around. Which is way more sensible in a lot of ways than the previous arguments I've heard.

I still believe it would be overcome by an upbringing in a culture that didn't place so much emphasis on gender segregation and shaming natural functions, but that's fine, we can just disagree on that if you think it's built-in.
    I'm with Kender, but due to your input (and a couple of other people I've talked about it with) I would change my restroom design plan from one big unisex restroom to one big unisex restroom and two or four small one-person restrooms.

*hugs*

Welcome to the friendzone. The drink is over there, there's a large sofa to lounge on and later on we'll pull down all the curtains and listen to Pink Floyd. I find that "Animals" is the best album - there's nary a happy tone on it.

*hugs*

It happens. It gets better - after a while you stop getting your hopes up and more do it as an exercise in masochism.

(Bitter? Who, me?)
    Ooh, can I come? Pink Floyd is my favorite. What do you have to drink?
    Jude P.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Halfling in the Playground

How dare ye! Me and my long-socked brethen shall smite those with shorter leg garments than us! Bow before us, short-socked!

On a serious note, humans are bastards and will discriminate based on anything, but I feel if I give in to that kind of thinking, I've lost. We must fight human nature.
    Lovely avatar thanks to Akrim.elf!

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I like Yugi, he's a good kid. Yami-Yugi is definitely an excellent character. Voice is incredibly sexy. (Which dub did you watch?) But Bakura definitely got the looks.
    Well this is my child hood you're talking about. I love Yami/Atem, he's like the best superhero ever.

But personally I think looking back one of the earliest signs I can think of that I always have been gay, is that I thought that there was something between Richy and Ash, as well as Sparky and Pikachu. I have an extended theory that developed since then.

Richy is gay for Ash, and Ash is bi but has stronger feelings for Misty(feelings that he forgot when the producers gave him some Railroad-ium at the end of season five). This is the character I have most wanted a return for, but I only got like two episodes in Jhoto.

Also, Pikachu and Sparky are gay lovers. This explains Pikachu's shyness around Buneary in the God-awful first season of Diamond and Pearl.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

So...I walked in on my girlfriend (Yes I actually attempted a committed relationship) cheating on me (not curtains, just making out) with another guy and joined her. The dude was okay with it. She was not. Five minutes later I'm single again, loving it, and laughing my arse off.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

21. - Top - End - #351

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    Well this is my child hood you're talking about. I love Yami/Atem, he's like the best superhero ever.

But personally I think looking back one of the earliest signs I can think of that I always have been gay, is that I thought that there was something between Richy and Ash, as well as Sparky and Pikachu. I have an extended theory that developed since then.

Richy is gay for Ash, and Ash is bi but has stronger feelings for Misty(feelings that he forgot when the producers gave him some Railroad-ium at the end of season five). This is the character I have most wanted a return for, but I only got like two episodes in Jhoto.

Also, Pikachu and Sparky are gay lovers. This explains Pikachu's shyness around Buneary in the God-awful first season of Diamond and Pearl.
    Hey, that was my childhood first! Get your own. :b

I think I remember feeling that kind of vibe between Ash and Richy, but I didn't think about it much.
    As for Buneary...we used to call Lopunny "the Playboy Pokemon".

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    So...I walked in on my girlfriend (Yes I actually attempted a committed relationship) cheating on me (not curtains, just making out) with another guy and joined her. The dude was okay with it. She was not. Five minutes later I'm single again, loving it, and laughing my arse off.
    I'm not sure whether to offer hugs or to laugh. How about both?
    Jude P.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Barbarian in the Playground

That's kind of awesome! Although I'm more than a little puzzled at her reaction.

They may even shift about as the universe moves around them.

Er, under... Over? In them? Aside from... Them...
    The universe would move through cross sections of them, I think. Assuming we're talking about a universe with three spatial dimensions inside of some other space with more spatial dimensions. Although we're getting more off-topic than usual.
    Last edited by Nix Nihila; 2012-03-01 at 05:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh god I´m laughing so hard right now

Remind me to buy you a drink of your choice and hug you if I'm ever in the same part of the world as you.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

*hugs*

(Bitter? Who, me?)
    Try explaining that to me in a month or two. These feelings literally came up because I saw her.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Hey, that was my childhood first! Get your own. :b

I think I remember feeling that kind of vibe between Ash and Richy, but I didn't think about it much.
    As for Buneary...we used to call Lopunny "the Playboy Pokemon".
    This thread makes my day!
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

... I have no idea what to tell you. Honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

27. - Top - End - #357
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Doesn't Germany have unisex bathrooms in most-to-all places that have bathrooms along the style of what a north american would call a public restroom?

If that's the case you might not need to be theorizing so much. Then again, I seem to recall most European cities as being typified as having a distinct shortage of plumbing.

Oof. Sorry, mate. Why the ten minutes of dead air though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

28. - Top - End - #358
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Best response ever. I congratulate you, good sir. *salute*
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

29. - Top - End - #359

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    This thread makes my day!
    Same here, all day, every day.
    Jude P.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Banned

Try explaining that to me in a month or two. These feelings literally came up because I saw her.
    You might want to seek professional help if your feelings are that extreme...

*tentaglomps wifey*

~