New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Sooooo...I just got back from my first trip to a gay bar. The first friend I came out to had wanted to go since freshman year, but I said I'd rather wait until we could convince some other people to go with us. Well, some friends came up to visit this weekend and were wiling to join us on our adventure, so we went.

I can't really get drunk or even buzzed, so while I matched the others drink for drink for the first seven drinks, they got drunk and I just got to watch. The one straight guy with us got hit on a lot (thanks to the rest of us sending guys his way), the bi guys flirted with the bartenders, and I was dragged onto the dance floor by a fairly cute guy. Now, as far as I'm concerned, I've dumped Charisma and was rolling 1s on my Perform (Dance) checks all night (I hate hate hate being the center of attention among strangers, much less dancing, even if I'm only one of a bunch of people on the dance floor), but according to several people there I'm a great dancer and should do it more often. Either way, I graciously declined their offer of some post-bar excitement and drove my inebriated friends home.

It was certainly an interesting experience, though I don't know how soon I want to repeat it, if at all. The crowd was older and had a higher female:male ratio than I'd prefer, but there are a few other gay bars in the area we could try out next time (if there is a next time). All in all, a fun night.
    Gay bars are fun because the techno the play is never depressing. I hate depressing techno.
    Also, there are always more women than you would expect and for a pansexual (I googled it and figured it was the closest thing to what I am) it's always pretty fun to get to be the middle of the dancefloor sandwich.

Also, I know how boring it can be to always be drunk last. I have overactive enzymes and nerve damage, so when I do get drunk I tend not to notice and by the time I'm done drinking it's already over.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Sosososososososo... I just had my first kiss... And I learned that I am a damn fine dancer when it comes to shaking my butt and grinding.
    Ah, yes. Grinding. The simplest and most amusing of drunken dancing maneuvers. Now do it whilst dual wielding glow in the dark hula hoops with bisexual DJs.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    I think you still get the the alchohol through food (if those magnificent rum balls my friend's mom makes are any indication ), but you'd have to eat a lot of food to get enough to make you drunk so that point is kinda moot.

I plan to never drink enough to get me past buzzed (in public, at the very least), but I have to wonder whether I'll be able to judge my new (post-weight-loss) limit that well....

Eh, my friends'll probably hog all but a shot or two anyway.
    That is highly dependent on what kind of food it is. Those rum balls (which hilariously enough translates to a completely non-alcoholic treat in Danish :3) are most likely prepared cool and as such retain the alcohol, but a heated dish such as a stew or sauce will lose it quite quickly through evaporation.

... I need a Koboldy The More You Know logo. X3

The best alcohol-prepared dish is a Banana Foster, though. I have never had it, but anything involving burning ice cream is groovilicious in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Nai_Calus View Post
    I actually live in Louisville, but I live in the richy-conservative outlying part with my mother, alas, and my job is full of crazy bigoted born-again christians. @_x So I'm a bit closed about it here, heh. I think my D&D group has figured out I'm bi, but I think they just think I'm really butch as far as gender stuff goes.

Man I want hormones and surgery. The 'boys' are DDDs, and you can't *hide* that. Plus my periods are awful. Alas this would take things I don't have, like 'money' and 'health insurance' and 'not living with homophobic crazy mother'. >_<

On the bright side, I am 6'2, so I'm already taller than most natural boys. Combined with short hair, not being especially girly-looking and my predilection for wearing t-shirts and jeans, I get called 'sir' a lot. :P
    Sosososososososo... I just had my first kiss... And I learned that I am a damn fine dancer when it comes to shaking my butt and grinding.
    *More glomping*

Other than the D&D, that does not sound fun at all. ;_;

Have you considered moving to another part of town? I don't know much about old Louis or his cities, but I presume there are better parts than the one you are in right now.

I'm really two ducks in a man costume.
    Impossibly, my duckie, you are far too quacky for that. :MadMod:

... Great, now I can't get K2G out of my brain again. Thanks!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Would be nice if I could go back and watch from before the epilogue speechifyin'.
    Found another link. The actual play starts about half an hour in.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Lady Gaga starts Born This Way Foundation: http://bornthiswayfoundation.org/

Personally I think it's disgusting. Surely kids need to be taught to fear others, hate themselves and their sexuality and never break rank - always do what the others do. How else are they to be controlled?
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2012-03-04 at 05:10 AM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Oh my God! That's great! Now you have to tell all the details!
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Lady Gaga starts Born This Way Foundation: http://bornthiswayfoundation.org/

Personally I think it's disgusting. Surely kids need to be taught to fear others, hate themselves and their sexuality and never break rank - always do what the others do. How else are they to be controlled?
    I concour! I grew up in a paranoidly controlled environment, strictly heteronormative and shielded from anything queer, and look at how STRAIGHT I am! (Also, it totally didn't give me years of psychological distress)
    English is not my first language. Sorry! ~ Sorin, Lord of Innistrad avatar by Crimmy

____

7. - Top - End - #547
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't remember exactly what dream I had last night, but I've narrowed the context down to either 'confusing, aimless nonsense' or 'unspeakably horrifying nightmare worse than any work of fiction I've ever witnessed could ever rival even for a second'. However that went, I feel considerably... Less bad now. Still feels like I'm wearing my skeleton backwards, but not in quite as annoying a way.

Okay, that wasn't the most reassuring follow-up... Er, [tl;dr] things are better than they were last night.

Perfect additions to your nails!

Now you shall tell us everything.

Sooooo...I just got back from my first trip to a gay bar. The first friend I came out to had wanted to go since freshman year, but I said I'd rather wait until we could convince some other people to go with us. Well, some friends came up to visit this weekend and were wiling to join us on our adventure, so we went.

I can't really get drunk or even buzzed, so while I matched the others drink for drink for the first seven drinks, they got drunk and I just got to watch. The one straight guy with us got hit on a lot (thanks to the rest of us sending guys his way), the bi guys flirted with the bartenders, and I was dragged onto the dance floor by a fairly cute guy. Now, as far as I'm concerned, I've dumped Charisma and was rolling 1s on my Perform (Dance) checks all night (I hate hate hate being the center of attention among strangers, much less dancing, even if I'm only one of a bunch of people on the dance floor), but according to several people there I'm a great dancer and should do it more often. Either way, I graciously declined their offer of some post-bar excitement and drove my inebriated friends home.

It was certainly an interesting experience, though I don't know how soon I want to repeat it, if at all. The crowd was older and had a higher female:male ratio than I'd prefer, but there are a few other gay bars in the area we could try out next time (if there is a next time). All in all, a fun night.
    SO JEALOUS!

()

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    That is highly dependent on what kind of food it is. Those rum balls (which hilariously enough translates to a completely non-alcoholic treat in Danish :3) are most likely prepared cool and as such retain the alcohol, but a heated dish such as a stew or sauce will lose it quite quickly through evaporation.
    I think they were cooked at least a little bit, but even if they were they still had that slight kick to them. Either way explains why it was so important to refrigerate them.

Quote Originally Posted by dpcris85 View Post
    I concour! I grew up in a paranoidly controlled environment, strictly heteronormative and shielded from anything queer, and look at how STRAIGHT I am! (Also, it totally didn't give me years of psychological distress)
    I grew up punching everything, but now I have to figure out how to palm strike because my nails are too long. What kind of guy punches things with his wrists!?

In addition to the obvious reasons, it's funny because I'm better at those anyway. n.n
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

8. - Top - End - #548

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    Oh my God! That's great! Now you have to tell all the details!
    Alright, alright.

So um... I went to this LGBT Youth Summit and they had some cool workshops, but that is not really relevant to this discussion.

Anyways, there was like a 3 hour dance at the end, and I'm usually not into dances, because I dance like, dare I say it, a slutty girl, and a lot of straight guys don't really appreciate that especially from gay guys, and because of that I just convinced myself I could not dance because I never really had the opportunity to. But everyone here was an LGBT high school or high school-aged student, so I started shaking my butt and yeah, apparently I know how to dance. Also, I really did not know my hips could move that fast. Anyways, about half way through I saw this guy dancing with a group of people, so I kinda came up behind him and started grinding on him (I had one of the girls there teach me how to do so, like I said, I did not really know how to dance before this) and yeah, we danced for a bit, then we went out into the lobby for some air, and he asked me if I wanted to go out some time, and I was like "Yes!" And so the rest of the night we danced with each other, usually holding hands. And then he was even kind enough to walk me outside when I had to leave, which meant he had to leave like 15 minutes before the dance ended because you weren't allowed back in. But right before my parents came, he asked if I would kiss him, and I did. And ohmigod, ohmigod. I might hyperventilate or die of a heart attack or both. The only thing is, he lives in Baltimore, so while it is not TOO far away from me, it i far enough to limit our opportunities to go on dates. I'll probably take the train over one day or something like that though, and make him take me to the aquarium so we can make out in front of the fishes.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

9. - Top - End - #549

GnomeWizardGuy

I had to stop lurking just to say that is the most squee-gasm-tastic story Shiro and it sounds like a really fun night. Congrats!
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

10. - Top - End - #550

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    I had to stop lurking just to say that is the most squee-gasm-tastic story Shiro and it sounds like a really fun night. Congrats!
    True love is quite fabulous FABULOUUUUSSSS. I might have a heart attack.
    Last edited by Viera Champion; 2012-03-04 at 11:04 AM.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #551

GnomeWizardGuy

True love is quite fabulous. I might have a heart attack.
    I already did! Right after the squee-gasm. It was like "d'aaaawwwGHK HEART ATTACK" but in a good way.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

12. - Top - End - #552

So I'm kind of inviting him to my prom...
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #553

Alright, alright.

So um... I went to this LGBT Youth Summit and they had some cool workshops, but that is not really relevant to this discussion.

Anyways, there was like a 3 hour dance at the end, and I'm usually not into dances, because I dance like, dare I say it, a slutty girl, and a lot of straight guys don't really appreciate that especially from gay guys, and because of that I just convinced myself I could not dance because I never really had the opportunity to. But everyone here was an LGBT high school or high school-aged student, so I started shaking my butt and yeah, apparently I know how to dance. Also, I really did not know my hips could move that fast. Anyways, about half way through I saw this guy dancing with a group of people, so I kinda came up behind him and started grinding on him (I had one of the girls there teach me how to do so, like I said, I did not really know how to dance before this) and yeah, we danced for a bit, then we went out into the lobby for some air, and he asked me if I wanted to go out some time, and I was like "Yes!" And so the rest of the night we danced with each other, usually holding hands. And then he was even kind enough to walk me outside when I had to leave, which meant he had to leave like 15 minutes before the dance ended because you weren't allowed back in. But right before my parents came, he asked if I would kiss him, and I did. And ohmigod, ohmigod. I might hyperventilate or die of a heart attack or both. The only thing is, he lives in Baltimore, so while it is not TOO far away from me, it i far enough to limit our opportunities to go on dates. I'll probably take the train over one day or something like that though, and make him take me to the aquarium so we can make out in front of the fishes.
    :Giggling fit: Oh, this story's already brightened my day~
    Thanks for existing.

14. - Top - End - #554

Also, were gonna try to go on a date the 17th. Don't know where yet.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

Lil' Shiro - Master of Seduction!

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

Unfortunately I don't make enough to live on my own, and my credit is shot so no one would rent to me anyway, or I'd be so out of here already. :<

It's not as bad as it could be, I guess.

And man, first kisses. Those are fantastic. :) The first one period, the one that first really meant something, that warm fuzzy feeling where you really love someone else... *nostalgic sigh* I miss that. :)
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

You go, Shiro!

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

Congrats, Shiro! Hope the prom asking goes well; you'll have to tell us all about what you do for that too!

The only thing is, he lives in Baltimore, so while it is not TOO far away from me, it i far enough to limit our opportunities to go on dates. I'll probably take the train over one day or something like that though, and make him take me to the aquarium so we can make out in front of the fishes.
    Y'know, a date at the Baltimore Aquarium sounds like a great idea, I should have thought of that sooner; I also live in the DC Metro area and have been looking for someplace to take the boyfriend for Official Date #3. Thanks for the tip.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

19. - Top - End - #559

Congrats, Shiro! Hope the prom asking goes well; you'll have to tell us all about what you do for that too!

Y'know, a date at the Baltimore Aquarium sounds like a great idea, I should have thought of that sooner; I also live in the DC Metro area and have been looking for someplace to take the boyfriend for Official Date #3. Thanks for the tip.
    I'll see you there.

The Prom asking will not be very awesome. I will just ask him over phone, as we really don't get the opportunity to see each other all that often.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

I'll see you there.
    A double date would probably have to wait until the summer when I'm home.

The Prom asking will not be very awesome. I will just ask him over phone, as we really don't get the opportunity to see each other all that often.
    Aww, you're not doing anything fancy? No flowers? No confetti? No fireworks? No surprise visits? Shame.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

@Arachu martial artists do palm strikes. They are also very effective if done properly.

@Lil'Shiro SQUEEEEEEEE!!! Dude, I dance like a slutty girl too! Thank you Daddy for your Colombian salsa genes. It's fun! Dude you should so send him a bouquet of roses with a note saying to call upon getting them, then ask him. Also, fish are a very accepting community.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

22. - Top - End - #562

@Arachu martial artists do palm strikes. They are also very effective if done properly.

@Lil'Shiro SQUEEEEEEEE!!! Dude, I dance like a slutty girl too! Thank you Daddy for your Colombian salsa genes. It's fun! Dude you should so send him a bouquet of roses with a note saying to call upon getting them, then ask him. Also, fish are a very accepting community.
    I already asked, but we really haven't decided on anything, we want to go on a date first and shiz.

Besides, Roses cost money. As does prom, and tuxes. I have to keep these all in mind even though I'm 15.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #563

We could use normal Pokémon and Pokéballs, but just pull a Mystery Dungeoun and give them rainbow scarves. It'll be great. And I know exactly how to superhero with Pokémon, however I cannot draw nor do I have a DeviantArt account. But I can tell you:
    Charizard
    Swampert
    Dragonite
    Tyranitar
    Ampharos
    Gardevior

Edit: Legendaries if allowed:
    Lugia
    Mew
    Articuno
    Entai
    Celebi

Box:
    Blissey
    Heracross
    Garchomp
    Flareon
    Espeon
    Miltank
    ... I...

... have not a clue about what you're talking about... *insert appropriate Rage Comic Meme*

*Hugs*

Gah, there are so many books I haven't read... :bedhead:

Ever hear of The Dictators? I seem to have misplaced my copy (again), but it's about the similarities and differences between Stalin and Hitler (even as far back as their childhoods and psychologies). It's also probably about as heavy as my head, which is impressive considering how I can't wear normal-sized hats.
    I haven't heard of it before... I found it one an online store, and it's about 900 pages, so I can see what you mean about the weight (especially if the English edition has larger fonts = more pages). It does seem to be an interesting book.

I was at a 2nd hand store here in campus, and found Churchill's Wizards. The British Genius For Deception 1914-1945 by Nicholas Rankin. Seems to be a thrilling and entertaining read. (I also bought a book on the history of Western philosophy, Story of Philosophy by Bryan Magee, and an anthology by Oskar Andersson, one of Sweden's first cartoonists.)

I must be crazy, I still want to buy some more books from the book sale, hopefully online which is the cheapest... There are two books by Swedish authors I want to get:

Spoiler
    Show
    One is about Reinhard Heydrich, the man who was Heinrich Himmler's right hand, boss of SD (the intelligence service of the SS) and later RSHA (which controlled SD, Gestapo, and Kripo), and who among other crimes masterminded the Night of the Long Knives and the Holocaust. The other book is about the history of strategic bombing.

I need more wholesome interests. Or get a time machine and change my career into one of becoming a historian. ._.

There is also The Men Who Stare at Goats by Jon Ronson. "First Earth Battalion" sounds like a blend of G.I. Joe and Captain Planet.

Nah, the rainbow one's on fire. And sorta... Psychotically territorial. There's a pink, flying psionic cat though.
    *pets cat*

I see... -_^

I just realized something... smallcool is about 3 pixels shorter than smallsmile. @_@

Whoa.

(I've had a long... Week... )
    *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    In news related to the name of the thread....I has to make sweet sweet murder upon someone.

Spoiled for Major Downer:

Spoiler
    Show
    My brother was able to get with someone, who was not exactly his type (I know his type...we share a taste in men.) But, still sweet, and they had a good time. Then he found out that his new boyfriend was in the closet, and helped him in the last couple of days get the last bit of nerve up to come out to his parents. Being there...ect.

That is were the urge to kill has cropped up in me. You see, the guy's parents were totally homophobic, and violent about it. My brother's boyfriend came out to them, and his dad attacked not only his own son, but my brother as well. They both ended up getting away with just a few bruises, and aches and pains. (Yes, proper authorities were alerted, they took a report, but no arrests were made because they didn't consider it assault for some reason.)

The hate is strong in me right now, and i'm typing with total rage. I'm getting the pair drunk right now, and myself, so venting. Forget the drunken rant and venting, but I need it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is awful! Especially the useless peace officers... *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    Oklahoma, and MOST people are fine. The rest are....awful.

I went to pick him up, and my husband came with, though I'm bettering in a fight...anyway the guy's dad was on his lawn yelling. (My brother and his BF had gone across the street to call me.) He saw my husband (who is half-black half-german) and started yelling about how all black people were homosexual....using more colorful and offensive language.

I would have gone ape-poop right there...but my husband calmed me down with some humor. He said "Gee, he might be right. I'm half-black and bisexual." The chuckle is the only reason I am home and not in jail right now for rage induced murder.

Seriously....attacking my family twice in one day is not a good way to keep doing the breathing thing. We stayed long enough for police to show up, and they did jack-all.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Re: Argument
    Spoiler
    Show
    I went about it in a really bad way. I've also done some more thinking and I think that what the phrase is trying to illustrate is that support for someone's rights should be unconditional; despite the statement, you still ought to support their rights; cause some people's support / approval is dependent on whether the supported ones "play nice" or "don't show it in front of them", etc... (Support for LGBT+ rights shouldn't be dependent on people playing the "nice queer" in essence.) Human rights aren't conditional basically. I DON'T agree with this phrase being the best way to bring over this thought though.

I can't let thoughts stick in my head and not share them. :<
    *hugs* I can relate. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Nai_Calus View Post
    -----

I'm bi and TG, and somewhere between open and closed on it on the internet. I don't like... Make a big deal out of it, but I don't hide it either. IRL... Well, I live in Kentucky, so no way in hell am I saying anything to anyone, alas. Zipped. My dad knows and is fine, she's a post-op MtF anyway, so. My mother... Probably not ever telling her, yeah.
    *hugs* (If you don't mind hugs.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Did your parents divorce?
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

24. - Top - End - #564
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm just popping in to *hug* everybody.

Also, closure is excellent.
    Jude P.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

*snip*
    Fun times, yay. :)

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't remember exactly what dream I had last night, but I've narrowed the context down to either 'confusing, aimless nonsense' or 'unspeakably horrifying nightmare worse than any work of fiction I've ever witnessed could ever rival even for a second'. However that went, I feel considerably... Less bad now. Still feels like I'm wearing my skeleton backwards, but not in quite as annoying a way.

Okay, that wasn't the most reassuring follow-up... Er, [tl;dr] things are better than they were last night.
    Glad you're feeling better.

*snip*
    Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....eeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by H Birchgrove View Post
    *hugs* I can relate. ._.
    *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post

*hugs*

I take it this is about the ex-girlfriend message?

---

I found a nice analogue / counterargument to the argument of "explaining non-straight attraction / trans* / etc. is too complicated for kids".
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

27. - Top - End - #567

It's Facebook official now.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #568

I know. A lot of people don't, though, so I like to joke like it's weaker than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by H Birchgrove View Post
    ... I...

... have not a clue about what you're talking about... *insert appropriate Rage Comic Meme*
    Shame on you.

There's bound to be a Pokemon wiki or two floating about, but there wouldn't be too much of a point to look them up if you weren't playing any games or anything... :shrug:

I could make a couple of comments on supernerd's list, but mostly I'm thinking that... Well, I forget its name, but the Charmander evolution that comes before Charizard would be pretty cool. Really has this sort of 'tough guy' vibe going on, and he never gets enough attention (as evidenced by my failure to remember his name ).

Also, I think he'd wear sunglasses well.

I haven't heard of it before... I found it one an online store, and it's about 900 pages, so I can see what you mean about the weight (especially if the English edition has larger fonts = more pages). It does seem to be an interesting book.

I was at a 2nd hand store here in campus, and found Churchill's Wizards. The British Genius For Deception 1914-1945 by Nicholas Rankin. Seems to be a thrilling and entertaining read. (I also bought a book on the history of Western philosophy, Story of Philosophy by Bryan Magee, and an anthology by Oskar Andersson, one of Sweden's first cartoonists.)

I must be crazy, I still want to buy some more books from the book sale, hopefully online which is the cheapest... There are two books by Swedish authors I want to get:

Spoiler
    Show
    One is about Reinhard Heydrich, the man who was Heinrich Himmler's right hand, boss of SD (the intelligence service of the SS) and later RSHA (which controlled SD, Gestapo, and Kripo), and who among other crimes masterminded the Night of the Long Knives and the Holocaust. The other book is about the history of strategic bombing.

I need more wholesome interests. Or get a time machine and change my career into one of becoming a historian. ._.

There is also The Men Who Stare at Goats by Jon Ronson. "First Earth Battalion" sounds like a blend of G.I. Joe and Captain Planet.
    Britain can be pretty deceptive when she gets around to it, the magnificent bastards...

I've been meaning to pick up more books, but I spent all of my money on Dragon Age and chips. I've been particularly interested in WWI (something about the trenches just 'gets' me, you know?) and ancient Oriental history (which I don't know nearly enough about).

The font in Dictators is actually pretty small, but I'm not sure what the Swedish standard is so I'm not sure whether it's larger or not. I can say that it has a lot of freakin' words per page and enough pages that I can't carry it in my jacket (and I've carried Warhammer books in my jacket ). It's also exhaustively thorough, which explains the page count.

*hugs*
    Nightmares and dysphoric curveball aside, it wasn't so bad of a week as it was an uneventful one (though I did finally figure out how to design a binary divider )... Thanks, though. *Hugs*

Oh, and I forgot to mention - that avatar's badass.

*Hugs*

I found a nice analogue / counterargument to the argument of "explaining non-straight attraction / trans* / etc. is too complicated for kids".
    Gah, the Imperial system is a mess by itself. Especially the Fahrenheit system...

... Which makes it the perfect analog to my aggressively-open-minded self. I've never felt so smart for not getting something.
    Thanks for existing.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Firbolg in the Playground

*hugs*

I take it this is about the ex-girlfriend message?
    Yeah. After wrestling with it for a day or so I decided I was being dumb, so I emailed her back and now we've been having a nice conversation. And I had surprisingly few feelings once we started talking. It's nice.

I like it. Yeah, seriously, kids are more likely to get anything than adults because they don't have pre-conceived notions of how things work.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Page not found. :<

Congrats!

Shame on you.

There's bound to be a Pokemon wiki or two floating about, but there wouldn't be too much of a point to look them up if you weren't playing any games or anything... :shrug:

I could make a couple of comments on supernerd's list, but mostly I'm thinking that... Well, I forget its name, but the Charmander evolution that comes before Charizard would be pretty cool. Really has this sort of 'tough guy' vibe going on, and he never gets enough attention (as evidenced by my failure to remember his name ).

Also, I think he'd wear sunglasses well.
    Bulbapedia, serebii.net, veekun, and so on. There are lots.

Charmeleon is pretty cool. I don't know why it had to go grow wings. Wings are lame.

Gah, the Imperial system is a mess by itself. Especially the Fahrenheit system...

... Which makes it the perfect analog to my aggressively-open-minded self. I've never felt so smart for not getting something.
    I grew up with it, so I get most of the Imperial system. Though I never did really get how pounds and pounds are different, and how ounces and ounces are different, and so on. Or any of the volume stuff.

Fahrenheit is just silly. "I'm going to make a temperature scale based on the freezing point of salt water, the freezing point of water, and the temperature of human blood! And I'm going to separate the freezing point of water and the temperature of human blood by sixty-four degrees because I'm lazy and that makes it easier for me to mark my instruments! Whee!"
    Jude P.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome.

Think about it. Being non-homophobic can even save a few words in The Talk. Instead of going "when a man and a woman love each other very much..." you can just shorten it to "when two people love each other very much...". It's inclusive and efficient

You're adorable, you know that?

[COLOR="Navy"]Gah, the Imperial system is a mess by itself. Especially the Fahrenheit system...
    I'm so glad I'm European and never had to learn that weirdness!

Oh, America...

Yeah. After wrestling with it for a day or so I decided I was being dumb, so I emailed her back and now we've been having a nice conversation. And I had surprisingly few feelings once we started talking. It's nice.
    That's great! Glad you figured it out and had a nice end to it all :3
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.