New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,465 of 1465
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Banned

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

So, uhm, I painted my nails, for the first time last night.
    Spoiler
    Show

~

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    I had an odd weekend...
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Spoiler-ed for probably being just suggestive enough to squick someone out)
    Spoiler
    Show
    First I figured out that the only major difference between "man-boobs" and 'girl' boobs is the amount of muscle in the former. Reasoning "why not", I tried to see if said muscle can be massaged 'out'... Apparently it can. Surprisingly well.

That (along with my hair being unusually cooperative) had me feeling pretty confident... I even smiled at a mirror and had my sister take a picture of me.

... Then I broke a nail. Right down to the thumb-tip.

I proceeded to be pretty severely depressed for a while... When I told my cousins why, they acted all surprised and said "it'll grow back!"... Without thinking about how long a couple of weeks is to someone with nothing to do.

After that, though, I glimpsed myself in a full-body mirror and actually had to ask if it was one of those ones they put in photo places to make you look thinner (it wasn't).

The picture went fairly well... Though I'm less confident than I was yesterday.
    Spoiler
    Show

I was telling a joke at the time... <.< >.>
    That is a fabulous and loud mop of orange hair. You ought to celebrate it!

I'm sorry about your broken nail; I feel your pain, trust me. Did you know that you can buy nail glue, though? It's surprisingly effective. It saved my life so many times in my long-nail days.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I thought you'd be, like, 28 or something.
    I'm 27! And almost a half! Sometimes I feel like that old bitchy queen regular who camps the dark corner of the bar in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Seriously in crisis mode ATM. Why do I find sexuality so difficult? Scratch that, I know why, so why can't I overcome it?
    *birdy-hugs golentan*

It's a tangled mess at the best of times.

One thing I've slowly come to learn, if it helps at all: remember that monster comic somebody posted a while ago? -- where it was like "how confident everyone else appears/how confident everyone else is?" Even the most seemingly ordinary folks, whose sex and gender are perfectly congruent and whose sexual orientation is uncomplicated -- it can be a tangled fraught mess for them as well. It is emotional, subjective, and unable to be expressed or understood to its depth.

Not to diminish the significance of your sorrow, of course. I can only wish you well in the untying.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-03-19 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Wording altered for sensitivity

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

~
    You have incredibly dainty feet.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Barbarian in the Playground

Question. Are there any trans men on here who were bi/gay who find that after T they become straight?

My (now ex) partner of 8 years claims such a thing has happened he was a little bi, but mostly only interested in men, and now he is only interested in women. It's killing me. I never had to consider my sexuality, I assumed I was straight. He came out as male. After a brief period of angst and questioning, realised that I was attracted to men in general (not just him) and saw this as a good thing. Now after 2 1/2 years of T, he says he's only interested in women.

It hurts so much... I was wondering if anyone else had any experience of this or whether it is bovine dung and not related to the testosterone at all.

The following rules are integral to any roleplaying game:
    Rule 0: The Gamesmaster is always right.
    Rule 7: Do not take the piss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrmex View Post
    Belkar is 4chan.
    CE sociopath with a surprising number of fans; loves cats. Sometimes amusing.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Bugbear in the Playground

Seriously in crisis mode ATM. Why do I find sexuality so difficult? Scratch that, I know why, so why can't I overcome it?
    *hugs golentan* Hope you'll get it sorted out, eventually.
    Viking/Paladin by Astrella

Gender Bender by Geomancer.

In love with Skeppio.

Contact me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Twitter: @MarcusSweden1

My tumblr

My DeviantART

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Last_resort_33 View Post
    Question. Are there any trans men on here who were bi/gay who find that after T they become straight?

My (now ex) partner of 8 years claims such a thing has happened he was a little bi, but mostly only interested in men, and now he is only interested in women. It's killing me. I never had to consider my sexuality, I assumed I was straight. He came out as male. After a brief period of angst and questioning, realised that I was attracted to men in general (not just him) and saw this as a good thing. Now after 2 1/2 years of T, he says he's only interested in women.

It hurts so much... I was wondering if anyone else had any experience of this or whether it is bovine dung and not related to the testosterone at all.
    No idea, but *hugs*
    Jude P.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP - Part 21: BLACKJACK!

Maybe your sexuality is more fluid than most? That could mess up attempts at finding a box that fits all the time, since the contents change over time.

I don't really know how to overcome problems, especially ones so complicated, other than utter distraction. But I do know that I want to help!

*Help-hug*

I don't really have any experience with being confused about my sexuality, though, so I hope I don't accidentally make things worse. ;_;
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Titan in the Playground

*glum*

Try a cocktail of anti-depressants. It will stop all your sexuality dead in the tracks.

*hugs*

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    *glum*

Try a cocktail of anti-depressants. It will stop all your sexuality dead in the tracks.

*hugs*
    I'm already on antidepressants, which I think might be muddling the issue.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, antidepressants. How I hate thee.

*hugs for all*

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Troll in the Playground

Not sure what to say Golentan, so I'll just say *hugs*

*glum*

*hugs*
    Try taking them from the late single-digits through puberty. Makes things that much harder to figure out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

For the few people I've known personally that have had to take them, and the many accounts I have read otherwise, antidepressants seem like a bad brew that create more problems than they solved. I feel fortunate never to have had to take them.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

I'd be dead without them.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Troll in the Playground

I have ambivalent feelings on them. On the one hand, they zombified me successfully when I needed to stop using my brain.
    On the other hand, I don't want to ever take them again. I like my lucidity. And I want even less to reach once again the state where I would need them again.
    So, in short, I wish no one here will have to take these in the future, but I support every single one of you who does need antidepressants. Because while it's far from a perfect solution, it's often far better than going without, and should be taken properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

And we love you very much. (This coming from the boy who had a strong friendship with his glitched into being super strong Charizard)
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

Likewise. But I do know both they and the antipsychotics take away my "edge." I'm still smarter than the average bear, but I don't have the same spark.

If I didn't have to worry about my life falling apart if I stopped taking them, I'd be off them tomorrow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

17. - Top - End - #1457

I don't feel like my antidepressants have done anything for me besides ruining my appetite. And taking away the ability to cry. Can't say much for my sexuality because yeah.
    I wonder if I should try not taking them for a while. It's not like I'd kill myself, and at least I'd be able to eat.

Edit: Yeah, I guess I'll talk to the psychiatrist about it next time I see her.
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2012-03-19 at 03:32 PM.
    Jude P.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Caustic Soda View Post
    Wow, you look pretty cute in that picture, Arachu. And if I met you on the street your appearance would definitely be a pass.
    *Dies*

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    Oh my gosh, my excitement over getting signatured got me signatured again! This is so exciting!
    Must resist urge to sig that...

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

~
    That is definitely your color. I've never looked at feet and thought "cute" before today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    That is a fabulous and loud mop of orange hair. You ought to celebrate it!
    It's definitely not the girliest song, but this comes to mind (not so much for the video as the lyrics - I spend half of boy-mode arguing over it, I tell you).

Also, thanks. My hair means a lot to me.

I'm sorry about your broken nail; I feel your pain, trust me. Did you know that you can buy nail glue, though? It's surprisingly effective. It saved my life so many times in my long-nail days.
    Really? That's... I did not expect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Last_resort_33 View Post

*Hugs*
    Thanks for existing.

Dragon Hunter avatar by Lerky. Magical Girl by the lovely Astrella~

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

Have you tried exploring the places on the internet where they have pictures and videos relevant to this? That might help you in determining what you like.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

On balance, yes, I'd rather we had them than not. I was going to add that to my last post and didn't, but this is just more evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I don't feel like my antidepressants have done anything for me besides ruining my appetite. And taking away the ability to cry. Can't say much for my sexuality because yeah.
    I wonder if I should try not taking them for a while. It's not like I'd kill myself, and at least I'd be able to eat.

Edit: Yeah, I guess I'll talk to the psychiatrist about it next time I see her.
    No fair! I got your eating! Well, it might be the fatigue, since mostly between my fatigue flaring up and being put on the antidepressants, I slept, so maybe I was going to eat a load anyway. But since I went on the higher dose I've been putting weight on.

I think it's always a good idea to keep checking in with whoever it is (GP, consultant, psychiatrist) to make sure the dose is right. No point filling your body with random drugs if they're too little to solve the problem anyway or more than you need! Or wrong altogether. Or whatever.

Must resist urge to sig that...
    I could so easily get stuck!
    *sigged*
    Me: excited!
    *excitement sigged*
    Me: excited at excitement being sigged!*
    *excitement sigged*
    *excitement sigged*
    ... etc.

Based on previous observations, I have the capacity for repeated excitement at the same thing of a toddler.

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Troll in the Playground

So can I post the 22nd thread please? Only if Asta doesn't want to, but I'd like to if he gives up that liberty. I'm patient.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    No fair! I got your eating! Well, it might be the fatigue, since mostly between my fatigue flaring up and being put on the antidepressants, I slept, so maybe I was going to eat a load anyway. But since I went on the higher dose I've been putting weight on.

I think it's always a good idea to keep checking in with whoever it is (GP, consultant, psychiatrist) to make sure the dose is right. No point filling your body with random drugs if they're too little to solve the problem anyway or more than you need! Or wrong altogether. Or whatever.
    Yeah, I've been on my low end (around 76-78 kilos) since I started these antidepressants. Though that's probably the eating less combined with not exercising as much. I actually tend towards 80-82 kilos when I exercise more.

I could so easily get stuck!
    *sigged*
    Me: excited!
    *excitement sigged*
    *excitement sigged*
    *excitement sigged*
    ... etc.

Based on previous observations, I have the capacity for repeated excitement at the same thing of a toddler.
    You are adorable. I'm tempted to sig this.
    Jude P.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    So can I post the 22nd thread please? Only if Asta doesn't want to, but I'd like to if he gives up that liberty. I'm patient.
    Did he call it or something?

I wasn't aware that was a thing with this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

And, I just filed my first passport for a trans girl. Hopefully, the State Department doesn't jerk her around anymore.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Did he call it or something?

I wasn't aware that was a thing with this thread.
    Kender wanted Asta to post it. Not sure if he did, though. I guess I may as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    And, I just filed my first passport for a trans girl. Hopefully, the State Department doesn't jerk her around anymore.
    Well that's fantastic news. I'm sure she's very proud of you for helping her.

Yeah, so Thread 22 is up! *Yay*

Please put up a subtitle recommendation. We've got a week to decide.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-03-19 at 07:01 PM.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.