New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

[Path]

Jamie shakes her head quickly. "No! I mean, maybe a little intimidating in the sense that you're so much more knowledgable and smart and pretty than I am, but scared? Not at all," she says, smiling.

[Entryway]

The red-haired-with-white-highlights Solar nods to her Lunar Mate, and pauses, before taking a cross-legged seat so as not to tower over the children while Zamira fetches water.
    "You're safe now," she says in a soft voice, mentally thinking back to her past - and her sister.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Path

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Jamie shakes her head quickly. "No! I mean, maybe a little intimidating in the sense that you're so much more knowledgable and smart and pretty than I am, but scared? Not at all," she says, smiling.
    Vidalia cocks her head to one side, like a confused puppy. Uh, thank you, Jamie. I think. Then turns her attention back to Marty, and tries to smile mmore friendly-like.

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Marty regains some thought. Eep...he was being stupid. Why would it matter? I....you....I have a rather mixed....f-f-family tree m-myself....I don't....why ask? He was very curious. His hands hang by his sides....they're tensed. He doesn't know what to do. He considers holding her...her slim pretty waist....His fingers twitch a little before he jams his hands in his pockets. Honestly, he didn't know what to do...or what she was planning to do....he takes his hands out again and considers holding her again...embracing her...and then he brushes the thought away. He was being stupid...yet the thought hangs there in his conscience.
    I won't harm you. I'm trying to be your friend.

I was just curious as to why you wanted to know if I was human. As you just said, "Why would it matter?"
    she shurgus and turns back around. I'm half-onion plant, if you must know.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Path

Oh? That's n-neat...how d-did that happen? You mean...l-l-like a dryad or nymph? A n-natural nature creature? I've n-never m-met someone like y-you...Th-thanks for putting up with m-me too...I haven't talked to peopl in months...you...you're the first person I've talked to for a l-long time...you know th-that? Marty rushes up next to her now. Walking beside her instead of behind. Her words calmed him. She was his friend. She wouldn't hurt him. He visibly moved a little closer to her as he walked. She would keep him safe...no one would hurt him...the voices wouldn't hurt him...
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-03-19 at 10:41 PM.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Halfling in the Playground

Entryway

Most of the children hang back, some simply collapsing to sit or lie on the grass. The teenager sighs in relief, looking at the child on her shoulder. She offers the toddler to Shrike. "Can you take him? Please? I just... need to rest..." The girl looks ready to collapse herself. "You don't know how long we've been out there."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

Entryway

Huh. That was quick. Zamira's coming back out, holding a bag with some water bottles in, and some other bottles as well.

All the bottles are fairly small, though. The sort you might take running. Zamira starts to hand the water bottles out. "Do not drink it all at once. You need to take small sips right now, otherwise your bodies will simply bring it back up."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground

[Path]

Jamie nods and falls quiet once more as they walk.

===

[Entryway]

Shrike reaches to take the youngling from the exhausted girl, looking slightly awkward, but nodding. "Where are you from? What happened?" the Solar asks quietly.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #697

Entryway

The gathering of children - only ten or twelve in all, and just two older than the girl - take the water bottles greedily, but do as they're told. Still, those are some fast sips they're taking.

"Um. Yatau." She takes a gulp of water, then drenches her face in it. She sighs a moment, just breathing, before swallowing a little more healthily. "It's a village a few miles from here. We..." She takes a moment to gather her voice, on the verge of tears herself. "I don't know. This thing... tricked us. The whole town. Asked for our souls. When it... when it got the kids, it made the parents trade to get em' back." She sobs, but doesn't break down quite yet. "He changed them."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #698
    Troll in the Playground

[Entryway]

Shrike frowns deeply, shaking her head.
    "We'll do what we can to help your parents," she says quietly, reaching to put a hand on the girl's shoulder and squeeze softly. "I promise."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Pansy continues to coo over the baby, "With Renetta and Quinn expecting too, we should set up a cabin as a nursery where the babies can all be looked after together. I'd love a chance to care for infants again. My little ones are getting so big." 'Big' being a relative term, since they're halflings.

Main Cabin - Kitchen

"Fish can also be cooked with no spices at all, just a squeeze of lemon," Tito offers. "But this way is good too."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #700
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Andy's Room 2]

Caroline shrugs. It's not your fault. Dr. WhatsHisName was a convincing liar. She reaches out for Vincent's hand. Vincent probably was too angry to say the right lines.
    [Andy's Room 2]

Andy is suprised he had thought they start a rampage. Well hopefully she will clam down Vincent as well.

"Even if he would have said the right words, I wouldn't let him kill the man. Killing someone should be the last choice. There is allways another way."

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Lucy's eyes widen as she realises how tired Andy is, the black veins of her skin enhancing the effect greatly.

"By Bal, I am terribly sorry to be keeping you awake. Please do take time to rest before you become sick."

She says, smikling politely as she lowers her voice to avoid awakening the sleeping Deathclaw.
    [Andy's Room 1]

Andy holds up a hand to clam her down.

"Don't worry I'm near ready with this and then we are done."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

[Andy's Room]

"Do be sure to get plenty of rest between work, sleep is important for your mental sanitation."

Lucy says, realising how strange such advice sounds after all that she has experienced.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Andy's Room 2]

Andy is suprised he had thought they start a rampage. Well hopefully she will clam down Vincent as well.

"Even if he would have said the right words, I wouldn't let him kill the man. Killing someone should be the last choice. There is allways another way."
    [Andy's Room 2]

"So you wouldn't even let me kill a monster to stop it from hurting countless others? What sort of horrible person are you?"

Vincent's world revolves around killing and death. He cannot respect someone who refuses to do what's necessary.

He squeezes Caroline's hand. He thinks it's time to go now.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-03-20 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

Path

Oh? That's n-neat...how d-did that happen? You mean...l-l-like a dryad or nymph? A n-natural nature creature? I've n-never m-met someone like y-you...Th-thanks for putting up with m-me too...I haven't talked to people in months...you...you're the first person I've talked to for a l-long time...you know th-that? Marty rushes up next to her now. Walking beside her instead of behind. Her words calmed him. She was his friend. She wouldn't hurt him. He visibly moved a little closer to her as he walked. She would keep him safe...no one would hurt him...the voices wouldn't hurt him...
    Jamie nods and falls quiet once more as they walk.
    Vidalia jumps slightly as Marty rushes up on her, but doesn't move away. Well, you should stop being so stand-offish. And gets your wounds looked at. It's not weakness to be healed. It's weakness to allow the wound to fester.

[Andy's Room 2]

Caroline shakes her head no. Nope. But let's not talk about it anymore.

And with the squeeze of Vincent's hand, Caroline steps toward the exit. Actually, I think we should seek out Sophie. Thanks.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-03-20 at 11:25 AM.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

Path

.....I...I trust you....I'll f-fix it....I'm g-getting a prosthetic...It'll l-look exactly the same...like I had a real foot...I m-might have trouble walking after th-though.... He does walk closer to her so that he could talk to her again in that quiet voice of his. He does look nervous though...I mean, he hadn't talked to anyone in about half a year...especially not a woman as appealing as she was.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-03-20 at 11:39 AM.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entryway]

"We'll do what we can to help your parents," she says quietly, reaching to put a hand on the girl's shoulder and squeeze softly. "I promise."
    "Yeah, we will."

Zamira looks at the kids, quiet determination in her eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Rowan Cabin

Pansy continues to coo over the baby, "With Renetta and Quinn expecting too, we should set up a cabin as a nursery where the babies can all be looked after together. I'd love a chance to care for infants again. My little ones are getting so big." 'Big' being a relative term, since they're halflings.
    That sounds like a great idea, Sophie says. I'm sure plenty of people would like to help. Maybe I could help too if I have time... She seems to enjoy the prospect.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-03-20 at 04:04 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #707

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "Yeah, we will."

Zamira looks at the kids, quiet determination in her eyes.
    [Entryway]

She smiles weakly, taking another gulp of water and then looking toward the grass wistfully. A boy - older than her, who'd been trying to calm some of the tots - steps forward. "Um, if you need to know anything else..."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #708
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Andy's Room 2]

"So you wouldn't even let me kill a monster to stop it from hurting countless others? What sort of horrible person are you?"

Vincent's world revolves around killing and death. He cannot respect someone who refuses to do what's necessary.

He squeezes Caroline's hand. He thinks it's time to go now.
    [Andy's Room 2]

Well actually he just has a problem when humans kill humans. It may sound bad, but thats the things you get by coming from elsewhere. He wouldn't have avoid to kill Carolin for example.

"That wasn't what I mean. I got my limits as well. I just see the good in someone first. I still hope I could helped."

He opens them the door so they could leave.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

[Andy's Room -> Outside]

As far as Vincent is concerned, humans can be monsters too.

He steps out with Caroline though and looks around. He could go for a second opinion.

[Outside -> Infirmary]

Reinholdt swoops down here and rushes into the Infirmary.
    "Can I get a little help here?!"

He sounds somewhat concerned, though is not sporting any obvious injuries.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-03-20 at 05:14 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin- Kitchen

Myrim turns to frown slightly at Tito. "What's le-mun?" Myrim did just say that when she lived with her parents, she ate fish as they were caught, meaning raw.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #711
    Troll in the Playground

Path

.....I...I trust you....I'll f-fix it....I'm g-getting a prosthetic...It'll l-look exactly the same...like I had a real foot...I m-might have trouble walking after th-though.... He does walk closer to her so that he could talk to her again in that quiet voice of his. He does look nervous though...I mean, he hadn't talked to anyone in about half a year...especially not a woman as appealing as she was.
    Good. But it's not just your foot I'm concerned about. she reaches out for his hand. But, one thing at a time, I guess. For now, let's get to your picnic.

[Andy's Room 2]

Well actually he just has a problem when humans kill humans. It may sound bad, but thats the things you get by coming from elsewhere. He wouldn't have avoid to kill Carolin for example.

"That wasn't what I mean. I got my limits as well. I just see the good in someone first. I still hope I could helped."

He opens them the door so they could leave.
    Caroline smiles up at him as she exits. We'll take what you said into consideration. Thank you. See. She's nicer than Vincent. Well, unless she becomes Catoline. Then watch yourself.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

Path

Marty holds his hand back for a moment, and then decides that it ws just a friendly motion...He grabs her hand with his black gloved one. Th-thank you....f-for being s-s-so kind to me...It's really n-not what I expected....Er....y-you said th-that my foot's not th-the only thing y-you're w-worried about? W-what does that mean.... His hands are covered by the gloves and the long-sleeves....he likes to cover the scars. He turns to her and still doesn't look her in the eyes...he didn't like to. W-would you st-stay? If y-y-you want? I h-have some nice f-food...

23. - Top - End - #713
    Troll in the Playground

{Path --> Picnic}

Pleeease. You saw the two kids on the beach. It's way too hot out to be wearing what you are wearing. It doesn't take much deduction to figure out you are hiding more scars than just your foot.

And if we are going to spending any quality curtain time, you need to be in top physical shape. I don't just let anyone into my bed.

She walks over to the basket and opens it up. Let's see what you have. Right, Jamie?

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    That sounds like a great idea, Sophie says. I'm sure plenty of people would like to help. Maybe I could help too if I have time... She seems to enjoy the prospect.
    [Rowan Cabin]

Eric smiles, "That sounds like a wonderful idea. I'll help you out if I can." Not that he really has much experience with infants, but he can work with that.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

Path-->Picnic

Marty tells her, They are kids...they have n-nothing to worry about...I do...I wear what I wear...is it th-that h-hard to see? I...it.... He was making no sense really...in his mind he was having a bit of a problem...above the constant chatter of voices he didn't know what she was trying to say....top physical condition? What? Well...ignore it...he had no idea what she was referring to....He moves over to the tree and uses it to slide down onto the picnic blanket. Luckily no ants got in the food.

He tells her, Here...I always b-bring extra....Inside was a rather nicely made sub. He always makes his food with care. He grows it out of the Goblin's small garden he tends to. It's made very well. He then reaches into a magical bag that he had since he was 5. He pulls out a bottle of ice cold lemonade. He also takes two glasses out. Here. I made this sandwich, organic ingredients. I grew the vegetables myself. You want tomatoes? There is lemonade too. I squeezed it this morning....Hope you ,like sugar in your lemonade. That stutter was gone...he ws calm. He loved his cooking. He smiles for once at her. His teeth are pearly white and shine in the sun.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

If allowed, Kate will step in and look for the babies! Chances are she will see Scylla.

She takes a moment to look it up and down. Well, Eric used to be a farthing. It's a good thing that it's even half humanoid.

Kate berates herself inside her head. It's a baby of her friend!

...After a moment, Kate decides that her cute reaction is broken, because she is not getting the usual "It's a baby! squee!" out of it.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground

Path -> Picnic

Jamie, having been distracted by the nature of the area, snaps back to attention, just in time to blush as she cottons on to where the conversation had been going. "Huh? Oh. Um, yeah. Um...if you two want I can let you picnic together?" she offers.

[Entryway]

"If it's not too hard to speak about...well, anything and everything you can tell us would help," Shrike admits.

[Infirmary]

Quinn's here, in the process of picking up the phone to call the MagCave!
    "...Reinholdt? What is it?"
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-03-20 at 08:25 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #718
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Well look who's shown up late to the party. Julie, unused to all the physical exercise she's gotten today, as finally walked her way back to the campground all the way from the Keep.

And look, Kate's here. Darnit, and Julie hadn't come up with anything better as a gift yet. Oh well.

Thinking quickly, Julie flashports what she had gotten in the first place. She hopes Kate will like them. A smallish shoebox appears in her hand in a burst of fire.

"Why hello there everyone, did you decide to have a baby shower without me?" Julie's smirk is broad and mischievous.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Why would anyone willingly call the Magcave? D=

"I think someone's tried to poison me." Reinholdt says.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

For Robolegs!

Quinn wastes no time in standing - very carefully, considering she's about the size of the Titanic by this point - and casting a detect poison spell on Reinholdt!

'Who?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew