New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

Rowan Cabin

"It's only a job, free time shouldn't be a worry."

when Julie mentions the Sophie and Pansy, Kate thinks a bit.

"Yeah, they were both here, weren't they? I don't remember what they were talking about."

Kate was preoccupied with the babies and whatnot.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Well shoot, there goes that. Well, Julie can always ask either one of them if she runs into them later.

"So, will you be staying around for supper? I've been on my feet all day, so I wouldn't mind nipping into the kitchen for a bite myself." She really does have to get used to exercise again. It's one thing to manipulate how you look with psionics, but it doesn't make you any more fit beneath the skin.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Oh, sure, that would be nice."

Pansy's cooking is better than the basic home-made stuff Kate makes for herself... that she's eaten for a while now. Kate's awfully thinky today, now she's pondering how long it's actually been since she was around here...

4. - Top - End - #874
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

Natalie arrives here and watches Brinika. Natalie will try to sit slightly behind Brinika and Caretaker to avoid distracting her friend. At the moment she's human and wearing a tartan skirt that stops just above her knees and a blue t-shirt, plus her red rucksack. Her long black hair is currently tied back into a ponytail that cascades down her back.

She's not a very musical person, but she's enjoying this.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #875
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post

Alright. When's the surgery?
    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Infirmary

H-Here...Mrs....Dr. Quinn. M-My measurements. Marty hands her his notepad with measures written down, Oh...G-Good luck t-to the baby. He smiles a little. He then starts leaving the infirmary and heading over to The Sapling Cabin![/COLOR]
    "Thank you. I'll have things ready for you as soon as possible," Quinn says, smiling at Marty.

====

Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Half of the refugee children are asleep before they lie down. Kenneth collapses in a chair, takes a deep and comfortable breath, and watches Shrike take her seat. He'd ask if Shrike had any children of her own - she seemed the type - but decided now wasn't the time. He'd prefer to just... tell her and sleep. Confusion and shock had finally given way to complete exhaustion.

"A man came to our village. He came to the kids, one at a time, sometimes two. He'd play a game for something he called a 'Ba'." Kenneth scowls. "It means soul. He wouldn't just give them back, so he asked the parents for theirs. A hostage... thing." His scowl falls into something more saddening. "He took them all. They just... left. He killed the people who got in the way."
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Zamira looks at Kenneth from where she is on the desk. "...is he still in the village?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "No. He's long gone." Kenneth looks remarkably bitter for someone so young. No shock there.

Raira looks ready to cry, but that would probably use more water than she has to spare right now. "There's nothing left."
    [/spoiler]

Shrike scowls, shaking her head.
    "Were any of the children here...made hostages in that manner? It might be possible to trace him that way..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    {Maple Cabin}

"I don't age naturally. I stay the same age forever until the game is over usually, with a few exceptions." Vincent explains.
    What do you mean, "the game"? Sophie asks as she activates her Second Sight in hope of seeing just who or what Vincent is.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Edge of Camp

Natalie arrives here and watches Brinika. Natalie will try to sit slightly behind Brinika and Caretaker to avoid distracting her friend. At the moment she's human and wearing a tartan skirt that stops just above her knees and a blue t-shirt, plus her red rucksack. Her long black hair is currently tied back into a ponytail that cascades down her back.

She's not a very musical person, but she's enjoying this.
    After a moment, Brinika notices a person behind her, turns around and grins. Hi Natalie! Did you hear me play drums?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Pansy and Lily arrive at the infirmary door in time to open it for Waterstrider. Pansy pats Renetta's foot. "Don't worry dear. The first time is a little scary, but it's worth it."

Lily is practically quivering in excitement, but is actually silent for once. I think all the words bottled up in her throat or something.

Main Kitchen

Tito takes the fish out, perfectly grilled, and squeezes a little lemon juice over it, before serving it to Myrim. "Try this."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #878
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"Yes, I did! You were very good." But Natalie is both biased and not very musical, so therefore isn't reliable with such things. "Do you enjoy the drums?"

Main Cabin- Kitchen

"Ooh, I like this. Pike's much better cooked than raw." Myrim seems to really enjoy cooked pike. Though, I'm not sure if she'd say the same for every kind of fish she caught. Especially the smaller ones, which she doesn't bother bringing ashore and eats in the lake.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-03-26 at 06:10 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

{Maple Cabin}

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Sophie blinks. Okay, I think I need some context. Why wouldn't you want to grow older? And what makes it a decision as opposed to something that happens naturally?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "I don't age naturally. I stay the same age forever until the game is over usually, with a few exceptions." Vincent explains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    What do you mean, "the game"? Sophie asks as she activates her Second Sight in hope of seeing just who or what Vincent is.
    Vincent lives in a game world. She looks at Vincent, a little confusion on her face. Though, I've never heard what the game was called. She looks back to Sophie. And when I'm with him, I can see it too. It's as real as anything else.

Caroline then kicks at the dirt on the floor, a little embarassed. When I came here once before, as Catoline, I.... I made some awful comments. One of which was that.... Caroline takes a breath. That Vincent wasn't good enough for me, because he was just a child. She looks upset to admit this.

And Vincent has taken it to heart. He loves me, and I him. But how can we be together, when I'm a young adult, and he looks like a child? So now he wants to grow up.

I just worry he's not doing it for the right reasons, and that he'll come to regret it.
    She steps back from Sophie, a little diminished by the confession.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

{Maple Cabin}

Sophie's vision... that is, her screen, should be replaced by a blue screen showing Vincent's stats, including his HP and MP! Sophie can press A for more details or B to back out to the menu and back to the main game.

"That's cause it is real. Though I never did find out the name." Vincent admits. He doesn't know!

Caroline pretty much covered the rest though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

Sapling Cabin

Marty lies in the chair looking rather bored. Then...something odd happens...Marty could tell when the curse was strengthening...the bloodlust. Marty regretted everything he did under it...he'd killed a man. But he couldn't stop it. If he didn't spill blood in the next week the curse would break his mind. The curse came around about evry four weeks. In the past, Marty had cut himself, in order to satisfy himself. The curse. Marty always healed himself after. But he didn't like having to do it. To cut his wrists every few weeks...he would always heal himself. He was never in a threat of death...but it was always a lot of blood. The curse wouldn't leave...the dragon made sure of that...he'd never be the same. Marty was stormed by sudden urges to kill....he got up quickly and started running through the camp and into his cabin. He locked the door. Anyone could see him running uncharacteristically urgently.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under The Trees]

Annabelle the ghoul is sitting under some trees, a little ways away from the cabins. She likes sitting in the shade, although it was better when she hadn't eaten her fish yet, because now she's just hungry again. That's the worst part about ghoul hunger - you ignore it for a while and it's just manageable, but if you eat something to tide yourself over it only seems to make the hunger worse!

People don't seem to appreciate how much work she puts into not eating them!

Still though, the ghoul sits quietly in the grass under the cool shadow of the trees, watching some birds fly over head. She closes one eye and amuses herself by pretending to catch them as they fly away. There's not a lot for her to do around here, but at least it is quiet...

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty Flailing Around ==> Under The Trees

Marty runs in this direction as he tries to head to his cabin. He's not paying attention to anything. He accidentally steps on a rock and face plants into the ground. Annabelle would be able to see the pathetic sight. (Marty looks like my avatar)

14. - Top - End - #884

Under the Trees

Well, looky over there, it's a people!

Or, well, it sort of looks like a people from this far back. Maybe Mintbalm should get closer? Yes, that's always a good idea.

The genie-clothed over-sized wingless pixie (it's a long story) walks her way over to Annabelle, noting the pale colour of the ghoul's skin as she gets closer. Isn't that odd?

Well, Minty is sure it's nothing important. Some people are just pale.

"Hi there!" Mintbalm waves, cheerfully!

It should be noticed that, due to an angel's very cautious and well thought out wish, Mintbalm can see the amount of good deeds a person has done over the course of their life as a sort of halo behind their head, with the brightness depending on how good they've been. It's supposed to help her decide who deserves to get a wish, but she hasn't tested it out much.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #885

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Med Lab

Melody nods. Yes. It wasn't right of me.
    Toby frowns in disappointment. I see. Well, if you don't like him at all, be sure you let him down nicely.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under the Trees]

Annabelle smiles at Mintbalm as she waves hello, only to squeak in surprise as somebody else face-plants in front of her! Is he okay? She will go over and check!

It is unclear what Mintbalm will see of Annabelle, given that she is an undead amnesiac. She's certainly a very nice person if you only take into account what she can remember and what she has done since her undeath began, but I can imagine any other information would be hazy. If it is able to detect the deeds she did before her death, it would likely be fairly average. Certainly not as bright as she deserves!

17. - Top - End - #887
    Troll in the Playground

{MedLab}

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Toby frowns in disappointment. I see. Well, if you don't like him at all, be sure you let him down nicely.
    Melody throws up her hands in surprise. What? No, I didn't say that. I'm just not sure of my feelings. she looks at Toby, a little confused. Have you never been unsure of yourself?

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

Under The Trees

Marty hits his head on another rock. A black eye is starting to form. He gets up and looks over at Annabelle. Ow...Head...Um...Oh... He looks over at the ghoul. The urge to move closer...he had a knife. He could stab her....cut her. Feel her blood fall to the ground in a scarlet waterfall. No. Can't do that. Can't hurt people. He tells her, S-Sorry...I'm M-Marty. He stutters. Mintbalm would see that Marty is a good man at heart. Kind, loving, and friendly. However, there is a dark spot in his soul. He's done bad things...terrible things...

19. - Top - End - #889

Med Lab

Once, but I didn't like it very much, so I stopped. Toby chuckles a bit, then shrugs. In all seriousness, yeah, I know what that's like. Way I see it, you can either sit down and think about it rationally, make a list of all the pros and cons and whatnot, or you can just go with your heart. Whichever method you like better. When it comes to life, there are no right or wrong decisions. There's just different paths that are easy or rough and take you to nice or nasty places. Pick one and don't worry about the road not taken.

20. - Top - End - #890

Under the Trees

Fortunately, Mintbalm can only see good deeds, none of that wishy-washy soul nonsense. Heck, some things don't even have a soul, so this is a much more easy way to judge things. That means she doesn't see Marty's dark stain or anything.

"Hi there, you okay? I'm Mintbalm!" Wheee, meeting new people is great. Marty is acting kinda weird, but he looks like a decent enough guy, and Annabelle is pretty cool up close.

Mintbalm walks over until she's standing next to Marty and Annabelle, smiling brightly.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under the Trees]

Well, Annabelle of course will help Marty up if he'll let her. She can't let someone just fall over and hurt themselves without helping!

"ARE YOU OKAY?" She asks in her soft echo, before looking over at Mintbalm with another smile, "HI! I THINK HE HURT HIMSELF."

Which of course Mintbalm can already see, but that's beside the point.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

Under The Trees

...Oh...Um...It's n-nothing...J-Just a bruise....Th-Thank y-you though... He'll let her help him up. He wears so much clothes she can't touch or see any skin except for his face. Which is fine by him. He looks over at the lightly clad genie. He blushes and looks away from her. Er...Hi...

23. - Top - End - #893

Under the Trees

"Oh, okay! Want me to fix it?" A little pixie dust and he'd be right as rain, right? Pixie dust was like a magic Swiss army knife that way.

Of course, Mintbalm has no clue Marty is magic resistant, but her heart's in the right place.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under the Trees]

Well, Marty may find that Annabelle isn't exactly well-dressed either. The tattered remains of tattered rags aren't exactly modest, and despite her ghoul features she's not exactly what most would call hideous.

"YOU CAN HEAL PEOPLE?" she asks Mintbalm happily, stepping away from Marty now that he's up and apparently okay. If he says he's okay he must be, right?

25. - Top - End - #895
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Main Cabin

Shrike scowls, shaking her head.
    "Were any of the children here...made hostages in that manner? It might be possible to trace him that way..."
    "Some. How would you do that, though?" Kenneth asks, glancing around.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

Med Lab

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Once, but I didn't like it very much, so I stopped. Toby chuckles a bit, then shrugs. In all seriousness, yeah, I know what that's like. Way I see it, you can either sit down and think about it rationally, make a list of all the pros and cons and whatnot, or you can just go with your heart. Whichever method you like better. When it comes to life, there are no right or wrong decisions. There's just different paths that are easy or rough and take you to nice or nasty places. Pick one and don't worry about the road not taken.
    That's good advice. I think.... maybe I should think about it a little. Melody heads for the door. She pauses and looks back. Let Reinholdt know I'm looking for him, okay?

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Under The Trees

Marty blushes and tries his best to just talk to the ground. It's obvious he's normally nervous around women. The pixie dust flies and Marty just sneezes. It's kinda cute really. Er...Thank you...W-What's y-your name? Marty asks Annabelle before talking to Mintbalm, M-Magic d-doesn't work on m-me...

28. - Top - End - #898

Med Lab

I'll do that. Toby goes back to smoking his pipe while she leaves. A few minutes later he quietly recites a poem to himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveler, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim
    Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
    Though as for that the passing there
    Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
    In leaves no step had trodden black.
    Oh, I kept the first for another day!
    Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

29. - Top - End - #899

Under the Trees

Mintbalm didn't actually throw the pixie dust yet. Marty must have been sneezing at some plain old normal dust she kicked up. She doesn't bother throwing it either, when he mentions he's magic resistant.

"Oh, sorry then. I'm sure you'll be fine anyway. Soooo.... whatcha doin?" Annabelle is just sitting around in rags, and Marty seems to be spazzing about on his way somewhere. Maybe he should get back to that, now that they've seen he's alright?

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under The Trees]

"I'M ANNABELLE!" the ghoul introduces herself cheerfully, "AND I WASN'T REALLY DOING ANYTHING. I USED TO BE FISHING, BUT I GOT HUNGRY SO I LEFT."

Silly fish, making her hungry by being smelly. It's hard to resist hunger when something smells very strongly like something you want to eat! At least when people smell strongly it puts you off eating.

"WHY, WAS THERE SOMETHING YOU WERE DOING?" the ghoul tilts her head.