New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

Under The Trees

Marty sputters, I'm...I...Er...not..the...sorry! He glances apoligetically at Annabelle before running to his nearby cabin and shutting the door violently. Maybe they'll investigate his rapid departure?

2. - Top - End - #902
    Barbarian in the Playground

Under the Trees

Mintbalm stares after him oddly, but doesn't seem too inclined to chase after him if he wants to be alone.

So she turns back to Annabelle, "Fishing sounds pretty cool. We don't really have fish in the forest, since they'd have to be able to fly to reach the lakes." Upside down lakes are like that.

"So Annabelle, want to see something neat?" Minty has a mischievous smile on her face. It's been a while since she's had the time to prank someone or show off, and she's not sure which she should try.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under the Trees]

Annabelle isn't sure why Marty ran off, but as long as he's okay it should be fine, right? The ghoul returns her gaze to Mintbalm though when she starts talking about flying fish, and gets all excitable when she asks if she wants to see something!

"OOH! WHAT IS IT?" she asks, "IS IT SOMETHING SHINY?"

She bounces excitedly, wondering what it could be!

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty's Cabin

Good...no one to share the cabin with. No one would see him. Marty had to let the bloodlust tun it's course. He had to spill blood or die. Human blood. Marty grabs a wet, slightly warm rag and stuffs it in his mouth slowly. Couldn't let them hear. Muffle his cries. It also made sure he didn't bite his tongue. Marty takes off his shirt, vest , and gloves. He grabs a small knife he kept with him. Good, it's clean. Wouldn't want get sick.
    Marty hovered the blade over his scarred wrist. Well, he had his bandages ready. He could heal himself. Would be a cut...but that was fine. Apart from the pain. He bit down on the rag as he gently cut the flesh of his wrist. Let the blood flow...he had set up a bowl for the blood. As the blood dripped he could feel the bloodlust fading. Then his mind conjured up a vision of his wife. There. watching him. She was beautiful...then her fleash began to peel...maggots appeared. His mind played tricks. The fright caused Marty to spit out the rag and accidentally cut himself deeper than he intended. His harsh scream fills the air abd could be heard from outside.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Infirmary

Pansy and Lily arrive at the infirmary door in time to open it for Waterstrider. Pansy pats Renetta's foot. "Don't worry dear. The first time is a little scary, but it's worth it."

Lily is practically quivering in excitement, but is actually silent for once. I think all the words bottled up in her throat or something.
    Renetta smiles at Pansy. Well, smiles. She still hasn't gotten used the smiling not being baring your teeth. "Thanks Pansy."

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Andy's Room]

Andy looks up a bit confused, then he realizes what she means.

"Oh your free now. We are ready now and i think he will be able to speak on his own. I think we can find you if we need your assistance."
    Lucy rises and bows, smiling as she heads for the door.

"Thank you for your kindness, and sleep well"

As the nurse leaves to explore, Andy might get an unnerving feeling that... something certainly don't plan for him to sleep well.

The feeling should fade rather quickly, however. Almost as if it was just imagination.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Andy's Room]

Andy looks up and after her for a moment. Sadly he is paranoid. He nods at his robot who drops all cleaning tools and starts following the undead nurse.

It really seems something won't let him sleep. But the something he means may not the something he felt.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #908

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Rowan Cabin

"Oh, sure, that would be nice."

Pansy's cooking is better than the basic home-made stuff Kate makes for herself... that she's eaten for a while now. Kate's awfully thinky today, now she's pondering how long it's actually been since she was around here...
    Rowan Cabin

"Great, let me put Prism down for a nap and we can get going. I bet the Applehills have something special planned tonight." Well, their cooking always tastes that extra bit special, but that's hardly the point.

Julie will head to the kids' room and burp Prism, smiling softly to herself as her baby giggles for the first time.

"Looks like you aren't all curious eyes and silent lips my little darling. In you go now." Julie lowers Prism into the crib next to her sister, and leaves the room, shutting the door behind her.

"You two ready to go? Wally gave me a little necklace that will buzz if the girls start crying, so we should be able to leave them for an hour, at least." It was more accurate to say the old wizard appeared in mid-air and flung it at her forehead as she was coming back to the campground, but she doesn't begrudge him that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    [Under the Trees]

Annabelle isn't sure why Marty ran off, but as long as he's okay it should be fine, right? The ghoul returns her gaze to Mintbalm though when she starts talking about flying fish, and gets all excitable when she asks if she wants to see something!

"OOH! WHAT IS IT?" she asks, "IS IT SOMETHING SHINY?"

She bounces excitedly, wondering what it could be!
    Under the Trees

Shiny? Mintbalm could do something shiny. Guess it's time to show off then.

Grabbing a couple fistfuls of pixie dust that appears from thin air at her call, the pixie hurls them up into the air, balls of glimmering blue light trailing sparkles in their wake. They seem to spiral around each other in a double-helix for a few feet before splitting apart in a huge arc.

At about twenty feet above Mintbalm's head, they slowly turn back towards each other, curving up, around, and then slowly falling back downwards a few feet before they finally collide. There's a bright flash of leaping blue sparks as each ball dissipates harmlessly, and what's left is a floating blue outline of a stylized heart, slowly fading away as individual motes of pixie dust wink out.

"Woo!" Mintbalm is clearly impressed with herself.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Kate thinks about the twins as Julie puts Prism down. If they're growing faster than normal... well, she'll just have to hope they age mentally at the same rate.

"Magic baby monitor? Nice! Yeah, I'm ready." Kate stands and is ready to go.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Waterstrider sets Renetta down on the bed gently and gets to his knees next to her while he rests his muzzle on her shoulder and grips her hand. He tries to look serious about all of this, but his tail betrays him, wagging impossibly fast in excitement.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Maple Cabin}

Vincent lives in a game world. She looks at Vincent, a little confusion on her face. Though, I've never heard what the game was called. She looks back to Sophie. And when I'm with him, I can see it too. It's as real as anything else.

Caroline then kicks at the dirt on the floor, a little embarassed. When I came here once before, as Catoline, I.... I made some awful comments. One of which was that.... Caroline takes a breath. That Vincent wasn't good enough for me, because he was just a child. She looks upset to admit this.

And Vincent has taken it to heart. He loves me, and I him. But how can we be together, when I'm a young adult, and he looks like a child? So now he wants to grow up.

I just worry he's not doing it for the right reasons, and that he'll come to regret it.
    She steps back from Sophie, a little diminished by the confession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    {Maple Cabin}

Sophie's vision... that is, her screen, should be replaced by a blue screen showing Vincent's stats, including his HP and MP! Sophie can press A for more details or B to back out to the menu and back to the main game.

"That's cause it is real. Though I never did find out the name." Vincent admits. He doesn't know!

Caroline pretty much covered the rest though.

So, a video game protagonist. Who apparently warps reality around him so that it really works like one. That's something Sophie hasn't seen before. Well... I think you should grow up, Vincent. You can't stay a child forever. Caroline isn't the only person you know who will grow older while you stay the same age.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Edge of Camp

"Yes, I did! You were very good." But Natalie is both biased and not very musical, so therefore isn't reliable with such things. "Do you enjoy the drums?"
    Thanks! And yeah, I like them. I think I'd like to learn to play and sing at the same time, but it takes a while, Brinika explains.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Lily tries to climb up on Waterstrider's lap.

"Lily, you should go and play, or help your brother with dinner," Pansy says.

"Can I stay? I'll be good."
    Lily promises.

Pansy gives Renetta and Waterstrider a quick glance. "Maybe for a few minutes. But first, you have to go to the kitchen and tell Tito where we are, and bring back some snacks for Renetta, okay?"

Lily gives Renetta a hug and kiss on the muzzle and then jumps down and zips out the door.

Pansy chuckles. "She adores the two of you, but I know she can be trying. Just say the word, and I'll send her straight out."

My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #913
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"I bet. I mean, you have to learn how to sing loud enough to be heard over the drums. Or to drum quietly enough that you can be heard singing anyway." Natalie has a new form that can sing very well. Like a bird, in fact .
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

[Edge of Camp]

Well, the drums are supposed to provide an accompaniament for singing, so they're quiet. There's a song I'd like to learn to sing and play on drums, Brinika says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"Oh! That makes sense. What's the song called?" Natalie smiles; she hadn't expected that particular answer. "Maybe I could help you practice one or the other by supplying the drums or voice?"

16. - Top - End - #916
    Titan in the Playground

[Edge of Camp]

It's a song from a story about Fraggles, Brinika says. Play it, Caretaker. The drone buzzes and begins to play a song, complete with the video.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"Ooh, that's really good. I like that song. I think it'll be better when you sing it, though." Natalie's smiling and sounds like she means it, too.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

[Edge of Camp]

Brinika visibly pers up and her ears point upwards. Aw, thanks! I hope I can learn it soon and sing it to everyone. Oh, and have you heard we're going to have a separate cabin for babies? Not much of that Reelshka does is missed by Brinika.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"No, I hadn't. Oh, wow, babies! Whose, do you think?" Natalie lives off-sight, so doesn't actually spend very long here. A few hours every so often, yes, but not day in, day out.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

[Edge of Camp]

Jamie's mom is going to have one, and Renetta too. She's an elf girl. And Aunt Reelshka said a lady called Julie had babies too, but I haven't seen them, Brinika explains.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"Oh, that's cool. Do you think Jamie's going to have a brother or a sister?" Natalie's curious as to what Brinika thinks/hopes.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

[Edge of Camp]

Brinika's ears twitch. Um, I don't know. I just know her mom's having a baby. I can't wait to see all of them.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"Oh, that's OK. OH! I found this cool forest, with a very tall tree named Falloak and this guy gave me an apple and now I have more shapes! But, um, I haven't figured out how to take my clothes with me when I transform yet." Natalie blushes slightly as she says the last part. It's sort of embarrassing to take your clothes off in order to transform. Jamie can get away with not doing it.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Under the Trees

Shiny? Mintbalm could do something shiny. Guess it's time to show off then.

Grabbing a couple fistfuls of pixie dust that appears from thin air at her call, the pixie hurls them up into the air, balls of glimmering blue light trailing sparkles in their wake. They seem to spiral around each other in a double-helix for a few feet before splitting apart in a huge arc.

At about twenty feet above Mintbalm's head, they slowly turn back towards each other, curving up, around, and then slowly falling back downwards a few feet before they finally collide. There's a bright flash of leaping blue sparks as each ball dissipates harmlessly, and what's left is a floating blue outline of a stylized heart, slowly fading away as individual motes of pixie dust wink out.

"Woo!" Mintbalm is clearly impressed with herself.
    [Under the Trees]

Annabelle is quite pleased with this as well! The cheerful little ghoul is clapping excitedly at the display, giggling as she goes. She's evidently a fan of the impressive fireworks display that fairy dust can put on!

"THAT WAS REALLY GREAT!" she says, watching as the dust fades away, "I WISH I COULD DO INTERESTING THINGS. I CAN'T EVEN READ." Silly amnesia, removing her ability to do so many things. Not being able to read is just embarrassing, but aside from that there's not a whole lot she knows how to do. Maybe if she did some other things her mind would remember she was good at them?

It wouldn't be anywhere near as amazing as what Mintbalm just did, though!

25. - Top - End - #925

Under the Trees

Interesting things? Oooooh boy! Mintbalm bites her bottom lip and...

No, she really shouldn't right? That'd be an abuse of her powers and everything. It'd be wrong to just grant really open and broad wishes like that wily nily and ignore all the potentially horrible consequences.

But at the same time, Annabelle had a little halo thingy, and if Minty was any judge, it was bright enough to deserve a wish. I mean, maybe it wasn't the brightest thing she'd ever seen, and maybe she'd only just met Annabelle and was admittedly not the best judge of character.

Oh to hell with it, it's not working at all. There's just no way she's going to talk her way out of granting this one.

"Well, I bet you're just not trying hard enough! You can do all sorts of interesting things if you really wanted to. Like reading!" Here Mintbalm tries to grant that very loose and easy to manipulate wish in the simplest way possible, by giving Annabelle the ability to read!

Of course, she may have overdone it a tad. Rather than just giving the ghoul the ability to read the languages she can speak, she may find herself gifted with the power to read any language.

Fancy!

With that bit of behind-the-back trickery done, Mintbalm will generate some dust and form a piece of paper with the words, See Spot run. on it.

"Here, give it a try!" Handing over the paper go!

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under the Trees]

Annabelle isn't sure about this! Just yesterday she was having trouble reading a picture-book, so it had to be more than just not trying hard enough, right? But Mintbalm seems nice, so the ghoul takes the paper and gives it a look. Her brow furrows.

"SEE SPOT RUN?" she seems confused for a moment, before her face suddenly lights up in surprise! "I CAN READ!" she shout in a mixture of shock and glee, "I CAN READ!"

She calms down with a blink, however, considering something.

"MAYBE IT'S JUST THIS SENTENCE I CAN READ. I WASN'T ABLE TO READ YESTERDAY."

27. - Top - End - #927

Under the Trees

Mintbalm shakes her head, and moves over to the base of the nearest tree.

"Nu-uh, you can totally read. Watch, I'll prove it to you." Mintbalm sprinkles some more dust over the ground, causing a small circle of mushrooms to sprout up from nowhere.

"Wait here!" She steps into the circle and vanishes.

A few seconds later, she's stepping out, holding a book now. Unfortunately she's facing the same direction as she was when she stepped into the circle, so she clonks her head against the trunk of the tree.

"Owww..." The book falls from Mintbalm's hands, and Annabelle can see that the cover reads Gulliver's Travels.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty's Cabin

Marty rushes to get his bandages. His wrist had bled into the bowl for a while. When Marty could feel the bloodlust leave he drew his hand to his desk. He wrapped the bandages around his wrist and rubbed a special non-magical lotion on that sped healing. There...just as it was before. Except now his scar was redder. He wiped the dried blood off his hands and walked outside now.

Back to The Future Under The Trees

Marty nervously walks back, Er...sorry...had to go. Mintbalm will in fact see a halo above his head.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under the Trees]

Annabelle will make sure Mintbalm did not hurt herself too badly, and then she looks at the book curiously. She hasn't been able to read any big books at all since she woke up, and she doesn't even remember what most if not all of them are about.

Still, Mintbalm keeps insisting that she read things, so maybe...

She picks up the book and, already startled that she can read the cover, turns it open! After a few moments of scanning the first couple pages, she squeaks in surprise!

"I CAN REALLY READ! HOW CAN I READ? I COULDN'T READ BEFORE!" the ghoul is absolutely sure of this!

30. - Top - End - #930

Under the Trees

"Maybe you just weren't trying hard enough before? Or maybe it's crazy voodoo fairy magic or something you ate. Oh, hi again Marty!" Mintbalm waves to Marty again as she clutches the bridge of her nose in one hand. Ow...

"You can keep the book if you want Anny, I have others, and I never really liked that one a whole bunch." That isn't to say she didn't like it at all, just that it wasn't really one of her favorites. Mintbalm loved reading like other pixies loved messing with people.