New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

Under The Trees

Marty waves worriedly, Are you Ok? D-Did y-you hurt yourself? I h-have some tissues. He'll walk to her and offer some tissues in a small plastic package.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under the Trees]

Annabelle squeals in joy, jumping up and down in place for a few moments before diving forward to give Mintbalm a great big hug!

"OH, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I DON'T KNOW HOW I CAN READ, BUT I COULDN'T BEFORE I MET YOU!" she squeezes her tightly for a few seconds before letting go. She should go and read, now that she can! Maybe go see Taurus and see if she can read some of his books!

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Infirmary

Waterstrider sets Renetta down on the bed gently and gets to his knees next to her while he rests his muzzle on her shoulder and grips her hand. He tries to look serious about all of this, but his tail betrays him, wagging impossibly fast in excitement.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Infirmary

Lily tries to climb up on Waterstrider's lap.

"Lily, you should go and play, or help your brother with dinner," Pansy says.

"Can I stay? I'll be good."
    Lily promises.

Pansy gives Renetta and Waterstrider a quick glance. "Maybe for a few minutes. But first, you have to go to the kitchen and tell Tito where we are, and bring back some snacks for Renetta, okay?"

Lily gives Renetta a hug and kiss on the muzzle and then jumps down and zips out the door.

Pansy chuckles. "She adores the two of you, but I know she can be trying. Just say the word, and I'll send her straight out."

Renetta smiles after Lily. "She can stay if she wants. If you're comfortable having her here." Pregnancy let alone child birth was always something kept quiet in Renetta's experience. Of course, she knows things are very different now that she isn't at her old home.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Barbarian in the Playground

Under the Trees

"I'm fine, I just bumped my nose. I'm not even bleeding." It smarted at first, but the pain has gone down, and Mintbalm quickly waves Marty off.

And then she's glomped! Mintbalm hugs Annabelle back as tightly as she can, wincing a bit at how strong the ghoul is. Good thing Mintbalm is crush-resistant, kind of.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Some. How would you do that, though?" Kenneth asks, glancing around.
    "There are those who have magic that can trace effects like that," Shrike says, thinking of recruiting Sophie into the hunt!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

Under The Trees

Marty smiles happily, which is rare for the nervous man. Oh...G-Good. Are y-you patients here? Or...whatever their called?

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    So, a video game protagonist. Who apparently warps reality around him so that it really works like one. That's something Sophie hasn't seen before. Well... I think you should grow up, Vincent. You can't stay a child forever. Caroline isn't the only person you know who will grow older while you stay the same age.
    {Maple Cabin}

"Well... actually I could stay a child forever and most people don't grow up at all. Jamie hasn't aged a day since I met her and Caroline wasn't going to grow up either until we found that spring." Vincent explains.

Normal logic has no place here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under the Trees]

Annabelle tilts her head confusedly.

"PATIENTS?" she asks, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN?"

Despite being a resident here at GLoG, she only really knows that they help people. She doesn't really understand the whole system or anything, she just likes helping people and figured the place would suit her.

"I LIVE HERE." she says.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2012-03-27 at 10:39 PM.

9. - Top - End - #939

Under the Trees

Mintbalm has no clue what Marty is talking about either. She's just dropping by really.

"I'm just a visitor. I thought I'd snoop around and help some good people with their problems. So far it has been going very well!" Mintbalm takes a moment to be proud of herself. She's met and helped a bunch of nice people since she got here.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

Under The Trees

Marty blushes, Oh...s-sorry...I'm n-new here...st-still not sure h-how everything w-works....

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"There are those who have magic that can trace effects like that," Shrike says, thinking of recruiting Sophie into the hunt!
    "And I can probably forge a sorcerous link to track him through that connection."

Zamira jumps off the table as she transforms back into human form! "It'll take a bit of work, but I can manage it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Renetta smiles after Lily. "She can stay if she wants. If you're comfortable having her here." Pregnancy let alone child birth was always something kept quiet in Renetta's experience. Of course, she knows things are very different now that she isn't at her old home.
    "The process won't frighten her. She's seen livestock birthed," Pansy says. She pauses a moment, trying to think how to say the next part without frightening Renetta. The truth was that it was easier and faster for animals than for halflings, and Pansy doesn't know at all how it is for Wolf-elves. "Seeing a friend in pain might be upsetting to her."

Main Kitchen

Tito is thrilled that Myrim likes the fish! "I can teach you how to cook fish, if you like."

And then Lily comes running in at top speed, stopping suddenly by catching herself at the table. "Titoguesswhat? Renettaishavingherbaby!" She has to stop here to breathe heavily. "Mama... mama wants me... to take snacks!"

"You didn't have to run so fast. You're so dumb."
    Tito says, rolling his eyes.

"Am... not!" she says, still gasping.

"Are too!" While verbally abusing his sister, he steps up to reach the sink and fill a glass of water from the tap which he brings to her. "I'll fix the basket, Leelee."

Lily gulps at the water, while Tito bustles around the kitchen, filling up a basket with yummy stuff.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

[Under The Trees]

Annabelle isn't really paying all that much attention, still giddy that she can understand this book! It will be the first book she has read since her memory was lost!

"WELL, I REALLY NEED TO SEE HOW MUCH OF THIS I CAN READ!" she says happily, looking to Mintbalm, "I DON'T KNOW HOW, BUT WHAT YOU SAID YOU HELPED ME SOMEHOW, I KNOW IT! I COULDN'T READ AT ALL BEFORE I MET YOU." this isn't so much an accusation as another extended 'thank you'.

"I'M GOING TO GO FIND SOMEWHERE TO READ, OKAY? IT WAS REALLY NICE YOU MEET YOU!"

14. - Top - End - #944

Under the Trees

"No problem! I hope you enjoy the book, and it was great meeting you too!" She actually totally helped someone this time, yay for her!

As Annabelle leaves, Mintbalm turns to Marty with a polite smile, [COLOR="cyan"]"I should get going too. I've stuck around here a while to get my bearings, but I think it's finally time to get out and try helping people outside of this campground.

Minty steps into the quickly-wilting circle of mushrooms, and begins to fade away, "Goodbye!"

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Edge of Camp

"Oh, that's OK. OH! I found this cool forest, with a very tall tree named Falloak and this guy gave me an apple and now I have more shapes! But, um, I haven't figured out how to take my clothes with me when I transform yet." Natalie blushes slightly as she says the last part. It's sort of embarrassing to take your clothes off in order to transform. Jamie can get away with not doing it.
    Woooow. Brinika's eyes go wide. What can you turn into now?

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    {Maple Cabin}

"Well... actually I could stay a child forever and most people don't grow up at all. Jamie hasn't aged a day since I met her and Caroline wasn't going to grow up either until we found that spring." Vincent explains.

Sophie rubs her forehead.
    But Caroline did grow up. Jamie's aging is... strange, but eventually I think she'll grow up as well. You will grow intellectually and emotionally no matter what to do. But physical growth should follow.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ogre in the Playground

{Maple Cabin}

"Why?" Vincent asks Sophie.
    It seems a reasonable question!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

{Maple Cabin}

Sophie rubs her forehead.
    But Caroline did grow up. Jamie's aging is... strange, but eventually I think she'll grow up as well. You will grow intellectually and emotionally no matter what to do. But physical growth should follow.
    But I only physically grew up because of the spring. Even before I met Vincent, I hadn't aged since I came here. Of course, I was a ghost most of that time.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

A person's growth must be in balance. It would have been bad for you as well if you hadn't grown up, Caroline, Sophie says. People whose emotional and intellectual growth doesn't match their physical one are unbalanced.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

"Why?"
    Vincent asks.

His physical traits actually grow faster than his mental ones according to his stats!

Though he has to admit, it does make some sense. Caroline was upset about not being able to grow up until it actually happened.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Andy's Room]

Andy looks up and after her for a moment. Sadly he is paranoid. He nods at his robot who drops all cleaning tools and starts following the undead nurse.

It really seems something won't let him sleep. But the something he means may not the something he felt.
    Lucy doesn't seem to notice the robot as she exits the room, almost skipping on her way to exploration.

[Somewhere Outside]

What appears to be an undead nurse leaving bloody footprints in the grass emerges from Andy's room, a robot seemingly following behind her.

The nurse silently scouts the surrounding area for GloG residents, passerbys or strange happenings.

((Interaction wanted!
    And don't worry, the footprints are not in Andy's room, Lucy did not cause more to clean. ))
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"A small bird, an otter and a chameleon. The bird and the otter are quite fun, but the chameleon is just soo slooow." Natalie forgets that Brinika might not know what a chameleon is. Nor, potentially, an otter; there's lots of birds around though.

Main Cabin- Kitchen

"Yes, please." Then, Lily.

Myrim will help however she can, asking when necessary. Unfortunately, Myrim's not that sure on what's a snack and what isn't, so might pack something wrong by accident. Like the salt cellar.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Waterstrider's ears fall back just a bit, worried about how Lily might react to the situation. He reaches up with his good paw to stroke Renetta's cheek. "Up to you two. I don't mind either way."

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Infirmary

"The process won't frighten her. She's seen livestock birthed," Pansy says. She pauses a moment, trying to think how to say the next part without frightening Renetta. The truth was that it was easier and faster for animals than for halflings, and Pansy doesn't know at all how it is for Wolf-elves. "Seeing a friend in pain might be upsetting to her."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Infirmary

Waterstrider's ears fall back just a bit, worried about how Lily might react to the situation. He reaches up with his good paw to stroke Renetta's cheek. "Up to you two. I don't mind either way."
    Renetta's ears fall back as well, but not because of hos she might think Lily might feel about all this. It's because Pansy just reminded her how painful this is going to be. She takes a steadying breath. "Whatever you think is best, Pansy. I don't mind either."

24. - Top - End - #954
    Troll in the Playground

Main Kitchen

In the basket goes bread, cheese, dried sausages, a raw shoulder of mutton (well wrapped), some cooked fish (also well wrapped), cookies, fruits, and two bottles of wine, plus Myrim's additions. It takes most of this post to get it all put together.

"I'll help you carry it,"
    Tito says to Lily.

Infirmary

"I'll let her stay ten minutes, then we'll send her out till the baby is ready to have visitors,"
    Pansy says. "Just think, your own little one will be just such a rascal in a few years."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #955
    Halfling in the Playground

"I'm not stopping you." Kenneth says, holding his hands up in consent. "Um, Garret, that one there, was one of them." He points toward a pudgy dark-haired child who's currently passed out in an office chair.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-03-29 at 01:02 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Renetta laughs a little. Something about that thought just makes her feel better. "I can't wait." She puts her free hand over her belly and squeezes Waterstrider's hand with her other.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

A person's growth must be in balance. It would have been bad for you as well if you hadn't grown up, Caroline, Sophie says. People whose emotional and intellectual growth doesn't match their physical one are unbalanced.
    Caroline nods her head thoughtfully. Maybe that's why I snapped. she snaps her fingers for emphasis. And Catoline was able to come forth.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

"Why?"
    Vincent asks.

His physical traits actually grow faster than his mental ones according to his stats!

Though he has to admit, it does make some sense. Caroline was upset about not being able to grow up until it actually happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Maple Cabin]

Caroline nods her head thoughtfully. Maybe that's why I snapped. she snaps her fingers for emphasis. And Catoline was able to come forth.
    It's hard to explain. But I've met plenty of children who had to grow up too soon and adult people who never grew up properly. Both kinds of had problems. In response to Caroline, she says: That's likely, yes.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Vincent considers asking why again, but decides that joke has gone over both Sophie and Caroline's head. Oh well.

"I suppose that makes sense. But when I grow up it'll probably be a seven or eight year jump. Or whatever the elf to human equivalent of that is." Vincent decides Sophie might need that info.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #960
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Lucy doesn't seem to notice the robot as she exits the room, almost skipping on her way to exploration.

[Somewhere Outside]

What appears to be an undead nurse leaving bloody footprints in the grass emerges from Andy's room, a robot seemingly following behind her.

The nurse silently scouts the surrounding area for GloG residents, passerbys or strange happenings.

((Interaction wanted!
    And don't worry, the footprints are not in Andy's room, Lucy did not cause more to clean. ))
    [Somewhere Outside]

The robot still tries to follow. Now with that obviouse sfootprints he won't have a problem with it.

Andy's Room

Andy has ended cleaning and wiped away the sweat. Then he recives pictures from his robot. That is something he has to worry. He goes over to the deathclaw shaking it to wake him up.

"Hey! Wake Up."

He still prepares that the deathclaw might attack him.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK