New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

[In the Middle of the Lake]

-The Girl-

First comes the sound of a distant explosion, like a thunderclap rattling windows and shaking door-frames. Then silence.

Silence as a rather sizable metallic object of dull white and glossy blue descends from the sky at a pretty decent pitch only to land with a *SPLASH!* right in the middle of the lake!

Well.

That was probably the most ill-thought out invasion ever.

A good minute or two later an eight foot tall robot of color akin to the egg tromps out of the lake and onto the land, water seemingly excluded by a shimmering shield with color akin to a soap bubble. The machine sports a long mane of white cables that could perhaps serve as hair. Otherwise white robot with blue armor plating stands there in the sun, completely dry despite the dip in the lake.

Hmm... The machine looks to be unarmed. That's probably a good thing?

"Wow! This place looks pretty neat!"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-03-29 at 02:43 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

Myrim's additions include a raw egg, the salt cellar, and a packet of parsley. Unless any of that is noted, anyway. "I can help too, if you need it or want it." Myrim smiles; she wants to help.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Edge of Camp

"A small bird, an otter and a chameleon. The bird and the otter are quite fun, but the chameleon is just soo slooow." Natalie forgets that Brinika might not know what a chameleon is. Nor, potentially, an otter; there's lots of birds around though.
    Brinika's ears twitch. What's a chameleon? And an otter? She indeed has no idea what they are.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

Near The Lake

Marty was left alone. So, he wandered over to the lake. Maybe take a nap. He would most likely need his strength for the amputation. He fell asleep. He was then woken by the robot. Eep. Marty looks terrified. He barely scuffles up using a tree to lift himself. The robot might see the frightened half-elf.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"A chameleon is a small colour-changing arboreal lizard that walks really slowly and can move its eyes however it likes, whilst an otter is a furry mammal that eats fish. I could show you, if you like?" Natalie has a quick glance around to make sure there's nobody else about. She'd like to go shopping, but she doesn't know where to find any shops that would sell clothes that change with a shapeshifter. Jamie might, though.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Troll in the Playground

Main Kitchen >> Infirmary

"Thanks!" Tito says, and with Myrim's help, will carry the big heavy basket to the infirmary. Lily follows behind with her glass of water, thinking that her big brother is sometimes not too much of a butt.

"Waterstrider! Renetta! We have food!" Tito says happily when he sees them. The two welfen should easily be able to smell the contents of the basket - particularly the cooked fish and raw mutton.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

[Edge of Camp]

Um, but wouldn't you lose all your clothes? Brinika asks, concerned.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #968

[Near the Lake]

The robot is so busy taking in all the sights that she scarcely notices the horrified half-elf! "Wow, this place is incredible! Not picking up any nearby rune deposits... but the ambient magic is off the charts! What a weird planet. Blue sky, too. Weeeeeird. Plenty of native flora and fauna. Atmosphere... doesn't seem to be toxic?"

A beat.

Then a laugh.

"Ah! Here I am reading the computer read-out aloud and there isn't even anyone around! Oh sprockets, I'm so bad sometimes. I-"

Another beat as the elf is finally noticed!

"Oh! Hey there little fella. I didn't see you there,"
    then kneels down on one knee and extends a hand. "It's okay. I won't hurt you."

9. - Top - End - #969
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"I can change into my monkey to put my clothes back on, then back into my human shape. And, I don't think there's anybody around." Natalie continues to look around to make sure, though.

Infirmary

"Yes, we have food, and I helped pack!" Myrim's a green-skinned marsh goblin with long blue hair, gold-flecked green eyes and a pair of feathery gills beneath rather large pointed ears. She's wearing a green dress with a short skirt made of water weed all woven together.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

[Edge of Camp]

Oh. Well, I guess I'd like to see it, then, Brinika says uncertainly.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"OK! Otter first, then I'll do the bird and finally the chameleon, before I go back to monkey and human." As she speaks, Natalie slowly grows hair and a tail, though the tail is thicker than that of her monkey-shape and not so long. The hair is brown, rather than black, so her natural hair changes colour as it is absorbed. Her face changes shape and her limbs get shorter. When the process is complete, Natalie the otter shakes her way out of her clothes carefully, trying not to rip them. The otter is sleek, elegant and lively, bounding around and trying to nuzzle up to Brinika's hand for strokes. Her fur is quite soft, though there's likely softer (I have never handled an otter, so I'm guessing).

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

[Edge of Camp]

Awwww... Brinika gives pets to the otter-Natalie.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

Honestly...a giant robot just fell out of the sky and tries to shake your hand. You run as fast as you can. Which Marty will do. He runs back but remembers that he was resting on a tree just as he runs straight into it and flops to the floor....He's rather clumsy isn't he?

14. - Top - End - #974
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

After quite a while of stroking, Natalie's form shifts again. She gets much smaller, and her fur turns to feathers, developing a black cap, grey wings and brown sides until she's a black capped chickadee (since that's what the reference image on page 4 of the Grove is called). She makes a chick-a-dee call and flies up to perch on Brinika's shoulder. Natalie's not as good at flying as a full-time bird because she keeps trying to think about flying rather than just doing it naturally.

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

[Edge of Camp]

Brinika giggles when the little bird perches on her shoulder. She finds it kinda weird that someone normally bigger than her can now sit on her shoulder, but it's fun.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

Natalie then takes the chameleon form, growing a longer tail that automatically spirals and four feet with toes pointing in opposite directions. Her feathers shrink into scales and her eyes change, growing concentric rings in a cone-like fashion until they seem to be on telescopic stalks. Her head has changed shape again and she has teeth; she's also slightly heavier and larger but still small enough not to be uncomfortable. She starts off the same colour as the chickadee, though slowly changes to Brinika's favourite colour. Chameleons, however, change colour slowly and I'm assuming that Natalie knows Brinika's favourite colour- if not, she'll change to the same colour as Brinika's dress. One eye is staring at Caretaker whilst the other is looking at Brinika, and Natalie is slowly moving towards Brinika's arm.

17. - Top - End - #977

[Near the Lake]

The hulking machine winces when the half-elf collides with the tree.

That just looked...

Ouch...

And so the mecha scoots a bit closer as its sensors begin scanning Marty for any injury, whether existing or caused by the collision with a large immobile object.

Regardless of the result a small compartment in the machine's hand will open up and dispense a small soft something that looks like a cross between a granola bar and corn-bread. Whatever it is smells very sweet and fruity.

"Hey, ssh... It's okay. Here? Are you hungry?"

Hmm... The machine is acting as though it believes Marty to be an animal.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It's hard to explain. But I've met plenty of children who had to grow up too soon and adult people who never grew up properly. Both kinds of had problems. In response to Caroline, she says: That's likely, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Vincent considers asking why again, but decides that joke has gone over both Sophie and Caroline's head. Oh well.

"I suppose that makes sense. But when I grow up it'll probably be a seven or eight year jump. Or whatever the elf to human equivalent of that is." Vincent decides Sophie might need that info.
    Caroline quirks her head to one side. So.... are you saying Vincent should grow up?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "I'm not stopping you." Kenneth says, holding his hands up in consent. "Um, Garret, that one there, was one of them." He points toward a pudgy dark-haired child who's currently passed out in an office chair.
    Zamira nods, and goes to put a hand on Garret's shoulder to wake him up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Near the Lake]

The hulking machine winces when the half-elf collides with the tree.

That just looked...

Ouch...

And so the mecha scoots a bit closer as its sensors begin scanning Marty for any injury, whether existing or caused by the collision with a large immobile object.

Regardless of the result a small compartment in the machine's hand will open up and dispense a small soft something that looks like a cross between a granola bar and corn-bread. Whatever it is smells very sweet and fruity.

"Hey, ssh... It's okay. Here? Are you hungry?"

Hmm... The machine is acting as though it believes Marty to be an animal.
    Marty moves back clutching his now bleeding nose. Marty's left foot is very damaged. Burnt up and sickly looking. He's going to amputate it and get a prosthetic this week. The new large cut on his wrist will also be detected, along with the bloody nose. Marty whimpers in pain before making out the words, D-Don't eat m-me!

21. - Top - End - #981

[Near the Lake]

When the half elf cries out two things happen almost at once.

The first?

"What? No. Why would I eat you? That's silly."

The second?

The robot topples over onto its hind-end and exclaims, "Sprockets! You- you're sapient?"

Seems the robot has been surprised!

"Here... eerr... Hold on a moment," there then comes a pnumatic hiss as the machine's chest splits open and a small ladder unfurls! And down the ladder climbs a wee little person about two feet tall!

She's clad in a blue and white jumpsuit and has a pale blue skin tone. Her hair is stark white and pulled back into a tight pony-tail. Two little triangular ears stick out of the top of her flight helmet with velvety fur on the outside. Otherwise she looks somewhat human, though she lacks any of the curvaceousness a female human might have. Bone structure in her face is a little off though...

"There! That's way less intimidating, right?"
    she'll reach out to grab the little bit of food from her mecha's hand. "Here! Offer's still open if you want it. You can call me Blue! What's your name?"

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

Marty is completely horrified and believes he's just having another fit of insanity....his sanity tends to come and go every once in a while....So. He sitrs back down. No...y-you're n-not real.
    Just a f-figment of m-my imagination. You're j-just m-my head. Being odd. You're n-not real. Though I am h-hungry....might as w-well let my mind indulge on f-food. I am rather hungry...
    He'll accept the bread pastry thing and start nibbling on the corner. He tries to ignore his "Figment of imagination."

23. - Top - End - #983

[Lake]

The little blue person, who is apparently named Blue, rolls her eye at this display as the pastry is taken. It tastes like fruit-bread! Though identifying what fruit it is might be hard. Alien and all.

"Oh sprockets of course. I manage to make first-contact and my contact is missing a few cogs,"
    she waggles a tiny finger at Marty. "Listen here, you. I'm as real as real can be. I'm a Yordle. From the Bandal Alliance. You've probably never heard of it since I'm sure something as ground-breaking as a sapient alien race would have been reported on."

No kidding!

"Though... since those Meglings were in orbit maybe they beat us to this planet... What about Zaun? Have you heard of the Empire of Zaun?"

She sounds very interested in Marty!

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

Marty doesn't quite know if he likes the taste or not. But, he's hungry, and it's not bad. Just different. He finishes it, Wait...the w-what? You're a Y-Yodeler? Um...that's nice to know...m-maybe y-you can s-sing f-for me sometime....I h-have absolutely no idea what y-you're talking about....

25. - Top - End - #985

[Lake]

Blue gives the half-elf a confused look. "Singer...? Umm..." she then pokes at a data-pad on her wrist a few times before an expression of realization slowly crosses her face. "...oh. Oh! Ha! I guess they do sort of sound the same, don't they? No. Not a Yodeler. Yordle. It's the name of my race."

She then offers a kind, if somewhat sharp-toothed, smile.

"What about you? What's your name? And what's your kind called?"

Meanwhile!

The huge robot just sits there.

Totally inert.

Doesn't look like it'll be going anywhere without its pilot.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

Er...I'm M-Marty...h-half-elf....y-you know what that that i-is? He looks up to Blue from his sitting, slumped posture. He leans against the tree happily before he pulls out a sandwich out of his magical bag and starts munching on his lunch.

27. - Top - End - #987

[Lake]

"Half-elf, huh? Nah, never heard of them! Just us Yordles on our homeworld. Yep! Used to be Meglings there too. But the grumps up and left. Good riddance to them!"

Ugly smelly grumpy Meglings!

"Marty Marty.... Interesting name! I'll try to remember that. But no promises!"
    Blue laughs before punching something into her wrist-computer again. "M-a-r-t-ee... There! That should help. Now then!"

She puts her hands on her hips and looks the towering half-elf up and down. Easy to tower over someone who is just over two feet tall.

"That leg of yours looks like it's in pretty bad shape. Do you need someone to fix it for you? I don't know the first thing about half-elf physiology but you basically look like a vertebrate and I would LOVE to learn!"

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

Marty sighs, Um....It's g-getting fixed s-soon. I'm going to have a prosthetic. Around this w-week. Since y-you are a f-figment of m-my imagination. You c-can watch the s-surgery...If y-you must. It c-can't be that interesting. Are y-you a gnome?

29. - Top - End - #989

[Lake]

Blue just face-palms at the continued insistence that she's a hallucination. "Sprockets are you ever dense..."

Then a sigh.

Then she crosses her arms and glances off to one side. Then leans sideways a bit to look around the tree. Squints a bit.

"I'm going to find someone else to talk to. You can come with me or stay there. If you do stay there don't touch my ROFL-Stomper. That thing's dangerous and not for unauthorized personnel. Like you."

Crazy people are not cleared to pilot ROFL-Stompers.

Off Blue tromps!

She doesn't move that fast.

Her legs aren't very long.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

W-Well...I c-could answer s-some questions y-you have. I might as w-well talk to y-you while you're here. Marty tells her before she's gone too far.