New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

[Lake ==> Somewhere Else!]

Blue turns on her heel, glancing back at the maimed half-elf in a rather bemused and somewhat exasperated fashion. "Really? You're willing to talk to a poor hallucination like me? Fine! That's great. You can talk while I find other people who don't think they're crazy."

And off she goes!

Catching up with her shouldn't be that hard.

Again, short legs.

"If you want to answer a question how about this one. Are half-elves the only sapient species on this planet?"

She would bet the answer is yes. Back home they had the Meglings too. But they were closely related evolutionary cousins. There's no WAY a planet could be home to many wildly different sapient races at the same time.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

Um...N-No...we're not. There's elves, dwarves, humans, gnomes, half-elves...undead...demons....angels...there's a bunch of humanoids in The Nexus. He answers her question.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Halfling in the Playground

Main Cabin

Garrett stirs, blinking slowly. The kid is clearly still half-asleep. He's been awake for far too long. "Mm? Mom?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "And I can probably forge a sorcerous link to track him through that connection."

Zamira jumps off the table as she transforms back into human form! "It'll take a bit of work, but I can manage it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "I'm not stopping you." Kenneth says, holding his hands up in consent. "Um, Garret, that one there, was one of them." He points toward a pudgy dark-haired child who's currently passed out in an office chair.
    Zamira nods, and goes to put a hand on Garret's shoulder to wake him up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Main Cabin

Garrett stirs, blinking slowly. The kid is clearly still half-asleep. He's been awake for far too long. "Mm? Mom?"

Shrike frowns, and sighs slightly to herself, letting Zamira handle Garrett as she looks down, almost uncertainly.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #995

Main Cabin

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira shakes her head. "No, but we're going to get her back. I need your help to do that, okay?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #997

Main Room

"Hm?" Garrett says, still groggy. He doesn't seem to comprehend what she's saying. "Mmkay."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira nods, puts a hand on his shoulder, and starts... singing, in Old Ream, as the mark of the No Moon Caste, an empty silver circle, appears on her forehead.

She's trying to use Sorcery to locate the guy who stole Garret's soul (and then returned it) by using Garret as a connection.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Infirmary]

Renetta laughs a little. Something about that thought just makes her feel better. "I can't wait." She puts her free hand over her belly and squeezes Waterstrider's hand with her other.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Main Kitchen >> Infirmary

"Thanks!" Tito says, and with Myrim's help, will carry the big heavy basket to the infirmary. Lily follows behind with her glass of water, thinking that her big brother is sometimes not too much of a butt.

"Waterstrider! Renetta! We have food!" Tito says happily when he sees them. The two welfen should easily be able to smell the contents of the basket - particularly the cooked fish and raw mutton.
    Infirmary

Waterstrider smiles at the delivery before looking up at Renetta. "Do you need anything to eat, or just something to drink for now?" He asks, feeling unsure of what to do here aside from hold her paw.

10. - Top - End - #1000

Zamira nods, puts a hand on his shoulder, and starts... singing, in Old Ream, as the mark of the No Moon Caste, an empty silver circle, appears on her forehead.

She's trying to use Sorcery to locate the guy who stole Garret's soul (and then returned it) by using Garret as a connection.
    Garret's soul looks as though it's been tampered with - surgically removed, to be precise. An Attuned person can always tell when a soul's been removed - it's not meant to be, ever, and there's always some kind of feedback.

The culprit would have to be someone with intimate sorcerous knowledge. However, there's nothing to indicate who or what did it - no brand of ownership, no signature, no elder sign. No energy trail back to the original caster, either.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, but Sorcerous in terms of Exalted, or Sorcerous in terms of not-Exalted?

Zamira tries another trick, then! She tries searching out Garret's mother, using the fact that she's a blood relation as a sorcerous link.

As she does so, silver Essence starts to become visible in the air around her.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #1002

Sorcerous as in a form of magic that should be alien to Zamira, but is ultimately similar at it's foundations.

Now, the spell should prove effective - Garret's mother isn't being veiled from prying eyes. But how does Zamira intend to Search Out? A general direction? An actual location?

Kenneth, meanwhile, watches with eyes that just keep getting wider. There was little like this where he came from.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

Actual location, in this case.

Zamira continues focusing!

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #1004

Zamira might suddenly become a tunnel, and without warning, she flies to the end. She's above a roadway, a ragged path up the side of... a volcano. AMEN's volcano. The picture becomes clearer - a tall, plump woman walking the path, one in many. A whole crowd of people.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Not exactly how the spell works... but yeah, she'd get the image of AMEN.

She stops chanting and looks at Shrike. "AMEN."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Edge of Camp

Natalie then takes the chameleon form, growing a longer tail that automatically spirals and four feet with toes pointing in opposite directions. Her feathers shrink into scales and her eyes change, growing concentric rings in a cone-like fashion until they seem to be on telescopic stalks. Her head has changed shape again and she has teeth; she's also slightly heavier and larger but still small enough not to be uncomfortable. She starts off the same colour as the chickadee, though slowly changes to Brinika's favourite colour. Chameleons, however, change colour slowly and I'm assuming that Natalie knows Brinika's favourite colour- if not, she'll change to the same colour as Brinika's dress. One eye is staring at Caretaker whilst the other is looking at Brinika, and Natalie is slowly moving towards Brinika's arm.
    Brinika's favourite colour is dark purple and that also happens to be the colour of her dress. She looks at the chameleon wide-eyed. Such a cool-looking lizard.
    Ooooooooh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Maple Cabin]

Vincent considers asking why again, but decides that joke has gone over both Sophie and Caroline's head. Oh well.

"I suppose that makes sense. But when I grow up it'll probably be a seven or eight year jump. Or whatever the elf to human equivalent of that is." Vincent decides Sophie might need that info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Maple Cabin]

Caroline quirks her head to one side. So.... are you saying Vincent should grow up?

This sort of growth is better than no growth. And yes, that is what I'm saying. You're free to do whatever you want of course, but you wanted my opinion and that's what it is, Sophie says. Of course, she thinks her opinion is the perfect truth, even if she won't admit it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Main Kitchen >> Infirmary

"Thanks!" Tito says, and with Myrim's help, will carry the big heavy basket to the infirmary. Lily follows behind with her glass of water, thinking that her big brother is sometimes not too much of a butt.

"Waterstrider! Renetta! We have food!" Tito says happily when he sees them. The two welfen should easily be able to smell the contents of the basket - particularly the cooked fish and raw mutton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Infirmary

Waterstrider smiles at the delivery before looking up at Renetta. "Do you need anything to eat, or just something to drink for now?" He asks, feeling unsure of what to do here aside from hold her paw.

"Oh my dear, it's very important to eat something. You need your strength," Pansy says. Of course halflings would routinely eat during the first stage of childbirth! (And wikipedia tells me that it's not harmful for the mother, unless an emergency C-section is needed.) "And you do too, Waterstrider."

Tito looks a little nervous here, rocking a little back and forth on his feet, before he pushes over a chair and places his tiny hand on the top of Renetta's head and closes his eyes. His face red from embarrassment, but he's determined to get through with it. "May Yavanna, the Giver of Fruits, bless you and keep you in love..." he falters, unsure of the next line.

"...and bless the fruit of your body, brought forth in love..." Pansy prompts. "...and bless the fruit of your body, brought forth in love..." Tito continues.
    "...and may you and your child be a source of blessings to others. Amen." all three halflings recite the last line together.

At the end of the prayer, Tito jumps off the chair, prepared to bolt, but Lily flings her arms around him and gives him a big kiss on the cheek. To which Tito reacts by trying to push her face away and wipe the kiss off his cheek. "Eww! Yuck!"

But though he rejects the kiss immediately, a close observer might see that he briefly returns the hug, before pushing her completely off of him. He mutters something inaudible, looking at his feet, and tries to make his escape.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-03-30 at 08:01 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Well she certainly seems convicted about it.
    "K. One question though. Are you ok with murdering bad people?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #1009

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Rowan Cabin

Kate thinks about the twins as Julie puts Prism down. If they're growing faster than normal... well, she'll just have to hope they age mentally at the same rate.

"Magic baby monitor? Nice! Yeah, I'm ready." Kate stands and is ready to go.
    Rowan Cabin -> Lunch!

Julie will lead her out then, and Eric is welcome to come too. Lunch will most likely be very quiet and normal now that they've gotten all the awkward talky things out of the way.

So, I declare this scene to be handwaved and timeskipped, to avoid boring anyone. Kate can have a lovely lunch with her friend, and then go home.

And now Julie can have a bit of offscreen time to catch up with any loose timelines she's missed out on. Two days should just about do it.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

20. - Top - End - #1010

[Heading Toward the Campsite]

That reply freezes Blue in her tracks.

"...wait. What... Did you just say that there are lots of sapient species on this planet? Even more beyond the ones you just listed?"

She's shaking with excitement now.

A whole galaxy devoid of intelligent life other than themselves and then they stumble onto this one planet! This must have been where they were all hiding, ha!

"That's incredible! Unbelievable! Sprockets, I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it! A dozen or more sapient species all evolving in the same time-frame on the same world? That's... that's just unreal! Are there any of them here? Other species I mean? I've gotta meet some!"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

And, two days later, A woman-sized doll with long green hair, bright blue eyes that look creepy from the wrong angle, and a light blue dress walks smartly up to Rowan Cabin and knocks on the door.

22. - Top - End - #1012

Rowan Cabin

Rather than answer, Julie takes the more expedient route of flame-porting out of the cabin, ending up directly behind Copi.

"So you're Copi Kate then? Not exactly a sight for sore eyes are you? Let's walk and talk, alright? Don't want to wake the kids." Without waiting for a reply, Julie starts heading towards the lake.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Kids? Congratulations."

She will follow Julie. Walks are nice.

"Yes, I am Copi Kate. Not the most creative of nomenclature, but I lack any reason to change it."

'Not exactly a sight for sore eyes'? Copi wonders what that means, idly. Julie isn't happy to see her? If there is an issue, Copi will trust that Julie will come forward with it.

24. - Top - End - #1014

Rowan Cabin -> Lakeside

"I didn't expect to see or hear from you again, but Libra seems to mess with expectations like that. I don't approve of what she did to you, and if you came here looking for someone to blame, you're barking up the wrong sandbox tree." Julie's tone makes it perfectly clear what she means. If Copi has been playing nice and laying low just waiting for a shot at retribution, she's got the wrong person, and that Julie is perfectly ready to strike back in defense.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeside

"Blame?"

Copi shakes her head.

"On the scale of friendship and, by extension, love, there are a number of vague mileposts. The greatest milepost, the one where you desire to be with an individual at all times, is commonly associatd with the cultural aspect known as marriage. In the situation you were in, you were looking at spending the bulk of your time with Kate's personality in contact with your mind. your friendship with Kate was nowhere near that point, the two of you do not get along anywhere near that well. I assure you, that in a similar situation I would have done something similar if not the same thing. Blame would be ridiculous. I am here for three things: first, I wish to vent. I desire to share a bit of my experience with someone else. Second, I wish to apologize, an explanation of which will come after I vent. Thirdly, I will ask a favor. This favor will be explained after the apology."

26. - Top - End - #1016

Lakeside

Julie takes a moment to soak it all in. Copi talks like Kate thinks, all at once and without a filter. It's hard for the succubus to piece together everything that's said, but after a few seconds she has a response ready,"I would like to say that an apology isn't necessary, but knowing just how complicated venting can get, I'll withhold that for now. I will say that I preemptively accept your apology, so long as you accept mine, for putting you in that situation unintentionally. I can't say anything for the favor, but I figure I owe you one anyway, so I'll at least hear you out." Julie comes across a likely stretch of dry sand as they're walking, and gestures to it. Then she alters their course somewhat so they can go and sit on the sand while Copi replies.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeside

Copi will follow Julie, sitting down after she does.

"When Libra took me away, she took me to a void. There was not input- only Libra was there to interact with. And then, Libra disappeared. Mid-sentence, she was gone. And there was nothing. Not just darkness, or silence, nothing. And that's how it was."

She takes a breath.

"At first, I was startled, but I told myself that she would come back in a minute. She just found something more interesting to look at for a minute. She would be back. But then she wasn't. And I was scared. It was worse than the fear of the dark, or that odd fear when you suddenly realize you are alone, or anything. Over time, the fear intensified. And then I realized that I had no pulse, no heartbeat, no need to eat or drink or sleep... I realized that I was going to be alone in the void for eternity."

She takes a deep breath. "There is nothing more terrifying."

28. - Top - End - #1018

Lakeside

Julie listens, quietly, knowing that Copi can't possibly be done. The succubus knows of torturers who couldn't come up with such a powerful torment. She also knows a certain brother of hers, thankfully dead, who used to delight in doing something skin-crawlingly similar. Trapping his enemies in a moment, still conscious of their existence, yet unable to perceive the rest of reality as anything more than a sickening blur as it speeds by.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeside

"It was almost a relief when the hallucinations started. At first, they were obviously hallucinations. They had the quality of daydreams; vivid but they don't actually match what reality looks like. But... eventually I started believing them. You would rescue me, or Libra would come back, and then it would have been a hallucination. And eventually I had a moment of clarity... all I had was my mind, so my mind I would use. I would think, I would ponder, I would stimulate my own mind instead of my ind stimulating me."
    "That didn't work quite as planned. Before long, I was thinking and thinking... and in time I couldn't stop. I just thought and thought and thought... and it eventually got to the point that..."

A pause.

"that..."

She looks scared.

"I simulated universes in my mind."

"This is not hyperbole. It may not have been on a particle scale, but in time I watched universes in a variety of different flavors come, flourish, and die. In time, any question I asked, any one that approached my conscious thought, wan answered with a universe in my mind."

She leans toward Julie. "Do you know all those questions you don't want to know the answers to? All those questions that, no matter what the answer, it would be horrible? Those things that, in the deepest abyss of the mind you want to know, but they are so terrible that you never actually ponder them? I did. I lived it. I killed it. I digested it. I was digested by it. A never ending cavalcade of hallucinatory nightmares that came from me."

"In time, they stopped being horrible. In time, they just... were."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-03-30 at 01:29 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1020

Lakeside

"So you understand then, probably better than anyone else. Simulated or not, you've committed atrocities, by your own hand seen things rise and fall for nothing more than to sate your own curiosity. You understand better than I do the lengths someone can go to." Julie is drawing parallels that perhaps are better left undrawn, equating Copi's situation in the void with her own life, in some twisted way.

"How do you get those thoughts out of your head? Is just living, just being outside that void enough to keep your mind off them?"