New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

Lakeside

"No. I am enough to keep my mind off them. As the questions rushed by, eventually I came to one that brought my mind to a screeching halt. The most important question: who am I?"

"Imagine the chaos in my mind: this was not some hypothetical pondering; I had to remember. Not just facts or observations, I had to remember who I was. In time, I remembered that I used to be a girl... Kate Kyland... no, a copy of her. Remembering... I was no longer the girl I was. Nevertheless, I somehow pulled solidity out of this: a sense of self. I went on thinking for a time, never again stooping to depravity, until a voice came out of the void. We spoke. I angered her. She kicked me out."

Copi nods.

"Beyond that, I have had my body re-made and met a few people. The events after I was released from the void are not of concern to us at this point in time; what I wanted to tell you was what I went through in the void."

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lakeside

"You've done a good job of that. I'm glad, for whatever reason, you were able to start again. I wouldn't put anyone through that." Julie's lying to herself, but she's doing such a good job of it that she believes it. It's easy to say now, when her urges are so dulled by keeping busy, that she'd never do something so heinous. In the moments before she goes to sleep though, she knows herself better than that.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeside

Copi nods. "The second matter, the apology, is more straightforward. While I now realize, clear as day, that it is not your fault in any way, shape, or form, in the time while I was insane I did not have the clarity of thought to realize this. As a result, there was a length of time, I'm not sue how long, where I did blame you. I realize any effects this might have upon you are minimal, and that I was not myself-or who I used to be, or much of anyone-at the time, but I am sorry nonetheless, and apologize."

4. - Top - End - #1024

Lakeside

"Blaming someone in your own thoughts isn't cause for an apology, but I've already accepted it, so we can move on to the important parts. What is this favor you wanted?" This really is the important part. Copi could have vented to any number of people, or even written a note instead of meeting face to face, but a favor is something she needs, most likely from Julie specifically.

It's, in Julie's opinion, the whole reason she's here.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeside

"Julie, I want you to tell Kate I exist."

Oh, that's easy. In fact, that's already done!

"And I want you to share the story with her, so she knows what I went through. You don't have to be as verbose as I was, or as detailed as I was, but Kate must know what it is I've gone through. The truth, the whole truth."

A long pause.

"And then... tell her I would like to meet her."

She says that with an odd hesitation, as if she's not entirely sure if she wants it to actually happen.

6. - Top - End - #1026

Lakeside

Julie looks at Copi from the corner of her eye oddly. Is the succubus judging her? Mocking her?

A slow smile tugs at the corners of her mouth, and Julie flops back onto the sand with her hands cupped behind her head, crossing her legs casually.

"Is that really all? She was so worried about you, when I first told her you existed. Worried you were crying yourself to sleep in distress when I let slip you were acting crazy to Wally. The only reason I didn't tell her everything is that I didn't feel it was her place to know, without asking your permission first.

And here you go and give it without me even needing to ask. You're still more alike to each other than twins, you know? Same concerns, same methods."
    Julie stares up into the afternoon sky, eyes trailing after a slowly moving cloud as she speaks.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeside

Hmm.

"Well, then, the task is made a bit easier, isn't it? You still have to tell her what I went through, but the initial shock over my existence should have worn down a bit by now."

Although she doesn't say it, the thought that Kate cares for her... is worried about her... this comforts Copi a bit. She's not happy that Kate's worried, but the thought that Kate already cares for her is oddly comforting.

"Julie... I realized that I said that I only had three things for you, but... please? How is Kate doing? Has she procured a new job?"

8. - Top - End - #1028

Lakeside

Julie still doesn't look back at Copi, just staring up at the clouds, "She's fine. She was offered a position here, but found something else instead. She did manage to forget her own birthday though. I'll- we'll have to make sure she doesn't forget it next year.

There are another few people that said they'd come over to meet me today. I still have some time, if you have any more questions."
    Julie feels oddly comfortable talking with Copi, for more reasons than one. Her story has shown Julie that it's possible to work past the urge to pounce on every notion, no matter how horrible. There's a brief moment of doubt, where the succubus suspects Copi may be lying to her, but it's unimportant.

There's hope, right? If this twisted and warped aspect of Kate can be put through what she has and come out the other side, Julie's problems with morality and impulse don't seem quite so bad.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeside

Questions...

Can we be friends? Can I meet your children? Or... oh, wait...

"How are we going to stay in contact? I have neither a phone nor reliable internet access, so I'm not sure how we are to go about arranging a meeting, if Kate wants one. I've thought about this a bit, but none of the options I've thought of would work very well."

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Maple Cabin]

Well she certainly seems convicted about it.
    "K. One question though. Are you ok with murdering bad people?"
    Sophie scowls. No. It's sometimes unavoidable, but I'm never "ok" with it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #1031

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Lakeside

Questions...

Can we be friends? Can I meet your children? Or... oh, wait...

"How are we going to stay in contact? I have neither a phone nor reliable internet access, so I'm not sure how we are to go about arranging a meeting, if Kate wants one. I've thought about this a bit, but none of the options I've thought of would work very well."
    Lakeside

Julie reaches into the front of her shirt negligently and pulls out a bit of white paper that she tears in half, offering one half to Copi.

"It's magician's paper, a neat little parlor trick. If you burn your half, mine will burn too, and I'll know you want to meet me. It works vice versa as well. How about, if either of us wants to get into contact, we burn our half, and then both meet at the fountain in Mallside as soon as we can, alright? It's a bit more primitive than a phone, but much less expensive too. Other than that, you could always write me a letter, since you know my address. Nexus has some amazing snail-mail."

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Troll in the Playground

{Maple Cabin}

Caroline just stands back, head in hand, shaking it no.

She looks up at Sophie. But defeating the antagonists is always a good thing, right? she nods her head yes.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-03-30 at 03:34 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

{Maple Cabin}

Vincent peers at Sophie for an answer. This question is vital!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lakeside

Copi takes the piece of paper. That's useful. "Very nice. Agreed, we will meet at the fountain in Mallside when the paper is burned."

Copi will then stand up. "Thank you, Julie."

Unless Julie does or says something to stop her, Copi will then make her way straight for the edge of camp and leave.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Sophie shakes her head.
    That depends on what you mean by "defeating". My goal is always to save those who can be saved. Sometimes it just means the victims of a monster, but quite often the moster itself also needs saving. It's not good to adopt a narrow, simplistic view.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #1036

Lakeside

Rather than stop her, Julie gives a cheerful wave as she leaves, not bothering to get up.

A few minutes later, she stands, and walks back to her cabin to check on the girls before Cessie and Sakura arrive.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Vincent frowns at Sophie. Everyone here was crazy! No wonder they liked that doctor guy.

"Well I think that's everything." He says, looking to Caroline in case she has anything else to add.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Heading Toward the Campsite]

That reply freezes Blue in her tracks.

"...wait. What... Did you just say that there are lots of sapient species on this planet? Even more beyond the ones you just listed?"

She's shaking with excitement now.

A whole galaxy devoid of intelligent life other than themselves and then they stumble onto this one planet! This must have been where they were all hiding, ha!

"That's incredible! Unbelievable! Sprockets, I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it! A dozen or more sapient species all evolving in the same time-frame on the same world? That's... that's just unreal! Are there any of them here? Other species I mean? I've gotta meet some!"
    Er...You are an odd h-hallucination....I m-must h-have eaten s-something....And y-yes. There is. Some are l-like me....patients of a s-sort...I think. Then there are the caretakers h-here. This is a r-rehabilitation center. I'll t-take y-you to the main c-cabin...If y-you'd like. He'll get up and lead her there.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

Natalie picks up on Brinika's admiration and chooses to remain in this form longer. Her eyes dart about looking for an insect. When one is spotted, preferably in front of Brinika, the chameleon eyes lock onto it before a very long, sticky tongue is shot out to grab the insect and retract it into Natalie's mouth. One of her eyes will dart back to Brinika's face to see her reaction.

At this point, I remember that when in Underside, Natalie was willing to eat invertebrates and it was established that insects are a common food on her homeworld.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

20. - Top - End - #1040

[To the Main Cabin?]

Blue rolls her eyes again. And aims to deliver a playful punch to the half-elf's shin as he passes. "I told you I'm not a hallucination you silly nubuck! But sure, show me the way! The sooner I meet some more people the better! Oooo, maybe they'll let me run some tests! That would be great!"

Because people just LOVE having aliens test their anatomy!

That's always so much fun!

And the prodding and probing and bright lights and paralyzing hypnotic stuff!

Don't forget the implantation of tracking devices!

Those are the best.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Infirmary

"Oh my dear, it's very important to eat something. You need your strength," Pansy says. Of course halflings would routinely eat during the first stage of childbirth! (And wikipedia tells me that it's not harmful for the mother, unless an emergency C-section is needed.) "And you do too, Waterstrider."

Tito looks a little nervous here, rocking a little back and forth on his feet, before he pushes over a chair and places his tiny hand on the top of Renetta's head and closes his eyes. His face red from embarrassment, but he's determined to get through with it. "May Yavanna, the Giver of Fruits, bless you and keep you in love..." he falters, unsure of the next line.

"...and bless the fruit of your body, brought forth in love..." Pansy prompts. "...and bless the fruit of your body, brought forth in love..." Tito continues.
    "...and may you and your child be a source of blessings to others. Amen." all three halflings recite the last line together.

At the end of the prayer, Tito jumps off the chair, prepared to bolt, but Lily flings her arms around him and gives him a big kiss on the cheek. To which Tito reacts by trying to push her face away and wipe the kiss off his cheek. "Eww! Yuck!"

But though he rejects the kiss immediately, a close observer might see that he briefly returns the hug, before pushing her completely off of him. He mutters something inaudible, looking at his feet, and tries to make his escape.
    "Thank you, Tito. That was very nice." Renetta says before he flees. "And you two, too." She smiles happily, remembering to not do it by bearing her teeth this time. *nodnod*

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

To The Cabin!

Marty leads the way. Then he stops, Hmm....You certainly s-seem more realistic than m-my past hallucinations...I m-must be g-getting worse..... He keeps walking now and knocks on the main cabin door.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

"May the Marsh Mother grant you many happy... Young." Myrim doesn't know the word for young welfen, and the word for baby goblin isn't appropriate. Since they aren't goblins.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Troll in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Sophie shakes her head.
    That depends on what you mean by "defeating". My goal is always to save those who can be saved. Sometimes it just means the victims of a monster, but quite often the moster itself also needs saving. It's not good to adopt a narrow, simplistic view.
    Caroline frowns at Sophie, the question she wants to ask visible on her face, "Why?? Why didn't you just say 'Yes.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Vincent frowns at Sophie. Everyone here was crazy! No wonder they liked that doctor guy.

"Well I think that's everything." He says, looking to Caroline in case she has anything else to add.
    Come on, Vincent. I'm sure we can find someone sane to help us.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

25. - Top - End - #1045

Rebo returns from watching movie!

And now on with the show.

*ahem*

Yeah.

Knocking on a door.

No one answering.

Blue wrinkles her nose at said door before looking over at the half-elf. "Are you sure there's anyone in there? Because you've been knocking for a while now."

Maybe he should just open the door?

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Halfling in the Playground

[And just outside the main cabin...]

Shrimp decided to do something!

Ithuriel's been, uh, flying around and stuff...

And decides to drop down and say hello!

The angel lands and walks over, taking a moment to flick her hair out of her face and adjust her hood. She's wearing a simple white robe and sandals, and that's it.

"...I don't think the door is locked."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

27. - Top - End - #1047

[Outside the Cabin!]

Suddenly angel!

Blue jumps a bit as this new person suddenly lands and starts talking! "Sprockets you startled me!" she exclaims before turning around and- "...woah."

"Can you really... There's no way-"

Without really thinking about it the two-foot tall blue person reaches out to poke at the angel's wings!

Only to suddenly pull her hand back and bite her lip.

"Eerr... Umm... Is it okay if I touch them? They're just like gnubj wings..."

Whatever a gnubj is. Maybe it's like a bird?

"But only two of them. And no tail."

Or maybe not?

28. - Top - End - #1048

[Outside the Cabin]

With an amused smile, Ithuriel nods and kneels down so Blue can feel more of the wings, if she so wishes. "I can't say I know what a gnubj is, but feel free to touch them. Try not to be too rough though."

Ithuriel tilts her head slightly, peering closely at the small blue person, fascination in her eyes...

"I take it you are quite new to the Nexus then? There's a lot of unusual things here. I'm nothing particularly unusual really. I mean...I don't think there are many angels in the Nexus at the moment, but most people know what an angel is."
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2012-03-30 at 10:33 PM.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

29. - Top - End - #1049

[Outside the Cabin]

"Oh pistons and crank-shafts this is so exciting!"
    Blue practically squeals with delight as she runs her little hands through the feathers. Should she get any feather fluff on her fingers she'll feed the bit of down into that wrist-mounted computer of her's to get a reading on what it's made of.

Because SCIENCE!

This close it's apparent that her eyes are... strange. They're almost all a deep jade-green with no whites visible at all. In place of a round pupil (or even a slit one) there's instead a three-part pupil that neatly splits her iris into thirds. And in each of those thirds one will find a little black dot that always seems to be facing directly toward the observer.

Ever looked into a praying mantis' eyes? Rather akin to that.

Kinda odd regardless.

"I don't know what an angel is!"
    Blue pipes up. "All sorts of new species to learn about. Oooh, I can hardly contain myself! Are you male or female? Oh! Or a tamale? Maybe a larvae? Ha! Your species might even have more sexes than that... Or-"

She wrinkles her nose.

"Maybe less?"

Then the little Yordle thwacks herself in the forehead. "Gah! Manners! You can call me Blue."

30. - Top - End - #1050

[Outside the Cabin...]

Ithuriel giggles slightly as Blue gets all carried away and stuff. There's something sort of adorable about it. Plus it's such a nice change to the reactions she used to get...once upon a time.

The fear in their eyes...

Blue won't obtain any feather fluff, however. Ithuriel's wings don't really seem all that fluffy. Rather smooth, really, soft and smooth. Blue's eyes don't really bother the angel, she's seen worse, but they are interesting and unusual all the same.

"Ah...I'm female. Uh, I take it your kind's genders must be very different then? Most species here only have male and female, and the differences between the two are generally quite common..." The angel tails off there, not really sure how to explain the differences without feeling rather awkward.

"It's nice to meet you, Blue. My name is Ithuriel. And an angel is, um, a servant of a god, to put it simply."