New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

[Outside the Cabin]

"Wait... Only two?" Blue replies, her tone of disbelief. "Really...? How do you even..."

She shakes her head.

"No, never mind. I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out eventually without embarrassing you with questions like that!"

At least she seems to be having fun with all of this. She points to herself. "I'm a Yordle. A female one! Hehe, though probably not female like you are. And... uuhh... you serve... A god?" Blue wrinkles her nose at that word. Doesn't seem to understand it. "Is that like... a political leader of some kind? My translator is having trouble with it."

She glances over at the male half elf. "That one thinks I'm a hallucination. Is she a she or is he a he?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Halfling in the Playground

[Outside the Cabin]

"I'd appreciate that. I think once you've seen a few males and females you should be able to figure out the more obvious differences rather easily..." And Ithuriel will leave it at that. Minimal embarrassment.

"The man who thinks you're a hallucination would be, um, a man. He's male." Must be someone else who's rather new to the Nexus. You soon learn to just accept whatever you see and not question it too much...

"Gods are, um...they're kind of complicated. They're sort of...extremely powerful beings. I can't claim to know the details exactly, but there's sort of a clear difference between a god and everything else, and it's not really easy to become one. They, well, they tend to embody certain beliefs or feelings or something, you may have a god of love, or war, or the sun...just about anything. And here in the Nexus it all gets very complicated with lots of people who follow lots of different gods mingling together, meaning you can have dozens of gods that do the same thing and-"

The angel pauses.

"Uh, sorry. Um, they're very powerful, lots of people worship them, and angels are one of the most commons types of servant of a god. You probably won't meet one. They don't tend to mingle with mortals...well, most of them don't."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #1053

[Outside the Cabin]

Okay.

That guy is male. This lady is female. He's a halfelf. She's an angel. He's crazy. She serves something called a god.

Got it.

Blue is immediately taking various mental notes of the appearance differences between the two. Angel has wings. Halfelf doesn't. Is that a male/female difference? Or a difference between their species?

Probably species. Differing numbers of limbs between males and females is pretty uncommon. Especially in vertebrates. And these critters totally have vertebrate physiology. If they were arthropods? Sometimes wings make all the difference between males and females!

Then god explanations!

"So... A god is like... A personified force or concept? Or even a personified object? That's really strange,"
    Blue replies, knitting her brow as she ponders this very odd idea. "I... think there might be things from the Void sort of like that. But those things are so chaotic in their composition that you can't ever really know for sure."

4. - Top - End - #1054

[Outside the Cabin]

"Hmm, personification is perhaps a bit too far. It's...it's really not an easy thing to define. I imagine if you were to ask a dozen different people who worship a dozen different gods, you'd get a dozen different answers. I suppose the simplest way to think of it is that anyone worshiped by many others is probably a god, and beyond that it can get a bit vague really."

Yeah...this isn't at all confusing, is it?

"I...suppose you don't have religions then, do you? All gods have their followers, and they'll build churches or temples, buildings to worship their god in. They'll often have certain beliefs, and laws they follow, as dictated by their god. It serves as a way for like-minded people to gather together and unite by following a being that best suits their outlook on life, I guess. I never really bothered with that stuff before I was an angel. I was chosen by my god, for whatever reason, and so I devoted my life to him...to repay him for the gift he gave to me."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #1055

[Outside the Cabin]

Blue just grins impishly to all that!

"I have no idea what you're talking about! But it sounds really fascinating. And it sounds like these god-things are really important to the functioning of your culture! I... heh..."
    she fiddles with a pebble on the ground, pushing it about with her foot. "I'm a xenobiologist. I don't know much about sociology. I haven't ever needed to! This is the first time we've run into other life that's actually sapient. Usually I just study plant-like critters that stick to rocks. Sometimes I get something really exciting and animal-like. But this place?"

She gestures at the Nexus in general.

"This place is something else, let me tell you! I can't wait to see everyone's faces when I give my report on it!"

A beat.

"Though... we're probably going to need to build a new ship since our old one got shot down..."

6. - Top - End - #1056

[Outside the Cabin]

"...ah yes. Heh, your story is...all too familiar, I'm sad to say. Many people who come to the Nexus did not actually intend to come here."

Ithuriel did, as it happens. A relatively rare exception.

"This, uh, this place is not normal. It's sort of connected to everywhere, somehow. People from all sorts of places end up here, in all sorts of ways. Some never find their way back home, some go back and forth with ease, and so on."

Of course, being an angel, Ithuriel goes back up to the heavens and all that, but she's skipping over that for now. Let's not overload the poor Yordle with information, hmm?

"So, um, it's entirely possible that your world is connected to here too, somehow. But I wouldn't count on getting back that way. Stray too far from the Nexus and you could end up just about everywhere. Even time behaves funny here. There's this thing called deadtime where people just sort of end up stuck...frozen where they are, impossible to interact with..."

Ithuriel points at the hallucinating half-elf.

"He's stuck in it right now. Weird, isn't it? There's nowhere else really like this place...it's like someone decided to throw a little bit of everything together and see what happened."

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Cabin

Marty had been busying himself by thinking how the clouds resembled shapes. He's trying not to realize that his "hallucinations" are talking to someone...or maybe the angel was just another hallucination. He could never really tell. He hoped Vidalia wasn't though...or that nice little girl...what was her name. Oh! Jamie. And Prism, Shade, Elkie...the people he could truly call friends. Oh, and Bellan. He hoped they weren't imaginary...maybe everything was. Either way, Marty was content to let his hallucinations work their way through....being hallucinations I guess. He speaks to the angel, Hm....Y-You remind m-me of P-Prism...that's p-probably why I r-remember y-you...Though Blue doesn't seem to be based on much...why can I n-never have a moderately interesting hallucination...or maybe one that doesn't involve r-robots faalling out of the s-sky....

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Maple Cabin]

Caroline frowns at Sophie, the question she wants to ask visible on her face, "Why?? Why didn't you just say 'Yes.'"

Come on, Vincent. I'm sure we can find someone sane to help us.
    [Maple Cabin]

Foolish Sophie, not paying attention.

"I dunno. I think this where they shove all the crazies..." Vincent says, following Caroline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #1059

[Outside the Cabin]

The crazy elf is given a crazy look!

Craaaaaazy!

Boy is this guy ever out of touch with reality! Thankfully everyone on this planet isn't like this. If they were it would leave Blue wondering how they managed to evolve without getting eaten. Being unsure if a predator is real or not is a great way to get nommed.

"Not connected to our world,"
    Blue corrects. "Maybe connected to this world we crashed on though. It, heh, it isn't my specialty. But this Nexus you're describing? That sounds an awful lot like a Heimerdinger/Roflburg Swirl. It's a theoretical state of space where multiple 3-branes get twisted together," Blue makes twisty motions with her little hands. "Green would probably be able to explain it better than me. He's the one into the physics. I just deal with the plants and animals."

Everyone is taking turns talking incomprehensible nonsense today!

Blue glances at the half-elf again.

Then aims to punch him in the shin. "I'm not a hallucination, lug-nuts for brains!"

10. - Top - End - #1060

[Outside the Cabin]

"...wow. Uh, yeah, sir, I think you're in the wrong place. You, um, need a psychiatrist or something if you think everyone is a hallucination."

The angel really isn't sure what to make of being thought of as a hallucination.

She's pretty sure she doesn't like it though.

"If the Nexus is what it appears to be, then it'll be connected to your world, and the world you crashed on, and everywhere else. It's...kind of confusing like that."

The rest of what Blue says goes straight over Ithuriel's head. She doesn't know what physics is, but it sounds complicated.

"Green? So there's more of you? Um...are you all colour-coded like that? I don't mean to offend, just kind of...unusual names...for around here anyway."

11. - Top - End - #1061

[Outside the Cabin]

Sort of like how Blue doesn't know the first thing about worship and gods!

Apparently such things simply don't exist where she's from, whether real or imagined. How very unusual.

Anywho!

"Nah. My real name isn't Blue. That's a code-name of sorts for my team. We aren't supposed to give out our actual names since anyone we run into would either be a civilian or enemy Meglings."

A sour face is made at the mention of Meglings.

Filthy Meglings!

"It might be fine if I told you... But I should probably clear it with Red first since he's in charge."

12. - Top - End - #1062

[Outside the Cabin]

"...that's an odd definition of civilian you have there. The Nexus is kind of a dangerous place. The way it sorta randomly draws things in everywhere means a lot of unpleasant things get dumped in here too. And there's various people who've tried to take it over and armies that have waged war over it...and so on. There's even an organization of evil people...but they're generally too incompetent to be that dangerous."

The angel herself looks completely unarmed...and has no obvious protective clothing of any sort...

"Basically, everyone here is either capable of defending themselves, or knows people capable of defending themselves. Generally we're all far less defenseless than your average civilian."

There's all those NPCs, but...they don't count.

"Also, the Remnant, as they're called, the ones in charge of the major city, Inside, and the surrounding territory, might get rather annoyed if you started calling their troops civilians."

The angel smiles, amused by it all.

"But then I guess you weren't really expecting to encounter anything like this. But, uh, yeah, people in general might get annoyed at being called civilians, because by and large the people who live here have to be capable of defending themselves...kind of doesn't fit with the usual picture of a helpless person running for cover at the first sign of danger, does it?"

13. - Top - End - #1063

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Andy's Room

Andy has ended cleaning and wiped away the sweat. Then he recives pictures from his robot. That is something he has to worry. He goes over to the deathclaw shaking it to wake him up.

"Hey! Wake Up."

He still prepares that the deathclaw might attack him.
    Andy's Room
    Bill wakes up!
    "Raaaaaaar?"*
    *What?
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Edge of Camp

Natalie picks up on Brinika's admiration and chooses to remain in this form longer. Her eyes dart about looking for an insect. When one is spotted, preferably in front of Brinika, the chameleon eyes lock onto it before a very long, sticky tongue is shot out to grab the insect and retract it into Natalie's mouth. One of her eyes will dart back to Brinika's face to see her reaction.

At this point, I remember that when in Underside, Natalie was willing to eat invertebrates and it was established that insects are a common food on her homeworld.
    Brinika's eyes go wide and her ears twitch. Eating bugs is one thing, but eating raw bugs straight out of the air is kinda weird. Still, Brinika is impressed by Natalie's method of catching the insect. Cool.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Cabin

Marty looks over at Blue, So....wait. You...You're not an illusion?!

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Andy's Room
    Bill wakes up!
    "Raaaaaaar?"*
    *What?
    Andy's Room

Andy can't really say what he said, but he assumes he askes what's up. He points at the translater in front of him.

"I'm done with the translator, but I more worry about your friend. She seem to leave bloody footprints behind her."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #1067

[Outside the Cabin]

The half-elf is provided with a rather cheeky grin! "Hehe! That's what I've been trying to tell you the past ten minutes you silly nubuck! But you don't seem to listen very well."

What the hell is a nubuck, anyway?

Then the angel's comment is regarded.

"Ah, well. We weren't expecting to find anyone here yet. And the protocol for meeting alien races isn't exactly spelled out since we never expected to actually meet any."

Makes sense.

"But when I said civilians I meant civilian Yordles. Not civilian angels or halfelfs or whatever else we might meet here."

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

[spoiler]
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Main Cabin

Garrett stirs, blinking slowly. The kid is clearly still half-asleep. He's been awake for far too long. "Mm? Mom?"
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Zamira shakes her head. "No, but we're going to get her back. I need your help to do that, okay?"
    Main Room

"Hm?" Garrett says, still groggy. He doesn't seem to comprehend what she's saying. "Mmkay."
    Zamira nods, puts a hand on his shoulder, and starts... singing, in Old Ream, as the mark of the No Moon Caste, an empty silver circle, appears on her forehead.

She's trying to use Sorcery to locate the guy who stole Garret's soul (and then returned it) by using Garret as a connection.
    Garret's soul looks as though it's been tampered with - surgically removed, to be precise. An Attuned person can always tell when a soul's been removed - it's not meant to be, ever, and there's always some kind of feedback.

The culprit would have to be someone with intimate sorcerous knowledge. However, there's nothing to indicate who or what did it - no brand of ownership, no signature, no elder sign. No energy trail back to the original caster, either.
    Sorcerous as in a form of magic that should be alien to Zamira, but is ultimately similar at it's foundations.

Now, the spell should prove effective - Garret's mother isn't being veiled from prying eyes. But how does Zamira intend to Search Out? A general direction? An actual location?

Kenneth, meanwhile, watches with eyes that just keep getting wider. There was little like this where he came from.
    Actual location, in this case.

Zamira continues focusing!
    Zamira might suddenly become a tunnel, and without warning, she flies to the end. She's above a roadway, a ragged path up the side of... a volcano. AMEN's volcano. The picture becomes clearer - a tall, plump woman walking the path, one in many. A whole crowd of people.
    Not exactly how the spell works... but yeah, she'd get the image of AMEN.

She stops chanting and looks at Shrike. "AMEN."
    [/color]

Shrike looks up from her wool-gathering, cracking her knuckles.
    "Let's ride."

====

[Infirmary]

Quinn, meanwhile, is here doing paperwork...
    When suddenly she starts.
    Gasps.
    ...then tries to mentally call for Tobias as she makes her way over to an Infirmary bed.

It seems it's time for her to give birth!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside Cabin

Marty blushes deeply now at being so embarrassed. He mumbles, Oh....

20. - Top - End - #1070

Andy's Room
    At that Bill becomes quite concerned!
    So he runs after Lucy!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira frowns. "...I think we need extra help, if AMEN's involved."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #1072

Main Cabin

"What's AMEN?" Kenneth pipes up, obviously oblivious. "Did it, um, take our parents?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"AMEN is the Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious," Shrike explains. "And one of their members could well be involved.

...as for backup, if Tobias can blow up part of the place on his own, I think we can handle this."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira frowns. "Still... let's be careful about it, then. Neither of us are exactly suited to outright assault on the base."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #1075

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Outside the Cabin]

The half-elf is provided with a rather cheeky grin! "Hehe! That's what I've been trying to tell you the past ten minutes you silly nubuck! But you don't seem to listen very well."

What the hell is a nubuck, anyway?

Then the angel's comment is regarded.

"Ah, well. We weren't expecting to find anyone here yet. And the protocol for meeting alien races isn't exactly spelled out since we never expected to actually meet any."

Makes sense.

"But when I said civilians I meant civilian Yordles. Not civilian angels or halfelfs or whatever else we might meet here."
    "Well, it does kind of suck to be thrown in the deep end like this, I guess, though I imagine you're going to enjoy seeing all the different types of alien we have around here..."

Ithuriel grins, it's funny being thought of as an alien!

"Oh, but you said you crashed...do you know where the rest of your group is then? Wouldn't be good if you're all separated from each other..."

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Andy's Room
    At that Bill becomes quite concerned!
    So he runs after Lucy!
    The bloody footprints should be easily noticeable by the Deathclaw, marking a clear line towards the forest. If it wasn't obvious that Lucy must have moved on her own accord to get out, it would almost look as if she had been dragged by something, or dragged her feet as if in some manner of trance.

Just as Bill should notice this, a white-dressed figure becomes visible from behind one of the distant trees, falling quite violently as if something had attacked it.
    It disappears too quickly to be seen clearly, but it could very well be the nurse!

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Andy's Room

Andy can't really say what he said, but he assumes he askes what's up. He points at the translater in front of him.

"I'm done with the translator, but I more worry about your friend. She seem to leave bloody footprints behind her."
    If Andy returns to the monitor, the robot should still be following Lucy. However, a strong white noise might disturb the signal. But even if not, a strong gust of wind seem to have blown about fallen leaves and paper, one piece flying straight for the robot's camera.

It's almost as if it is attempting to obscure it's view.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

27. - Top - End - #1077

Maple Cabin

((This would be two days after Sophie visited Rowan Cabin, so it shouldn't interact with Vincent's scene.))

Julie, after stopping to check on her children just after her meeting with Copi, has come to Maple Cabin to chat with Sophie, and see how that alternate treatment is progressing.

And perhaps gossip a bit, who knows? The succubus raps smartly on the door.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

After a while, Sophie opens the door and smiles warmly. Oh, hi Julie. How are the kids?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

29. - Top - End - #1079

Maple Cabin

Julie responds with arms outstretched, attempting to hug Sophie briefly, "They're doing wonderfully, and growing fast. You should stop by more often and see them. Can I come in?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Sophie hugs Julie back quickly and steps aside. Of course, come on in. Once she's inside, Sophie will lead Julie to her room.