New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

Maple Cabin

Julie follows Sophie to her room, looking about as she goes. Homey.

"There's so much to talk about, I'm not even sure where to start. I guess I'll start with the least important thing first. You and Pansy were talking about something when I came in two days ago, but I only caught the last half of the conversation, mind if I ask what it was?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Sophie's room is rather nicely furnished and decorated, with pictures on the walls, flowers at the table and such. It's all simple but tasteful.
    Pansy wanted to turn one of the cabins into a nursery for all the babies. I think she went ahead and did it, or at least started doing it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of the Camp

Natalie-chameleon nods her head slightly in response to Brinika's response. She also slowly changes colour to light green. It's as fast as she can, though.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #1084

Maple Cabin

"Oh wow, that's very thoughtful of her. I'll have to go thank her later, somehow." A staffed nursery would mean she'd finally be able to leave the campground on occasion, maybe have a night out with Eric if she could scrape some funds together.

"There's something important I wanted to ask you, but first, how is that treatment you've been looking into going? I-..." Julie takes a deep breath, coming close to burying her head in her hands, "It's not getting any easier to stay neat and tidy Sophie. I'm not saying I've hit my limit yet, but every day I'm getting closer to snapping and doing something we'd all regret."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Sophie nods and starts speaking in a calm, level tone that she hopes will inspire confidence in Julie.
    I've asked around, exchanged experiences and notes... I think I have what I need to try this alternate treatment. If it works, and I hope it does, it should "fool" your addiction, making you feel as though you'd performed the acts you need.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #1086

Maple Cabin

"That sounds promising. Any chance of it failing though? I don't think it would be pleasant for anyone if what you're trying just suddenly collapsed." Julie tries to smile to offset the roiling waves of nervousness she's feeling, but it doesn't come out exactly right.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Sophie sighs. We need to be prepared that it might fail. The Hunters' abilities are largely unexplored and not analyzed. But I think it has a good chance of working.

[Edge of Camp]

Brinika watches the chameleon change colour once again, fascinated. She's never seen an animal that could do it.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of the Camp

When Natalie's back to green, she changes shape into the bird. It's a bit like watching evolution in progress, but birds are descended from archosaurs which survive today as both birds and crocodilians. Lizards and snakes took a different path way back before the Triassic.

When Natalie is back to a black-capped chickadee, she flies to where her clothes lie on the floor and steadily grows into a spider monkey which will hurriedly put the clothes on.

9. - Top - End - #1089

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Maple Cabin]

Sophie sighs. We need to be prepared that it might fail. The Hunters' abilities are largely unexplored and not analyzed. But I think it has a good chance of working.
    Maple Cabin

Julie sighs, "Well, I already agreed to try it, and I don't have many other options since this place doesn't seem to be big on conventional treatment." She hasn't seen hide nor hair of a psychiatrist around, and she assumes there's a good reason for that.

"How soon do you think we can get started on this then?"

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

We can start whenever you feel ready, Sophie says. If you want, I can explain what it's going to involve right now.

[Edge of Camp]

Brinika waits for Natalie to finish getting dressed patiently.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

When she's dressed, Natalie turns back into her human shape. "So? Which did you like most?" Natalie currently prefers the otter, as she can carry clothes as an otter though not wear them.

12. - Top - End - #1092

[Maple Cabin]

We can start whenever you feel ready, Sophie says. If you want, I can explain what it's going to involve right now.
    Maple Cabin

"I have a bit of time later on tonight, if you'd like to get started then. I'm having friends over for supper. There's still time to explain it though, if you'd like."

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

We'll start later then. For now... the method relies on finding a strong enough positive, human emotion the supernatural addict has and using it to drown out the addiction, so to speak. In your case, I think your feelings for your children and their father will be enough. We'll need to find some sort of physical object that ties into them and symbolizes them, then I'll try to use my gift to create a mystic link of sorts... if everything goes right, then every time you feel the compulsion to do evil you'll instead take that item and concentrate on the feelings you associate with it, which will ease the urge, Sophie explains. It's been used on vampires and dream-stealing Fae by other Hunters with some success, or so I've heard.

[Edge of Camp]

Brinika's ears twitch. Um, I'm not sure. They all looked cool. But I liked the colour-changing lizard the best, I think.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"Really? The eyes are cool; I wish I could do that with my eyes all the time. But it's really slow, and I have a monkey for climbing. I like the freedom of flying; I need not fear falling any more, though the monkey cured my fear of heights, and the otter's big enough to take clothes. Flying like a bird must be loads of fun for a person.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"AMEN is the Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious," Shrike explains. "And one of their members could well be involved.

...as for backup, if Tobias can blow up part of the place on his own, I think we can handle this."

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Zamira frowns. "Still... let's be careful about it, then. Neither of us are exactly suited to outright assault on the base."
    "Um. Okay." Kenneth eyes the two Exalts curiously.

Then, out of the blue, Raira speaks up. She looked like she was falling asleep for a few minutes there. "So you guys are like superheroes?"

((Also, *pokes BR over to Erin's in Mallside*. Got a customer))
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-01 at 07:15 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    The bloody footprints should be easily noticeable by the Deathclaw, marking a clear line towards the forest. If it wasn't obvious that Lucy must have moved on her own accord to get out, it would almost look as if she had been dragged by something, or dragged her feet as if in some manner of trance.

Just as Bill should notice this, a white-dressed figure becomes visible from behind one of the distant trees, falling quite violently as if something had attacked it.
    It disappears too quickly to be seen clearly, but it could very well be the nurse!

If Andy returns to the monitor, the robot should still be following Lucy. However, a strong white noise might disturb the signal. But even if not, a strong gust of wind seem to have blown about fallen leaves and paper, one piece flying straight for the robot's camera.

It's almost as if it is attempting to obscure it's view.
    [Andy's Room] -> [Somewhere else]

There is no monitor he needs to look. Andy is a cyborg. That's also the cause he didn't fall asleep like Bill.

Not sure what a strong white noise is (mainly because I can't imagine a colored sound) the signal keeps active missing a few pictures. The robot will like a human try to catch the leave before reaching his camera.

Andy sights. He knew this won't got well. He checks the ring on his hand, closes the doors in his room and then fly out of the room straight through the wall directly to the place his robot is.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #1097

[Maple Cabin]

We'll start later then. For now... the method relies on finding a strong enough positive, human emotion the supernatural addict has and using it to drown out the addiction, so to speak. In your case, I think your feelings for your children and their father will be enough. We'll need to find some sort of physical object that ties into them and symbolizes them, then I'll try to use my gift to create a mystic link of sorts... if everything goes right, then every time you feel the compulsion to do evil you'll instead take that item and concentrate on the feelings you associate with it, which will ease the urge, Sophie explains. It's been used on vampires and dream-stealing Fae by other Hunters with some success, or so I've heard.
    Maple Cabin

An object connected to her feelings for the kids and Eric? That's a tall order to fill, for certain, but she thinks she has something.

"There's a dress I made, that got torn up the first night I wore it. I put it back together after coming back here. I wore it the night they were conceived. I can't think of anything more appropriate." Julie holds out her hands slowly and concentrates on where she left the dress, in relation to her current position. Unless Sophie has wards up to prevent supernatural things happening, the succubus will try to flame-port the dress into her arms.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Edge of Camp

"Really? The eyes are cool; I wish I could do that with my eyes all the time. But it's really slow, and I have a monkey for climbing. I like the freedom of flying; I need not fear falling any more, though the monkey cured my fear of heights, and the otter's big enough to take clothes. Flying like a bird must be loads of fun for a person.
    Brinika's ears droop a little. Flying sounds a bit scary. All this air, and no ground and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Maple Cabin

An object connected to her feelings for the kids and Eric? That's a tall order to fill, for certain, but she thinks she has something.

"There's a dress I made, that got torn up the first night I wore it. I put it back together after coming back here. I wore it the night they were conceived. I can't think of anything more appropriate." Julie holds out her hands slowly and concentrates on where she left the dress, in relation to her current position. Unless Sophie has wards up to prevent supernatural things happening, the succubus will try to flame-port the dress into her arms.
    Sophie has no wards, so the dress should appear in Julie's arms.
    That ought to work, I think. I'm not sure if you'll have to wear it in order for the charm to work or if holding it will suffice. We'll have to see.

19. - Top - End - #1099

Maple Cabin

"I hope I won't have to wear it all the time. It's really meant for more formal occasions." The blue cheongsam Julie's holding is rather dressy, made of very fine silk and embroidery. She smiles as she holds it though, the memories of that night coming back to her.

"If all goes well, I'll just be able to keep it in a purse nearby."

20. - Top - End - #1100

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "Well, it does kind of suck to be thrown in the deep end like this, I guess, though I imagine you're going to enjoy seeing all the different types of alien we have around here..."

Ithuriel grins, it's funny being thought of as an alien!

"Oh, but you said you crashed...do you know where the rest of your group is then? Wouldn't be good if you're all separated from each other..."
    Alien is a very relative term after all. But it does make for a very odd juxtaposition!

At the mention of the rest of her group Blue frowns.

"Our tracking equipment is spazzing out. The ambient etheric energy on this planet is totally off the scale! So it's no wonder a lot of our equipment is having problems. It's going to be a problem finding each other I suspect."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Maple Cabin

"I hope I won't have to wear it all the time. It's really meant for more formal occasions." The blue cheongsam Julie's holding is rather dressy, made of very fine silk and embroidery. She smiles as she holds it though, the memories of that night coming back to her.

"If all goes well, I'll just be able to keep it in a purse nearby."
    You probably won't have to wear it all the time, no. Sophie shakes her head. Like I said, we can start whenever you're ready. It's probably going to take a while.

22. - Top - End - #1102

Maple Cabin

"After supper then. Now... there's one last thing I wanted to ask you before I go. I haven't talked it over with Eric yet, but just in case anything happened to me, I'd like to ask if you could be Prism and Scylla's godmother. You have plenty of time to think it over, I just wanted you to know." Julie reaches out and tries to take Sophie's hand in her own gently.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Well, that certainly takes Sophie by surprise. Julie is free to take her hand as she recovers from the shock. I... yes, I'll need to think it over. But I'm honored that you'd ask this of me.

24. - Top - End - #1104

Maple Cabin

"That's fine. I'll see you later today then? I don't want to keep my guests waiting if they've arrived already." Julie lets her hands drop to her sides, and then steps forward for another brief hug.

"Thanks for everything Sophie."

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Sophie hugs Julie back briefly. You're welcome, Julie. I'm really happy everything has worked out for you.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"It's a bit like swimming through the air, and birds are designed to do it, too, so there's no chance of falling and it's completely safe." Natalie chooses not to mention sparrowhawks, peregrine falcons, great grey owls and other predatory birds capable of catching smaller birds on the wing (although turning into an otter, monkey or person when she's caught might help there, provided the impact didn't kill her). She is also ignoring storms, windows, bird nets and the associated ornithologists, telegraph poles and wind turbines.

27. - Top - End - #1107

Maple Cabin

Julie smiles one last time before turning to leave. It's turning out to be a busy day.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Alien is a very relative term after all. But it does make for a very odd juxtaposition!

At the mention of the rest of her group Blue frowns.

"Our tracking equipment is spazzing out. The ambient etheric energy on this planet is totally off the scale! So it's no wonder a lot of our equipment is having problems. It's going to be a problem finding each other I suspect."
    "Well...it might not be as bad as you think. Assuming the rest of your group find helpful people, I imagine there's one place, at least, that they'd have a decent chance of showing up at."

The angel offers a comforting smile,

"There's a place in the city of Inside called Trog's Tavern. It's a very popular place to go for a drink or to meet someone, so even if you don't find anyone else there, there's a good chance someone in there will have bumped into them anyway."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Edge of Camp

"It's a bit like swimming through the air, and birds are designed to do it, too, so there's no chance of falling and it's completely safe." Natalie chooses not to mention sparrowhawks, peregrine falcons, great grey owls and other predatory birds capable of catching smaller birds on the wing (although turning into an otter, monkey or person when she's caught might help there, provided the impact didn't kill her). She is also ignoring storms, windows, bird nets and the associated ornithologists, telegraph poles and wind turbines.
    Well, goblins aren't designed to fly even if they could turn into birds. But I liked the little fuzzy animal form, too. What as its name? Otter? Brinika quickly chances topics, as always.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"Humans aren't designed to fly, but birds are and I can turn into a bird so, via a long and complex way of getting there, I'm designed to fly. It was an otter, yes, they're fish-eating mammals. They're good swimmers, too, and can hold their breath for ages. But they can't breathe water so they can drown." Natalie prefers her monkey form to that of the otter, but she's got more experience as a monkey and an otter will likely be more useful- they can swim, for one.