New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

Infirmary

As Toby works the Dragonite sniffs at the meats. None of it is fish, like he prefers, but he can't complain if he can't go and get his own. He takes a big bite out of the ham first. Not bad at all. He chomps through it greedily. Next are the two chickens. Undetered by the bones, they only take two bites each. He licks his claws and lips to get off all of the flavor. Not quite as good as fish, but not bad. "Gonite." he says to let them know it was satisfying

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #1292

A carnivore, apparently. Finished with his healing, Toby sits down and starts nibbling on a carrot. How've you been Sophie?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Not surprising. Even in the Nexus, a herbivorous dragon would be unusual. And I've been fine. Helping Julie out a bit. You know Julie, don't you? She had twins a while back.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1294

Infirmary

Toby's done? The dragon feels around on his body. As promised, scarred like crazy, but the aches, a good bit of the tiredness? Gone. Granted he should still get some proper sleep, but still! Rising he gives himself a few test steps. All clear. A smile of joy on his face he gets into a racer's stance, he starts flapping his wings, kicking up gust of wind. He tenses his legs and like a coiled spring releases, shooting into the sky. He makes several circles in the sky's above the the duo who healed him, roaring in triumph. After his excitement is satisfied he flies back down, and attempts to give the duo the biggest hug of their lives, arms, wings, and tail.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Troll in the Playground

[Edge of Camp]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Brinika holds Buster in her hands, looking at him curiously and prattling. Also trying to pet his ears. He's got big ears, just like me.
    Jamie, meanwhile, finally steps forwards to try and pet the little bunny.
    Assuming it doesn't (a) get scared because, after all, FOX or (b) doesn't try to take her hand clean off!

[Infirmary]

Quinn possibly undeadtimes, possibly also nursing the latest Spawn of Tobias.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Main Cabin

((It isn't rude to ask for interaction. ))

Chris will find a halfling woman with prematurely graying hair tending the fire. She stands up and wipes her hands on her apron. "How do you do? I'm Pansy Applehill. Can I help you with anything?"
    [Main Cabin]

Chris is a bit surprised, noticeably worried that he was about to enter the wrong building. He grins a bit at Pansy, though. "I'm doing pretty well thanks. I'm Chris."

"Well, uh,"
    he says while looking around, "is this the administrative offices? I was here to conduct some business regarding my membership here."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    It comes off eventually. Though it's evident it hurts Marty more than a bit when it's taken off. Oh....W-Well...Th-Thank you... Marty shivers. He's nervous. I'm s-so...nervous....
    Vidalia caresses Marty's head. There's nothing to be nervous about. GLoG has the best healers in all of the Nexus, and Quinn is the best of those.

Nurse Piper will appear, carrying an ethereal needle with what looks to be a very real liquid inside. Here, this should make you feel better. She reaches for his arm, though she can't touch it physically. Lay your arm out, please.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"It was tall, really tall." Natalie will also give a rough description of the bark texture and the leaf shape. Sequoias don't grow over here, and the only one I've actually seen was a massive disc of wood in the London Natural History Museum- it was a slice of a huge redwood tree.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Island Cave]

That doesn't sound very wise to me. What if the monsters decide to eat him?

All of Caroline's equipment is ready. She's wearing the appropriate dress for fighting in dark caves. A sun yellow sundress.
    [Island Cave]

Vincent raises an eyebrow.
    "They wouldn't do that. Not unless he was just visiting for some rare herb rather than living here. Monsters only eat people for the purposes of us rushing in to save them." Why else would monsters eat people?

Needless to say, they're going to be having random encounters along the way, perhaps even interrupting them as they talk. But obviously, RPing all of them would be rather dull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Infirmary

Vidalia caresses Marty's head. There's nothing to be nervous about. GLoG has the best healers in all of the Nexus, and Quinn is the best of those.

Nurse Piper will appear, carrying an ethereal needle with what looks to be a very real liquid inside. Here, this should make you feel better. She reaches for his arm, though she can't touch it physically. Lay your arm out, please.
    Marty dmiles crookedly at Vidalia. He sticks his arm out. I t-trust you...

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Chris is a bit surprised, noticeably worried that he was about to enter the wrong building. He grins a bit at Pansy, though. "I'm doing pretty well thanks. I'm Chris."

"Well, uh,"
    he says while looking around, "is this the administrative offices? I was here to conduct some business regarding my membership here."
    "I'm not a council member, but I think I can help you," Pansy says. "What do you need?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Troll in the Playground

[Island Cave]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Vincent raises an eyebrow.
    "They wouldn't do that. Not unless he was just visiting for some rare herb rather than living here. Monsters only eat people for the purposes of us rushing in to save them." Why else would monsters eat people?

Needless to say, they're going to be having random encounters along the way, perhaps even interrupting them as they talk. But obviously, RPing all of them would be rather dull.
    Save the monsters? Caroline asks, sounding confused. Why would we do that?

But if/when Vincent looks back at her, she's making a silly face to show she's just playing.

((Who's running this adventure anyway? ))

{Infirmary}

Marty dmiles crookedly at Vidalia. He sticks his arm out. I t-trust you...
    Good. Now just relax, and let Nurse Piper do her job. Vidalia says, leaning closer.

Marty may feel pin prick as the displacer needle enters his arm, and maybe injects the medicine.

It should begin taking effect in about ten seconds. Ten Ten, Nine Nine, Eight Eight, Seven Seven.....

Marty may or may not begin to feel drowsy and fall into a deep sleep.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Marty didn't like needles...or sharp things in general. But, he doesn't resist. Unless the medicine has some heavy reliance on magic Marty will sink deeper into the bed before passing out. He speaks up, Th-Thank y-you.... He then falls into a deep dreamless slumber.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Edge of Camp]

Brinika holds Buster in her hands, looking at him curiously and prattling. Also trying to pet his ears. He's got big ears, just like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Edge of Camp]

Jamie, meanwhile, finally steps forwards to try and pet the little bunny.
    Assuming it doesn't (a) get scared because, after all, FOX or (b) doesn't try to take her hand clean off!
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Edge of Camp

"It was tall, really tall." Natalie will also give a rough description of the bark texture and the leaf shape. Sequoias don't grow over here, and the only one I've actually seen was a massive disc of wood in the London Natural History Museum- it was a slice of a huge redwood tree.
    Buster's ears twitch as they're pet, and he turns his head to sniff Jamie's hand. Seems he isn't bothered at all. "Hehe, mine too." Salix's ears probably even rival Brinika's in length.

"Umm... That sounds like one of those redwood trees." Salix nods sagely. "I only saw one one time before. I can't believe you tried to climb one."

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Troll in the Playground

{Infirmary}

Vidalia holds Marty's hand after he falls asleep. Nurse Piper, get Quinn Druid, please.

The nurse nods, and goes to find a plot-clone of a post-birth Quinn.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

His hands are warm. The cuts are fresh, could only have been caused days ago. He looks happy when he sleeps, as if he was freed from all the pressure of life in sleep. He looks handsome, albeit a little paler than he usually would.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm not a council member, but I think I can help you," Pansy says. "What do you need?"
    "Well...the thing is, it's more about canceling a membership."

"You see, a while back I was thinking about moving over here with my family, settle down here and all that. Thing is, something...well, let's just say there was some drama involving a someone who was in a relationship with one of my daughters and let's leave it at that for now. We delayed coming here because of that, until the idea of moving here just sort of slipped away. Now, we're over in HALO, and we're at a point in our lives where it's better to stay there."

"So, here I am. I've come to cancel my membership here, to make sure that no legal complications result from said membership."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

"I'm sure that will be fine," Pansy says. "I'll just take down your names and make sure that you're removed from the rolls."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"...Well, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who actually signed up for anything, but just in case..."

"I'm Christopher Grimm, my wife is Carrion Grimm, or Carrie Grimm, one of the two. Our daughter is Thyna. I don't think any other members of my family have signed up for GLoG membership, so..."
    Chris scratches his chin a bit.

"Oh! Before I forget." Chris pulls out a card of some sort. "I figured that I would leave my contact information here. I know that technically speaking HALO and GLoG are already allies, but I thought that it might be a good idea to leave something just in case. Of course, if it isn't such a good idea, I can skip that."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Rowan Cabin]

Not to mention Sakura and Adir gave Cessie some practice adjusting to children out of marriage. It's safe to say that Sakura doesn't care. Or even notice, for that matter.

Sakura laughs at Eric's joke. "They're both so adorable. How old are they now?" Prism at least seems to be a rather active baby. More active than Laela much of the time at least.
    [Rowan Cabin]

"About a month and a half? They're growing a lot faster than humans do, that's for sure." Eric says. It's at about this point that Scylla starts waking up... and immediately starts looking at the new people with her three violet eyes.

Immediately, her first action is to attempt to reach out towards Cessie, and the mage will see pruple light form in the air before it starts tugging at her dress, towards the baby. Scylla likes this new lady! "Sorry about that, She loves new people."
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Well, one and a half, but let's not let the company know just how helpful you are when feeding time comes around, okay? That part is for Eric's mind only, of course.
    Yeah, I know, silly. I wasn't about to try grossing them out With our weird way of handling our kids. Eric is clearly amused.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-04-13 at 07:49 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

His hands are warm. The cuts are fresh, could only have been caused days ago. He looks happy when he sleeps, as if he was freed from all the pressure of life in sleep. He looks handsome, albeit a little paler than he usually would.
    While Marty sleeps, Vidalia will begin undressing him (which can be stopped, possibly) to better look at his physical wounds. She has a feeling the mental ones are going to be harder to find.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

He's asleep and doesn't even move. He has large scars over his chest where his flesh was brutally ripped out by Grendar the gnoll, the flesh is healed but still a darker color then the rest of his body. He has scars across his neck and wrists....which are odd indeed. The ones on his wrists are very fresh. The neck one must just be an old wound, which it is, yet another memory of Sleet and the pain she inflicted on him. Marty has two cuts on his cheeks, both old. His foot is severely burnt. He's handsome though, tall and mildly muscular.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"...Well, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who actually signed up for anything, but just in case..."

"I'm Christopher Grimm, my wife is Carrion Grimm, or Carrie Grimm, one of the two. Our daughter is Thyna. I don't think any other members of my family have signed up for GLoG membership, so..."
    Chris scratches his chin a bit.

"Oh! Before I forget." Chris pulls out a card of some sort. "I figured that I would leave my contact information here. I know that technically speaking HALO and GLoG are already allies, but I thought that it might be a good idea to leave something just in case. Of course, if it isn't such a good idea, I can skip that."
    Oooh, GLoG can call HALO up for emergency babysitting?

Pansy takes down all the information. "Would you like anything to eat before you go?" She's a halfling. Eating before a journey is Very Important. *nodnod*

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Orc in the Playground

Oooh, GLoG can call HALO up for emergency babysitting?

Pansy takes down all the information. "Would you like anything to eat before you go?" She's a halfling. Eating before a journey is Very Important. *nodnod*
    And not at all copyright infringing!

Chris chuckles a bit. "Well, I was planning on meeting with a couple of people I know here, so I'm not going quite yet, but I certainly wouldn't object."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin >> Kitchen

Pansy leads him to the kitchen, where there's fresh bread, roast beef, cheese, and various other yummies. "Help yourself."

There's the sound of children squabbling outside. "Excuse me, my terrors are acting up."

And she heads off into deadtime to scold and hug her kids.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin >> Kitchen

Pansy leads him to the kitchen, where there's fresh bread, roast beef, cheese, and various other yummies. "Help yourself."

There's the sound of children squabbling outside. "Excuse me, my terrors are acting up."

And she heads off into deadtime to scold and hug her kids.
    Chris is led into the kitchen. He nods his head in appreciation. "Thank you ma'am." Chris is very conscious not to eat too much, probably to a maddening extent. He doesn't wish to appear greedy or gluttonous, after all.

Chris chuckles at the mention of the children. "Quite alright. Thank you again."
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2012-04-13 at 08:15 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Before he got reincarnated? Well, that explained a few things. She began to suspect Julie might not be entirely human at this point. Not that it mattered.

"Hello there." Cessie says to the little baby with a slightly nervous smile. She doesn't back away though, it was just a little curious baby after all. Possibly with some aether-based powers, but she trusted Julie and Eric knew how to keep check on them.

"Curiosity is usually a sign for intelligence, I think she will be a brilliant child."

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

"Oh wow, only that young? They sure are growing fast." Laela is older than them! If only by a little.

Speaking of Laela, the little fey is looking at the purple light in front of Auntie Cessie with great interest. She reaches out her hands toward it.

29. - Top - End - #1319

Rowan Cabin

"Why thank you Cessie, I'm sure she will, and hope the same for yours." Julie inclines her head, as a gracious host should.

Meanwhile, Prism has decided to stop being overwhelmed by the number of people around her and start squirming in her daddy's arm. This amounts to a furtive wave of her hand, and an odd thing happening.

The bit of violet light gets a partner, a streak of silver dashing through it and curling around it like a spiderweb of veins through an arm.

Other than that, the silver light doesn't do much at all except linger in the air a few moments. If Laela manages to touch it, it will fall apart under her fingers.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

Now that Scylla has Cessie she -OTHER BABY.

Scylla gleefully attempts to reach out to Laela in turn, causing Eric to chuckle. if Sakura lets him, Eric will get close enough that Scylla, her purple light starting to move towards Laela will be in touching distance. If Prism chooses to reach out, she'll be close enough as well.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.