New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

Rooftop

Before Kashi even lands, Keo hears him diving and gets on her feet. She examines him, sniffing at him. Getting his scent...

Sniff sniff!

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rooftop

Kashi smells like... lots of things actually. He smells like the city, like a bit of smoke, like candy, and like lizard. Oddly enough, he smells a tiny bit like cat too, buried under everything else.

Disappointed he can't act on the random urge he had to pick up Keo by the scruff, Kashi will try talking instead, "Snyuui? <Hi, I'm Kashi, wanna be friends?>"

He just hopes the little kitty can understand him. It's been a long time since he's found someone other than Harnel who can actually speak draconic.

He also moves a bit closer, to sniff Keo back. The dragon's nearly two foot wide head, that seems even larger because of the swept-back spines flaring out around his neck, may be somewhat intimidating.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rooftop

Keo smells a lot like cat, with some fabric and blood from other things.

Of course, Keo can't understand dragon... so it just sounds like... a sound. Keo answers with a sound of her own, mew?

Keo is curious, but not scared. She wonders what this funny smelling shiny thing is!

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Reelshka has been snuggling against Pathfinder, feeling somewhat sleepy and sore all over, but in a good way. When he speaks, she nods.
    Yeah... Brinika's probably wondering what's taking me so long.
    Clearing

Pathfinder nuzzles her neck once again and gives a slight wiggle behind her. "What are you going to say if she asks?" He asks before unwrapping an arm from around her to allow him to lay on his back and feel the spring air through his fur.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Infirmary]

Renetta nuzzles against Waterstrider briefly, then returns her attention to their child. "I think she needs to eat." Flamecrest does look like she's going to get fussy any moment. Renetta lifts the little cub to her breast. After after a few moments of trying to get it right, Flamecrest latches on and starts drinking hungrily.

She laughs a little. "That was harder than it should have been." Probably the fur. She settles more comfortably against Waterstrider again.
    Infirmary

"It'll get easier after a while."
    Waterstrider promises before trying to burrow closer. It's obvious that he's lost in wonder at the moment, even as he runs his claws through Renetta's fur, especially over her stomach.

5. - Top - End - #1385

Rooftop

Oh, so she's an actual kitty, and not one of those talking ones. Funny, she kind of looked a bit like a people, so Kashi assumed she might be smart like them too.

That's alright though, Kashi isn't picky about who he makes friends with, people or animal alike.

Hm, maybe she's hungry? Kirin was always hungry. Maybe he could share some food with her.

Later though, right now there's something bothering him. With his face thise close, Kashi's forked tongue nips out from between his teeth and tries to give the little kitty a lick on the nose.

Why did he do that? He's not sure, but it felt right.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rooftop

Woop! Noselick! That means that he trusts Keo! Keo will lean over and try to scritch behind where his ears should be. Keo won't lick him yet, she's always been hesitant to lick people. She's not sure what this thing is... it smells funny, and it's pretty. It doesn't seem to be a person. Oh, well! It's a very nice animal.

7. - Top - End - #1387

Rooftop

Woo, Kashi is getting petted! He totally made a friend, even though he's not entirely sure how. The long dragon will attempt to encircle Keo loosely before lying down around her. He tries to butt his head gently up against her, and then motion to the top of his body with a wuffling snort.

Hopefully he's being clear enough that she can get the message. Having his new friend lay in the sun with him would be awesome.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rooftop

Keo will let the dragon wrap around her, and will lounge in the sun a bit. Not nap yet (you don't nap next to untrained animals; they might try to eat you) but she lounges a bit. It's nice and warm!

Unless something happens, Keo will lounge for a while before beginning to squirm a bit.

9. - Top - End - #1389

[Infirmary]

Not surprising. Even in the Nexus, a herbivorous dragon would be unusual. And I've been fine. Helping Julie out a bit. You know Julie, don't you? She had twins a while back.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Infirmary

Toby's done? The dragon feels around on his body. As promised, scarred like crazy, but the aches, a good bit of the tiredness? Gone. Granted he should still get some proper sleep, but still! Rising he gives himself a few test steps. All clear. A smile of joy on his face he gets into a racer's stance, he starts flapping his wings, kicking up gust of wind. He tenses his legs and like a coiled spring releases, shooting into the sky. He makes several circles in the sky's above the the duo who healed him, roaring in triumph. After his excitement is satisfied he flies back down, and attempts to give the duo the biggest hug of their lives, arms, wings, and tail.
    Twins? Wow, two more babies this month... Toby watches the dragon race around, then tries to push Sophie into the hug so he can jump out of the way. Whoa there, big fella. No need to crush me.

In a different timeline, Toby is standing in the Infirmary watching his wife hold their son. Hadrian Sionnach Druid. What kind of person are you going to be, kiddo?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

10. - Top - End - #1390

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Rooftop

Keo will let the dragon wrap around her, and will lounge in the sun a bit. Not nap yet (you don't nap next to untrained animals; they might try to eat you) but she lounges a bit. It's nice and warm!

Unless something happens, Keo will lounge for a while before beginning to squirm a bit.
    Rooftop

Kashi is very well trained, I'll have you know, and perfectly housebroken. It's not his fault Keo doesn't grok his jive.

But when she starts squirming, Kashi gets a bit nervous. Maybe she really is hungry?

He'll reach into the sack tied around his neck, plucking out a piece of crystalized rock candy shaped like a gem. He holds it, between his teeth, out to Keo's hand-paw.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary w/ Reinholdt]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Life? No. Nothing like that there. There is something else twisted, cold, and dark there, but no life.

Recent memory says on Reinholdt's way to apologize to Ermine he had to deal with an Inspector Thenadier, rogue vigilante. As he was making his escape, he got shot with something and later died. Erin of HALO was fighting Then, but he doesn't know the results of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Ermine sets Reinholdt down on a cot or table, which I assume are available in the Infirmary. The pirate steps back to let Melody do... whatever it is she's doing.

"I don' know who did dis. But I will find 'im and make 'im pay."

Her eyes dart toward Magtok. He looks surprised enough, though, so he probably didn't do it. Ermine's tail swings back and forth in agitation.
    Melody's face is screwed up in concentration. You need to speak to Erin of HALO. She may be able to help us. But she tries to remain connected to Reinholdt. She has to dig into this darkness.

She believes it is keeping her from saving Reinholdt. Magtok, will you help us? Please? I don't want Ermine going alone.

[Island Cave]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    She's certainly a real beauty now, isn't she?

How odd that they aren't fighting every two steps. Hmm... very odd indeed.

"Gah! Stupid darkness. The one time I don't buy a torch from the store..." Vincent says, digging through his inventory.
    Yes. Yes she is. But she was pretty before. Stupid Rake, always making her feel.... lacking.

Caroline stops and watches Vincent dig into his inventory. Do you have something? Maybe we should go back and buy a torch.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Renetta's tail would be wagging if she weren't mostly sitting on it. No doubt Waterstrider still notices, though. "Oh, I know it will. It all will. Especially with your help."

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Andy

The bats disappear as well, being nothing but illusions covering the rain of pepples and twigs that had been obscuring Andy from the robot's view.

Andy should feel like whatever had intended harm upon them has disappeared now, fleeing in anger.
    Andy just wonders, but this is the Nexus. he will have a look around spoting whatever may be around. The robot in this time stands up and goes to the room again.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #1394

[Lakeside - Tomorrow]

From the entrance a young man in a blue jumpsuit and carrying both a large dirty dufflebag and a laser rifle over his back, walks into GLoG with purpose. He makes his way to the lake where he wants to meet his friend Julie. Behind him he trails a children's wagon, with boxes of Gold-Chocolate coins stacked as tall as Justin. The wagon seems to be made to look like candy, but knowing the workers at Oompa Land, it probably is. Little weirdoes tried to sing Justin a song about stealing, but he had already gotten lectured about that several times, so he kind of ignored it.

So anyway. He goes to the lake!

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

Infirmary

Toby's done? The dragon feels around on his body. As promised, scarred like crazy, but the aches, a good bit of the tiredness? Gone. Granted he should still get some proper sleep, but still! Rising he gives himself a few test steps. All clear. A smile of joy on his face he gets into a racer's stance, he starts flapping his wings, kicking up gust of wind. He tenses his legs and like a coiled spring releases, shooting into the sky. He makes several circles in the sky's above the the duo who healed him, roaring in triumph. After his excitement is satisfied he flies back down, and attempts to give the duo the biggest hug of their lives, arms, wings, and tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Twins? Wow, two more babies this month... Toby watches the dragon race around, then tries to push Sophie into the hug so he can jump out of the way. Whoa there, big fella. No need to crush me.
    Sophie doesn't get away in time and recieves an enormous dragon-hug. Urk. You're welcome, she manages to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Clearing

Pathfinder nuzzles her neck once again and gives a slight wiggle behind her. "What are you going to say if she asks?" He asks before unwrapping an arm from around her to allow him to lay on his back and feel the spring air through his fur.
    Reelshka sits up a little and leans on her hands, smiling. I'll tell her that we went on a romantic stroll and lost track of time. Which isn't actually not true... just omits a few things, she adds jokingly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Lucy
    Lucy might find herself being hugged! Bill was overjoyed that she was alright! Then she might find herself being put back down.
    "Raaaaaa?"*
    *What was that anyways?
    Lucy is hugged, the nurse being caught entirely by surprise.

"Eep!"

As Bill puts her down, the undead medical worker carefully regains her balance before replying, the multi-directional voice showing the fright that the Creature inspires.

"I-I don't know what it is, it... felt like the Monster from Kirkbridge. But it was weaker."

The nurse shudders.

"But it is gone now, and I must be able to find somebody who know what it is. This place is full of wonders, I even saw this-Oh, sorry. I am rambling."

Lucy cuts herself off, remembering the guidelines that the nursing profession teaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Andy just wonders, but this is the Nexus. he will have a look around spoting whatever may be around. The robot in this time stands up and goes to the room again.
    There seem to be nothing else around, sans the usual strange beings residing in GLoG. Whether that is a comforting thought or not, is up to Andy.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rooftop

Keo is surprised by this. She sniffs the candy, pops it in her mouth, and then spits it out a second later. Ew... this funny thing must eat odd stuff. It smelled nice but tasted weird!

She pets Kashi, and then pulls a little flint knife and a kind of square-ish piece of bone. She positions herself so that she won't accidentally hurt Kashi, and begins whittling the bone. She's going to make herself luck dice by summer! She will!

18. - Top - End - #1398

[Lakeside - Tomorrow]

From the entrance a young man in a blue jumpsuit and carrying both a large dirty dufflebag and a laser rifle over his back, walks into GLoG with purpose. He makes his way to the lake where he wants to meet his friend Julie. Behind him he trails a children's wagon, with boxes of Gold-Chocolate coins stacked as tall as Justin. The wagon seems to be made to look like candy, but knowing the workers at Oompa Land, it probably is. Little weirdoes tried to sing Justin a song about stealing, but he had already gotten lectured about that several times, so he kind of ignored it.

So anyway. He goes to the lake!
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

And there's Julie up ahead, pacing back and forth in a yellow summer dress with a bright pink, flower covered shovel bouncing jauntily on one shoulder. She seems to be scanning the sandy ground, looking for one spot in particular and occasionally glancing at the nearby trees and rocks.

Seems she hasn't noticed Justin or his payload yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Rooftop

Keo is surprised by this. She sniffs the candy, pops it in her mouth, and then spits it out a second later. Ew... this funny thing must eat odd stuff. It smelled nice but tasted weird!

She pets Kashi, and then pulls a little flint knife and a kind of square-ish piece of bone. She positions herself so that she won't accidentally hurt Kashi, and begins whittling the bone. She's going to make herself luck dice by summer! She will!
    Rooftop

Oooh, that looks neat. Still, that knife doesn't look very sturdy, or shiny.

Time to do a nice thing for his new friend! Kashi reaches into his sack and gobbles up a few pieces of rock candy, along with some chocolate coins for good measure, wrappers and all. Then, after a short delay, something glints out from between the scales at the hollow of his throat.

Looks to be a handle, ornately carved with lions pouncing on pygmy elephants and zebras.

The blade of this odd looking dagger is still stuck between his scales, so he moves his neck within Keo's reach, hoping she'll pull out the gift before it wedges in an uncomfortable way.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rooftop

O_O

Keo's ears lie down, and she leans away from the knife wedged in the funny creature. She doesn't know that it's the handle of the knife, just that there is something sticking out of the shiny creature's neck! What's going on? Keo is very confused!

20. - Top - End - #1400

Rooftop

Gah, hasn't she ever seen something stabbed into a dragon's neck before? Geeze, fine. Kashi struggles to reach the knife with a forepaw, bending his neck over double to do so. With a lot of effort, he pulls it out inch by inch, revealing a gleaming silver curved blade, with veins of a darker grey metal running between the folds of silver.

There's no blood from the blade's passing, and the scales it was penetrating seal over behind it.

Kashi holds the newly crafted dagger out to Keo, dangling between two hooked claws. Maybe it will make a better carving knife?

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rooftop

Keo carefully reaches over and takes the knife. She examines it carefully, feeling the balance, and carefully touching the blade with her claw. After a bit of examining, she will try whittling with it a bit. Silver isn't the best knife material, but it will be better than the flint one she was using.

22. - Top - End - #1402

Rooftop

The balance is a bit heavy towards the pommel, but considering Kashi is no expert blade-crafter, it will do just fine as it is. Also, while the silver isn't very good as a cutting edge, it adds just enough flexibility to the hardened steel that makes up the rest of the blade that it shouldn't break under heavy use.

If Keo ends up using it for a while, she'll find that the silver on the edge will wear away, leaving small pointed teeth of hard steel sticking out from the edge. With time, it will become a tearing weapon, rather than a carver's tool.

Kashi is just glad his gift meets his new friend's tentative approval, and tries giving her another lick on the nose for no discernable reason before settling down to let her whittle a bit.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rooftop

And after enough whittling, she will place an X on one side of the dice and an O on the other. She shows Kashi the finished luck dice, albeit as crude as it is. She then plops it into her crude sack and pulls out the next piece of bone, looking it over, and beginning to whittle it.

24. - Top - End - #1404

Rooftop

Kashi sniffs at the little carved cube. What is it for? It smells a bit like food, but Keo was cutting it up for some reason, and then put it away and started on another one?

Maybe it's special food, saved for later. Kashi nods, quite certain he's figured it out.

He's pretty content to lounge in the sun. It's pretty much all he did back at the Keep, but at least now he has someone to do it with.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rooftop to Forest

After a bit of whittling, Keo puts the bone into the bag, and looks at the knife. This knife was so much sharper than her other knife that it might hurt her bag! After a bit of consideration, she takes out a scrap of hide and wraps it around the blade. There we go! It now goes carefully into the bag.

Keo then comes to the conclusion that she is hungry. She scritches Kashi and then quite suddenly takes a running jump off of the roof. Nice air time... She lands and rolls, and rushes toward the forest.

26. - Top - End - #1406

Rooftop

Wha-wait! Oh...

That was rather sudden of her. There's no way Kashi will be able to keep up with her without flying, and he can't really track a moving object in the forest from the air.

Kashi sulks just a tiny bit, but perks up. There are still other people around, and he's sure the little kitty will come back at some point if he waits here long enough.

Animals are flighty like that.

So now it's time for a perfectly justified nap in the sun. Maybe someone will stumble across him.

Hopefully before the roof starts creaking under his bulk. 20ft long dragons are not the lightest beasts.

27. - Top - End - #1407

Sophie doesn't get away in time and recieves an enormous dragon-hug. Urk. You're welcome, she manages to say.
    The Dragonite let's Sophie go before he breaks something. Standing up he actually takes a second to observe his environments, the first time since he fell out of that cloud. Curious way to enter Nexus, that. But not the point. "Dragonite?" he asks neither person in particular. "Dragonite?" he points at the ground with both claws. Seems to be asking where he is?

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

And there's Julie up ahead, pacing back and forth in a yellow summer dress with a bright pink, flower covered shovel bouncing jauntily on one shoulder. She seems to be scanning the sandy ground, looking for one spot in particular and occasionally glancing at the nearby trees and rocks.

Seems she hasn't noticed Justin or his payload yet.
    [Lakeside - Tomorrow]
    He jogs over wagon bouncing on the ground behind him, the boxes tied down with a string. "Y'know I was curious as to how you could take up gardening to annoy someone. Seeing that shovel... It's coming together." He sticks his freearm out, like he's expecting a hug.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-04-18 at 02:17 PM.

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #1408

[Lakeside - Tomorrow]
    He jogs over wagon bouncing on the ground behind him, the boxes tied down with a string. "Y'know I was curious as to how you could take up gardening to annoy someone. Seeing that shovel... It's coming together." He sticks his freearm out, like he's expecting a hug.
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

Julie whips around, a cheery smile on her face, and attempts to deposit the shovel squarely into Justin's outstretched hand in one fluid motion.

"You mean the one I picked out for you? I thought you'd love it. Mine is over there in the sand." Seems like she's telling the truth there. There's a green shovel handle half-buried up further on the beach.

"Anyway, I think I remember the spot where she buried it, although we won't know for sure until we start digging, since someone decided to follow my grouchy brother's advice. Shall we get to work my little partner in crime?" Julie inclines a hip invitingly, and gestures to her feet, where she's drawn an X in the sand with a toe.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-04-18 at 02:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of Camp

"I'd love to go back underground. I still have that piece of jasper I bought last time, see?" Natalie takes it out and smiles.

She also seems to have forgotten that she forgot her money, so Reelshka bought it for her, though Natalie would have paid her back.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

30. - Top - End - #1410

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

Julie whips around, a cheery smile on her face, and attempts to deposit the shovel squarely into Justin's outstretched hand in one fluid motion.

"You mean the one I picked out for you? I thought you'd love it. Mine is over there in the sand." Seems like she's telling the truth there. There's a green shovel handle half-buried up further on the beach.

"Anyway, I think I remember the spot where she buried it, although we won't know for sure until we start digging, since someone decided to follow my grouchy brother's advice. Shall we get to work my little partner in crime?" Julie inclines a hip invitingly, and gestures to her feet, where she's drawn an X in the sand with a toe.
    Lakeside-Tomorrow

"It is wonderful to see you too, Juliette," Justin says sarcasticly. "Why yes, it has been awhile. I've missed you too. You may want to move your feet," he says as he stabs into the ground with the shovel and starts to dig. "So how have you been doing, really?" he asks doing his best not to grunt from effort.

My Characters