Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Slii Arhem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Where indeed
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

    "That's nice of him. I'm actually sorry about what I said afterwards," Justin says taking the money. "Well the day after the casino, I went by your place to check up on you. And you were gone. Then I met your grumpy ghost brother. When I found out you were at Remnant I tried hatching a plan to "rescue you." Even cut my hair and was going to die it." He lowers his head, it's had some time to grown in, but his hair isn't as messy as it was when they first met. "But there's this deadtime right in the stylist's chair. So I'm stuck for a while. A bit later, I'm free and clear meet a short guy named Brand Applehill. He works here actually, he's the chef, I think. We hit it off, fast friends and everything. Few days later, we meet in the market, and he asks me a favor, help him save slaves from a cult. Right now, I'm waiting on some enchanted rings that'll make it easier to coerce the slaves to leave with us*." Throughout all this talking he manages to work without missing a beat. Guess it's just something he got used to. This is until he stops for a moment. He stares at his hands. He wrings his hands for a moment and looks unsure for a second, but then starts working again. "So, kids? Twins at that. Are they identical?"

    ((*This is essentially me deciding where in the timeline Justin is.))
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

    "Right, I know Brand, although not really well. He and the rest of the Applehills are just about the nicest people in camp, and that's saying a lot." Julie wipes her brow as she withdraws the hand she passed Justin the change with, then gets back to digging. Can't be long now, at least she doesn't think Ermine buried it much deeper than this...

    "No, they're... fraternal, I think is the word. Two little girls, but they couldn't be more different from each other.

    If you'd like to swing by the cabin some time when I'm less busy and there's a bit less contraband around, I'd be happy to introduce you to them. Eric might like to say hi as well, you never know."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

  2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lex-Kat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Avvie by DirtyTabs.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    [Island Cave]

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "I hate making trips back for one thin... aha!" Vincent says as he pulls out a bouquet of dead flowers. Using Fire One he lights them up and creates a torch!

    Why he had that, I don't know, but I have it written down.

    "Just gotta get creative with the crafting system."
    Great! Caroline smiles, then she raises an eyebrow. Wait. Where'd you get those? And who were they for? She's not smiling anymore.

    {Infirmary w/ Marty}

    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    It eventually clicks. Marty wiggles his toes curiously. It...d-doesn't f-feel too d-different...it d-doesn't hurt...and I c-can feel it... He shivers as she runs a hand down his foot. Ah! S-Stop...that t-tickles. He can't help but let a small smile show before his normal blank expression returns.
    Vidalia grins wickedly, shifts just her hand into a vine, and begins to tickle Marty's foot.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Inner Circle. Lexdoll by Recaiden

    Nothing to See Here, nothing is recruiting.

  3. - Top - End - #1443
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Under a very shiny rock.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Infirmary

    Marty starts laughing happily. He moves a bit on the cot while he giggles. Hey! H-Hey! St-Stop! that t-tickles! He shifts and almost falls off the cot! Hey! St-Sto! Please! Nuu! The most horrendous method of torture ever...the tickle.
    Nexus TVtropes page- "Large Ham - All over the place. Magtok, every single character of The Mad Hatter's..."

    I feel so proud of myself.

    Spoiler: Mutant and Proud
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    [Island Cave]

    "Some old adventure in Inside I think. Don't remember what. Maybe I picked them off a grave or something? So I guess they were for some dead guy or girl?"

    Been quite a long time and that's a rather obscure thing to know. Vincent has absolutely no idea where he got them, let alone who they were originally intended for.
    ~Chibi Rein by Siena
    Spoiler
    Show
    -My theme song.
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast

    [/music]
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #1445
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mindfreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Lucy is hugged, the nurse being caught entirely by surprise.

    "Eep!"

    As Bill puts her down, the undead medical worker carefully regains her balance before replying, the multi-directional voice showing the fright that the Creature inspires.

    "I-I don't know what it is, it... felt like the Monster from Kirkbridge. But it was weaker."

    The nurse shudders.

    "But it is gone now, and I must be able to find somebody who know what it is. This place is full of wonders, I even saw this-Oh, sorry. I am rambling."

    Lucy cuts herself off, remembering the guidelines that the nursing profession teaches.
    Lucy!
    "Raaa rara ra ra ra."* he says as he begins walking back to Andy's Cabin.
    *No, do go on. You can tell me all about it while we walk back to Andy's to get my translator. I ran out after you in such a hurry because he said you were bleeding...
    Infernal Mindfreak selling Hell as Heaven by Savanna. Thank you, love!
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

  6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lex-Kat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Avvie by DirtyTabs.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    {Infirmary w/ Marty}

    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Marty starts laughing happily. He moves a bit on the cot while he giggles. Hey! H-Hey! St-Stop! that t-tickles! He shifts and almost falls off the cot! Hey! St-Sto! Please! Nuu! The most horrendous method of torture ever...the tickle.
    Vidalia stops before Marty hurts himself. She leans over him so they are nearly face to face. Tell me where you got all these scars from. she doesn't look as if she's threatening him, but her eyes say that she's serious.

    [Island Cave]

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Some old adventure in Inside I think. Don't remember what. Maybe I picked them off a grave or something? So I guess they were for some dead guy or girl?"

    Been quite a long time and that's a rather obscure thing to know. Vincent has absolutely no idea where he got them, let alone who they were originally intended for.
    Oh. Okay. She turns back toward the darkness. Lead on, torchbearer.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Inner Circle. Lexdoll by Recaiden

    Nothing to See Here, nothing is recruiting.

  7. - Top - End - #1447
    Orc in the Playground
     
    VampireRot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Reply Hazy. Ask again.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Infirmary w/ Reinholdt]
    Melody's face is screwed up in concentration. You need to speak to Erin of HALO. She may be able to help us. But she tries to remain connected to Reinholdt. She has to dig into this darkness.

    She believes it is keeping her from saving Reinholdt. Magtok, will you help us? Please? I don't want Ermine going alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Magtok frowns, shooting a glance towards Ermine that probably says an awful lot about what he thinks of being stuck alone with a bloodthirsty pirate and that smelly corpse she insists on hauling around. As much as part of him thinks saying no to Melody would be rude and improper, she really should've seen this response coming, knowing exactly what kind of history the cyborg had with that wretched feline.

    "I think Ermine's a big girl and perfectly capable of fending for herself. HALO's not that far, and certainly not about to bite someone just because they're hauling a dead body around."

    This death might've meant something to Magtok if he cared about the cat, and even then, it's certainly not the first time Reinholdt has ever died, either. If Rein lives, then yay, the two adversaries might fight at some point in the future. If not, too bad, but there's still plenty of other rivals and nemeses on Magtok's list. One empty spot isn't going to make that much difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Infirmary- Reinholdt}
    Melody comes out of the mind-link and looks up at Magtok. She's not going to be hauling Reinholdt around. she smiles kindly. But okay. I can see you have better things to do. Thank you anyway. She stands up.

    Come on, Ermine. Let's search for this Erin person. I think it's a girl.


    [Infirmary w/ Reinholdt]


    "I don' need ta be escorted by that cowardly cyborg."

    Ermine scoffs at Magtok. She is not in a very good mood, for obvious reasons. She pointedly turns away from him and looks at Melody, tail still lashing.

    "If ye fink dis 'Erin' can help get us our revenge, let's go talk to 'er then. I've 'eard some nasty rumors about HALO, though."

    You hear the worst things about people when hanging around seedy bars with pirates and brigands.


    [Lakeside - Tomorrow]

    With a CLUNK, Julie or Justin's shovel will hit a heavy wooden chest buried deep in the sand. They've found it! Success! Hopefully the pirate's treasure will be worth the work...
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2012-04-19 at 06:23 PM.
    Avatar by Gulaghar. Yeah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

  8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    [Island Cave]

    "Yeah, yeah." Vincent says, the area around him perfectly lit and the area just beyond that perfectly dark. There's no in between as Vincent proceeds further into the cave.
    ~Chibi Rein by Siena
    Spoiler
    Show
    -My theme song.
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast

    [/music]
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #1449
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Under a very shiny rock.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Infirmary w/ Marty}



    Vidalia stops before Marty hurts himself. She leans over him so they are nearly face to face. Tell me where you got all these scars from. she doesn't look as if she's threatening him, but her eyes say that she's serious.
    Marty tries to turn his face away. He didn't like talking about himself. I...It's...s-stuff...stuff h-happened. I g-got hurt...I thought p-people c-could change...it's n-nothing...just m-memories...I...uh...f-fell into a c-cactus patch a year ago? Wow...what a great lie...you fell into a cactus patch and almost lost all the skin on your chest? It's obvious he's lying.
    Nexus TVtropes page- "Large Ham - All over the place. Magtok, every single character of The Mad Hatter's..."

    I feel so proud of myself.

    Spoiler: Mutant and Proud
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #1450
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrchestraHc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    "I'd love to," Justin tells Julie. "I bet they're adorable little... Devils?" He remembers that Julie isn't actually human, but the biggest clue was the very naked finale of her last show, when she had the wings and tail. Very devilish. *CLUNK* "And that sounds like their college fund."

    Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

    My Characters

  11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lex-Kat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Avvie by DirtyTabs.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    [Infirmary w/ Reinholdt]

    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    "I don' need ta be escorted by that cowardly cyborg."

    Ermine scoffs at Magtok. She is not in a very good mood, for obvious reasons. She pointedly turns away from him and looks at Melody, tail still lashing.

    "If ye fink dis 'Erin' can help get us our revenge, let's go talk to 'er then. I've 'eard some nasty rumors about HALO, though."

    You hear the worst things about people when hanging around seedy bars with pirates and brigands.
    Melody looks up at Magtok, then back to Ermine. She pauses as she's about to say something, then decides better of it. Let's go. she stands up. The people at Halo are really nice people. Glog and Halo are allies. We shouldn't have much trouble.

    [Island Cave]

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Yeah, yeah." Vincent says, the area around him perfectly lit and the area just beyond that perfectly dark. There's no in between as Vincent proceeds further into the cave.
    The walls and ceiling of the cave are pink and smooth. The floor is soft, almost bouncy, and a darker shade of the pink.

    As they go further down the cave, Vincent may begin to notice a very unpleasant smell.

    Caroline does notice however. Ewwww! What's that smell? It's like.... she takes another whiff. Rotting fish.

    {Infirmary w/ Marty}

    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Marty tries to turn his face away. He didn't like talking about himself. I...It's...s-stuff...stuff h-happened. I g-got hurt...I thought p-people c-could change...it's n-nothing...just m-memories...I...uh...f-fell into a c-cactus patch a year ago? Wow...what a great lie...you fell into a cactus patch and almost lost all the skin on your chest? It's obvious he's lying.
    Don't lie to me, Marty. We need to know what has happened, if we are going to help you. She gives his foot a little tickle, to let him know what's in store, if he continues to lie.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Inner Circle. Lexdoll by Recaiden

    Nothing to See Here, nothing is recruiting.

  12. - Top - End - #1452
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lord Magtok's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Infirmary w/ Reinholdt

    Magtok offers up one last cold glare in Ermine's direction, before opening a telewarp portal to take himself home. Loathsome little scoundrel, that Reinholdt was. Whatever he got, he deserved. If he happened to leave some people behind to mourn him, then that's a terrible shame for those folks, but the cyborg isn't going to pretend to be friends with anyone just because an enemy of his died, especially not when she totally started it by shoving him and glaring for no reason at all.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"
    -Dracula
    Vamptok by Fullbladder

  13. - Top - End - #1453
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Under a very shiny rock.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Infirmary

    Marty tenses. He looks up at her slowly, as if deciding to tell her the truth. Eventually he tells her. ....There's m-many scars...f-from different things....My chest....G-Grendar d-did that....h-he was a gnoll...I was going t-to kill him...f-for Shada. Grendar hurt Shada...w-when she was a slave...b-but when I went b-back to Shada, after almost dieing...she was....g-gone...I....m-may I please n-not t-talk about the rest? That w-was enough..... Marty looks away and suddenly seems interested in counting the tiles on the floor.
    Nexus TVtropes page- "Large Ham - All over the place. Magtok, every single character of The Mad Hatter's..."

    I feel so proud of myself.

    Spoiler: Mutant and Proud
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #1454
    Orc in the Playground
     
    VampireRot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Reply Hazy. Ask again.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    [Infirmary w/ Reinholdt]

    Ermine just grunts wordlessly in response to Melody. She doesn't bother to point out that she's not a member of GLoG and is in fact an actual lawless pirate. From the less-scandalous talk of HALO she's heard, trouble is a real possibility.

    The pirate follows Melody, letting her lead the way to the other organization. She gives Reinholdt's corpse a mournful look as she exits the infirmary.
    Avatar by Gulaghar. Yeah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

  15. - Top - End - #1455
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Rebonack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The King's Grave

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    [Running into the Campsite]

    Oh Emperor be praised he can smell so many of them!

    Lost souls.

    Wandering and trapped in the mortal would.

    Ghosts! And lots of them too! All over the place!

    He doesn't know why they're here. And he doesn't know quite how he managed to find his way to this place. But at this point the Huldra really doesn't care. Mostly because he hasn't eaten anything in the past five days.

    The creature looks like a wolf-sized blue and black fox, his back covered in oak bark and moss. Wisps of blue Fox-Fire dance around him along with a single crimson orb.

    The demon fox pauses every now and again to sniff at the air before bounding off once more, drawing closer to his spectral prey!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Zee is a perfectly normal human female. You suspect nothing!


    Winifred 'Freddie' Fredrick
    Souls Nommed: 905
    Days Since Last Nomming: 0

    Amil 'Jeany' Wightson


    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

  16. - Top - End - #1456
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Slii Arhem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Where indeed
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "I'd love to," Justin tells Julie. "I bet they're adorable little... Devils?" He remembers that Julie isn't actually human, but the biggest clue was the very naked finale of her last show, when she had the wings and tail. Very devilish. *CLUNK* "And that sounds like their college fund."
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

    Julie nods, an eager smile spreading across her face as the shovels hit paydirt, "Devils, demons, whatever you care to call them. Of course, they're only half demonic, from my side. The other half is... well, you've seen Eric before.

    So, before we fish this up and crack her open, what's say we settle on shares? Does a 60/40 split sound fine to you, or are you going to get choosy?"
    Julie's smile gets downright mean. She appreciates Justin's help with this, but wants him to know she isn't putting him up as an equal in this venture.

    "Of course, you can skim a bit extra for that load of candy you brought, which might even things up a bit when all is said and done." Ah, and there's the carrot. It wouldn't be a bartering session with Julie without a bit of incentive.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

  17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    happyturtle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    undercovers

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Campsite

    Ghosts! Oh boy, ghosts. There's the kids playing volleyball on the beach. They seem to have acquired a ghost touch ball, though they fall through the net if they lunge that way. Then there's the dwarf ghost flirting with a ghost human lady who is dressed in royal finery. Then there's the infirmary building where a pretty strong ghost can be sensed. Wow, bet the people here would be so grateful to be rid of the ghost that haunts their infirmary!
    Is it okay to skip me? Probably.
    In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on.
    ~Robert Frost

    Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.

  18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    [Island Cave]

    "Oh. Ick. The 'we've been swallowed by a giant fish of some sort' level. I always hated these. Gross me out."

    He can't imagine they're very popular with anyone really.
    ~Chibi Rein by Siena
    Spoiler
    Show
    -My theme song.
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast

    [/music]
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

    Spoiler
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #1459
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Rebonack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The King's Grave

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    A ghost?

    In their hospital?

    Oh wow! Freddy is totally going for that one! Everyone knows that hospital ghosts are some of the worst and most creepy of ghosts around. Nothing ruins a place of healing quite like a specter that scares the jeeblies out of the sick peoples!

    [Into the Infirmary!]

    The demon-fox slips in through the door, potentially ignoring any humanoids as he sniffs about for the phantom he's hunting. He'll try to make this all as quick and quiet as he can.

    After all, he wouldn't want to disturb the sick people too much.

    That would be bad!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Zee is a perfectly normal human female. You suspect nothing!


    Winifred 'Freddie' Fredrick
    Souls Nommed: 905
    Days Since Last Nomming: 0

    Amil 'Jeany' Wightson


    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

  20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lex-Kat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Avvie by DirtyTabs.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Infirmary w/ Reinholdt

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Magtok offers up one last cold glare in Ermine's direction, before opening a telewarp portal to take himself home. Loathsome little scoundrel, that Reinholdt was. Whatever he got, he deserved. If he happened to leave some people behind to mourn him, then that's a terrible shame for those folks, but the cyborg isn't going to pretend to be friends with anyone just because an enemy of his died, especially not when she totally started it by shoving him and glaring for no reason at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Ermine just grunts wordlessly in response to Melody. She doesn't bother to point out that she's not a member of GLoG and is in fact an actual lawless pirate. From the less-scandalous talk of HALO she's heard, trouble is a real possibility.

    The pirate follows Melody, letting her lead the way to the other organization. She gives Reinholdt's corpse a mournful look as she exits the infirmary.
    Before he leaves, Melody waves sadly to Magtok. And then it's off to HALO, to find Erin.

    Melody isn't officially a member of GLoG, either. Though, I guess she's still on the roster.

    {Infirmary w/ Marty}

    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Marty tenses. He looks up at her slowly, as if deciding to tell her the truth. Eventually he tells her. ....There's m-many scars...f-from different things....My chest....G-Grendar d-did that....h-he was a gnoll...I was going t-to kill him...f-for Shada. Grendar hurt Shada...w-when she was a slave...b-but when I went b-back to Shada, after almost dieing...she was....g-gone...I....m-may I please n-not t-talk about the rest? That w-was enough..... Marty looks away and suddenly seems interested in counting the tiles on the floor.
    Vidalia caresses his head. Yes, that's enough. For now. But Marty, you need to talk to someone smarter than me about this. You need to be healed, inside and out, or you'll have nothing but pain.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Inner Circle. Lexdoll by Recaiden

    Nothing to See Here, nothing is recruiting.

  21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Halae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Questing
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Rowan Cabin

    "I'd be happy to, just wait here and I'll get the crib ready. It should hold all three of them just fine." Julie heads off to the children's room, taking Prism from Eric's arms if he lets her.

    She'll be in there for a bit before she has things cleaned up and presentable, but when she's done she calls out, "Come bring the kids in, we can probably drop them off and then head to supper if you'd like."
    [Rowan Cabin]

    Eric will take Scylla to the crib, where she will immediately attempt to flop on her (very slightly) older sister and grab at Prism's tails

    "What's on the menu anyways?" Eric, of course, isn't cooking it. Nobody wants to eat his cooking.

    Mainly because nobody likes food poisoning or macaroni that's been burnt until it's like kitty litter.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-04-19 at 08:27 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

    Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien

  22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lex-Kat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Avvie by DirtyTabs.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    [Island Cave]

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Oh. Ick. The 'we've been swallowed by a giant fish of some sort' level. I always hated these. Gross me out."

    He can't imagine they're very popular with anyone really.
    Caroline tries to turn Vincent around to better face her. Excuse me? Where did you just say we were?
    Spoiler
    Show

    Inner Circle. Lexdoll by Recaiden

    Nothing to See Here, nothing is recruiting.

  23. - Top - End - #1463
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ThePhantom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hiding in the shadows
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Cherry Cabin

    "Now, just a little bit of the saltpeter."

    Marley, are you sure you should be working with things that can explode? You do have a tendency to get distracted when working on your little projects. This is a bad...

    Outside

    BOOM!
    The roof of Cherry Cabin over Marley's room flies off into the lake, blown away by the explosion.
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2012-04-19 at 08:28 PM.
    Avatar by Emperor Ing

    LoC Ancients of Void Ap
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current AP 15/15 +2Pantheon AP

  24. - Top - End - #1464
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Under a very shiny rock.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Infirmary

    Marty only reacts to her touch by closing his eyes. ...B-But...I d-don't like t-to talk t-to people....those k-kind of p-people...they d-dissect you...l-like a frog...I'm n-not a frog. Yes Marty...you are not a frog. Blech...I'm s-sore...been sleeping h-here....oh...um...May I have my c-clothes back? P-Please? He frowns before trying to sit up.
    Nexus TVtropes page- "Large Ham - All over the place. Magtok, every single character of The Mad Hatter's..."

    I feel so proud of myself.

    Spoiler: Mutant and Proud
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    happyturtle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    undercovers

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Infirmary

    Nurse Piper is standing at a counter, her back to Freddy. Betcha she'd doing something horrible to their medication! And when she turns around, her face is all gribbly horrible scary, like a plague victim or something! That's always the way, right Freddy?
    Is it okay to skip me? Probably.
    In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on.
    ~Robert Frost

    Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.

  26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    [Island Cave]

    "I said we're inside a giant fish. We got ate." Vincent says, rather calmly.
    ~Chibi Rein by Siena
    Spoiler
    Show
    -My theme song.
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast

    [/music]
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

    Spoiler
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #1467
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Rebonack's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The King's Grave

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    [Infirmary]

    Oh no!

    She's totally a creepy scary ghost! And since her face is all gross and covered in pox she might even be one of those specters that spreads diseases and plagues!

    Those are the worst kind.

    "Don't worry everyone!" the Huldra calls out to anyone who feels inclined to listen. "I'll save you from this horrible ghost!"

    Woohoo!

    Save the day Freddy!

    Several wisps of Fox-Fire dart out from the demon-fox to bind the nurse-ghost with ethereal chains!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Zee is a perfectly normal human female. You suspect nothing!


    Winifred 'Freddie' Fredrick
    Souls Nommed: 905
    Days Since Last Nomming: 0

    Amil 'Jeany' Wightson


    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

  28. - Top - End - #1468
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrchestraHc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

    Julie nods, an eager smile spreading across her face as the shovels hit paydirt, "Devils, demons, whatever you care to call them. Of course, they're only half demonic, from my side. The other half is... well, you've seen Eric before.

    So, before we fish this up and crack her open, what's say we settle on shares? Does a 60/40 split sound fine to you, or are you going to get choosy?"
    Julie's smile gets downright mean. She appreciates Justin's help with this, but wants him to know she isn't putting him up as an equal in this venture.

    "Of course, you can skim a bit extra for that load of candy you brought, which might even things up a bit when all is said and done." Ah, and there's the carrot. It wouldn't be a bartering session with Julie without a bit of incentive.
    Lakeside - Tommorow

    "Sure you can have forty, I'll take my sixty off the top." He gives her a sly wink and smile. "In seriousness though, If your dead set on getting the bigger share... Gimme first pick of anything interesting and theeeeen... 45% sound good? First pick before an even split was his usual fee. He tries to get as close to that without pushing it. "That too choosy or- Say, you wouldn't have happened to watch a lot of Clint Eastwood movies would you?" He is Blondie, after all.

    Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

    My Characters

  29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    happyturtle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    undercovers

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    Infirmary

    Nurse Piper is caught! She turns to face Freddy, somehow, and using her Voice says, "Stop that at once, young man!"

    The Voice has the psychological ability to make you feel small and ashamed, as if you were a child who has just been scolded by an authority figure. It is only psychological, not magical in any way, and completely dependent on the recipient being vulnerable to that sort of thing. It's not a raised voice - Nurse Piper never raises her voice - just especially firm and authoritative.

    Other than that, she has no ability to resist.
    Is it okay to skip me? Probably.
    In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on.
    ~Robert Frost

    Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.

  30. - Top - End - #1470
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Bushranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuck here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

    [By the Lake]

    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    "No, no it is not. Unless you're the type of Exalted that can turn complicated relationships and various related things into ducks or something. And even then I don't think ducks will help. Sorry. It's not that interesting yet, as much as I would wish for it to be so sometimes."
    "Ahhhh. Sorry, no, not a Sidereal here," Shrike says apologetically. "But since I doubt you came here to make things more complicated, whatcanIdoferya?"

    [Infirmary]

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    A ghost?

    In their hospital?

    Oh wow! Freddy is totally going for that one! Everyone knows that hospital ghosts are some of the worst and most creepy of ghosts around. Nothing ruins a place of healing quite like a specter that scares the jeeblies out of the sick peoples!

    [Into the Infirmary!]

    The demon-fox slips in through the door, potentially ignoring any humanoids as he sniffs about for the phantom he's hunting. He'll try to make this all as quick and quiet as he can.

    After all, he wouldn't want to disturb the sick people too much.

    That would be bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Infirmary

    Nurse Piper is standing at a counter, her back to Freddy. Betcha she'd doing something horrible to their medication! And when she turns around, her face is all gribbly horrible scary, like a plague victim or something! That's always the way, right Freddy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Infirmary]

    Oh no!

    She's totally a creepy scary ghost! And since her face is all gross and covered in pox she might even be one of those specters that spreads diseases and plagues!

    Those are the worst kind.

    "Don't worry everyone!" the Huldra calls out to anyone who feels inclined to listen. "I'll save you from this horrible ghost!"

    Woohoo!

    Save the day Freddy!

    Several wisps of Fox-Fire dart out from the demon-fox to bind the nurse-ghost with ethereal chains!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Infirmary

    Nurse Piper is caught! She turns to face Freddy, somehow, and using her Voice says, "Stop that at once, young man!"

    The Voice has the psychological ability to make you feel small and ashamed, as if you were a child who has just been scolded by an authority figure. It is only psychological, not magical in any way, and completely dependent on the recipient being vulnerable to that sort of thing. It's not a raised voice - Nurse Piper never raises her voice - just especially firm and authoritative.

    Other than that, she has no ability to resist.


    "Hey! You leave Nurse Piper alone!"
    This voice comes from a child - well, OK, teenager. With red hair pulled back in a braid, and her eyes sparkling with fury as she spots the intruding foxy thing.

    It's the kind of voice that might make a fox think she's scolding it and saying 'bad doggie - no biscuit!'.

    Expecially since she happens to have a little fox in her herself!

    And boy, does she look furious!

    At Freddy, not the ghost!
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-04-19 at 09:04 PM.

    Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show


    Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

    BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •