New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

Butler - Andy - Moff

Andy didn't get what Butler wants to tell him and looks confused. Since Butler makes no attemp to stop the Moff he guess what he wanted to say.

"Well then I think you are a bit distracted now. Have fun."

And he heads away. He thinks if it really was a good idea to talk with Butler. He is to easy to manipulate. Well let's get over to the bar. He needs a drink or two.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Bar

Magtok does his best to try to ignore the Missy/Javert dance without looking like he's going out of his way to ignore it. A difficult thing to do, when there's nobody around to talk to. Argh, dammit, why is he still dwelling on that?! Why is he comparing himself to the performance of some smelly mercenary who relies on physical exertion and mindless, murderous drudgery to stay out of the poorhouse? He could do twelve times better if he put in anywhere near the effort that those two do in learning and practicing and everything else.

Jezebel is more than welcome to seek him out and provide a better distraction and conversation partner than the drink he's been sipping at for the last minute or two. This stupid glass is about half-empty now, anyway.

"Need something, ma'am?"

He doesn't say a word about the cult stuff he learned a few moments ago, naturally. Nothing to gain by divulging what he knows before he can get any sort of read on how she'd react to such a revelation. He could be responded to with anything from bribes to bludgeon to flat-out apathy and scoffing at the idea that what she's done is in any way a secret. Besides, she seems pretty upset right now, and Magtok has plenty of clones, making him an entirely viable and socially acceptable target for any pent-up murderous frustration the lady might be bearing. Let's not tempt fate if we can avoid it.
    Bar - Magtok

After Jezebel gets herself a drink, she offers a slight smile to the cyborg. "Mostly, I was wondering what you thought of the show for now. I hope it's living up to expectations. And the most amusing part has yet to happen."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Reelshka will try to slowly lead Pathfinder into whatever dance is going on at the moment, hoping she remembers enough from Wolfy's lessons.
    Reelshka and Pathfinder

Once the dancing is over, the Wolfen is obviously feeling quiet happy and guides the goblin to a table where food is promptly served. "I hope I didn't do too badly." He says a bit sheepishly.

Vasquez and Jake

Vas gives him a slight smirk. "Why do you ask? Hoping I can win an open-minded and spry lady for your entertainment?" She asks him, obviously joking.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-03-04 at 11:53 AM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

[Cabaret - Dipsnig & Grace]

Grace might find herself approached by a certain short, brown-skinned gentleman in strangely pseudo-military uniform.
    Good evening, Miss Grace, he says in a surprisingly polite tone.

[Reelshka and Pathfinder]

You did very well, Pathfinder, Reelshka says as she's led to the refreshment table. It was quite a pleasure dancing with you. I guess we were both missing out, not knowing much about it until now or recently.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Butler - Andy - Moff

"Butler? Do you want me to stop?" Moff asks. He sees no reason why Butler should be deprived of pets just because Andy doesn't like it. This is Butler's choice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Butler - Andy - Moff

Andy didn't get what Butler wants to tell him and looks confused. Since Butler makes no attemp to stop the Moff he guess what he wanted to say.

"Well then I think you are a bit distracted now. Have fun."

And he heads away. He thinks if it really was a good idea to talk with Butler. He is to easy to manipulate. Well let's get over to the bar. He needs a drink or two.
    Butler - Moff

Butler was telling him to just go talk to a woman!

But then Andy leaves.
    "No sir." He tells Moff.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder and Reelshka

"Thank you." He says sincerely as he grabs a plate full of well-cooked meats. Bit too well cooked for his liking, but he'd make due. "The dances in my tribe tend to be much more barbaric and "free". Nothing formal to it for the most part."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Jake and Vas

Jake pretends to consider it for a moment. "It seems fair. After all, you get two men."

Moff and Butler

"Don't forget to pet her ears!" Moff calls after Andy, to add to Butler's advice. Then turning his attention back to Butler completely. "You're so sexy when you purr."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

[Pathfinder and Reelshka]

Oh, I can understand that. Strangely enough, goblin dances are the same way. It's also seen as something only young goblins do. I imagine my family would see me being here as scandalous, she adds with a chuckle.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Moff and Butler

"Don't forget to pet her ears!" Moff calls after Andy, to add to Butler's advice. Then turning his attention back to Butler completely. "You're so sexy when you purr."
    Moff and Butler

Petting ears is good advice. Butler wishes he thought of it.

"Thanrrrrk you sirrrrr." Butler manages to say to Moff as he trails into that happy content place of purring fuzzies. He could stay like this forever.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Jake and Vasquez

She gives a chuckle, glad of how much he's changed. "Alright. Just tell me which one when they get up on stage. Though, considering that little show earlier, I have a feeling who it might be."

Reelshka and Pathfinder

Pathfinder's ears fall back a bit as he ponders what she says. "I don't bother you, do I? I'll understand if you're uncomfortable."

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Reelshka looks taken aback. Oh, no. I'm sorry... I didn't mean it that way. It's just that other goblins, including my family, think of me as too free-spirited, if you know what I mean. But I don't care what they think. And she really doesn't.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Reelshka and Pathfinder

Pathfinder's ears perk back up at her words, and he gives her a gentle smile before reaching out to give her hand a squeeze. "Good. Everyone should be so carefree."

12. - Top - End - #312
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [After the Show - Irena and Nadia]

Nadia puts a show on of thinking about it for a moment then nods again. "I think that would work." She concedes.

[The Dena and Kirk show]

Ah, looks like it's going to be a struggle with her managing to defeat his initial lunge. After a bit, however, he manages to get her pinned. He kneels straddled over her with enough of his weight on her that she won't be able to wriggle away easily. He hold both of her wrists in one hand so she can't use them to escape either. Somehow in the struggle Dena retrieved a tanglefoot bag from her cloak. They'll be stuck together for a few more minutes even after this is resolved. (Godmod approved.)

Kirk reaches to the side and retrieves his hat, depositing it on his head. "If you can't behave yourself, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with you." He smirks down at her. "But I think you've learned your lesson, so I can let you go." He leans over her, putting his lips by her ear. "But maybe you don't want me to let you go?" He proceeds to try and lay kisses down her neck and then lets go of her hands.

"But if no one is ugly, I get to bid on the hotties right?" Irena teases.

[The Dena and Kirk show]

"Yeah, lesson learned, next time I'll try something more deadly then tickling." She sarcastically replies right before Kirk start to whisper in her ear.

Amazingly she does not try to escape once he let go of her hands, instead she returns his kiss and brings her lips to his ear in turn. "You're lucky you are so hot." And she finishes that sentence by bringing her tongue into his ear... and we can put a second curtain there.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Reelshka's hand is squeezed and she smiles warmly. I'm glad you think so. Goblin society is so stiff and formal. It was really refreshing to leave and meet all sorts of new people.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bar - Mag & Jez

"It's certainly been entertaining. Not entirely sure coming here without anyone on my arm was entirely the brightest move, in retrospect, but there's always a chance the auction will say differently."

It hadn't quite dawned on him until recently, but there really is a lot of options, and not quite as many people liable to bid on things as he originally suspected. It's not going to be easy to avoid falling into that MagPimp image the media seems dead-set on sticking to him, but then again, I'm not sure he minds enough to do anything to stop them.

Elsewhere

Magtok reaches a hand out for the empty glass when he's done, quietly reprimanding himself as he does so. That stupid idiot actually went so far as to entertain the notion of using the DNA that would be left on the glass to add Missy to the cloning records, and keep a duplicate or two of her body around as some sort of potential anti-Remnant ploy.

"You're welcome."

Magtok feels vaguely lame as he leans against a wall and backs right out into a portal. Dammit cyborg, you don't just say 'you're welcome', you say something witty and clever and amazing after being presented such a convenient opening like that! You should've disappeared saying something cool and badass, something that would magically overwrite all the awkward drama and Vasquez-assassinating and stuff. Something that will change the fact that you were only really dating in the fist place because of your stupid ego nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Moff and Butler

Ear pettings continue. Probably till the auction starts.

Jake and Vas

Jake pulls Vasquez against him and bites her ear. "You crazy, beautiful woman. Do you really think I could handle more than one woman, when one of them is you?"

Elsewhere

"Magtok, do you think -?"
    Missy starts to say, then breaks it off when she realizes he already left. She closes her eyes and waits for the medication to work so she can go back to the party.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Jake and Vas

Vasquez chuckles. "Maybe. But I'd sure as hell know you'd try."

Reelshka and Pathfinder

"My tribe is quite a bit more wild than most people would probably like."
    He tells her proudly. "My Naming Ceremony a little over a year ago was the largest party I went to until this one, and it was a full day of feasting, dancing, and ceremony."

Bar - Mags and Jezebel

She gives a chuckle. "Well, if nothing else, I'd love to have the honor of you bidding on me. As hostess I plan to be the first up."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-03-04 at 05:47 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Reelshka's ears perk up in interest. Naming ceremony? Is that some sort of custom where a tribe member gets their proper name? She's heard some cultures wait with giving names until adulthood. Of course, as it slowly dawns on her, it means Pathfinder is somewhat younger than she thought...

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmmm..." That's a tough one, but there is some weird logic on Irena's side. Nadia shakes her head. "Nope. Then you can only bid on men." Yes, that is satisfactory.

[The Dena and Kirk show]

Another while later, Kirk has probably overexerted himself for the evening. Oh well. He looks rather satisfied at least. "We're going to miss the auction at this rate." He says, not quite able to keep his breathing under control.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Reelshka and Pathfinder

"We are given our adult Names during the Winter Festival during our 16th year."
    He tells her. "Some of us earn other names later, but they have to be given to us either through ceremony or from someone truly special to us."

20. - Top - End - #320
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bar - Mags and Jezebel

Magtok raises an eyebrow, and then grins.

"Well I'll give it a shot, but I think Reinholdt over there's been gawking in your general direction for the last ten minutes or so, and he's got all of that adventurer money to fight back with, so no promises."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Jake and Vas

"And do you think anyone who is going to be up on that stage could handle you?"
    Jake asks. "Maybe we should spare them all the embarrassment and slip out now, before the auction starts."

Elsewhere >> Ladies Room >> Cabaret

When her neural net gives the okay, Missy gets to her feet, puts her heels back on, and heads back to the dance, stopping at the ladies room on the way to freshen up her appearance. She glances around to look for her date - and to do a head count to see if anyone has been assassinated while she was out of commission.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Mags and Jezebel - Bar

Jezebel gives a slight bow with an almost girlish giggle. "Which reminds me, I need to get to the stage to start the bidding. Best of luck, Lord." She tells him before trying to head to the stage.

Missy and Javert - Cabaret

Missy will see that Harnel and Cessie are gone, but Javert is seated at a table with a drink in his hand with an odd expression on his face. He has that slight smile that seems to be permanent, but the rest of his expression is that of disappointment. When he sees Missy, he stands from his seat after setting the champagne down.

Jake and Vasquez

Vasquez gives a husky chuckle before reaching out to take Jake's hand and giving it a squeeze. "Perhaps you're right about what we should do. Wasn't going to bid anyway."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-03-04 at 10:16 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

Missy and Javert - Cabaret

Lucky for Javert, Missy already saw Cessie storm out, so she isn't going to attribute Harnel's absence to assassination. She notes that Kirk and Dena are also missing however.

She puts out her hand to take Javert's as he approaches. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been gone so long." she says, looking embarrassed.

Jake and Vasquez

Jake immediately puts money down at the bar to cover their drinks, plus a generous tip, and leads his lady towards the hotel.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Missy and Javert

"I think..." Javert says, giving her hand a squeeze. "I think it'd be best if I go. I apologize, but I know when my presence is uncomfortable." He tells her before letting go of her hand. "I do wish you the best of nights though. I enjoyed the dance."

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Missy and Javert

"So did I,"
    Missy says honestly. She slumps into a chair and watches him go, feeling utterly miserable.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Javert and Missy

Javert's smile finally turns to a slight frown for once as he adjusts his suit before turning to leave. "I..." He starts, his back turned to her. He doesn't finish though and just shakes his head slightly before heading on out. He'd been entirely truthful to her during the night, more than amiable, and had even been the one to invite her to the event as his +1. It felt like a smudge to his pride that he had to be the one to leave, but it was better than staying with someone who could only pretend to relax when you were around.

Because of his admittances, he expects someone to come knocking on his door sometime.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

Javert and Missy

Great job, Halifax. That's two men you've run off in less than ten minutes.

"Javert, wait." she says, looking up, but not standing to go after him.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Missy and Javert

Javert stops a few steps away and takes a deep breath before letting out a sigh and looking over his shoulder, that slight smile returned to his face. By now, she'll probably have figured that it's fake most of the time, possibly caused by the damage the shrapnel that the scars on his face hint that happened sometime a while back.

Closing his eyes and letting out another sigh he turns around and walks back to the table. He doesn't take a seat yet. "I've been honest this entire night, Halifax. I'd like it if you were so with me."

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

Missy and Javert

Missy looks up at him, then takes the drink he left behind and drains it, setting the glass down. A small sign of trust.

Besides, she needed a drink.

"Okay. Honesty. I can do that," she says with a weak smile, and waits for him to take a seat.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Missy and Javert

Javert watches her carefully before pulling out his seat and sitting down in a single smooth motion. "Why?" He asks, as if she knew exactly what he was asking. He knows he should be gentler with her as he can tell she's not in the best of ways at the moment, but believing it to be entirely his fault, he just wants to know what all he was doing wrong. Being able to show someone a grand time was part of how he was raised and something he had always thought he was good at.

While he waits for an answer, he takes another pair of champagne flutes from a passing Mask, leaves a few gold coins on the platter in payment and sets one in front of each of them.