New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

Naethalee & Defelent

Gah! I could have sworn I'd replied to that.

"If they do, I hope they keep their mouths shut. They won't know where to find the temple, but they know me, and that I'm a priest." Defelent has no qualms about criminal acts, and actively supports quite a few.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I'd be delighted to, Reelshka says earnestly. It feels like her life has taken quite a turn again, but it happens pretty often to her.
    Reelshka and Pathfinder

Pathfinder gives her a gentle smile before his ears fall back slightly. "I suppose there is something I should tell you before this goes any further."

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

[Reelshka and Pathfinder]

Reelshka frowns slightly and her ears fall back a little as well. Thi sounds ominous. Better to get it out of the way now, I suppose. What is it?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Oh, it was absolutely amazing!" Dani gushes. "So romantic, and so sweet! I wish everybody could have a romance like that!"

(I, however, must sleep. )
    "Hmmm..."

Meidani smiles bittersweetly. "Maybe."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

[Naethalee]

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Gah! I could have sworn I'd replied to that.

"If they do, I hope they keep their mouths shut. They won't know where to find the temple, but they know me, and that I'm a priest." Defelent has no qualms about criminal acts, and actively supports quite a few.
    "And you are, of course, a dangerous man."
    Naethalee smirks, wriggling her eyebrows.

[Dani]

Dani notices the bittersweet look.
    Hesitates.
    Then goes to hug Meidani tightly, not caring who sees.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-03-06 at 07:15 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

And Meidani will hug back! "Thanks."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Reelshka frowns slightly and her ears fall back a little as well. Thi sounds ominous. Better to get it out of the way now, I suppose. What is it?
    Reelshka and Pathfinder

"I..." He starts, pausing for a moment to collect his words. "I can't stay monogamous in a relationship. There are certain duties that I have to attend to as my tribe's Shaman once the former passes on or "Retires". If I choose to stay in GLoG, I would be leaving on occasion. And I can't say for how long unless I train another to take my place."

8. - Top - End - #398
    Orc in the Playground

Defelent & Despair

"No. I'm not a dangerous man. I'm a normal man whose father was possessed by a demon and who happens to have found the favour of a powerful deity and come across an unusual weapon." The weapon is his mace, which drains the life-force of anybody who is hit with it. Naethalee has seen it- it was in the chest with the whip and Tracy's underwear in Defelent's room in the Riverside Temple.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Barbarian in the Playground

Amil is here!

Here for the speech.

Here for the show.

No doubt heard about this from Grace. No doubt Grace knows well enough that Amil has been trying to help the Nexus be a better place in her own way. This is just another way to help.

At present the jeanstealer appears mostly human in shape, though she isn't hiding her true colors either. There's no reason to be nervous here at a charity auction, right? And she's even garbed in formal wear!

That thin satiny stuff doesn't work well with her figure though. The armored portions of her skin would just ruin it. So true to form she's in a surprisingly elegant denim dress, decorated with brass clasps and buttons.

And for now?

For now she's watching everyone dance. Contemplating the story. Contemplating the speech.

And of course contemplating who she might try to buy for a day.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [After the Show - Irena and Nadia]

Nadia grins and giggles. "It's you, silly. I'd bid on you if I wasn't up on stage with you."

[The Dena and Kirk Show]

Kirk gives her a genuine smile. "I've enjoyed spending time with you too. We should go dancing more often." He suggests, and he's not even implying anything either.

"Oh." <.<
    Well, that was slightly awkward. "...well, I would totally bid for you as well if I hadn't been up there with you." Nice save Irena. Of course, she didn't feel especially sexy or hot but as long as she was good enough for Nadia it was fine.

[The Dena and Kirk Show]

"Perhaps I should show you some of the dances I know, if you can handle it of course." Dena replies, giving Kirk a last playful slap on the rear before she joins him downstairs.

11. - Top - End - #401

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Bar Counter - Reinholdt]

Reinholdt already has one hand in his pockets cause it's bandaged up! Based on how he had to work around handshakes for Kal, it's the closest to Nephea. Rein does not check his pockets, even though there is a chance there could be something in the other.

"Right. Charity..." Reinholdt says, in thought. He takes a sip of his rum and coke.

"Maybe something else though? What would that be?"
    Sadly, if that bandaged hand were to be out on display, so to speak, then Reinholdt would be bombarded by questions from the apprentice alchemist to see if she could work her craft on the wound. She really was eager to put what she had learned to use.. Maybe a bit too eager at times. That might account for the random assortment of small capsules she had scattered about in various pockets. Hidden ones mostly.

"Oh yeah. Just looking for someone who'd be up for some adventure, mostly. Even though I think most of the ones being auctioned off are gonna be mostly 'for show' and all, I'm betting I can find at least one person who'll be willing." the catamander said. It was about as close as she would get to suggesting she was here to 'hire' a person for a specific sort of 'job.' Mostly involving 'redistribution of goods and wares' with the potential of actually picking up something important.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh NOW I remember you. You were the one in BDD offering me a job to go get some treasure before being dragged off by a golem of some sort." Reinholdt says.

"You ever find it?" The treasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #403

...Wait what?

Nephea was absolutely certain that she had only spoken to two people about this and the person in front of her certainly wasn't a drowess. At least, not unless that drowess got her kicks in some really weird ways. Then again, it is the Nexus so illusionists or shape shi- Wait a second.

"Now, hold on a bit here but are you a shape-shifter by any chance? Like, can you turn into a little blue cat?" the catamander asked. She honestly couldn't remember if that had been brought up during that conversation given the time that had passed. Then again, she had been a bit more interested in the tales of treasure hunting anyway so that small detail might have just slipped by in favor of more fun things to listen to.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    [KRolinukimir*]
    *Which sounds like some sort of horrible creation of mad science.

The Angel looks happy. "Oh, that's awesome. I was in Watchtower for all of 3 pages. I quite enjoyed my time there. Sagenod." He actually says "sagenod". While sagenodding. "You run a good acronym place without acronyms. Acronyms are so overdone these days. So which two of you are the leaders of Watchtower?"

Actually, he doesn't know Ilpholin that well, either. For all he knows, she might be one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [KRolinukimir]

"They are. They run it as a couple. An interesting choice if you have to ask me." Ilpholin says.

Relationships in the workplace! Madness!
    [KRolinukimir]

Wenomir nods. He decides to pay no mind to the angel's really strange expression. For all he knows, "page" is a measurement of time somewhere. I thought you looked familiar. And yes, we both run Watchtower. There's a third leader as well, but he's not here.

[KRolinukimir]

"I would say that's fudging the reality of the situation somewhat. We run WATCHTOWER, and we are a couple. The two are unrelated."

Not that anyone would care anyway. WATCHTOWER is a hotbed of fraternization, isn't it?

"He can, actually. Or so I hear." Says Kal, who may have dropped out of the conversation momentarily, but is back and has been eavesdropping WITH A VENGEANCE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Reelshka and Pathfinder

"I..." He starts, pausing for a moment to collect his words. "I can't stay monogamous in a relationship. There are certain duties that I have to attend to as my tribe's Shaman once the former passes on or "Retires". If I choose to stay in GLoG, I would be leaving on occasion. And I can't say for how long unless I train another to take my place."
    Reelshka's ears twitch as she digests that. That's the first time she's heard of a shaman required to do... that. But then, she doesn't know a whole lot about such cultures.
    Well... I suppose that's alright with me. Duties are duties. We'll see how it works out.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"Oh." <.<
    Well, that was slightly awkward. "...well, I would totally bid for you as well if I hadn't been up there with you." Nice save Irena. Of course, she didn't feel especially sexy or hot but as long as she was good enough for Nadia it was fine.

[The Dena and Kirk Show]

"Perhaps I should show you some of the dances I know, if you can handle it of course." Dena replies, giving Kirk a last playful slap on the rear before she joins him downstairs.

"Don't act so surprised." Nadia says, grinning like a fool. She looks forward again and rests her head on Irena's shoulder.

[After the Show - Dena and Kirk]

Kirk chuckles as they head out of the room and back to the party proper. "We'll just have to find out." Once they do arrive back, Kirk glances around briefly. "Good, we never missed anything. That would be a shame if you won that bet without me even getting a chance."

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah... well... it's more like I'm a little blue cat that can turn into an incredible human stud." Reinholdt says, turning to Kal with a slight frown. "And it seems some have heard of me."

This calls for drinking more of that rum. Gulp. He looks back at Nephea.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Dani giggles, and sips her champagne!

===

Naethalee just chuckles, shaking her head.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #409
    Orc in the Playground

Defelent and Naethalee

"I suppose the combination may make me a dangerous man." He could have anybody who displeases him sent to the Hermitage and sacrificed! He'd do it himself, but it's harder to dispose of the bodies in a city when you're keeping yourself undercover.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

[Naethalee]

"Exactly," Naethalee says with a grin, looking quite pleased to have won the argument.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #411
    Orc in the Playground

Defelent and Naethalee

"I wonder when the auction will be starting; I hope I'm not first. I wouldn't be able to help choose a mutually agreeable partner then." Unless Naethalee buys him, of course.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Reelshka's ears twitch as she digests that. That's the first time she's heard of a shaman required to do... that. But then, she doesn't know a whole lot about such cultures.
    Well... I suppose that's alright with me. Duties are duties. We'll see how it works out.
    Reelshka and Pathfinder

Pathfinder gives her a slight smile and tries to squeeze her hand again. "Thanks for understanding. I really do wish to know you better." He tells her sincerely right before a little bell sounds from the stage to attract everyone's attention.

Stage

The curtain rises to show a wrought iron cage that's covered in silver and gold plated filigree, in front of the locked door, Jezebel stands in her dress with a smile. "It is time!" She tells everyone. "All those who wish to bid, please take a seat nearby. Those who signed up to be auctioned off can take a seat here too. First, the rules. Obviously, the highest bid wins. It's the only one that we take as well, so if you don't win the bid, you don't need to worry about us taking your purse." She tells them with a slight smile.

"To guarantee the safety of those being auctioned off, they cannot be asked to do anything illegal, nor are they required to do anything they really aren't comfortable with. One final note for them, if they truly do not wish to go with someone who wins the bid, they can choose to go with the runner up, but please do so quietly by informing one of the Masks."

"Now, I believe we can begin."
    She tells them with a grin. "As Hostess, I have decided to place myself up here first, with all the others in randomized order." She takes a key from a necklace around her neck and casts a wink at the crowd before unlocking the cage and passing the key to the actress who played Tualth. With a bow, Jezebel grips the front of her dress before ripping it away, revealing a lavender babydoll-style negligee that's laced up her sides. Plenty of her skin is showing of course. The attire is obviously meant to entice as many bids as possible.

She wanted a good start to the show.

"Any questions or requests while you bid?"
    She asks with a teasing wink as the auction begins.

((Jezebel's Auction will be over at 10PM my time tomorrow, a little over 24 hours from now. Depending on how it goes, different rules might be used for the others.))

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

[KRolinukimir]

"Oh. Hmm... excuse me." Ilpholin says, breaking off from the group to go sit at a table to herself.

Since it seems other people are too timid, or perhaps distracted, Ilpholin opens up.
    "I bid 200 gp." She says, raising her bidding paddle if she has one. Way more fun if they do.
    A low number to start.

Reinholdt's attention is drawn away, but he doesn't bid.

[Moffler]

I don't know if Butler's even noticed the auction has started. Purr purr.

None of the above seem to have any extra requests or questions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Jezebel's Auction

"300 gp" Xifra counters. Of course, she can have Jezebel any time she wants, and she'd give her money to the church regardless, but it's too fun not to participate.

Moffler

"You going to bid on anyone, Butler?" Moff asks, letting up on the petting a bit to see if it clears his head.

Wherever Magtok Is

If Magtok's phone is on, he may be getting a text message from Missy's number.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by MagTxt View Post
    "It's fine if you're already over me because I know you're out of my league and I'm too messed up to be worth the trouble. I think you should find someone really nice at the party and be happy and you'll always be in my HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-03-08 at 02:56 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #415

Mime

Alright Mime the auction's started! Search your pockets, what've you got?

I...

Okay.

You... you have the snowglobe that you got from that weird little shop that you hardly ever shake. You have some lint. You have 2 gold pieces.

Mime, you came here for the auction, right? So... you must have brought some money. That's... the premise of an auction. It's a sales transaction.

See! I knew you had some actual money tucked away somewh- okay so you've got three gold. Swell. Just... See if you can find Magtok. I'm sure he'd lend you some money, right?

Wherever Magtok Is

Magtok will see who is surely his second favourite street performer (at least!) approaching him, smiling broadly.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

[KR]

KR watches the proceedings, but doesn't bid.
    Yet.

[Kal]

"Well, you are kind of famous."

He also watches the proceedings, but doesn't bid.

Dammit Kris, do you have any characters who are willing to put up a bit of money to buy someone?

"Well, yes, actually."

Lanthil sashays in, resplendent in a form-fitting, glittering red gown backless enough to accomodate both her wings and her tail, which she happens to be wearing in their full glory. Her hair has been pinned up into an elaborate bun, and in general, she looks absolutely divine. As she should.

"500 gp." She calls, grinning broadly.

She's not really interested in buying Jezebel, not really. Perhaps one of the auctionees may later catch her eye. For now, she's just doing her part to make other people part with their moneys.

((I think this is allowed? The auction is open to everybody now, right? I'm pretty sure this is allowed. I'll baleet this part if it's not allowed.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

27. - Top - End - #417

Jezebel's Auction
    Dave thinks.
    If he won this he could totally use her to help him move furniture and such into his and Clarissa's new house.
    "501 GP!" Dave calls out.
    He's a shrewd bidder
    ((I sure hope auctionies can vote on other auctionies))
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-03-08 at 07:14 AM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Reelshka squeezes Pathfinder's hand back with a smile, then focuses her attention on the stage. Well that's a... display to be remembered.

[KR, Wenomir & Haruki]

Wenomir also watches Jezebel, but doesn't intend to bid for now either.

[Michalson]

Michalson manages not to wolf-whistle and considers bidding, but there's no way he could afford it.

[Cabaret - Dipsnig and Grace]

Dipsnig, or his player for that matter, weren't informed.
    I'm glad to hear that. And then the auction begins. And Dipsnig, out of pure mischief, calls out:
    550 gp!

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

Jezebel's Auction

"660." Xifra bids, giving Jezebel a wink and a blown kiss.

You look so hot in that cage, she sends telepathically to her Mistress.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

[Michalson]

Ah, what the hell, Michalson thinks and shouts: 650 gp! It'll put a dent in his savings if he wins, but he'll manage.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-03-08 at 10:51 AM.