Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1440
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Halloween Night -> Lobby

    Ezreal will follow the others. He is much more carefull now, since this room was creepy and dangerouse. He wonder what their prupose was. He heads to the lobby as well, just to see ... black?

    "What's going on here?"
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-11-13 at 04:58 PM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  2. - Top - End - #1262
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    The Darkened Way

    Gertrude looks around with wonder, until she notices the leg and starts moving as far away as she can in a flat direction. She's chanting as she does so, a pair of glowing teal dragonfly wings fade into view behind her and her shoes glow. As she goes past, she'll try grabbing Kayla by the arm.
    Semper in faecibus suvum, sole profundum variant.

    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I have a point!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wolfbane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Halloween Night - Bar

    Trisha smiles at Michicora's comment and leans her head up to try and nibble the Elf's ear. "I think you know." She whispers as she tries to run her hand down Michi's back. "So what do you say we hurry and get out of here?" She asks right before the bar is set on fire.

    When the flames leap up, she hisses in anger, skin paling to a translucent shimmer above her muscles, and she backs up a step. Michicora will see her eyes blacken over and the Champion reaches up to grab the rose sticking out of her dress. When she pulls it out, she reveals that it is a small dagger with the hilt of a rose. Unless Michicora stops her, Trisha will slash the dagger across her own palm, causing it to grow into the size of a longsword due to the blood-offering, and will leap at Spec, furious at the attempt to destroy things with fire. If Michicora is unable to stop her, the longsword will be aimed to be a slash at Spec's primary sword arm, specifically at the elbow.

    Toward The Light => The Party

    Vinny seems momentarily stunned when the shadows touch him, his eyes glazed over and tilting slightly on his feet. Only when he nearly falls does he snap out of it, catching himself before he could do anything more than stumble, and shakes his head. When Elaine calls out to him, he tilts his head and looks at her for a moment before attempting to grab her, toss her over his shoulder, and shout triumphantly in true Viking fashion.
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris


  4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    happyturtle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    undercovers

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Party

    "Vinny! What are you doing? Put me down this instant!" Elaine demands, pounding her fists against his meaty back.
    Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    Interested in Nexus FFRP? Read here and here then dive in. Newcomers welcome.
    My Characters | Nexus Digest 78 | Formspring Index | Objects
    Stories | Smile! | Smile Big!
    Avatars for Adoption


  5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Halloween Lobby

    "It appears to be dark and people are trying to make it light sir." Butler explains to Ezreal. Since he asked and all.

    Butler will follow close behind Ez and Jace, though looks around for Candy Corn Decker.
    ~Chibi Rein by Siena
    Spoiler
    Show
    -My theme song.
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast

    [/music]
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

  6. - Top - End - #1266
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Halloween Night - Bar

    As the elf see the fire Spec is spreading one word is flashing before her eyes, DANGER and then as the champion starts to cut her own palm to combat the flames, TRISHA. Those two concepts combined are enough to draw her out of her stupor and she attempts to hold on to the champions arm and pull her backwards. "Trisha, no! We need to get out of here!" She exclaims.

  7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wolfbane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    The Party

    "And why would I do that?" Vinny says as he proudly begins walking towards the exit with his prize. The pounding doesn't seem to bother him at all, but he does smile as his hand pats her rear before he holds her in place on his shoulder. "After all, I won ya."

    Bar

    Trisha is stopped, but she growls, looking at Spec. "Fire." She hisses, obviously angered by it. "Let me stop it before it destroys everything!"
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris


  8. - Top - End - #1268
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Bushranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuck here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    [Den of Doom]

    "Oh, not at all, but hey, there's worse ways to go," Amist observes with a shake of the head as she leans back in her seat between Talia and Ivaz.

    The half-drowess' eyes roll as well as the ligth picks them, and she smirks up at the light as well. "Also, you know, dancing in a mask isn't nearly as much fun as...a challenge. Would you like to play a game?"

    [Halloween Night - Lobby]

    Crissy/Dorothy eeps as the naga's coils collapse around her and sudden bright flashes of light distract her!

    She decides, for the moment, that staying put is probably the best idea. Hey, she has cover, maybe nothing will see her!

    There is something nagging at her mind though. Shouldn't she be looking for somebody?

    Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show


    Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

    BR's Bag o' Nuts The Russkijs Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments Pianos Tumbleweeds Drow Bloodline Half-Drow Noble Lacy Items

  9. - Top - End - #1269
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Slii Arhem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Where indeed
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Darkened Way

    Gertrude looks around with wonder, until she notices the leg and starts moving as far away as she can in a flat direction. She's chanting as she does so, a pair of glowing teal dragonfly wings fade into view behind her and her shoes glow. As she goes past, she'll try grabbing Kayla by the arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [The Darkened Way]

    Kayla wishes she had sometime to stop and enjoy not being stuck in darkness, or being so small. But instead she is quickly moving to dodge the giant insect leg coming down to crush them. If it looks like Gertrude isn't going to move out of the way in time she will try to help her get out of the way as well.
    The moth's leg lands with a heavy thud on the leaf, shaking it in what would be a minute movement if they weren't so small themselves. Instead, it feels like a miniature earthquake and could knock the pair off their feet if they aren't careful.

    However, they do both get away from the impact in time, and the moth continues to rub at its eye, sending more shockwaves through the leaf every time its itching brings the leg in contact with it.

    Heavier, jarring thuds occur as some larger specimens of local wildlife rumble slowly across the field. Considering how small the two are compared to a moth, nearly anything they encounter will be so much larger than them that it will be a surprise if they recognize it at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    The Party

    "And why would I do that?" Vinny says as he proudly begins walking towards the exit with his prize. The pounding doesn't seem to bother him at all, but he does smile as his hand pats her rear before he holds her in place on his shoulder. "After all, I won ya."

    Bar

    Trisha is stopped, but she growls, looking at Spec. "Fire." She hisses, obviously angered by it. "Let me stop it before it destroys everything!"
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Party

    "Vinny! What are you doing? Put me down this instant!" Elaine demands, pounding her fists against his meaty back.
    Party

    Hey, does anyone remember Kashi? Me either! But at one point, he was at this crazy party and he was eating snacks at the snack table. Now he's resurfaced after having spent many fruitless minutes trying to dig up the floor so he could bury all the treasure he was producing, having seen Vinny and Elaine illuminated by all the fire and laser tossing going on. That hoary viking was making off with a perfectly good wench! The piratical dragon will have none of that, and has slunk over to the pair sneakily. In one swift movement, Kashi tries to grab hold of Elaine's dress with his teeth and pull her off Vinny's shoulder, flicking his head so that she'll land artfully on his back like the dashing swashbuckler he is.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Lobby - Near the Bar]

    Lights! Camera!

    Heeheeheeheehahahaha! Fire! Fire! Burning fire! Heehee! Pretty fire! Beautiful fire! Burn! Burn it! Burn it all! Ahahahahah-*Cough!* *Wheeze!*

    Ahem! Uh, sorry about that little outburst! Spec just has a little tiny case of, ahm, severe pyromania built into her. But only just a little tiny dab, I swear! And she's not a very good pyromaniac because staring at fire for too long is uncomfortable for her and would quickly melt her eyes out.

    But a little carbon monoxide poisoning never hurt anyone! That's a blatant lie, but it has never hurt Spec so until the carbon monoxide threat level is higher than that of the evil possessed magic darkness, that chemical mumbo-jumbo doesn't weigh on her mind at all!

    Action!

    With a whispered incantation, Spec's big fat sword roars to life in an awe-inspiring swirl of fire flowing out of one of the brands on her hands! Woosh! Yay elemental channeling! With her big fat fire sword, Spec attempts to cleave through a nearby wall if she can, possibly rending cement and steel and smashing open a road to anywhere else?
    Near the Bar

    Spec's sword does indeed rend through the wall and the shadows, revealing beyond lay... more shadows, actually. It seems that Eris wasn't content to just seal the exits and make everyone act cuckoo, she's separated this party from the rest of the Nexus entirely!

    And on top of that, Spec's trick with the bar seems to have ticked off a pair of mentally misplaced party-goers. Bad news for her all around lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Halloween Night - Bar

    The moon elf is about to reply to that when the light suddenly goes off, shrouding them both in complete darkness. Probably only leaving Michicora's eyes as tiny wells of light.

    That was the least of the huntress concerns however as the second personality started to make it's presence known the instance the darkness enveloped her. "I... what do you mean Trisha?" Michi replies nervously, suddenly feeling rather embarrassed. What was going on?

    Halloween Lobby

    "...I'd never imagined that would work." Dena admits as she see the darkness being turned back by the orb. "I mean, I considered using it but I didn't think it would do anything." Stupid Kirk, why did his ideas work all of sudden?

    Too bad it was getting harder to aim, magical darkness was a problem but she thought she had an solution. "There are some sunrods in pocket number 32 on the left side Kirky." She tells the other drow while scanning the darkness which now edged just outside the warm glow of her orb. "It might be able to pierce this darkness." The sunrod, all adventurers friend.

    The Office

    The little demon gives the seed a curious glance, just waiting for Elias to accept it from the scary woman. As he declines she gives her a brief look and then quickly dashes forward, attempting to snatch the seed out of the woman's hand and then retreat back again at the blink of an eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Halloween Lobby]

    "It's a wonder you find anything in this thing." Kirk retrieves the sunrods from the pocket. It occurs to him that this might not work, since they might not be able to see through the darkness between the two patches of light. It's worth a shot at least, so the drow tosses one of the rods up toward the ceiling.
    The Office

    Eris lets her have it gladly, laughing as the little demon girl darts back to the comfort of the one who harmed her. Hekta may feel a tingling sensation in her hand that migrates up her arm as she touches the seed, not unlike the pins and needles of a bloodless limb waking up as you attempt to flex it.

    "Anything you two would like to ask of me, or should I just toss you back to play with the others? There's so much left to do tonight."

    Halloween Night - The Lobby

    The sunrod illuminates the ceiling and if whoever is holding the grappling gun acts quickly, they can take aim at a dingy old vent that is within their field of vision before it drops back to the floor. Kirk can see the fires of the bar, Jace's light spell, and the unnamed wizard's green flames from here, so it seems that just the areas outside of where the artificial light burns the most brightly are shrouded in complete darkness.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Halloween Night
    ...And then the room was gone. Jace found this turn of events a bit confusing
    But how did we-and the-Never-mind. Magic. Moving on.
    Seeing that the room is currently illuminated by a few energy beams and exploding bottles, he attempts to slap a slightly more permanent Light spell on his familiar.
    What's that for, Boss?
    One, to see if it would work, two, because I'm going to consider any part of the environment hostile in this place from now on, and that includes shadows, and three, you convinced me to go to a deathtrap, so I don't mind putting a spell you find embarrassing on you.
    Zebes always got self-conscious when glowing brightly, which is why he normally has such spells cast on something tied to his neck.
    Regardless, he turns towards Ezrael and gestures an offer for him to come with them closer to the center of the lobby to get a better view, since right now from where he's standing he can't see much past a few folks he doesn't recognize well and what appears to be a large snake on the floor.
    Halloween Night - Lobby

    Jace's casting does in fact produce a visible effect now that he's out of the illusion, and saves both him and Andy from having to worry about the shadows warping their personality for now. However, if he's sensitive to things attempting to influence his spells, he may feel that the forces of entropy are working much faster in this lair of chaos, and that all of the magic woven here could be degrading at a much faster rate than normal. Eris knew that pesky mages and adventurers would come loaded down with items to spoil her fun, but nothing lasts long in the face of CHAOS! It's only a matter of time before she unravels their spells, and their will to resist her...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Den of Doom]

    "Oh, not at all, but hey, there's worse ways to go," Amist observes with a shake of the head as she leans back in her seat between Talia and Ivaz.

    The half-drowess' eyes roll as well as the ligth picks them, and she smirks up at the light as well. "Also, you know, dancing in a mask isn't nearly as much fun as...a challenge. Would you like to play a game?"

    [Halloween Night - Lobby]

    Crissy/Dorothy eeps as the naga's coils collapse around her and sudden bright flashes of light distract her!

    She decides, for the moment, that staying put is probably the best idea. Hey, she has cover, maybe nothing will see her!

    There is something nagging at her mind though. Shouldn't she be looking for somebody?
    Halloween Night - Lobby

    Crissy, being the only person who's decided to stay in the dark rather than work to remain near the lights, gets to experience the effects that prolonged contact with the darkness brings about. Depending on her strength of will, she might find the world around her fading out and being replaced with a brightly lit technicolor expanse of poppies, rolling fields, and marvelous yellow brick roads.

    Oz is waiting for you Dorothy. Don't you remember it? It remembers you.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

  10. - Top - End - #1270
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ThirdEmperor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Halloween Night- Lobby

    ((Sorry for the delay.))

    Oh gods. The Wizard outright yelps in surprise as the ground splits apart beneath his feet and tries to drag him into the depths of some awful abyss, grabbing desperately at Krystal's outstretched hand. One can only hope Krystal's superpowers include superstrength.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-11-13 at 10:50 PM.
    The Cat Burglar by Ghar. Thanks!

  11. - Top - End - #1271
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    The Alexandrian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Black Mesa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    [Near the Bar]

    "Oh you've got to be kidding me!"

    A thoroughly exasperated Spec bitterly shouts into the void! She had to be trapped in an enclosed space will costumed lunatics running amok on Halloween night in some goddess's vain and sick game! What social activity doesn't lock the crowd it draws in an abandoned casino drifting in a void of shadow? One that isn't hip and trendy, doubtlessly! And they're not even the helpful costumed lunatics like Batman and Spiderman! No! She had to get stuck playing keep-away with her life with the dangerously insane! Where in the world is Doctor Stroffelnburg when you need him?

    Oh, one of the psychopaths has a bone to pick with Spec! And that same individual has been registered as a Class B Threat by her On-board Heuristic Intelligence. While Trisha is hostile and fit to fight, she's fortunately under restraint courtesy of her mate. That's beneficial for both parties if you ask Spec. Spec doesn't have time to work to k.o. or try her hand at dismantling the lady who is patently out of her mind while the witch holding all the cards is at large patiently waiting for Spec to exhaust her mana wells and run out of combustible furnishings before chiseling her into a raving fruitcake foaming at the mouth! Demented supernatural wench! Thank the Virtues that Michicora interposed herself between her partner and Spec else Spec would be attempting a reactionary counter with her robotic arm instead of trying to reason with and listen to the gal!

    ... Okay! Her fire sword is inciting this lass to carve her own arm open and try to slice Spec's arm open! That's just dandy. Just dandy. If Trisha extinguishes the flames, all will be forfeit. Logic doesn't have that one's ear. But her partner, Michicora, might. And best of all, Michicora appears to have stayed in possession of her wits to some degree so perhaps Spec can talk her buddy down through her!

    "This is great! This is precisely how I envisioned this evening...NOT!"

    "It is imperative that you pay my words great heed, miss."


    Spec attempts to allow her fire sword to slip out of her hand and clatter to the ground that she might point at Michicora with the thumb of her mainly mechanical left arm without startling either of the pair, hopefully.

    Better track Trisha's physical movements and maybe even the firing of the nerves inside of her body with her eyes, sensors, and sonar pulses just to be on the safe side...

    Spec additionally steps to the side of the hole so that she can give it a wide berth. The last thing she needs is "King Leonidas" kicking her off of the edge and into Virtues know what.

    "My name is Spec and your friend here is under heavy magical influence of some kind. Suffice to say that she's not herself. And as far as I know, you're not yourself. But you're showing signs of being no worse for wear and I'm willing to take whatever breaks I can get in this disaster. As you can see if you'll look through the hole behind me, we're not in the Nexus anymore. I don't know where we are, but the darkness is alive and it is pushing to engulf all of us and make us into the characters we are masquerading as or something! Your friend wants to snuff out the source of the light energy that is saving our skins from the unregenerate, evil hostess and her magical personality-swapping darkness! The fire won't damage you, her, or me, you have my word as a warrior. Putting it out will put all of us down. And I cannot let either of you do that! If I must resort to violence to prevent it, I shall, but I don't want to fight you or your pal. I'm not your enemy."
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-11-14 at 09:52 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    happyturtle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    undercovers

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    The Fire

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    The Party

    "And why would I do that?" Vinny says as he proudly begins walking towards the exit with his prize. The pounding doesn't seem to bother him at all, but he does smile as his hand pats her rear before he holds her in place on his shoulder. "After all, I won ya."
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Party

    Hey, does anyone remember Kashi? Me either! But at one point, he was at this crazy party and he was eating snacks at the snack table. Now he's resurfaced after having spent many fruitless minutes trying to dig up the floor so he could bury all the treasure he was producing, having seen Vinny and Elaine illuminated by all the fire and laser tossing going on. That hoary viking was making off with a perfectly good wench! The piratical dragon will have none of that, and has slunk over to the pair sneakily. In one swift movement, Kashi tries to grab hold of Elaine's dress with his teeth and pull her off Vinny's shoulder, flicking his head so that she'll land artfully on his back like the dashing swashbuckler he is.


    "You most certainly did NOT! I am not a PRIZ.... AAAAAA! DRAGON!"
    Elaine's shout starts indignant, but turns alarmed when she finds herself dragonback!


    The Office

    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    The Office

    Eris lets her have it gladly, laughing as the little demon girl darts back to the comfort of the one who harmed her. Hekta may feel a tingling sensation in her hand that migrates up her arm as she touches the seed, not unlike the pins and needles of a bloodless limb waking up as you attempt to flex it.

    "Anything you two would like to ask of me, or should I just toss you back to play with the others? There's so much left to do tonight."
    "We do not wish to go back to the party. The exit, if you please," The Fool says. Has he forgotten about Kashi? No, of course not. But his immediate plans require being alone with Hekta. He can always try and reacquire the dragon at a later time.
    Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    Interested in Nexus FFRP? Read here and here then dive in. Newcomers welcome.
    My Characters | Nexus Digest 78 | Formspring Index | Objects
    Stories | Smile! | Smile Big!
    Avatars for Adoption


  13. - Top - End - #1273
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    McBish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis MN

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    [Darkened Way]

    Kayla grabs onto Gertudes extended arm with a sturdy grip. Hopefully it isn't the arm with a bitty fish instead of a hand.

    "Thanks. Any idea where to next?"

    Kayla asks as she looks around the now humongous world they find themselves in.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

    Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

    Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

  14. - Top - End - #1274
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    [Near the Bar]

    The elf, mostly concerned with keeping Trisha away refuses to see her logic. "It won't! Please Trisha, let's just get out of here!" She insists, Trisha can probably wriggle out of her grip though as she is afraid of using too much force.

    Then her attention suddenly falls to the maniac who started the fire that suddenly seem to want to talk to her. Figuring it was a colossal improvement from the fighting she attempts to calm herself down enough enough to listen to her while keeping the champion from attempting to kill her.

    She couldn't make out everything she was saying through her panicked state but it was enough to realize that this woman wanted the same as her, to stop fighting. "Listen to her Trisha, please. No more fighting." She pleads.

  15. - Top - End - #1275
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    The Darkened Way

    "Maybe. Hang on, it might not have worked." Gertrude will step out and try to put her feet out onto thin air. If the prayer she cast last post worked, the might of Dalachrech should stop her from falling.

    Unfortunately, the spell is only effective on Gertrude because with a choice between herself and Kayla she went for the person she thinks is more likely to carry the other.
    Semper in faecibus suvum, sole profundum variant.

    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I have a point!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wolfbane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Bar

    Trisha growls again, but she stops trying to struggle against Michicora. "Fine." She hisses. "I'll stop fighting. But no fire either." She says before sending out a shadowy tendril from her shadow in an attempt to extinguish the blaze.

    Party

    As soon as Elaine is taken from him, Viking Vinny growls and reaches back to grab the battleaxe off his back. With a roar, he leaps at the dragon, aiming to hammer the steel blade at the "swashbuckler" dragon's neck.
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris


  17. - Top - End - #1277
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    The Alexandrian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Black Mesa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    [Near the Bar]

    ((Viking Vinny is amazing! ))

    Eep! Another evil shadow tendril! Agh! And it extinguished Spec's fire sword!

    Back away from it, Spec! Back away! Back away and hike up the light level being emitted from your weapons arm and cast a spell to coat it in ice to refract and magnify it!

    That should hold...for the moment... But the ice will melt and her bioelectricity reserve will drain...

    "Hey! You can control darkness! Can you blaze a- uh, clear a path through this evil darkness?"

  18. - Top - End - #1278
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Halloween Night - The Lobby

    Dena is quick to react when a target is in sight as any good adventurer should be. The job had a way of doing off with those who didn't have that skill. The gun however fires off a string of spider-silk which attaches itself firmly to the old vent. The second part is strapping on a belt attached to the gun and makes sure she also takes a firm grip around Kirky. "Just hold on tight now and hope that vent will hold both of us." She tells the other drow before activating the more magical function of the gun which quickly will pull them up towards the vent as if by magic.

    This had been more fun... oh who was she kidding? This was fun! Especially if Kirk squirmed a bit.

    The Office

    "Yeah, I want to get out of here!" Hekta agrees while holding the seed in between her cupped hands, stealing small peaks at it by moving her thumbs. As soon as they were out Elias would probably return to normal too and she could see what this seed was doing. She didn't care much for chaos but it was not like she could leave the seed unused.

    Bar

    "Thank you." Michicora whispers and gives her a quick kiss on the cheek, visibly relaxing. "You should probably do what she says, I... I don't really know what to do at all." She felt pretty useless right now with all this fighting taking place. It's not until now she notices the fact she was holding a knife, a fact so shocking she let it fall to the floor. What was she doing with a weapon?

  19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Gulaghar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    [Halloween Night - The Lobby]

    Kirk holds on tight with one arm and keeps a firm grip on the sun orb with his free hand. He glances down more than once as they go up, but it's unlikely the reaction Dena would have hoped for. As they get closer tot he ceiling, hell be paying more attention to the vent, however. Got to figure out where to go from there.



  20. - Top - End - #1280
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Halloween Night - Lobby

    So the shadows try to consume the light? That's bad, but you know this is nothing a LANTERN can't handle. Ezreal will start to gloom in a green light.

    "We should stay together. I have a bad feeling about that."

    To be true he has a bad feeling about near everything, even if only a woman comes closer. He has his reasons.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LordDeathkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Definitely lost
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Lobby
    Zebes' scales prickled, and it's not because they're currently giving off more light than a 70-watt florescent bulb.
    Boss, we've got something accelerating the degradation of magic floes here. Best watch your timing.
    Duly noted. But I don't think that's the only thing wrong here.
    Great. For the first time, Zebes directs his telepathy to Ezrael, waving a fore-claw in the air so he knows who's talking.
    Hello, this is your favorite pocket-dragon speaking. There's something in here messing with the flow of energy here. I'm not entirely sure how your glowy-blaster thing works, but it's entirely possible that this place could start messing with it.
    He was interrupted by a lot of shouting and Jace informing him that a dragon was present. If you know what a psychic sigh sounds like, Zebes gave one.
    And now I think we should go break that up before my extended family member does something we'll regret. Care to lend us a hand?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

    [Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

  22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Wolfbane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Bar

    Trisha's skin turn's slightly back to normal when Michicora gives her the small kiss, and she puts her blade back to where it was. "They aren't shadows. Not really." She tries to explain before giving Spec's general direction an angry look. "It's Hate, and so far, I have no reason to dislike the dark."
    Tango Wolfy by Kid Kris


  23. - Top - End - #1283
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Lobby
    Zebes' scales prickled, and it's not because they're currently giving off more light than a 70-watt florescent bulb.
    Boss, we've got something accelerating the degradation of magic floes here. Best watch your timing.
    Duly noted. But I don't think that's the only thing wrong here.
    Great. For the first time, Zebes directs his telepathy to Ezrael, waving a fore-claw in the air so he knows who's talking.
    Hello, this is your favorite pocket-dragon speaking. There's something in here messing with the flow of energy here. I'm not entirely sure how your glowy-blaster thing works, but it's entirely possible that this place could start messing with it.
    He was interrupted by a lot of shouting and Jace informing him that a dragon was present. If you know what a psychic sigh sounds like, Zebes gave one.
    And now I think we should go break that up before my extended family member does something we'll regret. Care to lend us a hand?
    Lobby

    Zebes might note that it isn't that easy to connect to Ezreal. As he notice the sudden connection he raise up his willpower to create a mental defence, causing him to only partly understand the dragon. Ezral holds his weapon up looking around for anything hostile right around him.

    "Who ever you are show yourself and speak up."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    LordDeathkeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Definitely lost
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Lobby

    Zebes might note that it isn't that easy to connect to Ezreal. As he notice the sudden connection he raise up his willpower to create a mental defence, causing him to only partly understand the dragon. Ezral holds his weapon up looking around for anything hostile right around him.

    "Who ever you are show yourself and speak up."
    Zebes could just get Jace to vocalize for him, but he's far too irritated at this point to not get even a single word in. So, mentally shouting and still waving a foreclaw, he says:
    Sorry, I'm only providing light for a thiry-foot radius right now. Next time I'll tell Jacen to go for a hundred just in case someone doesn't notice. And I said, watch your powers, there's something messing with energy here.
    (The first part having gone differently, let's assume the shouting starts somewhere around now, depending on if you want time to respond.)
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

    [Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

  25. - Top - End - #1285
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Slii Arhem's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Where indeed
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Halloween Night- Lobby

    ((Sorry for the delay.))

    Oh gods. The Wizard outright yelps in surprise as the ground splits apart beneath his feet and tries to drag him into the depths of some awful abyss, grabbing desperately at Krystal's outstretched hand. One can only hope Krystal's superpowers include superstrength.
    Halloween Night - Lobby

    Well, if one of Krystal's mutant powers is super strength, then she'll probably be alright to haul the wizard up out of the pit. Without some assistance like that though, she could be dragged down into the hole with him as the warped gravity around him makes him weigh close to a thousand pounds relative to his normal weight.

    Or perhaps she'll be forced to let go. The result depends on her strength and willpower.

    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    The Fire



    "You most certainly did NOT! I am not a PRIZ.... AAAAAA! DRAGON!"
    Elaine's shout starts indignant, but turns alarmed when she finds herself dragonback!

    The Office

    "We do not wish to go back to the party. The exit, if you please," The Fool says. Has he forgotten about Kashi? No, of course not. But his immediate plans require being alone with Hekta. He can always try and reacquire the dragon at a later time.
    The Fire

    Kashi is pressed against the ground by the axe, but his bronze scales don't even buckle against Vinny's assault. The area that the pseudo-viking struck becomes rigid and unlike flesh for an instant as the pressure increases, but regains its mobility once he squirms out from under the axe blade and flaps his wings, gaining a bit of altitude. His front legs will reach back and try to grab hold of Elaine's legs piggyback style so she doesn't fall.

    If nothing's done, he's going to fly up to that vent those two helpful drow are illuminating for him and make his daring escape!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Halloween Night - Lobby

    So the shadows try to consume the light? That's bad, but you know this is nothing a LANTERN can't handle. Ezreal will start to gloom in a green light.

    "We should stay together. I have a bad feeling about that."

    To be true he has a bad feeling about near everything, even if only a woman comes closer. He has his reasons.
    Halloween Night - Lobby

    And yet, the best part about chaos is that it's adaptive. When Ezreal's ring starts to glow green and the chaotic forces eating away at the magic in the room detect that they aren't making any headway against it, the forces begin trying different frequencies of power in order to find something that it's weak against. The shadows around Ezreal's own personal sphere of safety begin flashing different colours as different elements are tried. Cold, hot, grapefruit, apricot, moldy shoe-leather, apricot again, electricity, and #2 pencil are all attempted one after another, followed by all 255 visible shades of the rainbow and then all the colours a mantis shrimp can see that humans cannot. If Ezreal's lantern ring has any vulnerabilities, they should soon be found out by the fluctuating chaotic energies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Halloween Night - The Lobby]

    Kirk holds on tight with one arm and keeps a firm grip on the sun orb with his free hand. He glances down more than once as they go up, but it's unlikely the reaction Dena would have hoped for. As they get closer tot he ceiling, hell be paying more attention to the vent, however. Got to figure out where to go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Halloween Night - The Lobby

    Dena is quick to react when a target is in sight as any good adventurer should be. The job had a way of doing off with those who didn't have that skill. The gun however fires off a string of spider-silk which attaches itself firmly to the old vent. The second part is strapping on a belt attached to the gun and makes sure she also takes a firm grip around Kirky. "Just hold on tight now and hope that vent will hold both of us." She tells the other drow before activating the more magical function of the gun which quickly will pull them up towards the vent as if by magic.

    This had been more fun... oh who was she kidding? This was fun! Especially if Kirk squirmed a bit.

    The Office

    "Yeah, I want to get out of here!" Hekta agrees while holding the seed in between her cupped hands, stealing small peaks at it by moving her thumbs. As soon as they were out Elias would probably return to normal too and she could see what this seed was doing. She didn't care much for chaos but it was not like she could leave the seed unused.

    Halloween Night - Lobby

    Kirk has a while to look at the vent, which seems to be a simple grill bolted onto an internal air conditioning system that's probably not meant to house sneaky people crawling through them on an assassination/robbery attempt, but might fit someone as slim as a drow tends to be in a pinch. The bolts are even slightly rusted from lack of maintenance, though not enough that they could easily be broken off without some kind of tool.

    Oh, and there's a dragon flying at them, possibly with a shrieking woman on his back. Pirate Kashi's daring escape plan is a go!

    The Office

    Eris sighs theatrically, "I suppose I could grant that request and let you out early so you can get a head start on spreading the trouble far and wide. Here, think fast!" Manifesting a golden-skinned apple, Eris tosses it to The Fool's hands. If it touches his skin, he'll be ejected from the casino and placed back on the street in front of it, none the worse for wear. However, the newly inflicted personality isn't going away just because he's left the party.

    Hekta doesn't need any objects tossed at her. Since she's carrying the seed, it will act as a portal the same as one of the goddess' apples would.

    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Darkened Way]

    Kayla grabs onto Gertudes extended arm with a sturdy grip. Hopefully it isn't the arm with a bitty fish instead of a hand.

    "Thanks. Any idea where to next?"

    Kayla asks as she looks around the now humongous world they find themselves in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Darkened Way

    "Maybe. Hang on, it might not have worked." Gertrude will step out and try to put her feet out onto thin air. If the prayer she cast last post worked, the might of Dalachrech should stop her from falling.

    Unfortunately, the spell is only effective on Gertrude because with a choice between herself and Kayla she went for the person she thinks is more likely to carry the other.
    The Darkened Way

    Stepping onto the air seems to work out just fine, and a good thing too as the moth takes off in a gust of wingbeats that send relatively hurricane-force winds gusting around them. Because of its sudden flight, the leaf they were standing on is jolted out of the way of their path of descent and they're left hovering over a drop that would certainly kill either one of them without some kind of outside aid.

    And the trembling of the ground is only getting louder as whatever is making all that noise gets closer.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

  26. - Top - End - #1286
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KerfuffleMach2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lost in ActionScript.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Lobby

    While the person she's dressed as has higher than average strength, Krystal herself does not.

    As such, Krystal's grip slips, causing her to lose her hold on him.
    University of Michigan Helmet design done by myself.
    Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was like The Lord of the Rings and All My Children had a baby with Macho Man Randy Savage and a Whac-A-Mole machine. - Bob the Skull

    This is less like tingling, and more like horrible pain! - Ironman

    Punch first, ask questions while punching. - Vi

    My DeviantArt
    CHARACTERS
    My Fire Red Nuzlocke comic.

  27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    happyturtle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    undercovers

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Office >> Outside

    The Fool catches the apple reflexively, and he and Hekta are transported outside. But still in the thread, because that's simpler.

    "Are you alright, dear?" The Fool asks Hekta.

    The Party

    Elaine indeed screams as the dragon tries to carry her away!

    Meanwhile, Decker has found a broken chair leg to use as a club so she can continue to try to smash teeth! Rawwr!
    Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    Interested in Nexus FFRP? Read here and here then dive in. Newcomers welcome.
    My Characters | Nexus Digest 78 | Formspring Index | Objects
    Stories | Smile! | Smile Big!
    Avatars for Adoption


  28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    The Party

    Oh there Decker is!
    Butler approaches.
    "Careful with that Decker ma'am! You could poke someone's eye out ma'am!"

    Or teeth. Smashing teeth could be done too.
    ~Chibi Rein by Siena
    Spoiler
    Show
    -My theme song.
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast

    [/music]
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

  29. - Top - End - #1289
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Halloween Night - Lobby

    I'm not sure if Lantern really have an elemental weakness. I should know that this skill is will based. They menion fear is the best choice.

    Either way Andy needs to hold his ears from the mental shouting. He rais his arm and shoots a warning shot at the glooming waving thing, since it should now be clear that he does it. Ezreal needs a moment to notice who it is and then goes closer to him.A bit angry he speaks up.

    "Jace! Could you please tell your glooming pet to stop this? I don't like anyone entering my mind."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    My Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Taric by me; Witch by Elagune, Mirrow Taric by Bradakhan, Baby by captain Happy

    Arkant
    I make Let's Play's. If you want to see some look HERE (It's in German)

  30. - Top - End - #1290
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

    Office >> Outside

    Hekta looks around, remarkably pleased with the fact they're out of that creepy place. So relived she almost misses the fact Elias just said 'dear'. Almost.

    The demon makes a face at him, "Yeah, but I'm not your 'dear'." He still wasn't back to normal? "Where is Kashi anyway?" She suddenly remembered the dragon, with his proper name no less.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •