New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

[Cabaret - Dena and Kirk]

"Great! Just some additional rules here, no driving up your own price in any way or trying to sabotage the other candidates alright?" Technicalities of course but you could never be too sure, especially not with Kirky-boy.

[Cabaret - Nadia and Irena]

Irena won't object of Nadia taking her hand, as the witch slowly look her in the eyes, suddenly grinning. "Well... you're drunk. You're a bit crazy when drunk." She giggles.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk smirks. "I wouldn't think of it." Kirk is a perfectly honest man. How could Dena doubt him like that? <.<

[Cabaret - Nadia and Irena]

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Nadia says, a silly grin on her face. A part of her knows that she wouldn't act like this if she was sober, but the rest of her doesn't care. The nymph spontaneously leans over to give Irena a kiss on the cheek.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cessie - Harnel - Ilpholin]

Harnel smiles, "She's very cute. You could also meet our children once they're born in a few months," Harnel seems extremely proud about that, grinning like a fool.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Somewhere in the Cabaret

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    "All wonderful things, and I must say your wife must be extremely fortunate to have your pleasant company to brighten her life. Perhaps I could meet her as well? Surely you wouldn't come to such an opulent party by your lonesome" Dionysius chuckles openly at the thought, clearly thinking it impossible.
    "I'd love to have you meet her! Unfortunatly, she couldn't come. She recently had a...rather stressful assignment and is recovering," Dani says sadly.

Cabaret

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Defelent is still here, and watching a lot of the young ladies that happen to pass close by. He walks up to Naethalee with a grin on his face. "Milady Nymiiria, I have just had an idea. Would you perhaps like to join our resources so we buy somebody whom we both like? Or would you prefer to buy a man rather than a woman?"
    "A capital idea. And I believe another woman would be desirable." Naethalee grins.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #155

Cessie chuckles, "Don't try to pull poor Ilpholin into too many baby showers on one day now Harnel." She says before turning to the demon/drow. "I'm sure Sakura would love to see you again though. I'm trying to think out of something to give to her as well, babies isn't something I usually shop to but I'm thinking some clothes."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-02-27 at 03:04 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Somewhere in the Cabaret

"I'd love to have you meet her! Unfortunatly, she couldn't come. She recently had a...rather stressful assignment and is recovering," Dani says sadly.
    Somewhere in the Cabaret

Dionysius gives a shocked look that devolves into an expressive frown, "You mean you came alone to this den of vice and sin, without even a lady on your arm to ward off the cads that would assault your honor? You could be hit on by absolutely anyone, even a scoundrel such as I!" Dionysius whips his free hand up to his chest and raises the champagne laden one high in the air, teasing shock written over his features again. He's obviously trying to force another fit of giggles out of Dani.

"However shall we remedy this situation?" Dionysius will look around, and flag down a Magbot server, an idea relating to his previous conversation springing to mind.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post

Harnel smiles, "She's very cute. You could also meet our children once they're born in a few months," Harnel seems extremely proud about that, grinning like a fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Cessie chuckles, "Don't try to pull poor Ilpholin into too many baby showers on one day now Harnel." She says before turning to the demon/drow. "I'm sure Sakura would love to see you again though. I'm trying to think out of something to give to her as well, babies isn't something I usually shop to but I'm thinking some clothes."

CHI

Babies everywhere! @.@

"I'm sure I'll meet them all in due time. And can think of some clothes for them, yes." Ilpholin wonders if there's baby-sized catsuits.

"Though, for now, it looks like the show is about to start."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Cabaret

"Excellent. I am glad to hear it. Although I have put myself up for auction, so I won't be available throughout the evening." Unless Naethalee chooses to buy him, anyway, though quite why she would when she already knows where he lives is quite beyond me.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabaret]

She knows where he lives.
    "Aha. Well, then, I'll have to see what I can do to amuse myself, then," Naethalee states with a grin.

Somewhere in the Cabaret

Dionysius gives a shocked look that devolves into an expressive frown, "You mean you came alone to this den of vice and sin, without even a lady on your arm to ward off the cads that would assault your honor? You could be hit on by absolutely anyone, even a scoundrel such as I!" Dionysius whips his free hand up to his chest and raises the champagne laden one high in the air, teasing shock written over his features again. He's obviously trying to force another fit of giggles out of Dani.

"However shall we remedy this situation?" Dionysius will look around, and flag down a Magbot server, an idea relating to his previous conversation springing to mind.
    Dionysius is quite successful, as giggles ensue from the tiny redhead!
    "Wellllll, I'm not without means of defending my honor on my own!"
    Specifically, her favourite defensive tactic:
    Crystalstorm below the belt.
    "But it's always better and more fun to be defended by another!"
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-02-27 at 06:27 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

Cabaret

Well, yes, but Defelent's always willing to do whatever Naethalee wants with him, with money staying in Naethalee's pockets.

"Oh, please do. Amuse yourself however you like." Defelent grins back, some rather interesting ideas of how Naethalee should amuse herself without him. Or perhaps with him nearby but not actively participating.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Cabaret

The funny thing is, Naethalee is likely having some of the same thoughts.
    "And of course enjoy yourself, too," she adds with a wink.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #162

Cabaret

"I suppose I shall have to substitute then, and allieviate the strain of defending yourself. Watch, as I endeavor to look imposing!" Dionysius sets his jaw and scowls, failing utterly to intimdate anyone with his pale face, bright eyes and limber form.

When the Magbot gets close enough, he latches onto the bot's shoulder and whirls it around, pointing it towards Grace, who is presumably still sitting alone at her table.

"My good thing, I'd like to do that lady there a nice turn, so for the rest of the night, if her drink is ever near empty, or she goes too long without drinking, I'd like you to offer her another glass for me. Here." Dio takes a wad of bills from an inside pocket and hands them to the Magbot.

"That should cover the deposit, but if she drinks more than is there just accost me at the end of the night and I'll settle the bill. Alright? There's a good robot, off you go, toodles."

With that over and done with, Dionysius turns back to Dani, giving her a gracious smile, "Sorry about that brief interlude my dear. Just an aquaintance I'd like to see lighten up a bit more. Now, shall we find a good place to sit and watch the coming show?" Dio offers his free arm to the tiny redhead graciously.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Cabaret

"Oh, I'm sure I will, Milady Nymiiria." Maybe Naethalee should reveal the deceit regarding her name at some point. I never remember how Nymiiria is spelt, although Chrome does. Unless I got it wrong when I taught the Chrome-checker that particular word.

Defelent winks back, trying to look raffish. Unfortunately, he can't wink very well and it's almost a blink. Which fails to carry the look across completely.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Cabaret

That's correct. And yes, she probably should. Of course, it possibly amuses her.
    Like Defelent's attempt at a wink.
    Which merits a very Spock-esque raised eyebrow.
    A chuckle.
    And then a demonstrative wink in reply!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Cabaret

Defelent returns the wink, looking as awkward and horrible as before. Some people can naturally wink, others can't. Defelent is of the latter persuasion, though seems to think he belongs in the other category. As such, exactly why his wink merited the response it did is beyond him.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Cabaret - Stage

Assuming that everyone eventually filters into the place and takes their seats, The Lady walks in front of everyone, standing tall, elegant and graceful in her form fitting black dress and her signature White Half-mask. She smiles at the crowd as the lights dim except for the spotlight that stays upon her form. She opens her hands and waves for people to quiet down before speaking.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to thank all of you for showing up tonight and wish you the best of evenings. Before the show Tualth and the Three Noble Trials begins, I'd like to say a few words."
    She starts, her words loud and crystal clear. A few in the audience may recognize the voice's owner however.

"I called together this event for more than one purpose. Primarily, I, like the rest of you I hope, wish to better our fellow people. You have all seen the state of the infamous Red Zone, and I have decided that it is the purpose of my organization as well as myself to change at least a section of it into a small safe haven for those looking for a new path of fate to follow. Every bit of money risen through the Auction tonight will go towards expanding the areas we've already rebuilt." As she says that, her lips form a gentle smile. "I would be lying to all of you here if I said personal pride wasn't also involved."

Reaching up, she pulls off her mask, revealing an absolutely gorgeous face behind it. She flicks her head, letting her short raven hair resettle itself. "My name is Jezebel Tel'vree, and a few of you here will know me from my failed business venture Outside with the Serpent Gaze hotel. I apologize for the misunderstandings that occurred there and my part in the matter. As you can hopefully see, it has caused me to change my view of things." She explains humbly. She pauses while looking into the darkened audience and guesses that about half will probably feel shock, and certain Watch members might just up and leave. However they feel, she hopes they'll at least hear her through.

"For those of you who don't know me, I believe I owe it to you to tell you a bit about who I am and how I came to be here." She offers with a small gesture of her hand. "Like many of you here, but unlike most beyond these walls, I came from a privileged upbringing. I was considered Lesser Nobility in the Hive, a vertical Mega-City, I was born to. To teach me my role in society, I had been sent to the Underhive at a young age to learn what it was like to be underprivileged. It was a place much like Red Zone, except worse. Chemical showers, radioactive waste littering the streets, merciless gangs of Higher Nobles deciding to hunt those that weren't as blessed as them..." Jezebel visibly shudders at the memories before looking back at the audience, preaching to them softly. "The lesson hit me hard and I took it to heart. There were millions of good decent people out there, mutant as well as human, simply trying to survive against all the odds. I spent years there, watching these people slowly wither away just to see more replace them. The cycle was endless." Jezebel says sadly. "I want you to take a moment and imagine such an existence. If you've experienced it, then remember. Wearing the same clothes for weeks or months on end, being raised without the knowledge of what a bath or shower might be, and knowing that the next glass of "water" you drank might cause you to grow extra limbs or your skin to slough off, yet unable to bring yourself to care in your downtrodden state. That was what daily life was like down there."

"Finally, I decided to do something about it. By that point, I had joined a gang of misfits as well, and over time, we began to solidify our area much like we're doing now in Red Zone. We brought together all the unfortunates we could. Joygirls, drug addicts, fleeing crooks and mutants. We took them in, reformed them, and gave them a Purpose. But more than that, we gave them a life. A life they never had, and in many cases, could barely even dream of." She explains, pacing slowly back and forth across the stage as she speaks. "We built a real society in that Hell-Hole, and every painful step of that process had been worth it." She tells them with a near grin.

After a moment though, the grin fades into a sigh. "I could have returned to the Upper Hive any time. Return to that Ivory Tower that lived in ignorance of the common people and spend my life in bliss and politics, but that wasn't my home any more. And as much of a home it was, it didn't last." She adds sadly, looking down at her mask as she speaks, somewhat quieter now. "You see, my colleagues and I didn't worship the deity that "proper" people should, and foolish zealots chased us away. Ultimately, we ended up here to start anew."

Jezebel looks over the crowd before looking down at the mask in her hands. With a flex of her wrists, she snaps the porcelain piece in two. "A Mask has many uses. Most of which are to hide things. To hide who we are, to hide our weaknesses and to hide our flaws are the most thought of and the most common." The conductor of the Orchestra reaches up, and Jezebel kneels delicately to pass the pieces to him. "Thank you." She whispers before getting back up. "But, masks give us something else as well. Protection. They allow us to distant ourselves from the harsh realities of the worlds we live in. We all have them even if not in the literal sense. All of us here have a Mask of Status. Our lives are separated from the lives of those that are less fortunate. So, tonight, I want you to myself, and everyone who's counting on us, a favor." She says strongly.

"I want you to remove your Masks as I have removed my own. Close your eyes for just a moment and relax. Try to find what you have in common with everyone as a whole. Try to find the purpose of what you're doing here tonight and embrace it. Know that tonight, even if you choose not to do it any other time, you are doing something good for the sake of others instead of yourself. Right now. That is what we're doing at this very moment, and because of it, this moment is a glorious one." She tells them with a smile.

"I welcome you all to come to the grounds we have been putting together in three weeks time, in order to show you what progress has been made and to make you feel pride in the achievements that are sure to happen tonight."
    The cult leader tells the crowd with a near-grin. "That said, I am afraid I have kept you waiting all too long for your show. Tualth isn't going to be like many stage shows as there won't be any dialogue. Instead, all "vocal" work will be done by the talented musicians before us and their Composer, John Williams. Acting will be done by locals within and without my organization who have volunteered to perform tonight. Without further adieu, I present Tualth and the Three Noble Trials."

Giving a deep bow, Jezebel takes her leave as the lights on stage brighten and the curtain draws.

Tualth and the Three Noble Trials

The music starts slow, composed of mostly strings and light brass as the first act opens. It reveals an elaborate scene of a Harem with women sleeping on cushions and the Sheik sitting on a marble throne. In front of him a young woman argues with him. Presumably his daughter, she has the voice of a flute in contrast with her father's oboe. She's quite tom-boyish in appearance, even under the lavish clothing. The fighting seems to go on for a couple minutes before the father stands up and gives a sharp gesture, telling her to stop and leave.

Nearly in tears, she leaves to head to her bedroom, set above the other scene on another platform. Laying back on her bed, she gives a light sigh. The music turns more gentle, almost a swaying lullaby, and the platform below her darkens as a spotlight shines above Tualth, hitting a cloudy area well above her and revealing a handsome young man in aristocratic clothing. She turns to her side, looking out at the audience as she thinks of him.

The music dies off before suddenly flares up as she sits up at the same time and the spotlight on the man shuts off. A plan has come to her mind and she quickly races off behind a screen before stepping out. She's changed into traveling clothes and could easily be mistaken for a young, if effeminate, man. She's dressed in leather boots, trousers, a leather vest, long sleeve shirt and has her long hair tied back. Grabbing a pack, she races down the stairway, back down to the Harem Chamber where a party seems to be going on. Many people, both men and women seem to be drinking and dancing in revelry, but Tualth is in the back, sneaking from pillar to pillar as she makes her escape.

The curtains close for a mere moment before pulling back up, showing a drastically different scene. Those who can sense it will tell that magic was being used to switch out the sets so quickly.

This time, the scene is that of the inside of a European style castle's Grand Hall. Tualth enters the hall from the left side, looking a bit weary from a great travel, but after dusting herself off, walks up towards the Lords of the keep. There were four of them: Grand-Father, Father, Brother, and Son. Son looked just like the man Tualth had been dreaming of, and when Tualth speaks, he is just as shocked as the other three. By the expressions and words they seem to be saying, they believe that Tualth is a man asking for the hand of Son in marriage. Father and Brother stand and yell back, voices of low brass even as Tualth argues back, but after a moment, Grand-Father stands and raises a hand slowly to cut off the yelling.

He appears thoughtful before nodding and raising three fingers. He begins to speak, and one by one, images appear above the stage of the three tasks that will need to be done for the approval of the union to be granted. The first is a golden feather that hangs above a cliff face, the second is a thick tome, and the last remains a blackened cloud of mystery.

The Son looks at him in shock, about to refuse, but a sharp gesture from Grand-Father cuts him off. Grand-Father looks at Tualth with narrow eyes before offering his hand, and the pair shake before the latter leaves. The scene ends with the others arguing amongst themselves.

When the curtain opens again, the stage is split in half vertically. A desert cliff face sits on the left of a dungeon. There's a Tualth in each scene and they continue at the same time. The one at the cliff begins at the bottom and slowly begins to ascend, seemingly to take forever. She isn't wearing a harness to protect her if she falls, but surely there's a method of keeping her safe if she does. The climb is slow and hazardous, with her nearly slipping and falling as rock crumbles beneath her hand, but eventually, Tualth reaches the top to reach a bird's nest filled with gold and other treasures. She appears hesitant to leave any of it, almost reaching out to take some, but she keeps her hand back and simply searches until she finds what she's looking for. The Golden Feather. When she picks it up and holds it in the air, her side of the stage goes dark as the dungeon half brightens.

The protagonist starts at the top and begins racing down the series of passages, twisting and turning and climbing up and down various pieces of a cavern. As she does so, she leaps back, ducks, and swings a blade to avoid or protect herself from various traps. Fireballs, pitfalls, arrows and blades are included. The scene takes even longer than the climb, and at the bottom corner, a pedestal with a thick tome awaits. She approaches it cautiously and after looking around for traps, she takes it. As soon as she does, the stage shakes and percussion instruments sound off loudly, likely startling the audience. A blue light washes over the area Tualth is in, slowly rising as she starts to panic and move out. The "water" rises constantly, following her as she makes the hazardous climb back out of the dungeon. At some parts, she even swims through the air when the blue light gets too deep. In the end though, she finally gets out, struggling and gasping for air with the book in her hands as the curtain closes.

When it rises, she's back at the Castle, ragged and still disguised. She walks up to Grand-Father and kneels before she hands over golden feather and the magic tome. He takes them with a nod before speaking once more. Above them, the image of a man in leather armor and the mask of an eagle appears with a blood-stained sword in his hand. Grand-Father speaks slowly before making a cutting motion across his neck, ordering the bandit's execution.

Even with his precarious situation, Son pales and loosk shocked before standing at Tualth's side, trying to say that it wasn't necessary and that he understood the implications if it was stopped, but his Grand-Father raises a hand to silence him. With a gulp, Tualth gives a nod and an appreciative smile to Son, but takes her leave.

When the audience next sees her, they'll find her walking through a forest, sword in hand and wearing a suit of leather armor. She's dropped most of her disguise, having let her hair down and wearing what's more comfortable. After a moment of wandering, there's a shrill whistle of a piccolo as the Bandit steps on stage, full of swagger, pride, and with a bloody sword in his hand. Tualth takes a step back in surprise and her flute sounds off a little shakily as she speaks. Her confidence slowly grows as she delivers her message and draws her own blade. For some reason, Bandit seems somewhat surprised, taking a step back before raising his own blade.

The two blades clash with the sound of cymbals, and the fight begins in earnest. Tualth is obviously not very experienced and Bandit seems to just be playing with her. She gradually begins to grow more and more frustrated, nearly screaming in anger as she swings until one hit finally gets through, causing Bandit to leap back. His feet land unsteadily and he can't help but fall backwards, losing his sword. Tualth grins and steps onto his chest before flicking her blade up to knock away the mask.

She looks absolutely shocked at seeing Son's face and can't help but take several steps back in horror at the fight they just had. Son begins to speak, a scene showing above them on a different platform. It shows the interior of of a tavern with the scene concentrated on a table in a dark corner. In it, Brother it talking to a shady group of cloaked figures that include Son-dressed-as-Bandit. Above them, the images of Father, Son, and Grand-Father are shown right before Brother draws a finger across his neck and shows a large pouch of gold that is offered as a reward to whomever succeeds.

That scene fades and goes back to the forest where Son tells Tualth that he's been trying to protect Father and Grand-Father from the other assassins and Brother, and that Brother has told them that Bandit had been roaming the countryside and murdering innocents in order to keep the deal secret.

Tualth takes a minute to compose herself and take all this in before admitting her own story with a small blush, causing Son to be the one shocked this time. After a couple seconds, he reaches up and she takes his hand, pulling him up into a kiss. It lasts for only a small moment, but it's long enough for the pair of them and Son breaks it off, looking rushed. Before there's any time to lose, they race off stage and the curtain closes.

When it raises once more, they're back at the Castle, several guards around them since Son is dressed as Bandit except for the mask. Grand-Father, Father, and Brother all stand, the first two in anger and the third in fear as Grand-Father demands to know what was going on. Son points an accusing finger at Brother as he tells his tale. Panic shows on Brother's face when everyone turns to him before showing anger and desperation. He tries to draw his own blade, but the guards seize him and take him away as he shouts futilely to be let go.

Once he's gone, everyone turns to Tualtha. She shrinks a bit before hesitantly going into her own story. At the end, Father and Grand-Father smile before the former nods. With a gesture, he tells her that all there is hers now and that she's passed her third Trial. With a grin, she pulls Son close and kisses him once more, dipping him slightly as the stage curtain closes for a final time.

The lights in the room begin to brighten and all the cast and crew filter out on stage to give a final bow. All 40 of them.

Presumably, the banquet is now open and so is the dance floor.
    ((As an OOC note, conversations aren't stopped, but I needed to move the plot along. From now on, please put Before-Show and After-Show in your tags.))
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-03-01 at 06:16 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

After Show - Cabaret
    Dave(having throughly enjoyed the show) will try to find Jezebel afterwards.
    He words kinda spoke to him, and he thought he could at least offer to do more to help with the rebuilding of the Red Zone.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

After the Show

Xifra and Salome take their bows. Salome was one of the harem girls, while Xifra assisted with the magical stagework.

Missy would have enjoyed the show a lot, if she hadn't been on high alert, watching with darkvision for assassination attempts that she couldn't possibly stop in time.

At least her neural net has it recorded for later.

Jake has his arm around Vasquez during the show, and applauds enthusiastically when it ends.

Moff misses the whole point of the show, while ogling Son and Brother.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-02-27 at 09:54 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #169

[Post-Show: Barcounter]

The catamander had found herself nodding in agreement near the end of Jezebel's speech. It had hit quite a bit closer to home for her than it might for others. Perhaps even in a literal sense, if taken a certain way.

The play, however, was fantastic. Using instruments rather than words made it strangely easier to follow while simultaneously... Oh who was she kidding, trying to sound like some art critic? It kept her well entertained and she wouldn't mind seeing another production of it some time soon. Quality was supposedly subjective but in this impish member of the audience's case, it was very well received as could be told by her applause at the final curtain call.

The one for the play, that is. Given the, erm, 'quality' of some of those gathered here, it may do well to make such a distinction.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rein]

Rein listens to the speech quietly, his knuckles getting whiter over time. Though at the very end, there's a quiet crack as his wine glass finally snaps. Rein looks down at it and realizes what happened. He glances at the bartender and whispers a very quiet 'excuse me, sorry'. before grabbing a napkin to contain the shards and head for the restroom.

Of course, once there he has to dispose of the glass and deal with his now bleeding hand. He washes up and pauses to look himself in the mirror. Almost punches his own face, but holds back on account of not wanting to break it in such a setting. Maybe another time.

By the time he comes out, the show has already ended. Shame. His hand is bandaged up in cloth, though is now thoroughly jammed in his pocket to cover up this fact. He returns to the bar, sitting next to Nephea and ordering another drink.

[Butler]

For his part, spends much of the time trying to find the mask on his face. It is most puzzling as he feels around his face. He suspects that perhaps Mime put an invincible one there and he doesn't know it.

Those thoughts fade though, in response to the show and at the end he gives a standing ovation.

[Ilpholin - Post show]

Ilpholin is fairly stoic throughout the entire thing, speech and play. Most of the show is spent ogling Son and Brother and Tualth and Father and Harem girls and...

Well... she does applaud at the end when it's over.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #171

After Show

Magtok makes a point of applauding at the end, idly wondering what in the world that bit about the Serpent Gaze hotel was about. Cessie implied that questions were going to be answered and everything was going to make sense, but now Magtok just has even more questions! What the heck happened to that hotel, and why? How much of this involved that improper deity?

Aaargh, this is going to be nagging at him, poking at the back of his mind for days. A questionable deity, some oddly foreign terminology and word choice, and a parade of dark imagery to keep him eternally suspicious. There's no way a group called the Masks that runs a snake hotel and worships a deity considered unacceptable to society could possibly be as altruistic and kind as it claims to be...right? Right?

"Urgh. I better go find lizard-lips, then."

If anyone has answers and would be willing to share them, it'd be that Harnel guy. Hopefully his wife hasn't told Magtok about what a jerk he was earlier, or this is likely to go absolutely nowhere. He takes his Magtini with him after the show, and tries to worm his way through the crowd to find Mr. Therishein. If this fails, he might actually have to conduct some sort of investigation himself, and gods know how much he hates to actually work for his information.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

[Before Play]

"I suppose I shall have to substitute then, and allieviate the strain of defending yourself. Watch, as I endeavor to look imposing!" Dionysius sets his jaw and scowls, failing utterly to intimdate anyone with his pale face, bright eyes and limber form.

When the Magbot gets close enough, he latches onto the bot's shoulder and whirls it around, pointing it towards Grace, who is presumably still sitting alone at her table.

"My good thing, I'd like to do that lady there a nice turn, so for the rest of the night, if her drink is ever near empty, or she goes too long without drinking, I'd like you to offer her another glass for me. Here." Dio takes a wad of bills from an inside pocket and hands them to the Magbot.

"That should cover the deposit, but if she drinks more than is there just accost me at the end of the night and I'll settle the bill. Alright? There's a good robot, off you go, toodles."

With that over and done with, Dionysius turns back to Dani, giving her a gracious smile, "Sorry about that brief interlude my dear. Just an aquaintance I'd like to see lighten up a bit more. Now, shall we find a good place to sit and watch the coming show?" Dio offers his free arm to the tiny redhead graciously.
    Dani giggles madly at Dionysius' display of bravado, and also smiles as he pays for the lady's drinks for the night - and takes the offered arm with a smile!

"I'd love to! I'm sure the show will be amazing!" she chirps.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Defelent returns the wink, looking as awkward and horrible as before. Some people can naturally wink, others can't. Defelent is of the latter persuasion, though seems to think he belongs in the other category. As such, exactly why his wink merited the response it did is beyond him.
    Naethalee rolls her eyes, giggles, and playfully punches Defelent's shoulder before trying to lead him to a place to sit to watch the show.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #173

Cabaret - Post Show

A short timeskip is no doubt had until the show is complete, when Dionysius will raise his glass to the players and nod his head to the play, making a noise of approval in the back of his throat.

A very well performed show, and were he a less jaded god it may have brought a tear to his eye at the beauty of it all.

"Bravissimo, truly it was an art. Tell me Dani, are you of particularly religious stock?" It seems Dionysius is taking Jezebel's advice to heart, removing his mask and beginning to lay his true intent bare.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabaret - Post Show]

Dani has tears in her eyes at the end of the performance, and stands, applauding with heartfelt enthuiasm!

It seems the play deeply touched the romantic side of the little redhead.

After a moment collecting herself, she answers her companion's question, smiling. "You could say that, considering I'm a priestess of a goddess who is also one of my very best friends."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #175

Cabaret - Post Show

Oh, drat. Ah well, Dionysius certainly isn't going to steal maidens from another deity, not while his position in the Nexus is on such shakey ground anyway.

"Ah, well nevermind then. I am always on the lookout for good priestesses, but I'm sure that sticking with your friend is the better choice, in this instance. In fact, a toast to friends, if you would. Long may they be in health." Dionysius raises his suspiciously full glass in toast to Dani.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Cabaret - Post Show

"Awww, you had a recruitment pitch? Sorry! But I might have some friends who might be interested." Dani giggles, looking sad for poor Dio. "But a toast sounds great! To friends, old and new; Na Zdorovie!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #177

Cabaret - Post Show

"Not recruitment exactly, just an overture to a potentially interested party. However, if these friends of yours are as intriguing as you have proven to be, perhaps I will visit them as well and see? It certainly couldn't hurt." Dio takes a gentle sip of the champagne and sets it down for now.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

[During The Show]

Members of the audience may notice that Harnel and Cessie aren't even paying attention to the play, instead staring intensely at each other. They're speaking over mental communication are just growing more and more angry at each other as time passes. Before even half the Show is over, Cessie storms out, not willing to stay here any longer. Especially not with Harnel.

The Half-Dragon himself slumps into his chair. Without having seen the start of the play, he doesn't understand it. Not that he could enjoy it like this anyways.

((Godmode Approved))

Spoiler
    Show
    After Show

Magtok makes a point of applauding at the end, idly wondering what in the world that bit about the Serpent Gaze hotel was about. Cessie implied that questions were going to be answered and everything was going to make sense, but now Magtok just has even more questions! What the heck happened to that hotel, and why? How much of this involved that improper deity?

Aaargh, this is going to be nagging at him, poking at the back of his mind for days. A questionable deity, some oddly foreign terminology and word choice, and a parade of dark imagery to keep him eternally suspicious. There's no way a group called the Masks that runs a snake hotel and worships a deity considered unacceptable to society could possibly be as altruistic and kind as it claims to be...right? Right?

"Urgh. I better go find lizard-lips, then."

If anyone has answers and would be willing to share them, it'd be that Harnel guy. Hopefully his wife hasn't told Magtok about what a jerk he was earlier, or this is likely to go absolutely nowhere. He takes his Magtini with him after the show, and tries to worm his way through the crowd to find Mr. Therishein. If this fails, he might actually have to conduct some sort of investigation himself, and gods know how much he hates to actually work for his information.
    [Post Show]

Magtok will find Harnel just looking generally angry by the time that he comes around. Harnel will have gotten up and started pacing around, drinking as much as he reasonably can without making people cut him off. He won't even notice as Magtok approaches.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

29. - Top - End - #179

After the Show

Irena didn't understand much about what was going on at the show so she stopped paying attention from time to time. She only really paid attention when there was violence or sex involved but really didn't try to follow the plot or the more artistic elements.

She almost wished she had brought the vodka bottle with her but Nadia's close presence reminded her to stay alerted, to protect her. She had intended to see her drunk after all so she was partly guilty of her current state.

At least that Jezebel-woman seemed to want to help the homeless, not that she could be trusted more then anyone else but if her time with Nadia had taught her anything it was that trust was important.

She squeezes her girlfriends hand as the show is over, "Did you like it?" She asks quietly.

Well, that was an interesting show. Reminded her of the gigantic stage plays they had back home. Of course back the plays were largely improvised, probably because the fights were all real and some authors always died before the end of the show. A theater without at least three deaths was considerate a dull affair.

This was far from dull though and she really liked how they had handled the choreography, she knew from experience how hard it was to handle it.

Once it's over joins in the applauds and then turns to Kirk again, "Starting to get nervous yet? Who do you think get a higher bid then you? Jezebel? Magtok?" She asks him quietly with a sly grin.

[Outside Maglog]

Meanwhile Cessie removes herself from the casino, she had an intended goal in mind and just like to get as far away from Jezebel and Harnel as possible right now.

Well, this Jezebel at least...
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-02-28 at 08:10 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

[During the Show/After the Show]

Wenomir's applause is a little half-hearted. All pieces clicked into place when Jezebel mentioned the Serpent's Gaze hotel. So they're the demon-worshipping sons of b****es who almost killed him and Harnel. He doesn't get up and leave though, because he doesn't want to make a scene, so he stays there for the duration of the speech and the play. However, he also doesn't like the implication that he's somehow priviledged or endowed with high status either. He remembers being the lowest of the low.
    KR will likely tell that something has disturbed him.

Dipsnig listens to the speech without much interest and the play doesn't capture his attention much better. He's not the one for charity so Jezebel's poetic pleas fall on deaf ears in his case.

Reelshka enjoys both the speech and the play, the former coming off as heartfelt and noble in purpose and the latter being expressive and beautiful. Unlike the above two, she applauds them honestly and enthusiastically.

Michalson doesn't care much for either, instead absent-mindedly scanning the room for any signs of trouble.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.