New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] MaGLoG II: Alcoholic Boogaloo

[PRE-SHOW]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Cabaret]

"It's a good disguss. And since the action didn't start this could after all be a trap. Also Since they aren't so public it can be that they keep the money for themself. After all I don't belive any of them is connected to AMEN."

He says the last one in a sound like beeing connected to AMEN is something noone wants.
    [Cabaret]

"Oh, I'm pretty sure they aren't." Says Kal. "At least, I've never seen them at any of the AMEN parties."

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Merciful Perun Those Portmanteau Names Are Getting Sillier By Minute]

I'm sure something can be arranged after the party, Wenomir says. Something to match your coat, maybe?
    [Indeed They Are]

"Maybe not. I don't want to turn into some sort of Carmen Sandiego knockoff." References ahoy!
    "And even so, hat and coat sounds a little bit too private inspector for me."

AND THEN A SHOW HAPPENED!

[DURING SHOW/POST-SHOW]

[KR and Wenomir]

KR, for her part, listened to the show and watched the speech (or was it the other way around...? ) in mostly silence. Some of it did pull at her, mostly the part about masks and the removing thereof, but she stays impassive throughout. That one isn't coming down so easily. She doesn't applaud at the end, but instead puts her hand on Wenomir's as soon as she senses that something has disturbed him, her concern suddenly shunting her enjoyment of the play to the side (though she makes a mental note to remember and appreciate it later), and, as soon as the first lull in the music comes, leans over to whisper in his ear.
    "What's wrong?"
    She probably doesn't applaud at all at the end.

[Kal]

Kal spent most of the speech boredly doing some coin tricks to pass the time, appreciating the oratorical skill, but studiously ignoring the message. He notes Cessie getting up and leaving, but otherwise doesn't look up from his hands, secretly passing the coin from one hand to another and doing some other minor sleight-of-hands for his own amusement.

The production is enjoyed a bit more honestly. He's an evil bastard, but dammit if he isn't a cultured evil bastard, and he spends the duration of the play appreciating the music and staging and acting and artistry and all that sort of thing, and applauds with the rest at the end, grinning at the performance.
    After the applause is done with, he saunters over to the bar, in order to get another drink while the banquet and dance floor open up.

The conversation with Andy is probably died and forgotten, unless Andy wants to follow him and continue.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-02-28 at 09:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

[KR and Wenomir]

Those peple... they're the demon cultists that once captured Harnel, then as we went to get him back, they released him and escaped, Wenomir whispers back. Probably nothing to worry about, but... I didn't expect then to be behind this.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

[KR and Wenomir - During Show]

KR takes a moment to consider this new information. For it is indeed new, and not already known to her, despite what her player may have previously thought.
    "Maybe we should keep a close eye on them? Just in case?"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

[KR and Wenomir - During Show]

Maybe, Wenomir says a little uncertainly. It's possible they've turned over a new leaf, but it might also be some plot. There goes the prospect of enjoying this party, I guess.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Post Show]

Magtok will find Harnel just looking generally angry by the time that he comes around. Harnel will have gotten up and started pacing around, drinking as much as he reasonably can without making people cut him off. He won't even notice as Magtok approaches.
    Post Show - Mag and Harn

The cyborg grabs another drink on his way there, figuring he might stand a slightly better chance at getting what he wants out of his target if he opens with a free drink, to help improve the fellow's mood and maybe loosen up his lips a teensy bit.

"Oh hey, Harnel! Just the person I was looking for! You've got a minute, right? I had a few questions about hotels and hives and snakes. Here, this one's on the house."

He tries to pass the drink along, hoping that the pushy, forward, won't-shut-up-or-take-no-for-an-answer approach will work out here.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

[Post Show - Mag and Harn]

Harnel will take the other drink, "You're talking about the Gaze then. Well, Magtok, what do you want to know?" This is followed by drinking it, of course. Not slow, but not fast either. Harnel isn't trying to make himself pass out or something. Yet.

Frankly, the won't-shut-up-or-take-no-for-an-answer demeanor isn't helping any, and Magtok can probably tell such. Harnel would answer his questions anyways, even if he wasn't tipsy. Not like they're a big secret.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #187

Post Show - Mag and Harn

Magtok shrugs, and sips at his own drink.

"Everything, I guess. I don't honestly have any idea what there is to know, so whatever you feel like telling me."

Probably not the best way to word his response, but Magtok is in a bit of a hurry. Got to get as much out of Harn as quickly as he can, before anyone can take notice of the fact that he's doing so and start wondering what he's up to.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-02-28 at 01:26 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

8. - Top - End - #188
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Cabaret]

Andy seems to missed Kal s last words. His attention draws to the speech.

As she mentions the dislike Andy turns around to see the leaving people. He seems to be safer in his opinion now.

The event didn t really intressed him. Just another show which shows the cause of disguss. After all the aplauss they get is meant honestly.

Andy seemed to miss Kal after the show but he doesn t mind. After all Kal didn t seem intresting for him.

Andy starts walking around then.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

"Simple enough. The masks had a hotel, which you already know. Well, Cessie spent a night there and found something under the building, which turned out to be their shrine to Slaanesh. She contacted Watch, Demons attacked the hotel because they were enemies of Slaanesh or something and watch members got caught up in it. Watch got thrown out and told not to return, but went to investigate anyways. The masks then left because they knew they couldn't fight Watch when it came after them, simple as that. They've been holed up in their temple in Red zone until tonight."

"That's just about everything I know, if a bit simplified."

Well, that should at least answer a few of Magtok's questions.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ilpholin]

Well, while Ilpholin managed to bury whatever emotions she had on the entire thing, it certainly seemed to create quite the response from a few of her former teammates. She'd probably ask Harnel why Cessie left, but Magtok seems to have gotten there first. She'll have to talk to him later.

But for now, she'll head over to Wenomir and KR.
    "Hey there."

[Reinholdt]

Rein continues to drink, sandwiched between Kal and Nephea.
    Though probably not in the way Kal would prefer.

[Butler]

Butler resumes feeling his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Butler]

For his part, spends much of the time trying to find the mask on his face. It is most puzzling as he feels around his face. He suspects that perhaps Mime put an invincible one there and he doesn't know it.

Those thoughts fade though, in response to the show and at the end he gives a standing ovation.
    After Show

Mime will have chosen to sit near Butler during the show. He's not having any difficulty understanding it, but he does wonder why those people did things in such a complicated way. Tualth should have just taken the guy out to lunch or something.

He'll wave goodbye to Butler and head over to the banquet to get himself some food.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

Cabaret- During The Show

Defelent took in the information of Jezebel's identity and has filed it away. Doubtless Terrowin will be interested in the relationship between the Masks in the Red Zone and the Serpent's Gaze where he lost the last link to his homeworld.

For the show, he sits next to Naethalee, spending a lot of time looking at the female members of the cast, especially in the harem. If Naethalee permits it, Defelent's hand will rest on her thigh for most of the show. He does applaud, and really enjoyed it. And hopes that whoever played Tualth is taking part in the auction.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

[After the Show - Irena and Nadia]

You mean Irena squeezes her hand once Nadia stops clapping, right? Because clap she does. It was a very good show, and she enjoyed every second of it.

"It was great." Nadia replies, hand once again in Irena's. "I can't remember the last time I saw a play. It was nowhere near as good as this was though."

[After the Show - Dena and Kirk]

Kirk also joins in on the applause, though not overly enthusiastically. It was a good play, that's for certain. He can definitely appreciate that. The speech prior he's entirely indifferent toward.

Kirk glances at Dena only briefly before turning his head away. "Since when id you know me to be the type to let my nerves get to me?" The drow smirks.

14. - Top - End - #194

Post Show - Mag and Harn

Magtok nods, sifting through every word thrown at him, trying his best to figure out what this all might mean. It's clear that Watch and the Masks aren't friends, and...well, given Harnel's choice of words, it definitely sounds like the two were in some sort of ugly fight with one another, and that Watch wouldn't mind scraping them and their temple off the face of the Nexus, if they thought they could get away with it.

"Right. One last question. What's a Slaanesh, then?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Magtok may not realize it, but Harnel's anger isn't directed at the Masks. He's still mad about the argument he got in with Cessie, of course, and that's tinging his voice. "Slaanesh is a god, obviously. Or at least something powerful enough to have a cult. From what I've seen, he's mostly on about sex."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[After the Show]

Haruki claps like everyone else, then heads off to eat. The issue is he has never heard of Jezebel and is actually not very interested in Nexus Politics that much, so most of the speech goes right over his head. He beats up bad guys with his sword and that's about it.

17. - Top - End - #197

[Butler]

Butler resumes feeling his face.

[After Show - Butler]

And thats the man/cat Andy is looking for. He goes over to him.

"Hey Butler!"
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-02-28 at 06:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

[After Show - Butler]

Butler stops feeling his face to wave at Andy.
    "Oh hello sir. You got invited too, huh sir?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #199

Post Show - Mag and Harn

Mag nods once more.

"Right, I suppose that's more or less what I expected. Thanks."

He makes a point of not mentioning Cessie. Whatever the issue between those two and/or the Masks is, it's none of his business right now. Besides, he'd probably just get a lot of confusing rants and frustration if he dug any deeper. Best to just drop the subject and go.

"Ought to go get something to eat, now that the show's over. Maybe chat with one of the auction girls, find out just how devout they are, if you know what I mean. See you next Council meeting or apocalypse or whatever, and thanks again. I'll keep an eye open, but I don't think we'll be getting any trouble out of Jezzy and the Jets tonight."

It's probably not going to be much help, given all the nonsense Harnel's got on his plate right now, but Mag offers up a smile in gratitude, hoping his silly line about the auction girls and such will lighten the mood a little and make things a teensy bit easier on lizard-face with whatever it is he'll be racing off to do later.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #200

[After Show - Butler]

Andy seems a bit annoyed and makes a waving move when he answers.

"Yeah seems like that comes with council member. I would like to ask you something."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

[Post Show - Harnel]

Harnel waves goodbye to Magtok, the joke not helping him any. He's drinking, not unfaithful, and he's tipsy enough to feel insulted by it, though still logical enough to know it was meant as a joke. The net result is that it makes him feel worse.

Pretty much anybody who wishes to can approach him at the moment. He seems to have cut himself off from drinking much more, knowing it'll start affecting his judgement soon.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

[Butler - Andy]

"Certainly sir. Whatever you'd like sir."
    Butler doesn't mind questions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wenomir and KR]
    "I don't think they'd try anything here. Even without weapons, a lot of the people here are too formidable to take on directly, without drawing attention. We'll keep an extra eye out, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the party."
    She glances at the banquet.
    "Well, the dancing anyway."

And then Ilpholin occured.
    "Hello there."
    She says.

[Kal]

Well, no, perhaps not, but maybe that sandwich can still be arranged.
    "Hey there, I'm Kal!"
    He says cheerfully, sticking a hand out to shake.
    That's mean, Kal. >.<

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

[WenopholR]

"So... what's the deal with this thing? Cessie left awfully quickly don't you think?" Ilpholin comments, hoping to get some info on the matter.

[Kal-Rein]

Reinholdt looks at the hand with a bit of a frown, but puts it away and uses his good hand to shake Kal's, even if it's awkwardly done.

Before picking back up his drink anyways.
    "And I'm Reinholdt. Nice to meet you." He says, a bit subdued, but pleasantly nonetheless. No reason to be rude.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #205

Spoiler
    Show
    [Rein]

Rein listens to the speech quietly, his knuckles getting whiter over time. Though at the very end, there's a quiet crack as his wine glass finally snaps. Rein looks down at it and realizes what happened. He glances at the bartender and whispers a very quiet 'excuse me, sorry'. before grabbing a napkin to contain the shards and head for the restroom.

Of course, once there he has to dispose of the glass and deal with his now bleeding hand. He washes up and pauses to look himself in the mirror. Almost punches his own face, but holds back on account of not wanting to break it in such a setting. Maybe another time.

By the time he comes out, the show has already ended. Shame. His hand is bandaged up in cloth, though is now thoroughly jammed in his pocket to cover up this fact. He returns to the bar, sitting next to Nephea and ordering another drink.

[Post Show: The Bar - Reinholdt]

Looks like there was a person sitting next to her now! Well, that seems like a good of a reason as any to pester a person. Actually, it was a decent reason as people who didn't want any social interaction usually sat with at least one stool or chair or whatever between themselves and the nearest person. Interesting bit of psychology, that. Ordering a lemonade, the catamander gave the person next to her an appraising glance before slowly reaching slightly behind him and gently tapping him on the ear. All as stealthy as she could at least. If she should make contact, then she'd quickly resume an 'innocent' position with both hands folded in her lap. While this might be a task for some, it would be an easy thing for who's main income was, ah, 'relieving' others of their 'unused clutter.'

Though, why the ear? Well the answer should be obvious, given her own ears which just so happened to be perked up at attention. That combined with the swishing tail were the obvious signs that she was indulging in a bit of light mischief.

[Post Show: The Bar-Harnel]

And somehow simultaneously due to temporal shenanigans, Nephea noticed a heavily drinking half-dragon nearby. Rather than being tricky with this person too, the catamander decided that they might not find things very funny at the moment. Really, one could probably tell that from a look. But, being the friendly sort, Nephea would lean over just a tad before asking: "Hey, are you okay there?" It was one of those questions that could be answered without being asked but they also served as nifty conversation starters. Kind of annoying on their own, though.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-02-28 at 09:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

[Post Show: Harnel]

"Not really," Harnel says bluntly, "Women can be hard to deal with."

He's at least calmed down a bit., no longer angry at everything. Nephea can probably understand the sort of thing he's feeling, though.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[After the Show, Haruki > Ilphy and company]

And Haruki suddenly notices a friendly face! Or... at least... a known face! "Ilpholin!" he says, after stealthily approaching her from behind. "HI! It's been a long time, hasn't it?" Are these your friends?"
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2012-02-29 at 12:14 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

[After the Show - Dani]

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    "Not recruitment exactly, just an overture to a potentially interested party. However, if these friends of yours are as intriguing as you have proven to be, perhaps I will visit them as well and see? It certainly couldn't hurt." Dio takes a gentle sip of the champagne and sets it down for now.
    "Or you could visit them, too! Have you ever been to HALO?" Dani asks excitely, a grin on her cherubic face.

[After the Show - Naethalee]

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Defelent took in the information of Jezebel's identity and has filed it away. Doubtless Terrowin will be interested in the relationship between the Masks in the Red Zone and the Serpent's Gaze where he lost the last link to his homeworld.

For the show, he sits next to Naethalee, spending a lot of time looking at the female members of the cast, especially in the harem. If Naethalee permits it, Defelent's hand will rest on her thigh for most of the show. He does applaud, and really enjoyed it. And hopes that whoever played Tualth is taking part in the auction.
    Naethalee won't object to the placement of Defelent's hand, and applauds heart-feltly as well at the end of the play!
    "That was the best performance I've seen of anything in quite some time."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #209

Cabaret - Post Show

Dionysius looks momentarily confused. Isn't that what he just said?

The moment passes though, "Ah, yes quite. I'm afraid I haven't yet been to HALO, or many places around the Nexus. I'm quite new to this whole affair."

Dionysius waits a moment before flashing a roguish grin, "Might you be offering a tour, my dear?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir, KR & Ilpholin]

Wenomir is fairly surprised by Ilpholin's new look, but manages not to look too surprised and let it go for now. He'll ask about it later.
    Oh, hello Ilpholin. It's been a while. I'm not sure why Cessie stormed out so abruptly, really. As I was just telling KR, some of us at Watch had a quarrel with the Masks once... it was what brought her to us in the first place, in fact. Maybe it had something to do with that. Still strange for her to react so strongly, though. She usually manages to keep her cool.
    He nods to Haruki, waiting for Ilpholin to introduce him.