1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The New Age

Post isn't updating on main page....
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Kelvor's eyes flash excitedly. "An army? Haha! Brother Gethane, I am so very proud of you. I wouldn't have wagered you to be the army building type." He says, while he hovers over the two other gods. "Well what are we waiting for? The Patient One has finally commited to war!" a genuinelly happy laugh fills the air as he ascends to a safe distance.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

I was expecting a worse reaction about my building an army even in peacetime, but I suppose our circumstances cause any hope to be met with celebration.

Once they are high up, Gethane lifts his hands to the sky, ripping open the earth itself. Cracks appear all across the desert and in grasslands. Soon, the desert appears to be covered in green and white men. You can no longer see the surface. Gethane puts his right thumb against his left palm and calls out to them. "My soldiers! I command you to head West! Destroy those who clutter the earth with machines!"

The large mass of soldiers starts moving to the West, and more continue to pour out of the earth, filling up the space left by those who are moving. Each one appears unarmed, and upon closer examination, they resemble plants more than any other humanoid. They seem to be growing larger in the sunlight as they march. Each one ending up about 7ft. tall and well built. They don't seem very intelligent, and none of them are talking. They just march forward in an ominous silence.
    Spoiler
    Show

In case you're wondering, I've been boosting this race each turn since turn 2, sometimes giving them a double boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    At last, he comes to the end of the desert. This end is a small pool of water before a large field which leads into the hills. At this place, he uses his wood abilities for the first time. Spore Infestation. Immediately, a large field of spores fills the air, sticking to all objects in the area. They start to leech the energy out of other beings and plants, growing to be the size of small trees.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

4. - Top - End - #394
    Halfling in the Playground

Aldarin frowned at the sight of the earth cracking open, even in the name of defence, bringing such harm upon the land, doing such damage to the beauty of the earth, was crime towards nature. Further, to decide on his own to answer a single offence with a full out war, removing all room for negotiation, all room for peace, hence increasing the threat posed by the westerners, was nothing short of stupidity. Completely forgetting that his magic was currently all holding Gethane airborne, Aldarin disappeared in a puff of smoke, materialising from fires before Vordia.

((sorry Madara, I could not roleplay this much differently. And yes, Aldarin IS that forgetful.))
    So this like, a signature and stuff, yea.

My player registry post.

Unlike the common saying, life really is a dance on roses. Only problem is that no one has removed the thorns.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Gethane was the one hit by nuclear missles. So its understandable that he find the time for peace is over.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Kelvor laughs and catches the Earth God. "I'm so proud of you, and I'm honored to call you Brother. My people will follow yours and help where they can." he flew them lower and landed. "Not that assistance is needed I'm sure." Then he mentally sent a message to his Exarch. [I]The time for war has come. Head west and end the threat. You should meet an army of giants, they are allies."

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure Armin doesn't exist anymore, and if he does he probably won't remember this thread. What should we do from here?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

8. - Top - End - #398

Spoiler
    Show
    Welp, we can probably just decide via votes or consensus for when we have new turns, but I've no idea how to handle the western invaders, and I'm co-gm material at best, far from GM

For the most part Maia was moving along with Elerah's construction quite peacefully, floating around and fixing parts for what seemed like an eternity. Part of her was still amazed she'd even managed to build so much of it already, as she kept finding herself impressed and amazed at the complexity and design of the thing, as there was so many moving parts it probably would have taken her years to even get this far without the assistant of her past life.
    The past life issue was bugging her quite a lot though, as a god she wasn't used to having things denied to her or beyond her reach, and what topped it off was the fact when she actually did tap into her old memories, her mind was nearly crushed in the process. For only such a small thing, her sanity as a god had been shaken.

But at some unspecified point, Maia pretty much fell out of the sky when she felt the earth move and a truly awesome amount of divine energy move with it.
    One of the gods had just triggered something incredible, both worrying Maia and piquing her curiosity as to what the heck it was.
    Elerah was fortunately untouched by the moving of the earth, the sheer amount of tree roots in the earth around her Infinity Puzzle guaranteed some serious stability.

Her curiosity finally got the better of her and Maia floated out of her city-sized forge and wove through the canopy of the mountain forest as she went in the direction of the earth-shaking event.
    Eventually her eyes caught sight of an army of truly sobering size and strength, making her own little army pale in comparison.
    One of the gods was heading to war... like Maia had expected...
    It was times like these she was thankful for her prudence in isolating and hiding herself from the beginning.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I was hoping for a player driven story, and just writing the westerners off as vanquished. A war between Kelvor and Aldarin seems likely, because of their disagreement about how to handle the westerners. Or he could feel threatened by Gethane's army and what he might do with them to the dragons.

Of course, if a player run game is impossible, id be willing to GM this and take over the westerners.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure Armin doesn't exist anymore, and if he does he probably won't remember this thread. What should we do from here?
    I"m sorry guys. I exist. :(

I am busy with Reincarnation Wars and MAYBE one starting RP at the moment here. I cannot keep up with three threads at once.

11. - Top - End - #401

Spoiler
    Show

Well, Slithas and I had some plans that could, with some minor changes, serve to make the story player driven without much difficulty. I have contacted Slithas, and should be getting a answer pretty soon. Zarae hasn't shown any signs of returning, and if Slithas doesn't want to rejoin(which I think we will get the answer to within a few days), that leaves us with what, four players? As I see it, four might be just short of being able to conduct a player driven story, so my suggestion is that we stick to the westerners for a few days, then, if Slithas returns, the two of us initiate a player driven story, if not we come up with another plan. This sound good to everyone? And vixor, if we go with this plan, and you want help in controlling the westerners, I'd be happy to assist you.

My player registry post.

Unlike the common saying, life really is a dance on roses. Only problem is that no one has removed the thorns.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sounds good to me. And id appreciate the help, if we go that route, thanks

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    I"m sorry guys. I exist. :(

I am busy with Reincarnation Wars and MAYBE one starting RP at the moment here. I cannot keep up with three threads at once.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I understand, and don't worry because we're all to blame about the thread dying. That said, if you could help us finish off the westerners....we'd be able to move on
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

14. - Top - End - #404

The original DM is the best DM, but I think me and vixor can handle it, what would make it a lot easier is if you shared some of your plans with one of us, so that we had more to work on than that which has been posted IC.

My player registry post.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Barbarian in the Playground

i'm around, (tho i know i wasnt on as much as normal due to some issues in real life)
    kinda stuck (Zilv spying) and had no ideas what to do and waiting for what was to be done, tho if Zilv is not needed or still wanted I can back out

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

I for one, would love to have you stay I hope your Real World problems are all ok