New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The New Age

1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The New Age

before the Great Disbursement (so half are in yalls cities), a national festival had been set with Zilv's followers on the new moon of every month. this 3 day festival was nearing, and her people, both in the homeland and those dwelling in foreign lands were preparing.

remembering the teachings she had taught them:
    "bring change and excitement where ever you go be it for good or ill. live on the edge in a constant state of self-reinvention. thrive to puncture the self-righteousness, sanctimony, and pretension that pervades orderly society with mischievous pranks that both amuse and enlighten.
    enjoy causing trouble for its own sake and have the ability to take care of yourselves should a prank prove to be deadly or go awry. Inspire laughter and happiness, giddy silliness, and welcome release from care so that the routine of day-to-day existence does not become worn so deep that it grinds all the joy from life. Celebrate the spontaneous.
    "

In Barra thac'zilin, at twilight, the Nightshadows (religious leaders) gathered from the Karliik (capital) castle balcony and proclaimed the start with a fancy fireworks show. Each matron was dress in ceremonial robes of deep blue fabric decorated with the Shadowdancer's symbol and asymmetrical geometric designs.
    At midnight of the first day, the first matron carried down the sacred item. The people as one grew silent. A magical sword stolen from the lands far east. Fires grew, but these were not flames of destruction. Flames of darkness, of shadows. The matron and her cohort stood before the people, leading the people into one of the oldest songs. At its crescendo, the stolen sword was placed among the burning shadows. They flared to brightness for a moment. Then it was gone. the crowds erupted into cheers. Joyous events carried into the next 3 days. The clans grew wild with pranks, parties, and trouble. Such revelry was not without violence, but overall the days remained festive, silly, and over all fun for every tribe and family, from the nobles to the low class. All were equals for the week.

In foreign lands, the festival began by the Mischief-makers (religious leaders outside of their homeland); the celebrations were less national with gatherings of families and groups to celebrate in similar fashions to those in the homeland. Of course most of the rivalry was to create fun chaos in the established cities. and likewise, the leaders of each group gathered to make sacrifices of gains from their endeavors.
    ----

Lady Chaos didnt even flinch or retreat with the bolt of lightning. Zilvtree's eyes, the best give away for those who knew how to read them, were a shade a violet not often seen. Unable to hold it in anymore, even after the subtle threat and display of power, she began to laugh aloud, a voice fading from a deep base(sp?) to a melodious elvish. she kept herself hidden from the mortals the entire time.
    "Poor Queble," her laugh softening as she return to her own form as well, "He'll be so crushed you think him such a monstrosity," her words clearly showing the jesting as well. Back to normal, and speaking to where no mortal could hear either, "Ah well, you know how it is. Need a challenge," she replied casually with a shrug. "Beside, Queble is in hiding as well as Maia, Armthor is run off, and" turning to face her partner, "Gethane and Aldrin were talking business. Didnt make it there in time. I already fought with the Scorpion," the first mention of it to anyone, "so it left you. Truthfully spontaneous decision. Your should consider caring something on you, would been left at that actually. If you makes it better, you squashed my shade, he wasnt so happy about that. oh... I can pretend to flee real quick," the last phrase popping out like a random thought.

OOC: yes she's half insane
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((want to add domain rank 4 shadow, just not sure how to word it currently in the situation)).
    Last edited by Zarae; 2012-03-21 at 12:36 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

At the sight of Zilvtree's true form Vordia's expression relaxed, and she swirled a finger in the air, the clouds around the city following the motion, circling quickly and turning back to white, looking like whipped cream spinning around the city. "I can appreciate a joke every now and then, but trying to make me look foolish infront of my followers is one line that should never be crossed." She responded to the Shadow Goddess, her entire demenour growing more calm now. "No need to 'flee', now that you're here and showing yourself for who you really are."

3. - Top - End - #183

a simple snap of her fingers, "taken care of." Zilvtree smiled at that, manipulating each mortal mind present to not having seen anything that transpired since her arrival up in the clouds.
    "I see I am rubbing off on you," she replied softly while Gethane was being 'lectured'.

She listened to the proposal from Gethane and Vordia's thoughts. the clouds whip cream look actually began to look rather tasty; Zilvtree began playing with swirling darkness in her own fingers, her head tilted and appearing completely distracted while formulating it into a similar shape of the clouds. then adding a 'cone' to finish the scene.

"one small issue I foresee about no powers," looking up and piping in, a finger tapping her chin in thought, "what if an actual need for them was to arise. Let say an enemy of us all manages to beat the system. We have to admit there is something like that out there. Otherwise, not a bad idea, even if it will become a tad uninteresting. Make sure someone's magic keeps it well stocked with goodies," almost as an afterthought.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm. I can understand your worry about allowing abilities to work, but I do want there to be an afterlife. So, I can agree with limiting the abilities of all who enter, but we should allow the dead to be in this place as well." Gethane realizes that he was rude before, but he was quite busy at the time, besides, this was for the benefit of all those living.

When Zilv spoke of pranking the gods, he heard names that he didn't recognize, "Who is this Maia? Where is she hiding? Do you think she could help us?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

5. - Top - End - #185

"No, the dead should go somewhere else; perhaps a communal world of the beyond, or their own gods personal domain, but what I suggest is a location for us gods to personally and privately talk. And if there is something that can surpass the safeguards of all the living deities, then we may as well already be dead." Vordia said to both of them. She realised she hadn't thought about what happened to her own followers upon their passing. It was something she would have to look into, but not right now, there were other things to do right now.

"And I'm not familiar with this Maia either. Interested to meet another who may have been hiding from us though." Vordia added.

6. - Top - End - #186

"She's not been around much, to busy "hiding" and for what reason is beyond me. Messed with her once, didnt turn out as well as I hoped. Tho...those cookies tasted rather delicious," her mind back on food again. "could try provoking her see if she'd show up. if you want Queble, check around the oceans. Last time I saw him, a "giant bird" ran him to a hideout," she soft chuckle added afterwards.
    Last edited by Zarae; 2012-03-22 at 05:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

"Is it possible that we could create both?" Gethane replies, "I understand your concern, but the original need to be filled is a place for the dead. As of now, we gods could just meet somewhere inhospitable to mortals, if we want privacy."

Gethane moves closer to Zilv, putting his hand on her back, making it clear to the sky goddess that he was bound to Zilv in their Pantheon, and that they are worshiped together and work together.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

8. - Top - End - #188

Aldarin sat with his back against a tree trunk, it was not often he had little inspiration, but now was one of those times. He had formed his Sanctum freely for a long time and it had been a area that took so little time to manipulate, he was almost running out of ideas and he felt to tired to try those few he had. His people were evolving nicely, picking up on more magic and art by the day. How slow they were in learning astounded Aldarin, but he had to admit that their progress was steady if nothing else. As he sat against the tree, trying to think of something to create that didn't need to much power, his thoughts drifted. After a while his thoughts turned to Vordia, she truly was the single most beauty full thing he hadn't created himself and with her new necklace, she was truly wonderful. There was something about her, a beauty he could not understand. Her word had sounded like music, but now he understood music, but did not understand her. As he thought about her, he let his thoughts drift out to her, no words, only a silent caress of longing and and thinly veiled boredom, though Aldarin himself did not realise either emotion was within him.

9. - Top - End - #189

The view from the rooftop gave a curious perspective on things, almost like a bird watching the world below Maia could see so much happening. They weren't exactly ants as the roof wasn't that high, but being able to see so many of them and what each of their efforts achieved in a cumulative total...
    How one man could be seen hauling in vast quantities of grain due to the absurd bounty Maia's efforts had caused as a 'side-effect', and the grain would go to the animals, the animals to the slaughterhouses and then to the people.
    It was an amazing cycle to observe, even on such a small scale and short time frame.
    A part of the cycle of life so easily observed.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Major Act: Up a Domain: Life Rank 4

Maia eventually climbed back down to the ground and weaved amongst the people of the earth god, hiding her awe and intrigue of these people in order to fit in the best she could. After all, something like carrying a pig in for dinner was nothing really to be amazed about by another mortal, and that's what Maia was appearing to be.

For now, she decided a new experiment was in order with her new affinity for the earth beneath her feet, for the curious sensation of being so at ease in a city of a lifeless material. A rock didn't have the same energy pulsing through it like a plant or a creature, yet it was strangely comfortable to be around, and her feet was almost longing to be freed from their boots and embedded in the dirt beneath them.
    No true life of its own, yet that unmistakeable something that supports life.

Though when she arrived back at her Mycket pen with a steadily decreasing supply of iron ingots, she contemplated focusing her efforts on her flock like she had always been intending to. The Myckets were simple and soothing to watch and be around, as there wasn't quite the hustle and bustle of the humans and their day to day lives and worries.
    She'd have to pick names for them someday...

So Maia focused on growing and collecting things for them to eat for the time being and watched over the growth of her trio of mutated Myckets. The people here had sort of inspired her to try things manually rather than snapping them into existence, so she spent quite a while hunting around Kirin for all kinds of things, and often trading the odd iron ingot.
    It went without saying she was a little tired when she got back to the pen once again, sitting down and leaning against her Treestaff to rest for awhile.
    Mortals really were fascinating...

10. - Top - End - #190

"I believe my people worship me expecting their final resting place to be in my domain. I am unsure on a communal paradise- two different people's idea of it can be vastly opposing." Vordia said, before watching Gethane put his hand on Zilvtree's shoulder and she gave them a cute look "Aww, I didn't realise you two were a couple, so cute!" She teased them, "But I must go, it is my turn to have some fun." she said, giving Zilvtree a wink, "Oh, and farewell. Feel free to say as long as you want." she finished, directing that more to Gethane in response to his earlier rudeness before she vanished from before them with the breeze.

"Do you... desire?" Aldarin heard the wind whisper to him. "How delectable..." It uttered as it swirled around him "A god so obsessed with beauty but unable to understand or even have that which he finds most beautiful in the world." The winds visibly swirled together across from Aldarin ending up in the form of Vordia, sat there looking rather civil with a cup of tea already in her hand, and she gave a smile and raised her eyebrow suggestively to him. "Whatever will we do about that?" she said with a flare in her eyes at her own thoughts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Major Act - Domain: Desire

11. - Top - End - #191

"as it stands, that is where my own followers are currently going, to dwell in Olath Z'hin," shrugging.
    after the affection and tease, Zilvtree only added to it, exaggerating, by an arm around the top of Gethane's shoulders, her tall structure to her advantage here, "well you know, opposites attract," a soft laugh. then a wave as Vordia left.
    Turning to look at Gethane, "so, what now? Find Maia? Be like a game of man-hunt," she chuckled.
    ((man-hunt or hide-n-go-seek))
    A snap of her fingers (real quick to take care of something), another shadow creature was beside her, this one snake like appearing before his master, "tell Inriia to head home. I need her to take care of the newly dead. Nilrae, you will take her place." the snake like being nodded in acknowledgement and slithered off. another snap and 4 dark elven shaped beings were before her, "follow Nilrae, he knows what to do."
    the whole process took less than a minute. her attention back to her partner.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((used minor act-2, create lvl 14 servant; create group of lvl 6 servants. 5 left.))
    Last edited by Zarae; 2012-03-24 at 11:32 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

"I have made no place for my own domain, because my domain is of the earth itself. Another real would seem...odd." He watches as Zilv adapts quickly to the new need of her people, "Yes, I think finding Maia would be a good choice at this point. Where should we start? If we can't sense her...I have an Idea."

Gethane remembers his new servants, and calls together the 40 Servus. "You are to go find anyone who seems out of place in the Land of Stone, and report back to us. Try to find those who can use unusual magic, or have foreign beings with them."

He turns back to Zilv, "I think we should look together as well. Do you think we could stop by your people? I'd like to give them a gift."

Zilv's energy has been wearing off on Gethane, he's form looks younger, like a man in his early 20s, rather than his previous form of a middle-aged man.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

13. - Top - End - #193

"Perhaps 'shake things up' for your followers, make it somewhat harder, more laborous, you know those kinda things. then that way an after-life would be ideal," a quick suggestion. few mortals of any other deity would find her realm a pleasant place to one day join. Thus an offer would not do.
    The part of her realm that her own followers went to in Olath Z'hin was divided into areas of loose groups of good and evil. Neutrals were decided based on leanings. All were governed (place decided) and watched over by servants of the Shadowdancer on her authority.

"why not create an object that seeks out divine aura. or better yet, set her up to come to you. Hostage situation might not go over as well, but it could be entertaining!"
    Zilvtree began preparing a spell, something simular to a portal that carried one thru the shadows, and allowed others to travel with her.
    "Barra thac'zilin is that way," pointing the general direction from the cloud city far in the distance beyond the mountain range, "Only about half still dwell there now; intentional for the most part. Unless you are referring to Olath Z'hin? a small mischievous smirk at that with violet orbs.
    Last edited by Zarae; 2012-03-24 at 12:35 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Gethane laughs, "I do mean Barra thac'zilin. Care to join me? If not, I'll see you later. Keep an eye out for the hidden god. I don't like knowing that she could cause trouble anywhere at any time." Gethane kisses her hand and goes off to Barra thac'zilin.

When he arrives, he walks peacefully to wherever there seem to be a gathering of soldiers or scouts. They need some assistance in blending in when its not dark. Gethane walks over and shows them a new form of stealth, Camouflage. This kind of Camouflage uses a bit of magic to be more effective. After teaching this to them, he stays in the city for a few days and discusses how they view the gods, and the afterlife.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Minor action to teach Camouflaging.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

15. - Top - End - #195

Stepping thru the portal she created, Zilvtree left the sky city, and appeared in homeland of her followers.
    --
    Everyone was going about their usual day, small forts on the outskirts of the large forest that served as the main entrance into the mystic lands, holding scouts and guards. Karliik, the capitol of the land, was more busy than the outlining small villages. Younglings in school, adolescence in apprenticeships, and craftspeople at their work- fishers, hunters, teachers, trainers, government. the most impressive sight was the Karliik castle. Here was home to the first matron's tribe, high class merchant shops, a small temple to the Shadowdancer, and ruling council chambers. around the back side of the castle was a small lake. an open courtyard was around the tree's front side, complete with the royal gardens. a large statue of an elven female with ankle sweeping hair, stood in the center surrounded by darkberry vines, deep blue flowers in full bloom. before the stature was the main altar. an old tree that looked like the ghost story haunted house version was isolated from the tree homes served as prison.

the tree homes, were an amazing sight to see to any outsider. Especially this time of the month during the festival. Homes more decorated than any other times (which was saying alot for these people); celebrations were on going (mostly at night), including parties, dances, competitions, and anything imaginable. The main tavern was preparing for the evening.

the best minds grasped the new magic abilities quickly. the last day of the festival an honor celebration was held for Gethane in appreciation. the fact of a deity physically walking among them was a highlight. Gethane would find out much of what her followers believed and looked forward to, even their thoughts on anything he'd listen to. some gifts were presented, usually on altars in the villages as they did for Zilvtree.
    Word even spred of the Shadowdancer's physical appearance in the land and among the people.
    --
    Zilvtree was in and out of the land, making appearances randomly during the wildest parties, none knowing until she left. She did not spare her own being apart of her pranks and jokes.
    Last edited by Zarae; 2012-03-24 at 05:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196

Maia caught herself dozing off after awhile, but she awoke when her Tree Mycket had sat down next to her. The Mycket was starting to grow a whole variety of strange and wonderful miniature trees and plants, and Maia was starting to become curious about what the extent of its growth would be, as it was even growing grass and such.

The ones that she had fed meat hadn't changed yet, but the one that ate the mutton had started to grow fur which looked to be the beginnings of a woolen coat like a sheep. The scales on the Iron Mycket were starting grow more rough and pronounced, like they were getting thicker and larger, though Maia's supply of iron ingots was almost gone so she wasn't sure how much more growth the Iron Mycket would get.

Kirin had so far let her get herself established and stable, Maia was thankful but her time here was coming to a close, her Myckets deserved wider pastures rather than being confined to a little grass pen, so Maia started making preparations to leave.
    First she had to get rid of the iron ingots, so she fed a few to her Iron Mycket and started hauling several off to trade to the people for little trinkets and things. She found a trinket that was a string of multicolored earthen beads with a small chunk of quartz on the end that she tied into her hair -the first of many, no doubt.

When she'd finally run out of iron she went back to Mycket pen and plucked her staff from the ground, taking a moment to dig a gap through the grass fence so her Myckets could be free, and then trekking off down the street with her thirty-three Myckets in tow as she made her way for the walls of Kirin.

As she neared the wall, Maia turned around to gaze at the city once more, digging her staff into the ground slightly as she let out a smooth breath like a content sigh.
    Unnoticed, her power pulsed through the ground specifically as she had been wanting to experiment with her new affinity for the earth, and she figured it would be a good way of saying thanks.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Minor Act: Blessing the Earth

Basically Blessing a Population except it focuses on the subtle magics that increase prosperity of the earth rather than the people themselves

Maia turned back to look at the wall, finding herself someone on the wall and waving to them.
    "'Lo there! I seek entrance to the outside world!" Maia called up the wall to the guardians, her Myckets clustering about her once again.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

The guards on the wall open up a hole for the goddess to exit through, and wave goodbye to her. Some of them have confused looks as they see her "flock", but the older guards point out that at least the things are leaving.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

18. - Top - End - #198

the humaniod form stood before Zilvtree who grinned at her creative work. the servant bowed before her mistress and waited for her instructions.
    "Zebeycyrl, you shall lead charge of my group of spies," she began to instruct, teaching Zeb what she needed to know for her mission, how to go about, even how to determine important from less so. This group would be the Shadowdancer's undercover eyes and ears in the other cities, as well as behind the scene guardians of those outside of Barra thac'zilin. Zeb nodded her understanding from her submissive place.
    Zilvtree then formed 13 more servants, spider-like lower half, humanoid upper half. Zeb directed and in turn instructed these 13 before heading off to their task.
    Zilvtree then shadowjumped to the Karliik tavern Gethane had been seen around earlier, her eyes their original maroon in tint.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((minor acts- 2.
    create lvl 14 servant; create 13 lvl 6 servents
    left 3?
    i'm cheating on the names and taking them from characters in my story.))
    Last edited by Zarae; 2012-03-26 at 01:22 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199

In the city, people were taking to the newer aspects of their magic fluidly and though still no one are as strong as the blast masters, the people were growing versatile.

Aldarin totally missed the suggestive part of Vordia's question even though the desire in him was strong and smiled a happy smile back to her. He held out his hand and by using his creation magic, made a low table appear between them, and cushions to sit on. On the table stood a steaming pot of tea and fitting accessories and a cup matching the one Vordia held. As he seated himself, Aldarin answered the question, still smiling. "Well, for a start we can continue where we left of before we were interrupted."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Gethane notices Zilv, but doesn't say anything to the crowd. If she wants her followers to know its her, that's up to her. Then he gestures for her to sit next to him. "You there, young miss, come sit. What are your views on the gods? Do you plan on becoming a priestess someday?" Gethane smirks, wondering what she'll do.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

21. - Top - End - #201

Maia merrily strolled out of Kirin without a care in the world, her Mycket flock making sure to keep up with her all the while investigating everything they possibly could. The Stone Mycket was trying its best to eat every rock they came across, and the Tree Mycket munched the odd shoot of grass or wildflower.

She figured the journey between two different cities would probably be good enough for the Myckets to 'stretch their legs', as she wasn't quite good at wandering aimlessly, so she wanted a destination in mind.
    Without further ado, Maia drew her Life Map out as she walked, zooming out a great distance to get a lock on all the centres of life around the region. Though as she looked at the map again, she was left wanting some options, as it'd be a good way of recording each town and such. So she did just that, focusing her power through a finger as she started drawing on the map.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Minor Act: Upgrading Life Map: Adding minor interface functions

Soon she had a circle around most of the places she suspected were cities, and tagged the one she left as 'Kirin'. She'd have to get around to adding terrain to this thing, and her new affinity with earth would probably help there, though she suspected she'd need the same affinity for water before it'd show up too.
    So she picked a city that had a decent amount of walking required for the Myckets to get some fresh air, and simply started on her way.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

The Servus were divided into groups of three, and had disguised themselves as local races. When the 'flock' left Kirin, one group decided to tail the traveler long enough to know she wasn't all powerful. Little did they know that when she pulled out the life map, their location was revealed. They are still traveling behind her, trying to stay out of sight....
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

23. - Top - End - #203

The new interface options of the Map gave her a very handy ability to keep track of specific lifeforms, as Maia began the laborious process of changing all the little white blots that represented her Myckets into little green blots so keep track of them no matter where they went.
    That was if they ever lost interest in the staff's fruit, which she doubted. It did make her concerned that in time she'd probably be walking around with thousands of Myckets still obsessed with the Treestaff's fruit.
    Well, she'd cross that bridge when she came to it.

"There!" Maia said triumphantly, brandishing the Life Map at her flock, "Now I won't be able to lose track of any of you!"

Though her eyes inevitably traveled to three dots that were somewhere nearby when she glanced at the map again.
    "Eh...?" Maia said in surprise, taking a closer look at the map.

They looked separate from the blur of mini-lifeforms like worms in the dirt, they definitely weren't Myckets and they didn't appear to be moving at the moment. What's more is that Maia couldn't see them because of a hill and they were between her and Kirin almost like they would have had to follow her to get where they were. Surely Maia would have seem them on the way out if they were out here all along.
    She thought about going over to them but they could have been just anomalies on the map, and it'd be silly to investigate such an occurrence every time it happened. So she decided to experiment instead, and continued on her way, keeping an eye on the Map.

24. - Top - End - #204

Zilvtree had remained unseen among her followers; she preferred her followers to make their own luck, not appreciating those who constantly rely on her favor to get by (showing her favor by success and her disfavor by failed attempts at a task, general mayhem or bad luck.) Her physical appearances to her people were special events, something for them to look forward to. To be pranked by the Mistress of Mischief was an honor, a higher honor during her festivals.
    late into the evening, the tavern was gathered around the his table, everyone with some alcoholic beverage. Candles set the place aglow with soft orange light, the warm colors highlighting the decorations of the festival. Minstrels played in the background. Earlier the stage had been filled with dancers. a far corner were a few cloaked figures smoking away with their pipes. the entire floor smelled of roasted venison and powerful herbs.

The Shadowdancer's eyes grew violet with a sardonic grin as she was picked out, intentional of course by Gethane. She kept a smug smirk a few moments. the crowds parted to a lean figure barely visible, even with the candles. Pretending to be shy and meek, she stepped closer from the shadows. to everyone it appeared like a 16 year old girl, dressed in leathers of a hunter, an obvious unassuming girl of lower class. Zilvtree sat down, looking around to the others who had gotten rather quiet for a second. then one of the folks in back laughed, creating a low laughter across the tavern. She made her cheeks redden on cue, keen elven eyes spotting the man who started it.
    "my view?" she asked humbly, another chuckle from the crowd carried across the people, "I havent met many sire, but I hear our Lady is..." her voice real quiet and leaning over in a hushed voice, "insane," clearing her throat as she prepared to answer the second question, "me a priestess? I have desired to be," this time the laugh was louder than before. Disguised Zilvtree narrowed her eyes to the original mocker, and pointed a finger. Magical energy gathered and the male's breeches fell to his ankles, his ale slipping from his grasp on him heart patterns undershorts, and tripping over something in that moment. Getting up he found his long brown hair in disarray and currently pink. Trying to speak, he began babbling. the crowds looked back to the girl a second before laughing carried across the tavern.
    Last edited by Zarae; 2012-03-25 at 09:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

"The true spirit of your Lady indeed! I bet you'd get along well with her. Why don't you come with me upstairs? The nights getting late and you mortals need your sleep." Gethane walks over to the barkeep/tavern owner and gives them a few gold coins, "I'd like a room with a view." He walks back over to the goddess, and puts his arm around her. I wonder how the people will react with her appearing to be a mere 16 year old. No matter though, I'm getting tired of the company of mortals.

The Servus continued to follow Maia, keeping their distance and remaining out of sight. "We shouldn't bother following her for much longer, she doesn't seem to be anything special." the first says.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

26. - Top - End - #206

The moment the three dots on the map started moving again, Maia's expression turned to a fretful frown; she didn't like being followed, there were too many reasons for it and pretty much all of them Maia didn't like. Sure they might be curious about her and her flock, or where she might have gotten all that iron or where she came from and such, but why wouldn't those kinds of people just ask? And ask her back in the city where it would have been convenient.

Unfortunately Maia's mind wouldn't drop the subject, as her worries kept increasing the longer they followed, until she outright decided to try and escape. She still hadn't tested the stamina of her Myckets, so now was as good a time as any.
    And without warning, the shepherd goddess broke into a sprint, a chorus of surprised squeaks from her Myckets before they too rushed after her with a furious waddle.

She might not have been that good at running but a naturally superhuman body with a powerful scarf to keep her stamina up, Maia felt pretty confident at her chances as she powered on up a nearby mountain. Though she pretty much went rolling down the other side, as her legs were barely moving fast enough to catch her speed on the downhill ascent, and her Myckets had nothing in that regard.
    Fortunately Maia didn't have to worry about injuries so she could run as fast as she liked, and the Myckets... well they seemed nigh-indestructible as they bounced down the mountain, their muscle-filled pudgy bodies like rubber balls that simply bounced off everything.

Maia finally came to a halt at the bottom of the mountain to catch her breath and wait for her Myckets to recover and regroup, idly keeping an eye on her map to see the progress of the three dots. If they kept chasing her yet not actually confronting her, she'd have to try something a little less human.
    Regardless, she still needed to keep herself on the path to the city she'd chosen to trek to.

27. - Top - End - #207

the girl looked around, the laughing slowly ceasing and the crowds began returning to their tables, some to retreat to their own tree homes. their was only a few rooms that served as an inn due to the fact there were rarely outsiders in the area. the barkeep took the coin and handed over an ornate key, smiling widely, "out that door and across the western bridge. its a small tree building, but your room is on the left and top. special room, even with indoor tub." then returned to her task.
    the humiliated man, pulling his breeches up and preparing to head out heard in his ear a raspy voice that sounded like a whisper, "never under-estimate."
    Looking around to see nobody, he then turned to the girl who was standing up staring at him directly. It was then he caught a quick glance of her, the Shadowdancer. But now he was stuck in a dilima, no one would believe one so humiliated. Instead he quietly in shame left the tavern.
    Zilvtree, as disguised appeared to vanish from the mortal crowds, only now seen by divine eyes, was standing in the corner at the stairs, arms crossed when he walked over.
    "well, if you wish to stay here, be my guest. Lith My'athar is much better and more to my liking," opening a portal to the only entrance to Olath Z'hin, still unseen by mortals. they felt the magical energies fill the place. enough to pause and look around. it was then another group of dancers took stage, a new group of minstrels to start playing.
    Zilvtree stepped thru, leaving it open for a few minutes, to teleport to the dark meadow, V'dri, standing beside a crumbling column.
    Last edited by Zarae; 2012-03-27 at 06:43 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Gethane doesn't follow, instead he retires to the room and does something unnecessary, he sleeps. During this deep sleep, he dreams of his past life. In fact, he remembers his previous incarnation's death. Of course, when he wakes again in the morning he doesn't remember the dreams. However, he does feel a new sense of urgency, that he must continue working.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

29. - Top - End - #209

Vordia and Aldarin drank in silence for a moment, Vordia just admiring the scenery, and watching a small bird hopping about in the grass and flying up into the trees, tweeting to its fellows of the same feather.

"Aldarin, I'd like to ask something of you. A favour of sorts." She began, turning her attention to him now from the bird. "You are an excellent craftsman, so I would like to commission something of you." She took a sip of her tea and placed it down on the table, focusing all her attention on Aldarin. "A ring. A very particular ring, one that... solidifies reality." She stood up and slowly walked around the table, her attention on him while her eyes were on nearby birds. "Zilvtree played around with my perception of what was real and what was not a short while ago. It is a kind of power I want no one to have over me, as I'm sure any god with countless followers and great power would agree. Even if she is using it for her own amusement right now, it can have devastating effects on us should she decide to use it that way. Make us fight one another because of her illusions." She had come around close to Aldarin, and leaned against the table next to him, looking him in the eye. "You understand I want this so she may not fool me or those close to me, yes? I would suggest one for yourself too, just to be safe." She smiled kindly to him. "I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you either now, would I?"

30. - Top - End - #210

Aldarin unconsciously let a small flame play in his hands, rolling from finger to finger. "That indeed is troubling, such a power in the wrong hands could be cataclysmic." Aldarin had already begun the mental shaping of the ring, solidifying reality, not a bad idea. A almost inaudible note could be heard as Aldarin concentrated. Then suddenly, the flame went out, and the sound disappeared. Aldarin smiled at Vordia, "I think I can do this, while solidifying the entirety of reality is a bit complex, if one shapes the wielders resonance with reality, the effect should be satisfactory. I could make a ring that would slightly upset the wielders resonance, thus making anything not of "reality" a disharmony. You'd both know what the illusion wanted you to know, know reality and know which was true. But I am a bit to tiered to make a ring like that on my own now, but if you lent me your help, it should be doable."
    Last edited by oddysen; 2012-03-29 at 05:36 AM.