New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The New Age

1. - Top - End - #211
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The New Age

"Sounds good. You have my aid." Vordia smiled, offering a hand to Aldarin, winds twirling around her fingers as the flame had twirled around his, to grant her powers in aid of the creation of such an artefact.

It was a ring of simplest beauty, a simple band of blue-tinted steel and reddened copper intertwined in a double helix, thin and elegant, the steel cool and the copper warm to the touch. Disharmony from the surroundings would cause the two bands to hum their notes of alert, and disrupt the alterations for the wearer to see.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Ceremony - Artifact: Ring of Reality
    Last edited by slithas; 2012-03-29 at 06:14 AM.

2. - Top - End - #212

Aldarin tapped into his and Vordia's power, drawing upon reality. He used his creation to form the base of it's material form and infused it with beauty and storm for it's shape. Music took the most power, as it was the base of this ring, but both wind and fire were used to grant it it's unique abilities. Then, having gathered the energies, and having formed them around Vordia's finger, he let them solidify to become the ring. Aldarin smiled, pleased with his craftsmanship, making the ring had pushed his limits, and even expanded them. "The ring suits you, Vordia."

Spoiler
    Show

1 ceremony:Ring of reality.
    1 major act:Add ability:Formidable artitian.
    Last edited by oddysen; 2012-03-29 at 08:33 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

The dream gave Gethane an idea, while he remembered no details, he did know that he dreamed of the past. He decided to go somewhere else in order to test his idea.

Gethane passed through the back door of the bar, and then he shifted off to the desert. He tried to think of the feeling of the past, becoming aware of every passing second. Focusing all his energy, he waved his arms over the nearby land and restored the sand to its past form as a beautiful forest with pools of water.

"Wow, to think that even I can only go so far back with time. This magic is very powerful, but it takes too much energy for mortals to get much use out of. In fact, I don't think its possible to travel through time, or at least for living creatures."

Spoiler
    Show
    2 Major actions to create Time Magic, and 2 minor to change the landscape.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zilvtree waited a few moments, slightly saddened that Gethane declined, but moved on quickly as was in her nature. She decided to stop by P'luin Dro, the vast area of her realm sat aside for her faithful dead. The unfaithful/false were in another area totally separate and uncrossable to any but deity- Uoi'nota, a place of empty void and bleakness; eventually driven insane as their bodies change to become part of Uoi'nota or shadow beings totally subservant to the Shadowdancer.
    the dead, the few that were here (due to the fact that her transformed followers lived longer on average) was divided into the good/neutral- Bwael Elghinyrr and the bad- Myar Elghinyrr, a gulf seperating the two areas.
    After a while of exploring and walking among her faithful dead, she returned to Lith My'athar, picking up one of the exotic snakes to slither across her path on the way to her personal chambers. the stolen sword first to 'greet' her as she entered, Zilvtree headed to a washroom to enjoy a hot bath.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Gethane thought back to his meeting with Zilv and realized that she had meant for him to follow to her realm. He knew he could go into it...but he wasn't exactly sure how. So, he went back to the tavern where she had left. Nope, the portal is gone. Gethane was wearing a heavy cloak so that the people wouldn't recognize him. A perfect chance to try the new magic. Gethane focused on his memory of the portal, and reached out to its previous location, reactivating it. Then, right before it closed he stepped inside to Zilv's realm, the same place she teleported to, V'dri the forest.

Gethane looked around, not exactly sure where to start. So, he focused on detecting Zilv's arua, but of course the whole realm felt like her, so it was going to be difficult. He looked around for one of her divine servants, "Hello there, have you seen your Lady? I'm trying to find her."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

6. - Top - End - #216

The servant was beside one of the only standing columns (who looks somewhat like my avatar but without the white eyes), surprised to see not a mortal. In fact, it knew who had entered, and gave a bow of honorable respect.
    its speech was slow, almost haunting sounding and unnatural, "I can take you there," it managed to get out. meanwhile another servant was coming to take this one's place.
    "you mustn't stay here long," the only warning it could/knew to give about V'dri. In fact, a slight sleepiness was trying to tug at Gethane as he stood here, a force tempting to lull him into a soft comfortable sleep.

the servants hand waved Gethane over, and lead him out of the V'dri meadow into the forest, the sudden pull of the previous magic no longer at work. the temperature was a comfortable 65 degrees.
    "cold not long ago. it may change still," the servant spoke.
    the area looked like a midsummer midnight in a magical forest. the new moon's glow barely reached thru the weird trees that surrounded them, but left the faintest glow upon the trail that wove thru. along the way was a number of flowering plants, and quite a few vines of a beautiful dark blue flower with berries. 3 ft diameter mushrooms grew on one side of the trail, and appeared to turn and watch before appearing normal again. Illusion or not, no one was sure. on the right was a fast moving creek, flowing along with them, the cool water adding a soft mist around its darkness. and apart from its color, it was real water. the creek made a sharp turn, a wooden and less stable swing bridge over it for crossing.

as they walked, the land shifted around them, slowly, but noticeable to divine eyes for sure. The rocks and the cave had not been there before. the servant paused to re-adjust its direction, turning to the left and continued. this process occurred a few times.
    "look there," pointing to the hill in the far distance, barely visible, "that Lith My'ather."

Spoiler
    Show
    ((picutres just visual aids, b/c i like pictures.
    the castle's not gunna be exact b/c i cant find what i imagine.))
    Last edited by Zarae; 2012-03-30 at 03:19 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Gethane head off into the castle, Beautiful Landscaping. He searches the castle for a little while..and when he think he knows where she is, he stands outside the door, "Zilv, are you there?"

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Minor action to create nonmagical goods, which will probably appear in the next post.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

8. - Top - End - #218

the servant lead Gethane to the draw bridge, "I cannot cross," motioning to another servant, one whose features were less a shade and more humanoid, on the other side by the gate. this one waved Gethane across, the first servant vanishing then to return to its work.
    Walking across, almost blindly it seamed one was entering a dream. the elvish male smiled as he bowed, "an honor, sire. Shall I lead you thru the maze?"
    The two walked thru, the male guiding Gethane thru the changing puzzle floors, around the traps and tricks, and twords the upper center. without a guide or knowledge, one would not only get lost, but set off nearly every trap. Half of the corridors were dead ends, nothing to them except to be there or hold some art within.
    Creatures of all types were found among the floors, nearly all creatures of the night; it was not unusual to see a spider crossing the ceiling, a cat chasing something moving, a snake slithering; of course the place was clean, servants kept it that way.
    Zilvtree may have been of darkness, but she did love color also, the wide range of it among curtains and anything fabric. Her chaotic nature was not hard to miss neither, nothing appearing symmetrical. The obsidian stone with mithril veins were remenesent of a spider web. gems refracted soft glowing lights of an unknown source. Murals and other art work decorated the corridors and rooms, carved statues of precious stones standing beside each door like silent guardians. A deep crimson rug ran down the center of the hall. the few windows in the place were filled with random pattern stain glass, and protected with magical wards. The rooms they passed were all what could be found in any castle- dinning hall, kitchen, courtyard, mutiliple bedchambers including bathrooms, training rooms, places of work, ect. a medium sized antechamber stood at the very center bottem floor. the whole place was a mingle of smells, delicious fresh foods, flowery scents, and incense.
    The male kept looking back to make sure Gethane was there; to lose such a guest would be disastrous for him. the servant stops at the stairs, and point upwards, "She is expecting you. it should be safe to go on your own now," then bids farewell with another bow before departing.

ZIlvtree sat in the pool like tub full of bubbles, the hot water making the washroom slightly steamy. She had already be told of visitors, and was not surprised. a snap of her fingers the door opened for him to a large room; a canopy (i thinks its called) bed in the center, tables on each side, a cluttered desk and bookshelves all around. in the far back was the open path to the washroom, the only door a beaded curtain.
    "I might be. If this is your imagination, you have good taste," she jested from down in the water.

--
    Meanwhile, as Maia was moving away from the city, their just happen to be one of the recently created spies passing that way to enter the city, the half spider half person, very unimposing apart from being a hybrid creature, moving quietly. His partners had already gone ahead, accidentally leaving him behind, or he hoped it was on accident. being the most clumsy and curious, no one wanted to work with him willingly.
    He stopped to see the shepherdess woman running tumbling down the mountain followed by creatures it had never seen bouncing down after her. the dothka tilted it head watching the show amused and curious. it scrambled closer to the rock, his skills as a spy useful in this situation. Of course he didnt know that this shepherdess was more than she appeared. He was too fascinated by her and the things that followed.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((maybe some random interaction with Maia?))
    Last edited by Zarae; 2012-03-30 at 06:15 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Gethane wasn't imagining this, but you might say he has good taste. From behind his back he produces flowers as chaotic as Zilv, "They're not magical, just extinct. Its almost as if you created them. They suit you." The flowers are simular in shape to a rose, but each petal changes color in the light from a vibrant red to a cool blue.He walks over and sits on the bed, this situation...wasn't expected and goes against his nature. He decides that its best for Zilv to take the lead, since she's the chaotic creative and flexible one.

"Truly, this place is magnificent. Now I see why you wanted to leave the tavern, this is..well far beyond anything created by mortals."
    Gethane is going to tell Zilv about his thoughts and recent actions later, for now he just wants to enjoy the moment.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

10. - Top - End - #220

a few seconds later, it appeared she vanished, only to reappear in the door way, a dark lopsided baggy shirt and caprees (the half pants). She didnt appear to have any weapons nor seam alarmed in away way. her feet were bare, long multicolored wet hair dripping onto the floor and back of her ankle.
    "aw! thank you. how did you know?" retorted playfully, then laughed softly as she took the flowers, the color change her favorite part, and place them into a tall glass to sit on the table beside the bed, after clearing it of random stuff she'd collected.
    She then pulled up the comfy chair that was at her desk and plopped down; leaning back she put her feet on the bed. with a bit of pride at her work, "Mortal have nothing to creativity or comfort yet. I am glad the surprises along the way didnt deter you. I thought the changing landscape a nice touch. P'luin Dro I do generally keep normal, unless they begin to annoy me," she replied, picking up a small black cub that wandered in, "Oh! I should be a proper host, shouldnt I?" thinking a second, as she scratched the cub behind the ears, "anything you want?"

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I want a Pony! just kidding

Gethane smiles when she takes the flowers, glad that they are to her liking. This was the first time he had seen any of the gods so relaxed or happy. He's startled but touched by her question,
    "That's an interesting question. Is there anything that I want? In theory I can provide myself with whatever I want, with my power. However, you have already given me something that even a god cannot give themselves. So my answer is, thank you. However, I think something to drink would be nice."

Gethane realizes he was over analyzing things, but Zilv would be forgiving. She wasn't the kind to easily be annoyed. Gethane takes off his cloak that he was wearing from earlier, and puts it to the side. "So I have to tell you what happened to me the other night." He says, with a strange giddiness that is..unusual for the god. "I dreamed! I actually slept and dreamed. I don't remember exactly what I dreamed, but it felt like I was watching my past life. I felt...complete while dreaming of my past."

Gethane hopes he doesn't bore the goddess, so he'll try to keep the serious conversation brief. To be frank, he's hoping to just spend a few days unwinding, and if Zilv lets him stay, her realm would be the perfect place.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

New Turn
    From within the Earth's core, strange happenings are felt by all the gods. Somewhere to the West, the gods feel a large disruption in the life forces of the world.

13. - Top - End - #223

After Maia had finally recomposed herself and checked all her Myckets were okay, she pulled out the Map once more to regain her bearings and start off toward the distant city once more. Except... she found another lifeform hovering somewhere nearby that she couldn't see, and the paranoia was starting to agitate her.
    Maybe her Map really was malfunctioning, but Maia couldn't possibly fathom how that would have happened since it only locks onto life signatures.

With a small huff Maia put one foot out in front of the other and continued on her way with a brisk pace, deciding to just stop caring and let the fact she was a goddess keep her paranoia away. After all, it certainly did much to thwart plans when the ambushee pretty much exploded with power or the like.

It took her awhile to centre her mind after all that, and her mind eventually wandered back onto the thoughts of the earth and the city ahead.
    Though speaking of the earth... something felt off again, it was just different this time as before it was uncomfortable, now it was like a minor phantasmal quake that only she could perceive. Or... she'd jostled her brain about too much on the trip down the mountain...
    Then again, once her other senses kicked in, something other than the earth was bothering her and it was a lot closer to home, so-to-speak. Something had happened far away that were distressing her Life-attuned senses.
    Perhaps there were more gods waking up, or perhaps they just finally did something.

Either way it was a bad omen, and Maia suddenly felt the need to go hide in one of the cities made by the gods, so she continued onward with a renewed zeal, now pretty much ignoring anyone or thing pursuing her.
    She'd hide and reinforce herself again, and then she might be able to go back to careless wandering.

The Myckets however didn't seemed to be bothered by anything, and simply waddled after the staff-bearer in a somewhat neat pack, though some of them kept trying to eat the odd anything they happened to walk past.

14. - Top - End - #224

Spoiler
    Show
    ((a pony? for a guy? lol. are you one of the little horse people from the silly game threads? just kiddin

so, anyone wanna do my homework. i just dont have the attention span to do it right now. its only a master level paper, not too bad...))

Zilvtree chuckled, as she continued to pet the cat in her arms. The cat grew fidgety and was ready to scamper around and chase after the invisible butterflies or stalk some invisible mouse. Opening her arm, the cub looked around then hunched and pounce on something it spotted on the slightly cluttered room.
    True…but drinks, that’s it? Ah, well that’s an easy one,” hoping up, and walking to the door, she whistled. The nearest responded by turning to face Zilvtree.
    the silver decanter, two cups, the blue steel bowl on the left and…the latest plate,” sounding cryptic intentionally. But the elvish looking female understood and headed to the kitchen.
    Returning to her seat, she sensed he had more to say, waiting for him, something not easy for her. But he didn’t make her wait long. Eyes violet of curiosity and nodded for him to speak, smiling as he did so with eagerness. The Shadowdancer hadn’t been too unobservant to notice the major changes either in Gethane, and wonder how much the physical change had in his demeanor and personality also.
    The past? As in before our great awakening?” interested, yet not sure why of his fascination with the past. Zilvtree lived in the moment; only time the past would matter is if someone had spurned her. “This is intriguing,” leaning chin on her hand, elbow on the arm of the bowl-shaped fluffy chair, feet bouncing while resting on the bed again.

The elvish female entered then, a large tray in hand with what had been ordered. Zilvtree pointed to the desk. The servant poured two silver goblets of a dark red liquid and handed one to Gethane, and another to Zilvtree. Then she turned back to the plate, piled with pumpkin chocolate-chip cookies and held it out. Her other arm held out a bowl, inside full of dark chocolate pieces, some with a light green swirl of mint, others with a pinkish swirl of raspberry. A few plain ones were in the mix.
    "it was this or coffee," Zilvtree wasting no time in grabbing a few cookies and chocolates to sit on her lap as she sipped her wine. The drink was sweet tartness like a cranberry juice, yet had the bite and strength of a very heavy and strong wine.
    So, what do you remember?” taking a bite of a orange cookie, tossing a piece to the cat who chased after it. Her mind’s wheels began to turn with ideas and thoughts.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((and yes pumpkin chocolate-chip cookies are one of my favorite cookies. after coffee-creamed oreos and mint-creamed oreos.
    and cant forget the chocolate!))

----
    the dothka, confused, just watched, his attention more on the creatures than the shepherdess in a tiff. When the woman headed off again, the dothka was deciding to scramble over and check out the creatures, eyes picking out one twords the back. Maybe his partners would see this as something and it earn him respect. Just as he crawled out from the rocks, the group of creatures were following and would quickly pass. Torn between heading to the city or following, he decided to cockroach-bomb-foot (rock-paper-scissors) with himself to decide. He was in trouble no matter what he did. His right hand fingers up for bomb, his left hand two fingers out for roach, he decided his left hand told him to follow behind. He’s have to stick to the rocks or bushes. Every 5 feet the myckets moved, behind another rock he moved forward in following, trying ever so hard to get close to one in the back of the…herd? and not trip over his own 8 legs.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

"Dying, I remember death. It wasn't a fearful one..but more like a sacrifice. It makes me uneasy, like something..or someone is out there, who can harm us." He sips his wine, and nibbles some cookies. "What worries me more, is that if it can harm us..image what it can do to the mortals! I've given my people the power to defend themselves..but there's no way they could stand against anything divine."

Gethane was indeed changing, becoming one of the most active gods. His foresight was turning into worry, and with it he was becoming more emotional, for better or worse. "However, I think we do still have some time before anything happens. I want to enjoy the peace we have now while we can. So, are pumpkin cookies your favorite?" He asks as he turns to her with a smile, now actually lying on the bed rather than just sitting on the end of it.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

16. - Top - End - #226

Walking places certainly did give one a certain perspective on things, as it felt like it'd take forever to get to the city she'd chosen, even if she ran the whole way it'd hardly compare to soaring through the heavens at godly speeds. But perspectives weren't a bad thing and Maia sort of had all the time in the world, providing the omens didn't herald anything that'd threaten her life, otherwise Maia could wait until the world died of old age -if that was even possible.
    And there was a curious kind of comfort in not using the traveling methods of gods, like she was a lot more grounded and not just physically.

Disregarding all that, walking was kind of necessary unless she invented a kind of transport that would carry thirty-three Myckets as well, as they had little choice but to walk. Though Maia theorized if they were ever able to eat enough birds they might actually grow wings, but somehow flying Myckets sounded absurd as well as a bad idea.
    She just hoped they'd never lose interest in fruit, as something that could devour anything could be worrisome if left unchecked or used maliciously.

For the time being she'd just focus on walking, she'd be free to worry about other things when she safely inside a city.

17. - Top - End - #227

"Your sure not dreaming of your confrontation with the Scorpion correct?" Thinking over the words as she finished the cookie, followed by a sip. If something was more powerful, it'd have to take on more than one of them. So far, none hated each other...yet. Then she thought out how she'd go about it if it were her.
    "If something is this being," not doubting Gethane, but not worried either, "then perhaps we should..." a soft chuckle to the thought of the Shadowdancer really planning something out, "or maybe you can think up some plans and ideas. Or just hunt them down. sounds much more fun. If you are concerned. Truthfully, they would have to risk alot to take any of us down fully and finally," another sip of the drink, finishing it off.
    "plenty of rooms. you are welcome to stay as long as you like," another laugh, "or until the place drives you nuts."
    then the unmistakable disturbance was felt, even here in her own realm. Her face visually went from the relaxed joking to a serious straight pause, her eyes turning maroon then. She stood up setting her empty goblet on the tray.
    ----
    the dothka paused behind a bush, copper eyes peeking thru a small part in the leaves.
    "psst," he tried to get its attention. it didnt seam to notice or understand, or care. he crawled over to the left, head pocking out the side a tiny bit, fingers beckoning the creature over.
    then his clumsiness kicked in, one of his legs got tangled in a root, causing the spider-person hybrid to stumble.

Spoiler
    Show
    (picture a general idea of a dothka)

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Gethane noticed that Zilv turned strangely serious..then he felt it. "Whatever it is, there's no reason for us to wait for it. If you don't mind, I think I'm going to return to the mortal world and make some preparations...just in case." Gethane feels bothered by the fact that even the most energetic and cheerful of the gods could be phased by this problem. We need to stick together. Gethane touches her hand, "Even if it can take down a god, we are no god, we are a pantheon." With that, he throws his cloak around his back, returning to his serious worried self, and walks out the door.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

19. - Top - End - #229

At first it seemed like it was going to be a quiet and uneventful trip -disregarding the shenanigans the Myckets might get up to, so Maia was starting to unwind a little until she heard a scuffle and a rustle of leaves.
    One glance at her map and she discovered her paranoia was not unfounded, as the stalker was still hovering nearby even after moving away.
    In one swift motion, Maia plucked a red fruit from her Treestaff, whipped around and positively flung it straight at the bush her Map and the noise had pretty much pointed to.

"Who are you and why are you following me?" Maia called out to the bush, folding her arms and staring expectantly. Most of the Myckets had likewise looked to see where not just Maia was looking but where the fruit had gone, and about nine of them immediately charged off toward the bush madly hunting for the fruit.

20. - Top - End - #230

Vordia admired her ring for a while, but was torn away from it when she sensed something in the far wast, something altering the flow of life over there. Whatever it was, it certainly was powerful, and she knew Aldarin as well as all the other gods she had encountered thus far would have also felt it.

"What do you think that was?" She asked, peering off into the distance in the direction the disturbance came from. She looked back at Aldarin, an unusual look of caution on her face. "I certainly want to check it out, but I feel rather... unprotected without something to fight with. Would you perhaps be willing to help make another item with me? I'd be more than happy to repay the favour and lend my own abilities and domains for an item of your own use."

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Minor Act - Bless population: Astra
    1 Minor Act - Magic skill improvement: Aeromancy

((I may be off talking with other gods, but Vordia is always thinking of her people and will take any spare moment to help them))
    Last edited by slithas; 2012-04-02 at 11:02 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231

Zilvtree acknowledge with a nod, watching as he left. She had been more concerned over the fact she felt it here in the realm. No one entered without her servants knowing. She pondered it for a bit, popping another bite of chocolate.
    Pulling from the darkness she concentrated, letting it fill her with its magic. Zilvtree drifted around Lith My'athar till she came to the gym. a large room, half empty in the center with a weapons rack and three dummies. the other half held a padded floor, a beam 6 foot of the ground, multiple sized ledges all around, and anything that could be thought of for practicing and honing in on skills.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((starting- 4 major, 6 minor, 3 ceremonies.
    up domain rank: shadow 5. ))

----
    the dothka knew he had been caught, more so when assaulting fruit came his way, with some of the beings he was interested in. he was a bit scared, not sure what to do now. back up on his feets, he tried to scramble backwards. "you lied to me," he whispered to himself, looking to his hand that told him to do this earlier.

"hi?" he said in his strange tongue, his grasp of hers not as good, but he got the message. he remained behind the bush for cover, even if it wasnt much. pointing to himself, "dothka" then he reached out to touch the creature that was closest, trying to ease clawed hands so as to not scratch.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((how big are these? i imagine emu size visually, but i cant recall))
    Last edited by Zarae; 2012-04-02 at 02:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232

Upon closer examination, Maia's imperiousness faded to one of curiosity, as her eyes fell upon a creature she'd never seen before and he didn't carry that predatory aura of something intending harm.
    Instead, Maia just resolved to moving a little closer to look at him, as the creature was still half-obscured by the bushes. More interesting still was the fact he was speaking strangely, and in a broken way so Maia suspected there was a language barrier.

Some of the Myckets were staring up at 'Dothka' expectantly while others grazed about around him as though searching for something on the ground, the one he was reaching for trying licking the extended appendage with an enormous tongue.

"Hmm..." Maia pondered aloud, standing at ease for a moment before pointing to herself, "Maia."

It seemed silly there would be a language barrier when a god was involved, and Maia wanted to ask him some questions but she couldn't figure out how to translate them into gestures. She was a goddess of life, so it seemed kind of strange she wouldn't be able to communicate with another lifeform, so tried something a little less normal and tried to tune into the lifeforce of this 'Dothka'.
    To Maia, there was like a kind of pattern to things and if she could just listen hard enough, she could sort of hear someone's heart or essence rather than what the air carried to her. And that was what she did to kind of listen to what the Dothka wanted to say without him actually having to say it, and perhaps cause the link to go both ways.
    It was a strange kind of communication via refined empathy; words were hard to transmit but they'd naturally formulate themselves according to the feelings.

"What are you... doing here?" Maia attempted again, this time the Dothka would get a more acute sense of what Maia wanted to know, even though the words themselves meant little, it was how they were spoken.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Major Act: Up a Domain: Life Rank 5

Myckets are two foot tall pudgy round balls with stumpy legs and enormous mouths, and they're very squishy, they haven't got any bones.

23. - Top - End - #233

Just as he reached for the being, it slobbered on him. It started him slightly thinking it was about to eat, but when nothing followed in the next couple of seconds, he relaxed.
    He smiled to the shepherdess who identified herself as a Maia, or was that her name? it didnt matter in differances that much. that was what she would be to him. He crawled out further from the bush, a bit more confident, and poked 'the licker'. (a check it out kinda thing)

The servant/spy of the Shadowdancer did feel magic from the woman as it reached out, Maia feeling some magic energy in the dothka that was very unlike her own.
    pointing to Maia, "The mistress keeps neat things," he replied in the way she understood, poking the mycket gently again. "My mistress not have lickers. I see licker run down mountain after mistress," pointing to Maia again to differentiate, "I check licker out," giving a simple grin with simple logic that was conveyed by what seamed a child-like mind.
    then he reach out to pick up the ball of fleshy material on legs and examine it.

Spoiler
    Show
    for some reason i had a bird image. like the snipe off the pixar movie: Up.

yes, he's not the brightest, but it was intention. how unassuming he is for a spy?
    Last edited by Zarae; 2012-04-03 at 02:01 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Gethane sighed as he entered the material world again. I'm getting too busy. Still, its time to go. Gethane reached into the ground and covered his arms in a new Silver/Iron alloy. Then, he rallied the troops. To each of the gods, or their priests if they weren't in the material world, he sent the same message, We all felt the same disturbance, did we not? We have no need to be afraid of something so far off. However, we need to prepare for whatever it is. I am planning on going to scout out whatever this thing is. If you wish to come as well, for the sake of your people, meet me in Kyrin.

Gethane takes the Gravitas and surrounds it with stone on his chest to form armor. The Artifact is still touching him, so he can use it, but it also allows him to keep his hands free for combat. He walks to Kyrin, and waits.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay, my internet provider was stupid for the last 24 hours.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

25. - Top - End - #235

Maia smiled at the Dothka's response, a little tickled at seeing such innocent curiosity at the waddling curiosities that were the Myckets, as Maia had to agree they were far from normal. Though the way he indicated the Myckets after being licked reminded Maia of when the exact same thing and conclusion had happened to her.
    Licker was a pretty accurate name, but Maia had felt they needed more identity than that as she didn't know to what extent the little creatures might evolve to.

With a bit of laugh, Maia squatted beside one of her Myckets and patted it on the head.
    "Mycket," Maia said clearly, indicating the creature under her hand.

The Mycket Dothka had picked up squeaked a little in surprise, waggling its stumpy legs around as though in protest for awhile, before making what could only be taken as a huff as it resolved to waiting to be put back down.

"Where did you come from? Does your mistress know where you are? And who is your mistress anyway?" Maia asked a little awkwardly as questions kept popping out at her and gluing themselves onto the end of her sentences.
    She had meant to keep things simple rather than barraging her new acquaintance with questions, as she didn't really want to give the wrong first impression.

26. - Top - End - #236

he examined the creature, despite its wiggling in his hands, then eventually set the now identifies mycket back.
    "come from?" he thought about it, actually he didnt really think about origins. he just knew he existed one day. he scratched his head, messy goldish hair in the way as he tried to think of an answer, "The Lady. She's mistress," not knowing that there were other deities yet. His face then got a bit worried, realizing how late he had been to arrive, "oh, Zeb's second not happy with me now," shaking his head with some concern. then looked back to Maia and to a mycket, almost as if forgetting the last statement, "where you from?"
    Last edited by Zarae; 2012-04-07 at 01:00 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237

Aldarin felt a great disturbance, as if a thousand voices cried out the symphony that was life had somehow been disturbed. Something was stirring, and it was not something pleasant. Aldarin turned his attention from the disturbance as Vordia spoke. He thought about what she said for a short while and he felt the same, he could no longer trust that his power as a god alone would be enough in the coming storm. I agree, I too feel the need for increased protection. I have an idea for you, a weapon with a beauty befitting you.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

True, Gethane was patient. However, he did not want to do nothing while he waited for any assistance. So, he played with the gravity in the area, watching as stones went up and down. Eventually, he had changed the gravity enough that the rate of time was different.

With his arm, he reached out and created a ripple in time. For a single moment, Time itself stopped. Of course, Gethane didn't have a use for the extra time, but it was still interesting.
    Spoiler
    Show

1 Major action to add Time to my Domains
    Last edited by Madara; 2012-04-05 at 01:42 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blood~

29. - Top - End - #239

6 on 1.
    In came the dark elven woman in a furious whirl, blades dipping and diving, slicing at every angle. She flipped easily out of the way, the larger blade coming in low for her legs, then rolled into a dive as another blade went for her head. Spinning around, blade crashed with blade in a blocking parry, then kicking out behind her to one sneaking in on her left flank. Boot connected with shin, causing them stumble back. Enough time for her to flip backwards up over a fourth moving into position. She responded in an indistinguishable blur. Whirling blades crossed in a defensive parry from both.
    all involved twirled and slashed, danced and thrust. They had quick movements, but she had swifter delivery, jumping back to avoid a slash and thrust on the right. With a flick of the wrist, she knocked aside one of the swords just enough for her to slide in twisting around and lead the blade into an opening. Forced to react again, she knocked another blade aside and then spun around, their blade missing by inches and striking air.
    With a mischievous grin, she dropped into a roll, at the same time dropping a blade long enough to launch the lethal metal disk. She came up on the roll grabbing the sword as she did to parry a cut coming for her head. The chakram reflected off multiple surfaces, the servants barely moving in time, one receiving a rather nasty gash on its arm, before she caught Disk of Night.

Zilvtree had a rather good workout using some of her servants to practice with, while simultaneously teaching them her style of fight (think an acrobatic rogue style martial arts mix), using her natural dexterity, agility, and flexibility to move around, find weakness in the training opponent. She even 'demonstrated' stealth attacks with dodging blows and high maneuverability that an enemy would never see coming. to challenge herself she had threw in another sword (two weapon fighting and defense) showing an amazing balance of control between the two hands.

eventually she released her sore servants, healing any serious wounds left by the training. as she walked down the hall back twords her personal chambers, she noticed a scratch from one of the blades, chuckling and proud one had gotten that close.
    "personal message," the male replied walking up to Zilvtree and bowing before her in respect. he continued when she nodded for him to do so.
    "I figured it coming," she replied off-handedly, waving the male off before heading to her room. she changed quickly after a good wash-up, dressed in light leather armor. She considered tossing the two sais to the side, then went ahead and sheathed them in her boots. Cloak around her shoulder, hood up, she left Lith My'athar and headed twords V'dri.

Spoiler
    Show
    add ability- Mightiest Athlete.
    left: 2 major
    Last edited by Zarae; 2012-04-07 at 02:56 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Post Re: The New Age

Kelvor opened his eyes and looked upon a new world. As he stared from beyond reality he felt a second presence awaken. The beast within rose and stared upon this new hunting ground with hungry eyes. Marshalling his substantial will, Kelvor forced the beast down inside himself. Once he was sure he was in control, he stepped into being as a talll man with golden eyes and long brown hair. Opening his mortal eyes he breathed in the new reality and smelled the presence of Divinity. The beast stirred with the scent of flesh and attempted to rise again, but failed. He looked around and saw that he was standing in the middle of a human village. These people aren't safe from what lies within me, I need a people who can be forever safe from The Beast. with that, he took a portion of his dual essence and imbued it into the few hundred that were around. He gave them the ability to become stronger than any mortal yet and and become one with natures most succesful preadator, the wolf.

As they changed they grew claws permanantly and thin but noticeable hair grew all over them. "Well there not pretty, but they work." he said with a smile. Then The Beast manifested in them and a terrible bloodlust overtook them, some lost control and immediately set upon their bretheren. In a panic, he made a valley to contain the ferals. "It seems that you found a way to kill after all." he said aloud, shaking his head sadly.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 major to create the Touched. A werewolf race who look beastly, but have their minds still and must constantly fight for control. 1 major to create Feral race. When the Touched lose control the become Feral and lose their minds forever. 1 minor to create a valley to trap these Ferals.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke