New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default IC Vampire:TM-Chicago-Downtown

And this is officially the IC thread just for you guys. Sorry about the delay.

The Prince's Study

As you follow the hallway you come to a set of large double doors, which have been left open. The lights appear to be off, but there is a large screen of monitors on the far side of the room, and their light illuminates the room slightly.
    Spoiler
    Show

In front of the monitors is someone in a fancy leather swivel chair, studying these monitors. The monitors are constantly changing, and you find yourself having trouble following. However you think you see security images of the party several times, which is odd because you never saw any security camera's. You also notice two monitors seem to displaying stock information, and three seem to be flipping through news channels.

Once your eyes adjust to the light a bit, you can make out a large room. On one side is a long business table, with more than enough chairs for you. On the otherside is a large fancy looking wooden desk, and three very large book shelves.

The man in the chair fails to respond to your entry.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: IC Vampire:TM-Chicago-Downtown

Joey enters the room and smiles, I guess you Camarilla can have some class.
    Amazing avatar by Smuchmuch

“The only place in the world that nothing has to be explained to me is the South.”–Woodrow Wilson

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Still not turning, the man pulls up three screens on the left side that immediately take your notice. Two of them your most popular corners for sales, the other your headquarters. Still not turning, he says "Thank you, that means a lot to me coming from a petty drug dealer."

4. - Top - End - #4

Sarcasm, my good sir, sarcasm. Joey strolls over to the man and takes a seat near him. So you're familiar with my work?, he smiles and pulls out his small box of cigarillos, Wanna smoke?

“The only place in the world that nothing has to be explained to me is the South.”–Woodrow Wilson

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

As you have suspected, the man in the chair is the prince. He is dressed quite formally for the party that he doesn't really appear to be attending. Your comment peaks his interest, and he turns towards you with an eyebrow raised. "An interesting notion. I have some fine cigars, may I counter offer you with one of those instead?"

6. - Top - End - #6

That sounds marvelous. He puts the box back in his jacket pocket and crosses his legs. Nothing seals a deal like a good smoke.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Jace watches the exchange with curiousity. He looks at the monitors. It was a nice set up. Only showed what was on the surface, but then again most of the time that was good enough. Most of the time.

It's times like these that it seems like he should say something catchy or profound, make an impact somehow. However, that was for others, like the "petty drug dealer". Wait... is that what he meant when he said to spice up the drink? Damn, Jace had thought he had some extra blood on the side, something with a little kick. Blood was not created equal after all.

Jace stood there, taking in the scene before him and nothing else.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Walking over to the desk, he removes a small cigar box from the second drawer on the right. After returning he offers a Cigar to Joey, and then to Jace. After pulling out a vintage looking gold and silver zippo, he lights the cigars and quickly puts it out. Something about how the fire reflects in his cold blue eyes... is a little frightening.

"Interesting isn't it. You prefer to smoke, but the irony is that your lungs are long dead, just like mine. We don't need to breath. So tell me, do you utilize our powerful blood to make your organs work for the night every time you want to smoke? Or do you simply push the air with your mouth and cheeks? Faking the appearance of a habit you no longer need. One is certainly more costly than the other, but it comes down to how authentic you decide to be. Well, how authentic are you?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Jace took a deep, deep breath of the smoke. He let the smoke linger in his lungs, it tickled a little bit as he didn't bother to push it back out. The smoke rolled out slowly as he responded, knowing that the Prince's question was for both of them. "I'm not really in a position to be authentic with my appearance. I have to settle for keeping it here." He pointed in the direction of his own dead heart.

10. - Top - End - #10

Joey takes the cigar and pauses, glancing between his black bic lighter and the prince's prestigious zippo, before shamelessly (but perhaps enviously) lighting up. He takes a few puffs and gives the prince a sly grin. "Cigars are not meant to be inhaled, It makes them burn hot which causes a very foul flavor. ", he says, watching the smoke fill the air.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

He smiles at Jace's comment. "Indeed you don't, indeed you don't. I'm sure it's on your mind Jace, I'm surprised you didn't ask myself or William. You're wondering why I have a bunch of Nosferatu waiters. The answer is simple. They waiters are not kindred at all. Ghouls in makeup actually. Whenever I have your clan over, I need to make sure people don't over react to them. You see, not everyone at this party knows about the masquerade." He smiles bigger at that thought. "So having a bunch of waiters dressed with a gimmick makes people assume you're in on it. Your kind gets left alone, and the simpletons don't think much of it. It works out nicely."

Turning to Joey, he attempts to shake your hand. "Perhaps I misjudged you a tad. My apologies. A man who understands how to enjoy a fine cigar must have some class. But what of your cigarillos? Do you fake inhale and just puff, or do you actually use the blood and inhale?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

"It's quite the show for such a little thing." He said it as if being hideous was no big deal. Truthfully he understood though. It was a truly cruel world that there were such prejudices amongst the dead, perhaps more so. Then again, he was born a middle class, white, Christian male. Guess it was his turn on the wheel of fate.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I carried these all the way to listen to a discussion about smoking?" Edward groans as he puts his burden on the floor.
    Then he nods a small courtesy nod
    "My prince." and smiles to the Nosferatu
    check out my metal band: http://www.facebook.com/Dreamslain

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

14. - Top - End - #14

Joey's smile fades, and he meets the prince's eyes. "A cigarillo is simply a small cigar. Look ,I can discuss tobacco all night long, but I believe you had something to discuss with me?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

"There was a point to my question, but I suppose I will make it another time. I am waiting for William to return and then we shall get to business. It appears some idiot Brujah frenzied on the dance floor, so he should only be a few minutes at most."

Turning and motioning to the two people Edward just put on the floor " In the meantime, these two people are my present to the Three of you. They should have enough Blood in them to fill you three up. Their minds have them in a constant replay of their time in Paris, so they don't even know you're here."
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-06-14 at 07:03 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Yes, those Brujah can be quite . . . Savage. Though, I see how they're an asset. Joey laughs and takes a long puff on the cigar. And, as for your question, if I were to smoke a cigarette, or inhale a cigarillo, I would probably just fake it. More addicted to the ritual of it, you know what I mean? Is that answer satisfactory?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Jace looked down at the two people reliving their date. He was thirsty, or was he hungry? Hell, it was all the same now. Still... two kine and three kindred... the math wasn't going to a place he liked.

"What are their names?" Jace removed the cigar from his lips, breathed out the remaining smoke and put the fire out on the ash tray. He still held onto the cigar, but he wasn't interested in smoking any more.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"What does it matter? If you really care, ask William when he gets here. He usually knows small details like that..." He says, once more puffing on his cigar.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-06-15 at 01:20 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

"I told you Alex. I keep my humanity in the heart." He looked at the two of them, lost in their conversation. "Wouldn't be very decent of me to stop them in the middle of their date, especially not in Paris." He gave a wry smile, that twisted one whole side of his face.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

"Very well... More for Edward and Joseph..."
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-06-15 at 10:40 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Joey frowns, Unless their blood has a little kick to it, I won't be feeding on them.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"So, what does it make me? The waiter?" Edward frowns "
    "In that case, I will keep them for later. It will be more suitable for the servants to eat away from the masters table..." he continues sardonically

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"The worms could easily be made to take anything you prefer in their system Mr. Millner. But that's your decision, if you all prefer not to eat, please sit down so we can begin." William says, walking in as if he's been there the whole time. He shuts the doors behind him, and sits at one end of the table. The prince sits at the other end.

"My apologies for the delay, one of the Cardosa brothers went into a frenzy infront of everyone. What a mess."

24. - Top - End - #24

Joey hesitates before producing the white bag from earlier and handing it one of the humans. You've convinced me, William, I believe I shall have a snack before our little meeting.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

William proceeds to ask you which meal you would prefer, and how that 'spice' is administered. Once you tell him, he stares at the two concentrating for a moment, and then said victim cooperates fully with what you want.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Classy..." Edward smirks. "It's like the difference between charging a deer with a knife, and walking into the barn and doing a sheep"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, because you of all people are expert on what has class. Why don't you just sit down edward." The prince says coldly, motioning at a chair away from him.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-06-18 at 05:01 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    For reasons I don't know, it doesn't recognize my last post as recent, so I am posting this

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Very well..." Edward says as he sits down

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Jace said nothing, sitting down and waiting. He had already used up all his courage on denying feeding off the couple. It wasn't the feeding itself, but all three kindred feeding would have killed one or both of them. It would have been too much.

Hoping he wasn't going to be asked to do anything worse, Jace waited, thinking he needed to down a half dozen of the drinks on his way out. At least then he could pretend that it came from a magic blood tree. Maybe that's why people ate hamburgers. Maybe he could start a chain restaurant that made blood look as little like the substance from people as he could. He almost smiled at the absurdity of it.