New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Dragon Age RPG: Heroes of Fereldan

DM: The small village of Ryott farmers known as Sothmere. Usually villages like this are pretty quiet, but not today. Today is a day for celebration! The wood fort known as “Fort Sothmere” is being replaced by a stone fort to help protect the Ryott fields from Chasnid Stalkers and other threats. This is a great thing for the small community as it is now expected to thrive and grow at a rapid pace. Because of this fantastic news, they have dubbed the next 3 days “The Groudbreaking Festival!” Visitors and entertainers have come from all over the region and pitched tents that now line the outskirts of Sothmere.

In spite of the grey sky having poured forth a constant, cold drizzle since morning. Most of the villagers seem no worse for wear as they visit the fields covered with booths filled with various forms of entertainment. There are booths serving all sorts of various food and Ryott ales. Other booths include Archery contests, Knife throwing, Dueling with practice swords, wrestling and of course the ever popular Darkspawn smite.

???: “Alright, see ya Aunt Edlyn!” a man says as he waves goodbye as he steps out the door.

The man stands at just over 6 feet tall and looks well built. He has short black hair and has a patch of facial hair on his chin. He is wearing brown leather armor and also has various weapons on him. He has a Bastard sword sheathed on his right side, a bow and shield on his back and a dagger on his right pant leg.

“Well this is disappointing.” The man mutters to himself as he looks down to see that he stepped in some horse plop. He begins to attempt to rub his boots clean on the front door step as he looks around and notices Sothmere bustling with activity. “Hmm, wonder if Fiala has made her way to the Archery booth yet.” After the man does his best at getting his boot clean he heads towards the festival booths in the fields.

When arriving he looks around and notice Fiala is at the Archery stand. Fiala glances towards the man and says “Are you just going to stand there like an idiot Will or are you going shoot some targets?” Will smiles and walks up to the archery stand. Will pulls out his bow with a smirk and says “And what do I get if I win?” Fiala laughs and responds “Why talk about things that won't happen? But when I win you can fetch me an Ale.” Will laughs and flexes his bow string in preparation.

“Alright it looks like we have a contest!” said the man running the stand. The man then began to explain “You have 3 shots and whoever scores the highest wins. Bullseye is 30 points, the red ring around that is worth 15. Blue around that is 10. Edge ring of target is worth 5 and if you hit the hay target is on you get 1 point. Now fire when ready!” Will and Fiala exchange glances, pick up their bows and fire their first shot!
    Last edited by shaken_bacon; 2013-03-22 at 05:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Dragon Age RPG: Heroes of Fereldan

The cold rain continues to fall, water drops quickly run off the top of Adare's shiny bald head as he tips it back to finish the little bit of Ale left in his mug.
    This rain reminds me of home, even if these townsfolk are as dumb as fenceposts" Adare muttered to himself as he sat his mug down and made his way through the crowds, past the many booths, most of which did nothing but annoying him. "Archery" He scoffed "Nothing like killing someone without being able to watch the life fade from there eyes." Adare shook his head as he continued onward. There was only one booth he was looking for, after traveling for almost a week and a half from the Frostback Mountians Adare was in need of blowing off some steal, and there would be nothing better that a swordfight. Mind you not being able to kill them afterwards was a bit of a downer but it would have to do for the time being.

Once Adare reached the Swordfighting booth he quickly pushed his way to the front of the line. It wasn't difficult he easily towered over almost everyone in this town of farmers and hicks. Quietly he steped over the fence that servered as a boundry for the mock fighters only to look accrossed the field to see two young men of identical looks most likely brothers, possibly even twins bickering back and forth about who would compete next.

Adare cleared his throat loudly as he reached down and picked up the woden sword from the ground. Althought you could almost call it a twig when compared to Adare's giant 6'4" frame. "Come at me, both of you!"

3. - Top - End - #3

RogueGuy

DM: One of the two men look at Adare and says “What did you say you big Oaf? You think you can take the both of us in a duel? I'd say you are either brave or drunk, but considering I can smell the ale on you from here I'd guess the later. Alright, lets do this!” The two men rush Adare with wood swords in hand.

4. - Top - End - #4

AssassinGuy

A large smile slowly creeps accrossed Adare's face as he takes in the rain for another moment before directing his attention to the men foolishly charging him. Quickly steping to the side, almost as if he weighted nothing near the 245pounds that he did he dodges the first man before raising his sword paralel to the back of the mans head and swinging with enough force to knock him out, as much as he wanted to kill the man, and night in a cell did not sound nearly as enticing as another Ale. The town might be full of farmers but they made a damn good ale.

5. - Top - End - #5

RogueGuy

DM: Adare hits the man and knocking him flat on his chest.

The other man turns and swings his sword to hit Adare and succeeds but does so with little force.
    Last edited by shaken_bacon; 2013-03-19 at 04:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by shaken_bacon View Post
    Adare hits the man and knocking him flat on his chest.

The other man turns and swings his sword to hit Adare and succeeds but does so with little force.
    "What kind of swing was that?!" Adare questioned. "I'v had raindrops that hurt more. Let me show you true strength."Adare quickly locked eyes with the man before shifting the wooden blade into his left hand in an attemp to drive the hilt of the weapon into his opponents gut.

7. - Top - End - #7

RogueGuy

DM: Adare hits the man and the man crumples to the ground holding his stomach.

Will: Will shoots and hits the bulls eye. Will was about to start to smile, but than Fiala's shot does the same. Fiala turns to Will and says “Hmph, I doubt you can do it again. One shot it nothing but luck!” Will grabs another arrow takes aim and lets it fly. “Bullseye!” Will shouts. “Wow, that actually isn't too bad Will... Now watch this!” Fiala pulls out her arrow and lets it fly right on the bullseye. Before Will had time to say anything she already had another arrow pulled back. She shoots and gets another bullseye. “Ha ha, now what are you going to do? I suppose if you managed to tie me I'd go get an Ale with you.”

“Alright, just one more bullseye to go.” Will mumbles to himself. Will grabs and arrow out and begins to pull back his bow... He lets the arrow fly... It lands about 3 yards short of the whole target. “Damn it!” Will yells slamming down his bow. “You never could handle pressure could ya Will?” Fiala mocks. “I guess I owe you an ale...” Will said with a tone of anger. “Oh, come on now don't fret.” Fiala says. “Hey what's going on over there?!” states the man who runs the archery stand.

The man points to the sword dueling area. There appears to be a large man challenging two young farmers. “The Ale will have to wait a minute, I need to see what this is about.” Will explains on the run. While Will begins to make his way over he sees the large man absolutely nail one of the villagers in back of the head with his sword. Will runs even quicker towards the arena as the second man falls to the ground. Will now on the field and yells at the strange man “That's enough! You've proven you an handle some naïve farmers you proud of yourself?”
    Last edited by shaken_bacon; 2013-03-19 at 04:55 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

AssassinGuy

"Everyone has there place in the world. Some people just need help being put in theres" Adare replyed without even looking to the man who questioned his fight. "This is a practice arena, nothing more, nothing less. This was only a way to prove that the boys you see laying in the mud should spend more time practicing and less time gabing.Adare droped the training sword letting it fall into the mud.

"You ask me if i take pride in something as simple as this? The anwser will always be yes. I take pride in beating anyone that steps infront of me. If i didn't, not only would it be an insult to my familys name. But an insult to the men i defeat. The only thing in this world worse than being defeated is to be defeated by a man who does not conduct himself with pride.

9. - Top - End - #9

RogueGuy

Will: “I don't think I'll understand how you take pride in beating a weaker opponent, but if there isn't going to be any additional trouble here I suppose we have no quarrel.” Will says while lifting one of the men of the muddied ground. "If you'll excuse me I have business to attend to." Will turns to walk away.
    Last edited by shaken_bacon; 2013-03-19 at 07:07 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

AssassinGuy

"No trouble at all, simply competing like everyone else." Adare replyed sarcasticly as he brushed by the man.

"Now if you don't mind the Pubs Ale is calling me." And without another word Adare made his way threw the crowds again towards the Pub, where he could drink away the rest of the day.

11. - Top - End - #11

RogueGuy

Will: Will shakes his head as the man walks by him. Will helped the two men get up and made sure they were alright. He then thought to himself 'Speaking of ale, I guess its time I get Fiala that ale.' Will said his goodbyes to the men and walked to the nearest booth and waits in line to get a couple of ale.

DM: “You there! Please you must help us!” A strange looking elvish man on a stage calls to Adare. There is a crowd all around the stage and they all are looking at Adare waiting for his response.

12. - Top - End - #12

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by shaken_bacon View Post
    DM: “You there! Please you must help us!” A strange looking elvish man on a stage calls to Adare. There is a crowd all around the stage and they all are looking at Adare waiting for his response.
    "Hump" Adare grunted as he turned to the man calling for his aid. "I'll help you because im in a good mood, but it'll cost you."
    Last edited by wentz22; 2013-03-20 at 01:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

RogueGuy

DM: The strange elvish man jumps off the stage and puts his arm around Adare. "Come now, you wouldn't want to let Olek part with his little gold would you? All I need you to do is stand on stage for one minute." Olek says loudly for all the crowd to hear. "Now let us give some applause for our new volunteer!" Olek says as the crowd begins to clap and cheer. "Don't worry there is no real danger." Olek whispers to Adare during the applause.

An elvish women in exotic dress is also standing on the stage clapping for the new volunteer.

Will: "This ale is sure taking awhile." Will mumbles to himself.

14. - Top - End - #14

AssassinGuy

Adare hesitates a moment, holding his ground as the elvin man tries to pull him along. Quickly he examines the booth he is being pulled towards. "If this tiny elf plans to make a fool of me for the benifit of the crowd he will be sorly mistaken when i break his neck" Adare thinks to himself as he continues to take in the suroundings.

15. - Top - End - #15

RogueGuy

DM: When Adare looks at the stage he first notices the elvish women. She is very beautiful and young looking. Despite the difference in beauty between her and Olek you can see a bit of resemblance.

On the stage itself you see your basic flat wooden stage, but you notice a thin white line painted on the far end. You also notice what seems to be a top of a lute sitting just behind the stage, perhaps for a separate act.

Olek: "Come on now don't be shy." he exclaims to Adare.

16. - Top - End - #16

AssassinGuy

"Fine, but i suggest you inform your lovely sister that i prefer my ale dark and cold. Atleast thats how she can deliver it to me when we are done here.

17. - Top - End - #17

RogueGuy

DM: Olek leads Adare onto the stage and direct him to "stand there please." Olek then addresses the crowd. "Now what you see here may appear dangerous, but don't worry I'm a professional!" Olek than quickly pulls out a dagger and begins to walk to one end of the stage. The crowd starts to cheer slightly.

The women comes over to Adare with an apple and says: "I'm going to put this on your head, but no worries you're not in any real danger." She begins to reach out in attempt to put the apple on Adare's head.

While the elvish women is talking to Adare; Olek falls down on stage when the dagger he was holding goes straight up in the air and lands inches away from his face. Olek quickly gets up and shouts "I'm ALRIGHT!"

The crowd erupts with laughter.
    Last edited by shaken_bacon; 2013-03-20 at 04:17 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

RogueGuy

Will: "Ah, finally some good ale!" Will says in relieve. "Now back to the archery stand to get these ales to Fiala!" Will thinks to himself. Just as Will turns around a large man begins to fall infront of him!

DM: The man crashes right on top of Will knocking the Ale everywhere.

The large man rolls off Will saying "Sorrry, I'm so" *hiccup* "sorry."

Will: Will rolls over to see it is Bogdan the blacksmith. "Damn it Bogdan have you put on weight?" Bogdan chuckles slightly and says "Ya know blacksmitin keeps ya strong! If only Magda could see me now!" Will replies "I'm pretty sure she would said: 'Who is that old drunk falling over and knocking drinks out of peoples hands!' Besides Bogdan you have your own wife you should be thinking about."

Bogdan sighs. "I supposed yar right." *hiccup* "Now I guess I should get ya another ale." Will stands up and responds "Alesss Bogdan. I had two in my hand." Will reaches out and helps Bogdan off the ground.
    Last edited by shaken_bacon; 2013-03-20 at 04:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

AssassinGuy

"Alright, hurry up you clutz, the ale booth is closing soon.After having to bend down so the elven women could place the apple on his head he promptly returned to his upright position awaiting Olek to continue.

20. - Top - End - #20

RogueGuy

"Patience my friend, patience. We all want to get to our ale. Heck I just finished up my 7th glass before I got up here!" Olek says while stumbling around the stage. The crowd giggles. Olek steps to the other end of the stage knife in hand. "Alright, stand very still as I'm a professional." Olek states to Adare. Olek takes his hand back and attempts to throw the knife. The knife falls directly behind Olek as Olek starts to clumsily look around. The crowd is laughing and a few people in the crowd yell "It's behind you!" Olek turns and tosses his shoulders up in the air as if to shrug off dropping the knife. Olek picks the knife back up.

Olek gets back in position and lines up his throw. This time he ends up throwing it straight down hitting his foot and begins to jump up and down on his foot while holding his other foot with a knife threw his boot. "OUCHY, OUCHY, OUCHY!" Olek shouts. The crowd goes silent and gasps. Olek takes off his boot quickly with the knife still in it than shows his foot to the crowd. It's completely fine. The crowd gives a loud cheer and applauds Olek. Olek takes center stage and bows. "Thank you thank you, now give a hand for our volunteer!" Olek says to the crowd. The crowd continues to clap. "Come over here sir and take a bow!" Olek says to Adare while waving him over.

21. - Top - End - #21

AssassinGuy

Adare, obviously frustrated turned away from Olek grabing the apple off his head and taking a large bite of it before droping it to the stage. I'll be charging my next ale to you." he yells back as he works his way through the crowd.

22. - Top - End - #22

RogueGuy

DM: The crowd boos Adare as he walked off the stage.

Will: Will once again has got his ale. He told Bogdan goodbye as he walks back to the Archery booth. Now finally he'll be able to give Fiala her well deserved and long waited ale. Upon arrival Will sees Fiala competing against a new batch of people. "I wonder if they will have to buy her ale as well." Will thinks to himself.
    Last edited by shaken_bacon; 2013-03-21 at 02:52 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

AssassinGuy

While continuing to wonder around the town with his ale in hand Adare catches a glimpse of what seems to be an achery booth. "I wonder if the man who interupted me at the dueling ring is over there, i seem to remember he carried a bow slung over his shoulder.

Adare scans the crowd looking for the man who so rudely interupted him. If he's there perhaps i should rain on his parade like he did to me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Adare Perception Test Looking For Man
    (3D6) [2] [4] [1] (7) Booo

24. - Top - End - #24

RogueGuy

DM: Adare spots the man standing next to the booth.

Will: "Hey Fiala look what I brought!" Will says proudly to Fiala. Fiala turns his way and sarcastically says "My gallant knight has arrived!"
    Last edited by shaken_bacon; 2013-03-21 at 03:59 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

AssassinGuy

Adare pushes his way threw the crowd before getting within shouting distance of the man.

Is that bow you keep slung over you should a fashion accessory or can you actually shoot?"

26. - Top - End - #26

RogueGuy

Will turns and sees the man from before. Will shouts back "Why don't you come over here and find out." Will takes a swig of his ale.

27. - Top - End - #27

AssassinGuy

The entire booths attention now seemed focused on Adare and this man as he made his way closer. "Alright, you've seen my work in the ring lets see yours. I managed to defeat two men with two swings of those toy swords. Adare finished what was left of his ale before he continued. "But i guess that one guy did kind of hit me so thats three swings all together. So lets see you nail two bullseyes in three shots."

28. - Top - End - #28

RogueGuy

Will: "Oh you're not going to partake?" Will mocks. "Where is the fun in that sort of challenge?" Will asks.

29. - Top - End - #29

AssassinGuy

"I shouldn't seeing as how you didn't jump into the dueling arena when you interupted me but it seems this whole event is about putting on a show. So once i beat you at this ill drag you to the duelinga arena and beat you there too. Adare reaches for a bow. "After you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolls for my 3 shots.
    (3D6) [6] [6] [4] (16)
    (3D60 [3] [2] [2] (7)
    (3D6) [6] [3] [4] (13)

30. - Top - End - #30

RogueGuy

Will: "Alright this should be fun." Will finishes his ale and grabs his bow off his back. Will takes aim and fires his first shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking my first shot:

Roll3d6 (4)(3)(6) + 1 Dex + 2 for aiming (Talent) = 16

DM: Will's first shot hits the bullseye.

Will: "Alright, match that." Will says to Adare.

DM: Adare's shots:

Spoiler
    Show

First shot: Inner ring next to bullseye (15 points)
    Second shot: Miss everything
    Third: Blue edge around the target. (10 points)
    Last edited by shaken_bacon; 2013-03-21 at 05:49 PM.