Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 440
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    "Yes sir!" Kaylee gives you a brave salute after your heartfelt speech. When you go to hug her, she doesn't just hug you back, she glomps onto you like a limpet. "I'll fight as hard as I can. I promise!" She's trying very hard to be brave and not cry, but her grin is so wide her face might split open. This must be the definition of what "mixed emotions" looks like.

    She glances up and gives you a puzzled look when you mention that 'plans are brewing.' "Really? What do you mean?" From her tone, it's clear she's used to talking and hearing about treatments like the chemotherapy that cost her her hair, harsh methods that eradicate the cancer but weaken the rest of the body as well. "Like a-a real cure? Where it won't come back?" This is obviously something she hasn't dared consider for a long time.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    As Sharkguard hugs Kaylee, he thinks back to his adopted daughter Alyssa and wondered of the similarities and differences the two girls had. Like with Alyssa, the shark-man was very careful when it came to contact such as this. He didn't want to crush her by accident, his strength can make that incredibly easy. He has had a lot of practice with it however and doesn't find fear in such tasks now. Sharkguard was glad to see Kaylee so ecstatic from his words. To her will to fight hard, he responds quietly with, "I know yarr will Kaylee." He goes to put Kaylee's wig back on her if she is alright with it, then goes to answer her other questions.

    "Don't tell anyone else this, aye?" He looks around quickly to see if anyone else is listening. "I got's an offer by one o' the company donors to ta hospital. They be wantin' to examine me; see about some of my abilities. I been healthy for decades without being ill and they think I may have somethin' inside me. Best o' circumstances, their research can put medicine ahead... Possibly find cures for such illnesses like your leukemia." He tries to reassure her that he won't be used as some sort of test subject. Considering King, this would be very likely. Sharkguard however prefers to keep a good image of himself and was willing to take the risk. "I can make promises on many o' things, but I can't on this one. Science has no guarantee on anything, but I be hopin' for success. A cure ain't a miracle; it won't happen overnight. If this does work out I'm bettin' it'll take a year or two in ta best o' circumstances. What I be sayin' is that I''ll be doing my best to see if I can help out these children beyond motivations; that goes for yarr too Kaylee." He winks again before standing up, clearly dwarfing the young human girl now. "Just remember ta best plan is a strong will and healthy lifestyle, aye? Never forget that."
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Kaylee listens raptly as you let her in on your plans. "Wow, really? I know it'll work! You can do anything! I know it'll take a long time, they always do, but I'll do my best to get strong and healthy again, so I'll be ready when your cure comes!" Super-science tended to be removed from the general public, usually some combination of too expensive, too difficult to reproduce, or just too dangerous. If all this came to pass, it would a big deal. Even Kaylee seemed to know this.

    An new and exciting thought occurs to Kaylee as she gives you another hug (or rather, gives your knee another hug as you stand up, dwarfing the young girl.) "Do you think it might give me superpowers?" she whispers excitedly. Any answer you can give is suddenly and rudely interrupted.

    "Aww, now ain't that sweet! Hahaha!" The gruff rasp sends shivers down your spine, and not just because it literally sounds like metal scraping on a chalkboard.



    Spoiler
    Show
    Just um, ignore the Superman crest. Otherwise, it's an almost perfect picture of how I imagine him.


    Behind you, hovering about 10 feet in the air, is a gleaming silver figure in a flowing red cape. The man, while not as big as you, would still dwarf most people, standing well over 7 feet tall. Naked from the waist up, well muscled, like a heavyweight prizefighter, and totally bald, carrying a massive, crude-looking sledgehammer made of heavy steel. A normal person would strain to get it off the ground. He's waving it around with one hand.

    There's a solidness to him that Megastar's liquid metal shell lacks. There's nobody inside this figure, just a core of steel. He seems very... superheroic in his look and bearing, proud and upright, especially with the long crimson cape fluttering dramatically behind him. If someone snapped a picture of him and stuck it on the front page of the paper, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was a shot of some great hero, come to save the day.

    You know him for what he really is, the supervillain Bulwark, a jumped-up thug with delusions of grandeur. While robbing a chemical plant, he was given real and frightening power when accidental exposure to an experimental material triggered a freak mutation. Now a very literal Man of Steel, but with none of the virtues of the famous one from the comics. Despite the grand style he liked to put on these days, he was still a two-bit thug at heart. His mind still worked in terms of petty revenge and easy scores. He must really believe the stuff from ASTRO Labs is worth the risk if he's willing to take on three big-time heroes.

    "Hello, Bulwark." Johnny gives the metallic man a look that is half wary and on guard, half "Really, now? Are you kidding me?"

    "You know, Sharkguard here headbutted a piece of steel in half earlier. You here so he can do it to you, too?"

    The big silver figure just shakes his head and laughs a bit at Johnny. It's not a pleasant sound. "'Fraid not, speedy. Funny you should mention that little production you put on, though. That super-alloy is right up my alley. A nice upgrade for me, and a big prize for whoever feels like paying my price for a sample. Not just bulletproof, but untouchable by anything short of the big fish and his teeth? Oh yeah, I can feel it already."

    He spreads his arms open wide and makes that rasping, metallic laugh again. "Now, I'm feeling charitable today, what with all the love and warmth you chumps have been spreading around here, so I'm gonna give you three a chance. You take those precious kids of yours and get out of my way, and nobody gets hurt today. Try and stop me, and you get a free tour of the morgue. My treat. What's it gonna be?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Your first supervillain makes his appearance! Meet Bulwark, proof that you can look good and still be a total jackass on the inside! Roll for initiative, if you would. Combat will start after your next post, if combat is where you decide to take things.

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Listening to Kaylee's optimism, Sharkguard wonders for a moment if he shouldn't have mentioned the 'examination' that will be happening. He feels that he really could do anything with the (painfully learned) exception of beating a mastermind in a game of smarts. Just because he can however, doesn't mean that it will work the first time. Super-science is never a strong point to Sharkguard. Even if it is just going to be an examination, he needs to be sure of the possibility that something can go wrong. The fact that Hieronymus King would be the one to get it set up did not ease anything. Regardless though, it is going to happen so Sharkguard will do his best. He hides his slight worry with his chuckle as he sees Kaylee hug his leg. Super-science giving superpowers wasn't uncommon. Sharkguard himself was almost one such indication of one. He doubted that a cure as such would give people superpowers; at least, he hoped so.

    The rude interruption quickly made Sharkguard turn to the screeching metallic voice. Seeing Bulwark here was poor for timing. Then again, Bulwark has always been consistent in coming at terribly inconvenient times. During the villain's little motivation monologue, the shark-man moves his head to Kaylee and quietly says "Stay behind me missy." Sharkguard knew this wouldn't end without a fight. Minimizing civilian injuries would be a must. Despite this, it wouldn't stop him from taunting Bulwark. Better to let the villain focus on the 8' tall muscled shark-man than a frail human.

    "Yarr never know ta meaning of convenience, Bulwark." Sharkguard speaks in a confident but also annoyed tone. "Yarr'd been better to come earlier, or later. Now though I'd be havin' to give a lesson like I do with all sky-farin' lubbers like yarrself." Sharkguard has taken on Bulwark a few times before. The villain was a constant foe for him. "That alloy ain't gonna do yarr any good against me anyway. If anythin' yarr'd make a healthier meal!" Sharkguard had always wondered what Bulwark's... Metal was like. He got the suspicious feeling that it was simply more than simple metal. Either way he would only find out if he used it as a last-minute emergency. The shark-man quickly whispers to Johnny, "I'll deal with this fool; move everyone else away," and then prepares himself. Fights against two powerhouses when not holding back are very different from the spar Sharkguard had with Megastar. Here, collateral damage can be massive. In a less-than-optimal result, the entire park can be destroyed. Sharkguard is usually careful though, even against literal thick-headed brutes like Bulwark. "Just remember last time yarr tried this stunt. I almost send yarr to ta piranhas!" That last fight plenty of time ago taught Bulwark not to fight Sharkguard when he is in the ocean.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolled an initiative result of 0. Go me!

    Also I wanted to go for an intimidate based off Sharkguard's talking/yelling to Bulwark, which I think would happen before combat starts. Would that be allowed? (you can roll if you are alright with the Intimidate)
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Johnny murmurs "You got it." under his breath, his wisecracking persona gone now that people are in real peril. Megastar puts himself between Bulwark and a band of kids that had been watching the river race only a couple minutes before, arms crossed over his chest. "You touch a hair on these kids, and I'll shove that hammer so far down your throat you won't be able to sit down."

    Bulwark laughs off Megastar's ultimatum, but his bravado as you mention your last battle. He'd tried to hold a harbor ferry hostage, demanding an enormous ransom from the city, only to find that fighting a shark on the seas was not a winning proposition, especially not when your body sinks like, well, a big chunk of steel. "Heheh... eh. I learned my lesson, though, fishboy. You're oh so noble, Sharkguard, just can't stand seeing those innocents in danger. Me? I just need to get what I came for and get out. You know, smash and grab job!"

    Bulwark punctuates his statement by flying up and coming crashing back down into the "finish line" bridge with a massive overhead swing of his oversized sledgehammer, smashing through the pavement and collapsing one of the support columns. The force of the strike makes it look like a bomb went off, overturning several cars unfortunate enough to be near the impact point, trapping their passengers inside! People begin screaming and running as the crippled structure teeters over the river, half the bridge ready to plunge into the water at any second!

    Almost before Bulwark starts moving, Kaylee vanishes from behind your legs, along with a couple other kids who had been huddling near her. You catch a blue-white blur rocketing (literally!) into town as Johnny gets them to safety. Megastar isn't as fast on the uptake as the speedster (nobody is, really), but he still jumps into action, using the superweapon's immense strength to gather as many of the kids as can fit on his frame and flying low and away toward the other side of the park.

    Bulwark floats back down in front of you, grinning nastily over the wreckage behind him, though there's still a quaver in his voice. You've had this dance before, and each time he's come off on the losing end. He knows, deep down, that you're better than he is, but that doesn't stop him from gloating a little bit. "Now get out of my way, Sharkguard, or I'll do worse! Go play the hero, fish. Get your name in all the papers, saving the precious civilians, and leave me to my prize!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    OK, we're now in combat time! Because he failed (spectacularly) against your intimidate, Bulwark will be at -2 to all attacks and checks this round. Also, take a Hero Point right off the bat because of the endangered civilians.

    Johnny Rocket spends his round grabbing Kaylee and a couple of other kids and moving them away to safety. Metagame-wise, Johnny (and Megastar, to a certain extent) is present just in case (very unlikely) I made Bulwark too much for Sharkguard to handle, or if the rolls don't go your way. He will take non-combat actions like saving the kids each round unless needed to step in.

    Speaking of rolls, you currently have 6 HP, including the one I just awarded. I know this is a solo game, but it would be helpful if you could put your current HP and conditions in a heading, the way we do in ECK. During combat, at least.

    Megastar will be more active in combat than Johnny, but for this round, he also spends his action getting several of the kids out of harm's way.

    Just for easy reference, init order:
    Johnny
    Megastar
    Bulwark
    Sharkguard

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Sharkguard
    HP: 6 -> 5
    Cond: Normal

    While Sharkguard usually keeps up an optimistic and brave outlook in public, his mood changes drastically when civilians are in immediate peril and the advantage is not on his side. The shark-man quickly began scowling as soon as he saw the bridge's structure weaken. It was bad enough that children were in range, but now other civilians were at risk at the teetering bridge too. Sharkguard hated this situation; the villain puts the lives of innocents in jeprody to distract the heroes. This allowed the villain to escape with his objective completed and in tow. It would be easier to decide if the villain's goal was money; here what Bulwark is going for is the super-alloy to improve his skin. If there was anyone crazy enough to upgrade Bulwark with the alloy, he would become a much, much more dangerous villain. If Sharkguard could calculate how long the bridge could last, he might not be as worried. He had no such future sight however and there weren't enough heroes right now to take care of it.

    Sharkguard decided to take a gamble and focus on Bulwark right now. In anger, the shark-man responds with, "I ain't lettin' yarr outta here with that alloy! Neither I be lettin' anyone die today!" With that war cry of sorts, the shark-man quickly charges forth and brings his left fist downward on the steel villain. Sharkguard immediately followed up with a powerful straight punch with his right arm. Bring the villain on the ground with the first blow and hammer him with the second. Aggressiveness was Sharkguard's plan here. "Yarr want to do worse? Get by ME first! I be bettin' yarr don't even know where the alloy is!" Getting Bulwark's attention to keep the villain from attacking anything else would be a good step forward.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using All Out Attack +5/-5 to land an attack on Bulwark: (1d20+12)[29] DC 32 Toughness

    Surging attack again with the same modifiers. Here's to hit: (1d20+12)[26]

    Also next turn I will be trying something different. Got a semi-plan coming up
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    *WHANG!* *CLANG!*

    The force of the blows knocks Bulwark out of the air and sends him stumbling back a few feet. Unlike the inert steel you demolished during the demo, the villain's form doesn't deform or break under your fists. He feels far more dense than the simple railroad tie you pummeled earlier. "Ah ah ah." He pops up grinning, clearly unhurt. "Gonna have to try harder than that. And of course I know where the alloy is, flounder. I was watchin' you bleedin' hearts on TV all morning, after all. Oh, and my turn!"

    He hefts the huge hammer and takes a wild swing at your midsection, so violent in fact that you can easily slip out of the way as he loses his grip, smashing the hammer into the trunk of a huge oak tree nearby, turning it to splinters and sawdust! The tree, showing a promising future as a crimefighter, promptly falls over on the silver-skinned supervillain. An extremely agitated metallic voice roars at you out of the branches."God Dammit, Sharkguard! I'm gonna break you in half for that!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    As seen in the ooc, both of your attacks hit, and both of Bulwark's saves are made.

    I'm going to let Bulwark's Nat 1 on his attack stand. Too much fun. Since we're playing with the rule that Nat 1s have consequences beyond just auto-missing, I'm going to rule that he's entangled, like a Snare, and at -2 on all checks and attacks this turn. If not attacked, he will take a turn to bust free, if you want to try saving folks on the bridge.

    Johnny continues to ferry kids out of the park this round.

    Megastar takes two move actions, one to get across the park and drop those he was protecting off, another to come back.

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Sharkguard
    HP: 5
    Cond: Normal

    Sharkguard looks in a bit of surprise at how his punches barely affected Bulwark. The steel man is more like a statue of metal rather than a human with metal skin. Typically their fights were never a "one-two-knockout" show unless Sharkguard had the terrain advantage. That's all well and good when Sharkguard has the time, but not when a bridge is close to collapsing with trapped people on it. Thankfully he was about to get his chance to even things out a bit.

    Sharkguard doesn't even break a sweat as he sidesteps out of Bulwark's clumsy swinging. The tree falling on the steel villain must be quite the embarrassing predicament. It gave Sharkguard the much needed time to assist back on the bridge. He didn't pay much interest in Bulwark's threat all things considered. "Yarr'd break your fish-floppin' hammer before any sort o' harm comes on this sailor!" While Bulwark has definitely been able to harm the shark-man numerous times, usually Sharkguard comes out being able to easily shrug off mighty attacks and weapons that other bricks would take an injury from.

    Hurrying up to the bridge as fast as he can, Sharkguard takes his eyes off Bulwark to help get the trapped civilians to safety. First he got overturned cars back on their wheels, allowing people in there to get away. He also checked for anyone trapped by rubble that he can free. He'd rather get everyone free before anything else. "Everyone! get yarrselves outta this area as soon as yarr can! Don't go rushin' and knockin' other people over; try and be calm here! I be protectin' you and won't let this bridge fall till all yarr are safe!" Hopefully Sharkguard's presence didn't cause difficulties in the unstable bridge holding together.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yay for Nat 1s! I'm betting this'll happen to Sharkguard himself at least 6 times throughout this game

    Taking the turn to free trapped civilians on the bridge. I'll also be making the next turn to do the same as well provided Bulwark hasn't caught up to him already. (and if there are still people that need rescuing of course)
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    The damaged concrete creaks and strains ominously under the added strain of the massive sharkman, but it holds- for now. Those who can heed your words and scramble off the bridge as quickly as possible, most fleeing down the sidewalk away from the park and into downtown, which has quickly become choked with civilians fleeing the super-battle. The chaos can't be solved in a few seconds, though. Even as you free people from crashed cars and rubble, cries for help continue to assault your ears.

    Behind you, Bulwark turns the branches pinning him to the ground to matchwood, breaking free of the tree's hold with a roar of anger, shooting back up into the air, his long cape now a bit tattered by the grasping twigs. "Look at that, how noble! I think I'll send you all crashing down into the river!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sharkguard can reach the bridge with a move action, so your turn is fine. And yes, rescuing all the civilians will take multiple rounds.

    Johnny and Megastar take advantage of Bulwark's temporary tree troubles and spend the round getting the last of the kids out of harm's way.

    Bulwark, as mentioned, spends the round breaking free from the "Snare."

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Sharkguard
    HP: 5
    Cond: Normal

    Sharkguard finds himself in a bad situation as he hears Bulwark gets free from the tree. There wasn't quite enough time to get the rest of the civilians to safety by the time the steel villain flew over here. If Bulwark managed to take down the bridge, Sharkguard would be fine, but the civilians wouldn't. The shark-man could notice that Megastar and Johnny had taken the rest of the kids to safety. At least they were safe. Sharkguard had this problem though, one he would need to solve quickly.

    Sharkguard took focus on rescuing more of the civilians, trying to save as many as he could before Bulwark arrived. Once the steel man arrived however, Sharkguard turned his focus to him. He moved to intercept Bulwark's hammer, letting himself take the blow in place of the bridge. A notable look of anger visible on the shark-man's face. "Yarr know nobility is treasured among even ta most hardened o' sea-farers. But yarr be lucky if you come outta this with both arms intact sky-lubber!" Sharkguard never really was one to brutalize foes in such a way as he had just described. However he had the temptation of it before and it is certainly here now.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spending the round saving more civilians. However using Interpose to block Bulwark's target (whether it'll be the bridge or a civilian) when he reaches the bridge.
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Johnny zips past the once again mobile Bulwark like the villain isn't even there, picking up a rather dazed and bloody civilian from the back of a car and dashing away. Megastar hovers well above the scene, yelling coordinates and instructions to someone. From his tone, it sounds like he's gotten ahold of the cops. The FCPD was better trained and equipped to deal with metahumans and supervillains than any other police force in the nation, and probably the world. Unfortunately, it takes time for those special troopers to gear up. The nearest cops are probably just patrolmen, and it'll take more than nightsticks and pistols to bring down Bulwark.

    Speaking of Bulwark, the metallic madman laughs at your threat. "Ooh, that's kinda dark for you, isn't it? Threatenin' to dismember me? That seems more like... well, like something I'd do!" Despite the bravado, there's the tiniest of quavers in Bulwark's raspy voice. It might not be your style, but he doesn't doubt you could do it, if you wanted.

    "We'll just have to see who breaks first! Batter up!" Hefting his weapon of choice again, Bulwark hurtles toward the bridge, unleashing another violent (put much more on-target) swing of his mighty hammer, aimed dead center of your chest as he comes flying by like a bullet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bulwark's attack hits. DC 35 Toughness check (pre-immunity).

    Johnny spends his turn removing someone trapped in their car on the bridge. Megastar contacts the FCPD with his suit's sensors and explains the situation. The first cops will be on scene in 5 rounds. Whether that will help or hinder Sharkguard remains to be seen.

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Sharkguard
    HP: 5
    Cond: Normal

    Sharkguard has little time to brace himself as Bulwark's hammer smashes into the shark-man's chest. However there was little effect left from the swing. Sharkguard's massive frame causes little more than him taking a step back from the hammer swing. "Hah! Yarr know what it takes to break me. I know yarr lack ta muscle for it, much less ta skill!" If there is anything Sharkguard took a little too much pride in, it was his durability. He is amazingly durable, but he loves to exaggerate that he's completely invincible. It's hardly true, but unless someone of his power goes against him the shark-man might as well be right.

    "Now I be in ta mood to give yarr an example o' how to break something." Sharkguard quickly moved his left arm to grab the handle of Bulwark's hammer; his right arm went to grab the head of the hammer. If he could, Sharkguard would bend or outright break the villain's hammer to render it useless. "I never liked yarr villains usin' weapons such as this. Come out brawlin' like how we bruisers should!" Bulwark's use of his hammer meant that he isn't as dangerous without it. If Sharkguard could get rid of the hammer, Bulwark is in for a very uphill fight.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to Smash Bulwark's Hammer. Roll for attack first with All Out Attack +5/-5: (1d20+12)[23]

    If I hit, I will make a Strength check to try and break the hammer: (1d20+29)[38]
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    *Creeeng* *SNAP* Caught flat-footed, Bulwark can't get out of the way in time. The hammer protests briefly as your big mitt smashes into it, bends violently, then snaps like a matchstick.

    Bulwark snarls as his weapon of choice breaks under your assault. "Oh, now you've done it! You want a brawl? Fine by me! Let's dance, Fish!" He glances at the broken handle and smiles grimly. Seizing it in both hands, he lunges forward and tries to gut you on the jagged spike like some hideous spear.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The attack hits. I mistyped the hammer's toughness by 1, but it doesn't matter. The hammer fails by 13 and is destroyed.

    Just for the record: Bulwark's Hammer: Device 3 (Easily Removable): Penetrating Damage 3 (Mighty, Reach 1)(9pp)

    Bulwark's attack hits. Considering the haft of the hammer to be an Improvised Weapon, giving him an extra +1 to damage this turn. DC 38 (pre-Immunity). Bulwark's active defenses are at +5 until his next turn.

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Sharkguard
    HP: 5
    Cond: Normal

    The jagged, improvised spear drives at Sharkguard's torso with more force than Bulwark used with his hammer. However the shark-man is prepared for the blow. He guards his torso using his arms, letting the jagged spear's thrust stop. The thrust is ineffective at injuring Sharkguard. The best Bulwark managed to do is leave a scrape on the shark-man's right arm. Suddenly, Sharkguard's fierce scowl forms back into the confident smile most people knew. "That spiked pole ain't ever gonna replace yarr hammer," he responds in a enthusiastic manner. Sharkguard goes to grab a hold on Bulwark, relying on his strength to keep the steel villain still.

    "I be preferrin' to be on somethin' else than ta bridge. Yarr skylubbers ever heard o' 'solid ground?'" If Sharkguard has his grapple in, he lifts Bulwark over his head; the villain's head pointed to the sky as his arms and legs are now kept locked and held by Sharkguard's arms and pulled downward. Even if it isn't the case, it almost looks like Sharkguard is trying to break Bulwark in half. "Better yet, yarr ever heard o' a river?!" Quickly, Sharkguard moves and dives off the bridge head-first with Bulwark still held in the same grappled position. The plan is for Bulwark to hit the ground beneath the river using the force from Sharkguard's dive. The shark-man had the advantage in water. Even if the slam at the end of the fall doesn't harm Bulwark, it'll at least scare the villain.

    If anyone is able to see Sharkguard's little maneuver, it'd look like some sort of over-the-top wrestling move.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay! So I'm not too sure how this will work, but I knew it was going to be fun to try The plan is: Grapple Bulwark, dive off bridge, smash into the river below. I'll roll for attack first: (All-Out Attack +5/-5) (1d20+12)[14] and then roll for Grapple: (1d20+33)[53] I will make any rerolls in case I miss or Bulwark beats them.

    Since this is a bit of a... Complicated round, I am willing to Surge to accomplish this maneuver. Just lemme know if I need to Surge or if I need to do anything else.
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    "Gerroff me, you damn monster!" Having thrown everything into his ad hoc spear thrust, Bulwark can't dodge away from your grasping hands, much less break free from your iron grip.

    The plunge off the bridge seems to happen in slow motion, Bulwark wriggling in your arms like, ironically, a fish. You hit the water with a stinging splash, your substantial combined weight carrying you straight to the bottom with a painful thud, or in his case, a clang. Bulwark thrashes in the mud and silt, seemingly none the worse for wear and unaffected by being tossed into the depths, roaring things that would make the roughest sailor you ever served with blush scarlet. Perhaps it's best for all that he's muffled by the water.

    Spoiler
    Show
    With the +10 from the reroll, that's a 15, which hits. Not going to bother with Bulwark's grapple roll this round. He can't beat that roll with his own nat 20.

    According to the book, grabbing, grappling, and throwing a foe is a full-round action, so I'll rule that what you're doing is pretty much the same thing. No need to Surge.

    The bridge is about 40 feet above the river, and the river itself is about 15 feet deep in this area. That makes the falling damage a DC21 Toughness check, which both you and Bulwark can ignore.

    As basically a living steel statue, Bulwark is immune to drowning, so there are no further effects this turn.

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Sharkguard
    HP: 4
    Cond: Normal

    Sharkguard had always wanted to do a wrestling-like grappling throw off a high distance before. Of course such a maneuver wasn't exactly something one can find a willing participant for. The chance he got however was all he needed. And was it an experience. From the jump off to the smashing blow, the feel of it was exhilarating. Even if Bulwark wasn't injured by it, it fulfilled Sharkguard's plan of getting both of them off the bridge. One could even say Bulwark walked the plank... Forcefully.

    Of course now Sharkguard has to deal with a steel supervillain who is cursing his mouth off. The river wasn't like an ocean; not enough room to reliably move around and evade. Still, it is better than the ground where Bulwark can fly easily. After hitting the ground floor of the river, Sharkguard used his swimming to flip 180 degrees and placed his feet on Bulwark to try and keep him in place. "Yarr remember this atmosphere Bulwark?" The shark-man had an easy time speaking underwater. "It's called 'water.' I'd be diggin' yarr a sunken grave if I ain't so merciful." With his hands free, Sharkguard interlocks them and lifts them over his head. "Now head out o' ta dirt!" With a brutal force, Sharkguard brings down his hands like a hammer on Bulwark's body. The blow kicking up the dirt and silt from the floor of the river.

    Spoiler
    Show
    All-Out Attack +5/-5 (1d20+12)[18] DC 32 Toughness. If possible can I feat stun Power Attack for next turn in case Bulwark continues putting up an excellent defense? (will be using it at the right moment )
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    The supervillain struggles, but remains pinned under your feet. The patented Captain Kirk Two-Handed Punch(TM) clangs hard into Bulwark's chest. He grimaces in pain, but seems not to have been seriously harmed. From his awkward position, he yells something that quickly disperses into bubbles, then aims a kick at you, trying to break free.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bulwark can't beat a natural 19, either. He remains grappled. After the reroll, he still takes a hit from your attack. And yes, you can stunt Power Attack if you want.

    Bulwark's attack: (1d20+5)[23] DC 32 Toughness (pre-immunity) if it hits.

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Sharkguard
    HP: 5 -> 4
    Cond: Bruise x1

    Awkward or not, Bulwark's kick connects right with Sharkguard's jaw while the shark-man was recovering from his own attack. The force of the blow causes Sharkguard to stagger for a moment. Small swishes of blood fly from the shark's mouth. If there's any moment where Sharkguard should focus more, it's when he takes a brutal hit. Quickly recovering, Sharkguard moves the back of his hand over his mouth as if to get any leftover blood off it. "Alright, that does it." The serious tone of his voice is quite the indication for the person on the receiving end of that phrase.

    Letting his foot off Bulwark, Sharkguard quickly begins swimming upward, up to the top of the river as fast as he could. When he reaches the top, Sharkguard performs a 180 degree turn and swims downward like a jet through the sky. The shark-man goes to plow right into Bulwark at such speeds to take him down, or at least bring great harm to him. He wouldn't be able to do this if he were on land, but if he could, at least there would be people watching. Sharkguard hoped the bridge is evacuated of people.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Due to a poor Toughness save, I take a bruise. (half of DC 32 should be DC 24)

    Okay, stunting Power Attack here. Going +5/-5 All-Out Attack and Power Attack: (1d20+7)[18] DC 37 Toughness, and I'm making sure this one will hit
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-05-31 at 03:36 PM.
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Bulwark pulls himself out of the muck and stands up on the riverbed just in time to get hit by a giant shark-shaped battering ram. The villain goes sailing through the water, tumbling a good 20 feet before crashing into one of the damaged pillars holding what's left of the bridge up. The battered structure can no longer support itself, and comes crashing down around Bulwark, burying him in concrete, asphalt, and a couple damaged cars. Thankfully, you see no people plunge into the river with the debris. Looks like Johnny and Chris got everyone off in time.

    Bulwark frees himself from the wreckage, looking distinctly worse for wear. The bridge debris doesn't seem to have done any direct harm, but your hammerblow has left quite an impression- literally! The man of steel's chest has a massive dent in it, and he's wobbling on his feet like a man after an all-night bender.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The attack hits, and Bulwark fails by 11, just making him Staggered. His Impervious prevents him from taking any further damage from the Knockback damage. He's Stunned this round and takes no action.

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Sharkguard
    HP: 4 -> 3
    Cond: Bruise x1

    Smashing Bulwark into the bridge support wasn't Sharkguard's plan. To see the bridge collapsing definitely wasn't something he wanted to see either. However the lack of civilian casualties eased the shark-man's mind. The bridge will need fixing, but right now there is a steel man to take down.

    Seeing Bulwark with the massive dent, Sharkguard readies himself for what will hopefully end this fight. "Alright skylubber. Yarr had ta shine for the day. Now sleep with ta fishes!" With his intimidating shout, Sharkguard swims in a fury over to Bulwark. The shark-man uses his swimming speed to deliver a crushing blow from his fist. Bulwark had forgotten the advantages Sharkguard has in the water and now is getting punished for it. It didn't matter if it was the river or the ocean.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay! All-Out Attack and Power Attack +5/-5. In addition, Charging for +2 to Attack. (1d20+9)[10] DC 37 Toughness if hit, and I will spend an HP to make sure it hits.

    EDIT: Okay yeah, spending an HP to reroll that Nat 1.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-05-31 at 03:34 PM.
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Bulwark gets his unsteady guard up, but his dazed reflexes are no match for yours, especially underwater. The mighty blow smashes the steel villain flat, plowing him into the riverbed. He gets up quickly this time, however, not nearly as out of it as he was after crashing into the bridge.

    With a bestial roar of rage, he hurls himself at you, taking a massive roundhouse swing with no thought for his own defenses or safety.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The reroll hits. Bulwark fails by 7, taking another hit and getting stunned again.

    I'm going to fiat away the stun. Stun-lock is one of the things I hate most about 2e. Take a hero point.

    All-Out (+5/-5) Power (+5/-5) Attack: (1d20+14)[25] DC37 Toughness if it hits.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Sharkguard
    HP: 4 -> 3
    Cond: Bruise x1

    While Sharkguard's strike was great, it seems Bulwark has enough fight to keep going. All well and good though since the steel villain seems to be more interested in attacking the shark-man than threatening innocent people. Bulwark's wild swinging easily nails Sharkguard in the left side of his face. The shark-man's head jolts in what seemed like a painful manner. However Sharkguard recovers almost immediately, making Bulwark's roundhouse completely ineffective. If there is ever a time when Sharkguard's confident smile is terrifying, it's after a seemingly powerful blow aimed at him comes up with no results. This happens quite frequently.

    Sharkguard doesn't hesitate at retaliation as he brings his left arm for an upward gut punch at Bulwark. Right after Sharkguard follows it up with a powerful headbutt! His head can demolish a granite wall; he wants to see how it fares on steel.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alrighty, Power/All-Out Attack +5/-5 (1d20+7)[10] DC 37 Toughness.

    Edit: Ugh, 10? Yeah I'll go reroll that.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-06-02 at 06:57 PM.
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Bulwark drops his hands to knock away the uppercut, leaving himself open to the headbutt, which cracks him right in the forehead like a ton of bricks. It stings a bit more than hitting the granite slab did, but Sharkguard's incredibly tough skin prevents any real injury. The same can't be said for Bulwark, who staggers back with another dent in his supposedly invulnerable body. He stumbles drunkenly for a few moments, taking one last swing at you before falling to the riverbed with a dull clunk. This time he doesn't get back up, lying motionless in the silt.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bulwark fails by 14 and is Staggered again, knocking him out. Congrats! Combat time is over.

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    The mighty headbutt shows it's wonder once again as Bulwark suffers greatly from the attack. His last drunken swing comes out easily telegraphed and stopped by Sharkguard's own hand. With that, the steel villain went down and out of the fight. Sharkguard takes a moment to relax before picking up Bulwark and placing him over the shark-man's shoulder. Destroyed bridge aside, collateral damage has been kept to a minimum. Things very well could have been a lot messier on the streets or in a building.

    Sharkguard gets out of the water hardly looking worse for wear than he did before. That one lucky kick Bulwark left wasn't shown by much more than a bruise. Once out, Sharkguard takes a look around before announcing his victory. "Yarr! I been takin' care of this skylubbing piece of metal!" 'Piece of metal' might have been giving Bulwark a bit more credit than he deserved. Based on that fight, 'chrome wood' would have been a more accurate description. Sharkguard looks around for Johnny, Chris, and Kaylee. "How's ta city be farin' since yarr noble captain went divin'?" Based on how there were no civilians on the bridge, the situation was probably under control.
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Kaylee is nowhere to be seen, having been one of those whisked off to safety by Johnny Rocket when the fight turned hot. Johnny and Chris are visible, though. Johnny zips past, carrying one of the civilians injured in the bridge attack. "Hey, there you are! I was getting worried." He grins at the comatose villain draped over your shoulder. "Nice catch, but I don't think it's worth eating. Maybe you can get it mounted, put it over the fireplace. Back in a few." He races away into town with his charge, towards a hospital.

    Chris is talking with the first cops to arrive on scene, pointing animatedly at the river and what's left of the bridge. He almost seems disappointed to see you emerge from the water. "Aww, you trashed him already? I was going to jump in and help you. Oh well. Hey, great job. He looks pretty bad, you must have really put a hurting on him. Nobody else got hurt when the bridge went down, we'd gotten 'em all onto solid land by then. Things could have been a lot worse."

    Some of the cops follow Megastar over. A grizzled-looking lieutenant offers you his hand, looking mighty impressed. "Oh my, Sharkguard! Seen you on TV a time or two. You're a bit bigger in person, even. Nice work! This jackass has been on our list for a long time. After a stunt like this, he's headed straight for a cell up at Blackgate, that big ol' castle-lookin' place upstate they built to hold supers. No more breakouts for Bulwark." He pats the unconscious villain's cheek condescendingly. "The press are going to be all over this, especially with the 8th St. bridge going into the drink. We can keep 'em off your back if you want, though. Think you've done enough for one day without having to deal with those vultures too."

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Sharkguard chuckles as Johnny zips by him. The shark-man didn't get the chance to respond to the speedster. Understandable though due to him carrying civilians to the hospital. Sharkguard wasn't sure of how many were injured and he'd go check up on that as soon as he got the lump of metal off his shoulder. As Chris comes up to him, the shark-man looks in admiration at the teen's bravado. "Hah! Yarr wouldn't been much help youngling. Bulwark here lost ta fight ta moment I been sendin' him down to ta depths. He should've known better than to fight without that hammer of his." He winks to Chris before the cops come over. "Good job gettin' all those civilians to safety Megastar."

    As the lieutenant comes over, Sharkguard gives him a firm handshake. "Television has a way of making us tall people look shorter? In that case I'd be wantin' to make more public appearances!" He jests for a moment before focusing on the topic at hand, Bulwark. "Blackgate or not, I'd be sure this skylubber break outta there eventually. Too bad he's too focused on me to understand ta meaning of 'succeed.'" As the lieutenant mentioned the press, Sharkguard realized he needed to make it back to Alyssa. As much as he liked the press, they do comes like fishes in a barrel when it comes to events like the bridge's destruction. "I be seein' the press one day, but I'll need to leave this time... For my own reasons. I thank yarr for the help lieutenant."

    In the case Johnny came back before he finished conversation with the lieutenant, Sharkguard would ask him where Kaylee is. Otherwise Sharkguard would look for anyone else that might need a lift to the hospital before moving on back to picking up Alyssa. Hopefully Sharkguard wasn't too late this time.
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    "Sure thing, Sharkguard." The lieutenant smiles. Police, paramedics, and firefighters are starting to arrive in earnest, cordoning off the area. It should be simple enough for you to slip out in the controlled chaos and avoid the press.

    Bulwark is manacled, bound and gagged with everything the cops have on hand, and tossed unceremoniously into the back of a SWAT van that arrives a couple minutes later. The groggy supervillain shouts a few rather incoherent threats at you as he's loaded up, but it seems to be out of habit than anything else. He probably couldn't tell you what day it was after the stunner he took to the skull. As Johnny comes back momentarily, he tells you that Kaylee is safe and sound back at the children's hospital, before racing off again with another civilian.

    With the police running a little interference, you're able to slip across the river and into town without attracting a swarm of reporters. Downtown and Southside are absolutely packed with pedestrians and angry honking drivers. The roads closed for the fundraiser in the park would have made things bad enough, but coupled with the bridge being demolished and the detours needed to reroute people, it makes this morning's rush hour look quaint and well-ordered. Despite your best efforts, the battle with Bulwark, the aftermath, and the time it takes to claw through the seething mass of humanity clogging up the streets and sidewalks have made you quite late, and Alyssa is already long gone by the time you get to her school. As a silver lining, that means you're only a few blocks from the abandoned apartment complex, which is much easier to reach, the traffic finally, mercifully thinning as you get away from the city center and the park.

    As soon ad you open the door, something launches forward and hits you in the stomach like Bulwark's hammer. Looking down, it appears to be a small, smiling girl. "You're home! I got to see almost the whole thing on TV today! It was so cool! Smashing things and jumping in front of bullets and swimming through that giant obstacle course and beating up Megastar and that huge fight with that big stupid supervillain! I knew you'd win! Oh! And dinner's almost ready. I didn't think you'd be home so soon."

    Alyssa apparently enjoyed today's adventure.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    Sharkguard is glad to be able to get away from the press today. The time it would have taken otherwise could have gone till the sun went down. All the chaos on the streets in Downtown and Southside were almost enough to make the shark-man scream out loud. It is a frustrating exercise to get somewhere in such traffic no matter what time it is. It is pretty typical however to see that he is too late to pick up Alyssa at school. Sharkguard has rarely been on time for one reason or another. The best he can do is make sure he gets home as soon as he can. Thankfully this time he got home sooner than he could have.

    Shortly after Alyssa launches into him, Sharkguard bends down to pick up the young girl and hug her gently. "Hah! I did say that yarr father be never in danger!" He enters the room as he puts his adopted daughter down, switching to his normal accent in the process. "Of course I don't think you have enough confidence in me. How many times have I been later than this?" The answer is sadly greater than either of them wished. Sharkguard checks up on dinner before saying, "Alyssa something has come up today..." He knew Alyssa never liked to hear those words. "...I'll need to go out somewhere this week. But I've got it planned out. We can still go to the seashore near Lonely Peak this weekend, alright?" Above all, Sharkguard wants to be sure the two can spend an evening together in such an area.

    Sharkguard goes to sit in a rather large chair, for a normal human, to relax from today's crazy events. "Now come here and tell me how your father how your day was!" By the sounds of it, seeing the shark-man on TV was enough to make up for however the rest of Alyssa's day went.
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ripleycat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chico, CA

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    "A lot." Alyssa deadpans at the question of how often you've been late. It wears on you both, even if the reasons for it are well, pretty good. "OK, as long as we get to go sometime." She nods her reluctant agreement at the news about the trip out to the shore. Alyssa scratches her head and does an exaggerated "thinking" pantomime when you ask about her day.

    "Well, in math, we worked on factions. Again." This has been an ongoing complaint for nearly two weeks. Fractions may be an important thing to teach, but Alyssa finds them easy, which leads to the kiss of death- boredom! "Jenna Ross had to go up and do a problem on the board, and she got it totally wrong, so that was funny at least!"

    "In Mrs. Williams' class, we got her to turn on the TV so we could watch you at the park!" Alyssa beams at this. "Lunch sucked, though. It was this really awful... um, I-I don't know. They called it lasagna, but it wasn't really. It was all watery and there wasn't enough cheese and there were big chunks of raw tomato piled on top and I hate raw tomatoes." She makes a face of utter disgust at the memory that makes it very hard for you not to laugh. "I'm going to take my own lunch tomorrow, OK?"

    "In art, we practiced perspective and shading. That was cool. Look!"
    She digs a sheet covered in 3d squares and circles out of her backpack. "We got to watch you again, too. Teacher said it was important. That was when I got to see you fight that big dumb silver guy!" You reflect that "Big dumb silver guy" sums up Bulwark better in one line than a 50 page police report could.

    "And then I waited for you, but it took a long time and people were leaving and I got lonely and bored, so I came home and then you got here and then you asked me how my day was!" Alyssa brings the report to a close with a smile with just the tiniest bit of snark behind it. A timer beeps loudly in the kitchen, sending her running. "Oh no, and dinner! I almost forgot!" Dinner turns out to be a (now slightly overdone) pizza that she salvages with a bit of your help.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay. We're just about wrapped up with this chapter. This little bit with Alyssa is the last thing, so whenever you're ready to move on, just say the word.

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Starsign's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sharkguard: The Sea-Roaring Defender IC

    "Don't worry. We'll be going," Sharkguard says to give faith to his adopted daughter. Scheduling has always been one of the shark-man's worst suits and that's before the entire superhero deal comes into play. This time however seems like one that won't go wrong. Sharkguard would uphold to the offer King made for him and Saturday will be the day he and Alyssa goes to the seashore. That is the plan at any rate.

    On the subject of maths, Sharkguard smiles proudly at his daughter. She may not like math, but she definitely is skilled at it. "Hah. Don't go rushing for new things in that class. Math gets more difficult very quickly. When you're older you'll have to deal with BEDMAS and Trigonometry. Those will be quite the test for your wits." Math grows exponentially in difficulty. Sharkguard himself is able of basic Calculus at best. Anything beyond that would require someone more knowledgeable than him. "Still, better to be in an easy situation than an impossible one, aye?"

    For lunch, Sharkguard wasn't surprised that Alyssa wasn't fond of lasagna. It isn't exactly a delicacy Sharkguard likes either. "Blah. Silly Italian food." He tries to replicate Alyssa's look of disgust before laughing at the absurd faces the two made. "If you know what to make for tomorrow, no harm in taking it. Just lemme help out after dinner with that." The talk of Sharkguard on television is what really caught his attention. "I knew that'd be the best part of the day for you! I take it the other children were excited to see me in action?" He winks as he mentions that. It's always great to have the children look up to him. A hero that shouldn't be idolized isn't much of a hero at all. "Did those cameras catch me underwater? Otherwise they missed the best part of the fight. Yarharhar!" Sharkguard often forgot about his surroundings when up in a villain's face. If he was a little more careful he might have kept the bridge from collapsing... Might.

    Then the timer buzzed, announcing dinner time. "Overcooked or not, it looks great Alyssa!" He takes a quick look at it before casually mentioning, "No anchovies, no problem. Those things are baby food for me." A simple pepperoni and cheese pizza does Sharkguard fine. That way what is leftover can be given for Alyssa's lunch tomorrow. "Well now, let's dig in!"
    Exams are finished! Posting shall resume shortly.

    Sharkguard avatar done by Darth Raynn!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •