New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Lightbulb [PF]Wild Shape Druid Expanded (PEACH)

This is a collection of changes, fixes, options, spells and archetypes pertaining wild shaping druids. I would really appreciate a honest opinion on the changes I suggest in particular regarding gameplay balance.

INDEX:
    1. Proposed WS expansion
      Archetype: Wildshaper
    2. Polymorph Spells Expanded - post #2
    3. Elemental Shaman Archetype - post #3

Author's note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This might come as a surprise to many, but I am not satisfied with the wild-shaping druid in its current incarnation. Namely, I think that the fact that wild shape reaches a plateau as early as level 12 is a Bad design idea if you want to keep it viable in the higher levels. Mind you, I am not suggesting that WS stops being useful from that moment on; I am simply pointing out that a wild shape-focused druid build at higher level is as dependent on spells as a casting-focused one. Thus, my (maybe quite unnecessary) "fix". If you are concerned about balance issues, you can allow this expanded variant only in conjunction with the wildshaper archetype.

I must say I am very happy about how this optional rule expands on the available content is a (hopefully) seamless manner.

Wild Shape (Su)
    At 4th level, a druid gains the ability to turn herself into any Small or Medium animal and back again once per day. Her options for new forms include all creatures with the animal type. This ability functions like the beast shape I spell, except as noted here. The effect lasts for 1 hour per druid level, or until she changes back. Changing form (to animal or back) is a standard action and doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity. The form chosen must be that of an animal the druid is familiar with.

A druid loses her ability to speak while in animal form because she is limited to the sounds that a normal, untrained animal can make, but she can communicate normally with other animals of the same general grouping as her new form. (The normal sound a wild parrot makes is a squawk, so changing to this form does not permit speech.)

A druid can use this ability an additional time per day at 6th level and every two levels thereafter, for a total of eight times at 18th level. At 20th level, a druid can use wild shape at will. As a druid gains in levels, this ability allows the druid to take on the form of larger and smaller animals, elementals, and plants. Each form expends one daily usage of this ability, regardless of the form taken.

At 6th level, a druid can use wild shape to change into a Large or Tiny animal or a Small elemental. When taking the form of an animal, a druid's wild shape now functions as beast shape II. When taking the form of an elemental, the druid's wild shape functions as elemental body I.

At 8th level, a druid can use wild shape to change into a Huge or Diminutive animal, a Medium elemental, or a Small or Medium plant creature. When taking the form of animals, a druid's wild shape now functions as beast shape III. When taking the form of an elemental, the druid's wild shape now functions as elemental body II. When taking the form of a plant creature, the druid's wild shape functions as plant shape I.

At 10th level, a druid can use wild shape to change into a Large elemental or a Large plant creature. When taking the form of an elemental, the druid's wild shape now functions as elemental body III. When taking the form of a plant, the druid's wild shape now functions as plant shape II.

At 12th level, a druid can use wild shape to change into a Gargantuan or Fine animal, a Huge elemental or a Huge plant creature. When taking the form of animals, a druid's wild shape now functions as beast shape V. When taking the form of an elemental, the druid's wild shape now functions as elemental body IV. When taking the form of a plant, the druid's wild shape now functions as plant shape III.

At 14th level, when taking the form of an elemental, the druid's wild shape now functions as elemental body V. When taking the form of a plant, the druid's wild shape now functions as plant shape IV.

At 16th level, when taking the form of animals, a druid's wild shape now functions as beast shape VII. When taking the form of an elemental, the druid's wild shape now functions as elemental body VI. When taking the form of a plant, the druid's wild shape now functions as plant shape V.

At 18th level, a druid can use wild shape to change into any of the previously available forms and she can change form each round as a free action. When using this ability in such a way, the druid's wild shape now functions as Shapechange (revisited), except that no focus is required. A Druid must declare her intention of using her ability in this way when she first transform.

Archetype: Wildshaper
    Author's note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Most druids regard "preserving the balance" as very important. Obviously, this includes gameplay balance. I have explained in detail why I feel the Wild Shape ability needs a boost. Now, in the interest of keeping the final power of the class at roughly the same level as it is now, I am going to propose the following as an archetype.

Confronting the wildshaper with its most obvious counterpart, the Synthesist Summoner, I would say they end up quite near each other: the wildshaper diminished spellcasting is not far from the summoner's own "enhanced" 6-levels spellcasting ability; Wildshape+spontaneous SNA casting are roughly equal to the Fused Eidolon+Summoning abilities both in power and versatility. All in all I'd put them both in Tier 2.

Nature's Shape (Ex)
    At 1st level, a wildshaper forms a bond with her inner beast.

The wildshaper gains the ability to turn herself into any Small or Medium animal and back again. She can use this ably 3+WIS times a day. Her options for new forms include all creatures with the animal type. This ability functions like the Minor Beast Shape spell, except as noted here. The effect lasts for 3 hours + 1 hour per druid level, or until she changes back. Changing form (to animal or back) is a standard action and doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity. The form chosen must be that of an animal the druid is familiar with.

A druid loses her ability to speak while in animal form because she is limited to the sounds that a normal, untrained animal can make, but she can communicate normally with other animals of the same general grouping as her new form. (The normal sound a wild parrot makes is a squawk, so changing to this form does not permit speech.)

A druid can use this ability an additional time per day at 4rd level and every four levels thereafter. At 20th level, a druid can use wild shape at will. As a druid gains in levels, this ability allows the druid to take on the form of larger and smaller animals, elementals, and plants. Each form expends one daily usage of this ability, regardless of the form taken.

This ability replaces both Nature's bond and Wild shape.

Optional: Druid that choose to bond with their inner beast gain the possibility to access the advanced forms as described above, while other druids do not.

Diminished Spellcasting
    A Wildshaper gains one less spell per day of any level she can cast. If this brings the total amount of spells per day to 0, she cannot cast spells of that level unless she gains bonus spells through a high Wisdom score.

Natural Caster
    At 1st level, wildshapers gain Natural spell as a bonus feat. At 8th level, she gains the Wild Speech feat.
    This ability replaces Wild Emphaty and Nature's Sense.

Insightful claws
    At 4th level, a Wildshaper gains a bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to his wisdom modifier when using natural weapons.
    This ability replaces Trackless step and Resist Nature's lure.

Fast Wild Shape
    At 9th level, a Wildshaper can use her wildshape ability as a move action.
    At 13th level, she can use it as a swift action instead.
    This ability replaces Venom Immunity and Thousand Faces.
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2013-01-25 at 09:50 AM. Reason: change in scope of the thread
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [PF]Elemental Shaman Druid Archetype

Extended Wild Shape Progression: Spells
    Author's note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since it bugs me how Wild Shape reaches a plateau at lvl. 12, I have designed a couple more Beast Shape/Elemental Body/Plant Shape spell levels and assigned them to the druid, one level before they become available to other casters (like all the entries in the list).
    Elementals:
    Regarding stat, natural armor and DR increases, I looked up the Greater and Elder versions of standard Elementals and compared them with the Huge elemental that E.B. IV spell refers to. The addition of the Elemental Mastery line at the last level seemed fitting and compensated the fact that no other special abilities or DR are awarded at the last level. Feel free to comment on the matter.
    Plants and Animals:
    The progression is unfortunately not as obvious as for elementals. I feel increasing statistical gains is a quick and dirty but effective way to prolong the spell line, with size alteration adding a much needed variety without too much of a mechanical concern. If you feel this is not the way it should be, please speak up.
    Vermins:
    Still a WIP. Will add or increase available abilities, as well as change sizes and bonuses offered.

Minor Beast Shape
    School transmutation (polymorph); Level sorcerer/wizard 2

DESCRIPTION
    When you cast this spell, you can assume the form of any Small or Medium creature of the animal type. This spell otherwise function like Alter self.

Beast Shape V
    School transmutation (polymorph); Level sorcerer/wizard 7

DESCRIPTION
    This spell functions as beast shape IV.

• Small or Smaller forms: increase the size bonus by +2 Dex and +1 Natural AC.
    • Medium or larger forms: increase the size bonus by +2 Str and +2 Natural AC

Beast Shape VI
    School transmutation (polymorph); Level sorcerer/wizard 8

DESCRIPTION
    This spell functions as beast shape V except that it also allows you to assume the form of a Diminutive or Huge creature of the magical beast type.
    • Small or smaller forms: increase the size bonus by +4 Dex, +2 Con and +1 Natural AC.
    • Medium or larger forms: increase the size bonus by +4 Str, +2 Con and +3 Natural AC

Beast Shape VII
    School transmutation (polymorph); Level sorcerer/wizard 9

DESCRIPTION
    This spell functions as beast shape VI except that it also allows you to assume the form of a Diminutive or Huge creature of the magical beast type.

• Small or smaller forms: increase the size bonus by +6 Dex, +4 Con and +2 Natural AC.
    • Medium or larger forms: increase the size bonus by +6 Str, +4 Con and +5 Natural AC

Minor Vermin Shape
    School transmutation (polymorph); Level sorcerer/wizard 2

DESCRIPTION
    When you cast this spell, you can assume the form of any Small or Medium creature of the vermin type. This spell otherwise function like Alter self.

Vermin Shape III
    School transmutation (polymorph); Level alchemist 6, druid 5, magus 6, sorcerer/wizard 6, witch 5

DESCRIPTION
    This spell functions as vermin shape II except that it also allows you to assume the form of a Diminutive or Huge creature of the vermin type. You don’t gain full immunity to mind-affecting effects, but you do gain a +6 resistance bonus on all saving throws against such effects.

• Diminutive forms: If you take the form of a Diminutive vermin, you gain a +6 size bonus to your Dexterity, a –2 penalty to your Strength, and a +2 natural armor bonus.
    • Huge forms: If you take the form of a Huge vermin, you gain a +6 size bonus to your Strength, a –2 penalty to your Dexterity, and a +7 natural armor bonus.

Vermin Shape IV
    School transmutation (polymorph); Level druid 6, sorcerer/wizard 7, witch 6

DESCRIPTION
    This spell functions as vermin shape II except that it also allows you to assume the form of a Diminutive or Huge creature of the vermin type. You don’t gain full immunity to mind-affecting effects, but you do gain a +8 resistance bonus on all saving throws against such effects.

• Diminutive forms: If you take the form of a Diminutive vermin, you gain a +6 size bonus to your Dexterity, a –2 penalty to your Strength, and a +2 natural armor bonus.
    • Huge forms: If you take the form of a Huge vermin, you gain a +6 size bonus to your Strength, a –2 penalty to your Dexterity, and a +7 natural armor bonus.

Vermin Shape V
    School transmutation (polymorph); Level druid 7, sorcerer/wizard 8, witch 7

DESCRIPTION
    This spell functions as vermin shape II except that it also allows you to assume the form of a Diminutive or Huge creature of the vermin type. You don’t gain full immunity to mind-affecting effects, but you do gain a +10 resistance bonus on all saving throws against such effects.

Vermin Shape VI
    School transmutation (polymorph); Level druid 8, sorcerer/wizard 9, witch 8

DESCRIPTION
    This spell functions as vermin shape II except that it also allows you to assume the form of a Diminutive or Huge creature of the vermin type. You don’t gain full immunity to mind-affecting effects, but you do gain a +12 resistance bonus on all saving throws against such effects.

Vermin Shape VII
    School transmutation (polymorph); Level druid 9, witch 9

DESCRIPTION
    This spell functions as vermin shape II except that it also allows you to assume the form of a Diminutive or Huge creature of the vermin type. You can choose to gain full immunity to mind-affecting effects, but then you do gain a -2 penalty on Will saving throws against non mind-affecting effects.

Elemental Body V

DESCRIPTION
    This spell functions as elemental body IV. The abilities you gain depend upon the type of elemental into which you change. You are also immune to bleed damage, critical hits, and sneak attacks while in elemental form and gain DR 10/—.
    • Air elemental: As elemental body I except that you gain a +6 size bonus to your Strength, +8 size bonus to your Dexterity, and a +5 natural armor bonus.
    • Earth elemental: As elemental body I except that you gain a +10 size bonus to your Strength, a -2 penalty on your Dexterity, a +6 size bonus to your Constitution, and a +7 natural armor bonus.
    • Fire elemental: As elemental body I except that you gain a +4 size bonus to your Strength, a +6 size bonus to your Dexterity, a +4 size bonus to your Constitution, and a +5 natural armor bonus.
    • Water elemental: As elemental body I except that you gain a +6 size bonus to your Strength, a -2 penalty on your Dexterity, a +10 size bonus to your Constitution, and a +7 natural armor bonus.

Elemental Body VI

DESCRIPTION
    This spell functions as elemental body V. The abilities you gain depend upon the type of elemental into which you change.

• Air elemental: As elemental body I except that you gain a +10 size bonus to your Strength, +8 size bonus to your Dexterity, and a +5 natural armor bonus. You also gain the Air Mastery special ability.
    • Earth elemental: As elemental body I except that you gain a +14 size bonus to your Strength, a -2 penalty on your Dexterity, a +6 size bonus to your Constitution, and a +7 natural armor bonus. You also gain the Earth Mastery special ability.
    • Fire elemental: As elemental body I except that you gain a +6 size bonus to your Strength, a +8 size bonus to your Dexterity, a +4 size bonus to your Constitution, and a +5 natural armor bonus. You also gain the Fire Mastery* special ability.
      Fire Mastery: Enemies on fire take a -1 penalty on all attack and damage rolls agains you. This includes enemy using fire shield or similar abilities, such as a balor.
    • Water elemental: As elemental body I except that you gain a +10 size bonus to your Strength, a -2 penalty on your Dexterity, a +10 size bonus to your Constitution, and a +7 natural armor bonus. You also gain the Water Mastery special ability.

Plant Shape IV

DESCRIPTION
    This spell functions as plant shape III.

• Any plant: increase the size bonus by +2 Str, +2 Dex and +1 Natural AC.

Plant Shape V

DESCRIPTION
    This spell functions as plant shape IV.

• Any plant: increase the size bonus by +6 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con and +2 Natural AC.

Shapechange (revisited)
    School transmutation (polymorph); Level druid 9, sorcerer/wizard 9; Domain animal 9; Bloodline aberrant 9

CASTING
    Casting Time 1 standard action
    Components V, S, F (jade circlet worth 1,500 gp)

EFFECT
    Range personal
    Target you
    Duration 10 min./level (D)

DESCRIPTION
    This spell allows you to take the form of a wide variety of creatures. This spell can function as alter self, beast shape VI, elemental body V, form of the dragon III, giant form II, and plant shape IV depending on what form you take. You can change form once each round as a free action. The change takes place either immediately before your regular action or immediately after it, but not during the action.
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2013-09-24 at 08:10 AM. Reason: More spells! Vermins! Woot!

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [PF]Elemental Shaman Druid Archetype

Elemental Shaman
    Author's note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Origianlly, I was looking for a first party version of this. Not finding it, I created my own, based on the various Animal Shaman archetypes already published. I'd like the Playgrounders' opinions on the matter, especially regarding (glaring) balance issues, mechanical missteps, incongruences, and general cool ideas.

An elemental shaman calls upon the primal elements of nature. Most druid consider all elements as the building blocks of nature, but do not focus on them at the expense of more familiar natural features. Conversely, elemental shamans enjoy unparalleled mastery over these forces.

Elemental Knowledge
    Elemental shamans gain Knowledge (the planes) as a class skill and removes handle Animal and Knowledge (nature).
    An elemental shaman adds Aquan, Auran, Ignean and Terran to the list of languages available to her at first level. She does not gain Sylvian to her choices of languages available at first level.

Elemental Bond
    An elemental shaman who chooses an animal companion must select a small elemental. This elemental companion grows in power as normal for an animal companion. Since it has an intelligence score higher than 2, it gains skills and feats as appropriate for her HD, it does not learn tricks but can follow verbal commands. Alternatively, the elemental shaman can choose to can increase her companion's size as an elemental creature of their HD, but bonuses and special abilities are those of a druid of a lower effective level. Details as follows:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Medium Elemental: Effective Druid Level -5
    • Large Elemental: Effective Druid Level -8
    • Huge Elemental: Effective Druid Level -11
    • Greater Elemental: Effective Druid Level -15
    • Elder Elemental: Effective Druid Level -19

For example, at 8th level an elemental shaman can have a 7HD companion. She could decide to have a medium elemental as a companion, but it would only receive the Natural Armor and Strength/Dexterity bonuses of a 3rd level druid companion.

Table: effective druid level by Companion
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Druid Level|Companion HDs|Medium Elemental|Large Elemental|Huge Elemental|Greater Elemental|Elder Elemental
    1|2|-|-|-|-|-|
    2|3|-|-|-|-|-|
    3|3|-|-|-|-|-|
    4|4|-|-|-|-|-|
    5|5|-|-|-|-|-|
    6|6|1|-|-|-|-|
    7|6|2|-|-|-|-|
    8|7|3|-|-|-|-|
    9|8|4|1|-|-|-|
    10|9|5|2|-|-|-|
    11|9|6|3|-|-|-|
    12|10|7|4|1|-|-|
    13|11|8|5|2|-|-|
    14|12|9|6|3|-|-|
    15|12|10|7|4|-|-|
    16|13|11|8|5|1|-|
    17|14|12|9|6|2|-|
    18|15|13|10|7|3|-|
    19|15|14|11|8|4|-|
    20|16|15|12|9|5|1
    [/table]

If choosing a domain, the shaman must choose among elemental domains, or one of their subdomains.

Elemental Spellcasting
    The elemental shaman is not as close to inhabitants of the wild as a regular druid, and her spell choices tend to reflect that.

Remove all spells that specifically target animals (e.g. calm animal, animal growth) and plants (e.g control plants) as well as spells that deal with them exclusively (e.g. animal aspect, speak with animals; entangle, plant growth). The GM should adjudicate dubious cases.

In exchange, each level the elemental chooses two spells with an elemental descriptor (air, earth, fire, water) or energy type (electricity, acid, fire or cold) and adds it to her spell list.

Elemental Empathy (Ex)
    An elemental shaman can use this ability in place of a diplomacy check when dealing with elementals. He can do the same with creatures with an elemental subtype, but takes a -4 penalty to the check. In order to use this ability, the druid and the creature in question must share a language or otherwise be able to communicate effectively.
    This ability otherwise function like and replaces wild empathy.

Totem Transformation (Su)
    At 2nd level, an elemental shaman may adopt an aspect of an elemental while retaining her normal form. She gains one of the following bonuses:
    • movement: a new movement mode (air: fly, earth: burrow, fire: climb, water: swim) equal to her land speed, +4 racial bonus on a specific skill checks (air: Fly, fire: Climb, earth: Acrobatics, water: Swim).
      An elemental shaman must be at leat 5th level before selecting the fly speed.
    • senses: (darkvision 60ft, blindsense 30ft (fire, air), blindsight 30ft (water, underwater only) or tremorsense 30ft (earth)).
    • spirit: (Resistance 10 (20 at 6th, 30 at 10th) of the chosen type (air: electricity, fire: fire, water: cold, earth: acid), +2 bonus on saves regarding that element that stack with the Resist the Elements ability.
    • natural weapons: (2 slam attacks [1d4] for a Medium shaman, +1d4 elemental damage).

While using totem transformation, the elemental shaman may speak normally. Using this ability is a standard action at 2nd level, a move action at 7th level, and a swift action at 12th level. The shaman can use this ability for a number of minutes per day equal to her druid level. These minutes do not need to be consecutive, but they must be used in 1-minute increments. This is a polymorph effect and cannot be used while the druid is using another polymorph effect, such as wild shape.

This ability replaces woodland stride.

Resist the Elements (Ex)
    Starting at 4th level, a druid gains a +2 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like and supernatural abilities of creatures with an elemental subtype , as well as spell with an elemental descriptor.

This ability replaces resist Nature's lure.

Elemental Shape (Su)
    At 4th level, an elemental shaman gains the ability to transform into a small elemental, as if using the Elemental body I spell, except that she does not gain the listed size bonuses to her ability scores.

At 6th level she gains the full bonus when using her elemental shape ability to turn into a small elemental.

At 8th level, an elemental shaman gains the ability to transform into a medium elemental, as if using the Elemental body II spell.

In addition, an elemental shaman can decide to use her elemental wild shape to gain the form of an elemental swarm. Elemental swarms are made of fine elemental creatures and possess swarm traits, but otherwise function as an elemental of the same size and type. Their appearance depends on the base elemental form: gas or mist for air, sand for earth, flames or embers for fire, and water.
    Details on swarm traits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A swarm of Fine creatures consists of 10,000 creatures, whether they are flying or not. Swarms of nonflying creatures include many more creatures than could normally fit in a 10-foot square based on their normal space, because creatures in a swarm are packed tightly together and generally crawl over each other and their prey when moving or attacking. Larger swarms are represented by multiples of single swarms. The area occupied by a large swarm is completely shapeable, though the swarm usually remains in contiguous squares.

A swarm has no clear front or back and no discernible anatomy, so it is not subject to critical hits or flanking. A swarm composed of Fine or Diminutive creatures is immune to all weapon damage. Swarms are never staggered or reduced to a dying state by damage. Also, they cannot be tripped, grappled, or bull rushed, and they cannot grapple an opponent.

A swarm is immune to any spell or effect that targets a specific number of creatures (including single-target spells such as disintegrate), with the exception of mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms). A swarm takes half again as much damage (+50%) from spells or effects that affect an area, such as splash weapons and many evocation spells.

Swarms made up of Diminutive or Fine creatures are susceptible to high winds, such as those created by a gust of wind spell. For purposes of determining the effects of wind on a swarm, treat the swarm as a creature of the same size as its constituent creatures. A swarm rendered unconscious by means of nonlethal damage becomes disorganized and dispersed, and does not reform until its hit points exceed its nonlethal damage.

Swarm Attack: creatures with the swarm subtype don’t make standard melee attacks. Instead, they deal automatic damage to any creature whose space they occupy at the end of their move, with no attack roll needed. Swarm attacks are not subject to a miss chance for concealment or cover. A swarm’s stat block has “swarm” in the Melee entries, with no attack bonus given.
    The amount of damage a swarm deals is based on its Hit Dice, as shown on Table: Swarm Damage by Size.
    {table=head]HD|Base Damage
    1-5|1d6
    6-10|2d6
    11-15|3d6
    16-20|4d6
    21+|5d6[/table]
    Damage reduction sufficient to reduce a swarm attack’s damage to 0, being incorporeal, or other Special Abilities usually give a creature immunity (or at least resistance) to damage from a swarm. Some swarms also have fire, blood drain, poison, or other special attacks in addition to normal damage.

Swarms do not threaten creatures, and do not make attacks of opportunity with their swarm attack. However, they distract foes whose squares they occupy, as described below.

Swarms possess the distraction ability. Spellcasting or concentrating on spells within the area of a swarm requires a caster level check (DC 20 + spell level). Using skills that involve patience and concentration requires a DC 20 Will save.

At 10th level, an elemental shaman gains the ability to transform into a large elemental, as if using the Elemental body III spell.

At 12th level, an elemental shaman gains the ability to transform into a huge elemental, as if using the Elemental body IV spell.

At 14th level, an elemental shaman gains the ability to transform into an greater elemental, as if using the Elemental body V spell.

At 16th level, an elemental shaman gains the ability to transform into an elder elemental, as if using the Elemental body VI spell.

At 18th level, an elemental shaman gains the ability to change her shape as a free action every turn, as if using Shapechange, but her choices are limited to elemental forms (including the improved versions) and her natural form. Every change of shape after the first consume 1 hour from the duration of the ability.

The elemental shaman does not gain the ability to wild shape into either an animal nor a plant.
    This ability otherwise function like and replaces wild shape. This ability counts as wild shape to adjudicate feats, spells and other effects.

New Elemental Body Spells:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elemental Body V

DESCRIPTION
    This spell functions as elemental body IV. The abilities you gain depend upon the type of elemental into which you change. You are also immune to bleed damage, critical hits, and sneak attacks while in elemental form and gain DR 10/—.
    • Air elemental: As elemental body I-IV (depending on the size) except that you gain an extra +2 bonus to your Strength, an extra +2 bonus to your Dexterity, and an extra +1 natural armor bonus.
    • Earth elemental: As elemental body I-IV (depending on the size) except that you gain an extra +2 size bonus to your Strength, an extra +2 size bonus to your Constitution, and an extra +1 natural armor bonus.
    • Fire elemental: As elemental body I-IV (depending on the size) except that you gain a +4 size bonus to your Strength and an extra +1 natural armor bonus.
    • Water elemental: As elemental body I-IV (depending on the size) except that you gain an extra +2 bonus to your Strength, an extra +2 bonus to your Constitution, and an extra +1 natural armor bonus.

Elemental Body VI

DESCRIPTION
    This spell functions as elemental body V. The abilities you gain depend upon the type of elemental into which you change.

• Air elemental: As elemental body I-IV except that you gain an extra +4 bonus to your Strength, an extra +4 size bonus to your Dexterity, and an extra +1 natural armor bonus. You also gain the Air Mastery special ability.
    • Earth elemental: As elemental body I-IV except that you gain an extra +6 bonus to your Strength, an extra +2 size bonus to your Constitution, and an extra +1 natural armor bonus. You also gain the Earth Mastery special ability.
    • Fire elemental: As elemental body I-IV except that you gain a +6 size bonus to your Strength, an extra +2 bonus to your Dexterity, and an extra +1 natural armor bonus. You also gain the Fire Mastery* special ability.
      Fire Mastery: Enemies on fire take a -1 penalty on all attack and damage rolls agains you. This includes enemy using fire shield or similar abilities, such as a balor.
    • Water elemental: As elemental body I-IV except that you gain an extra +4 bonus to your Strength, an extra +4 size bonus to your Constitution, and an extra +1 natural armor bonus. You also gain the Water Mastery special ability.

Totemic Summons (Su)
    At 5th level, an elemental shaman may cast summon nature’s ally as a standard action when summoning elementals, and said summoned creatures gain temporary hit points equal to her druid level. She can apply the young template to any creature in the group to reduce the level of the summoning spell required by one. She can also increase the level of summoning required by one in order to apply either the advanced or the giant template, or increase it by two to apply both the advanced and giant templates.

This ability replaces a thousand faces.

Bonus Feat
    At 9th level and every 4 levels thereafter, an elemental shaman gains one bonus feats from those available to a typical elder elemental form. She must meet the prerequisites for these bonus feats.
    List of feats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Air: Blind-Fight, Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Flyby Attack, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Mobility, Power Attack, Weapon Finesse
    Earth: Awesome Blow, Cleave, Greater Bull Rush, Greater Overrun, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (slam), Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Power Attack
    Fire: Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Stance, Mobility, Spring Attack, Weapon Finesse, Wind Stance
    Water: Cleave, Dodge, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (slam), Improved Sunder, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack

This ability replaces venom immunity.

Tags: pathfinder, homebrew, archetype, druid, elemental.
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2013-09-24 at 10:01 AM.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [PF]Wild Shape Druid Expanded (PEACH)

Focused Elemental Shamans
    Spoiler: Author's note
    Show
    These are meant to be more specialized versions of the ones above. The first four are more specific, while the last one allows for change.

A shaman with an elemental focus calls upon the primal element of nature. Most druid consider all elements as the building blocks of nature, and do not revere one above the others. Some elemental shamans choose an element to be their patron throughout their career.
    Spoiler: Air Shaman
    Show
    Nature Bond
    An air shaman who chooses an animal companion must select a creature with a flying speed. If choosing a domain, the shaman adds the Liberation domain and removes the Earth and Plant domains from the list.

Wild Empathy (Ex)
    An elemental shaman can use wild empathy with animals with a flying speed or the [air] subtype with a +4 bonus.

At 2nd level, an elemental shaman may adopt an aspect of her focused element while retaining her normal form. She gains one of the following bonuses:
    • movement: fly 30 ft, +4 on Fly checks (the shaman must be at least 5th level before selecting this bonus)
    • senses: darkvision 60ft, blindsense 30ft
    • spirit: Resistance Elettricity 10 (20 at 6th, 30 at 10th).
    • natural weapons: (2 slam attacks [1d6] for a Medium shaman, +2 on CMB, CMD and Escape artist checks to resist or get free from a grapple.

While using totem transformation, the elemental shaman may speak normally and can cast speak with flying animals at will, as well as creatures speaking Auran. Using this ability is a standard action at 2nd level, a move action at 7th level, and a swift action at 12th level. The shaman can use this ability for a number of minutes per day equal to her druid level. These minutes do not need to be consecutive, but they must be used in 1-minute increments. This is a polymorph effect and cannot be used while the druid is using another polymorph effect, such as wild shape.

Resist Air's Lure (Ex)
    Starting at 4th level, a druid gains a +4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like and supernatural abilities of creatures with the [air] subtype, as well as spell with the [air] descriptor.

Wild Shape (Su)
    At 4th level, an elemental shaman’s wild shape ability functions at her druid level – 2. If she takes on the form of a creature with a flying speed or the air subtype, she instead uses her druid level + 2. An air elemental shaman cannot take the form of an earth elemental.

Totemic Summons (Su)
    At 5th level, an elemental shaman may cast summon nature’s ally as a standard action when summoning flying creatures or creatures with the air subtype, and said summoned creatures gain temporary hit points equal to her druid level. She can apply the young template to any creature in the group to reduce the level of the summoning spell required by one. She can also increase the level of summoning required by one in order to apply either the advanced or the giant template, or increase it by two to apply both the advanced and giant templates.

Bonus Feat
    At 9th level and every 4 levels thereafter, an elemental shaman gains one bonus feats from those available to the elder earth elemental: Blind-Fight, Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Flyby Attack, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Mobility, Power Attack, Weapon Finesse. She must meet the prerequisites for these bonus feats.

Spoiler: Earth Shaman
    Show
    Nature Bond
    An earth shaman who chooses an animal companion must select a creature with a burrowing speed. If choosing a domain, the shaman adds the Darkness domain and removes the Weather and Air domains from the list.

Wild Empathy (Ex)
    An elemental shaman can use wild empathy with animals with a burrowing speed or the [earth] subtype with a +4 bonus.

At 2nd level, an elemental shaman may adopt an aspect of her focused element while retaining her normal form. She gains one of the following bonuses:
    • movement: burrow 30 ft, +4 on acrobatic checks.
    • senses: darkvision 60ft, tremorsense 30ft
    • spirit: Resistance Acid 10 (20 at 6th, 30 at 10th).
    • natural weapons: (2 slam attacks [1d6] for a Medium shaman, +2 to CMB and CMD for bull rush.

While using totem transformation, the elemental shaman may speak normally and can cast speak with burrowing animals at will, as well as creatures speaking Terran. Using this ability is a standard action at 2nd level, a move action at 7th level, and a swift action at 12th level. The shaman can use this ability for a number of minutes per day equal to her druid level. These minutes do not need to be consecutive, but they must be used in 1-minute increments. This is a polymorph effect and cannot be used while the druid is using another polymorph effect, such as wild shape.

Resist Earth's Lure (Ex)
    Starting at 4th level, a druid gains a +4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like and supernatural abilities of creatures with the [earth] subtype, as well as spell with the [earth] descriptor.

Wild Shape (Su)
    At 4th level, an elemental shaman’s wild shape ability functions at her druid level – 2. If she takes on the form of a creature with a burrowing speed or the earth subtype, she instead uses her druid level + 2. A earth elemental shaman cannot take the form of an air elemental.

Totemic Summons (Su)
    At 5th level, an elemental shaman may cast summon nature’s ally as a standard action when summoning burrowing creatures or creatures with the earth subtype, and said summoned creatures gain temporary hit points equal to her druid level. She can apply the young template to any creature in the group to reduce the level of the summoning spell required by one. She can also increase the level of summoning required by one in order to apply either the advanced or the giant template, or increase it by two to apply both the advanced and giant templates.

Bonus Feat
    At 9th level and every 4 levels thereafter, an elemental shaman gains one bonus feats from those available to the elder earth elemental: Awesome Blow, Cleave, Greater Bull Rush, Greater Overrun, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (slam), Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Power Attack. She must meet the prerequisites for these bonus feats.

Spoiler: Fire Shaman
    Show
    [SIZE="3"]Nature Bond
    A fire shaman who chooses an animal companion must select a creature with a climb speed. If choosing a domain, the shaman adds the Destruction domain and removes the Water and Plant domains from the list.

Wild Empathy (Ex)
    An elemental shaman can use wild empathy with animals with a climb speed or the [fire] subtype with a +4 bonus.

• movement: climb 30 ft, +4 on climb checks (the shaman must be at least 5th level before selecting this aspect)
    • senses: darkvision 60ft, blindsense 30ft
    • spirit: Resistance Fire 10 (20 at 6th, 30 at 10th).
    • natural weapons: 2 slam attacks [1d6] for a Medium shaman, +1d4 fire damage.

While using totem transformation, the elemental shaman may speak normally and can cast speak with climbing animals at will, as well as creatures speaking Ignean. Using this ability is a standard action at 2nd level, a move action at 7th level, and a swift action at 12th level. The shaman can use this ability for a number of minutes per day equal to her druid level. These minutes do not need to be consecutive, but they must be used in 1-minute increments. This is a polymorph effect and cannot be used while the druid is using another polymorph effect, such as wild shape.

Resist Earth's Lure (Ex)
    Starting at 4th level, a druid gains a +4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like and supernatural abilities of creatures with the [fire] subtype, as well as spell with the [fire] descriptor.

Wild Shape (Su)
    At 4th level, an elemental shaman’s wild shape ability functions at her druid level – 2. If she takes on the form of a creature with a climbing speed or the fire subtype, she instead uses her druid level + 2. A fire elemental shaman cannot take the form of a water elemental.

Totemic Summons (Su)
    At 5th level, an elemental shaman may cast summon nature’s ally as a standard action when summoning climbing creatures or creatures with the fire subtype, and said summoned creatures gain temporary hit points equal to her druid level. She can apply the young template to any creature in the group to reduce the level of the summoning spell required by one. She can also increase the level of summoning required by one in order to apply either the advanced or the giant template, or increase it by two to apply both the advanced and giant templates.

Bonus Feat
    At 9th level and every 4 levels thereafter, an elemental shaman gains one bonus feats from those available to the elder fire elemental: Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Stance, Mobility, Spring Attack, Weapon Finesse, Wind Stance. She must meet the prerequisites for these bonus feats.

Spoiler: Water Shaman
    Show
    [SIZE="3"]Nature Bond
    A water shaman who chooses an animal companion must select a creature with a burrowing speed. If choosing a domain, the shaman adds the Travel domain and removes the Earth and Fire domains from the list.

Wild Empathy (Ex)
    A water shaman can use wild empathy with animals with a swim speed or the [water] subtype with a +4 bonus.

• movement: swim 30 ft, +4 on swim checks
    • senses: darkvision 60ft, blindsight 60ft (undewater only)
    • spirit: Resistance Cold 10 (20 at 6th, 30 at 10th).
    • natural weapons: (2 slam attacks [1d6] for a Medium shaman, +2 to CMB and CMD for bull rush.

While using totem transformation, the elemental shaman may speak normally and can cast speak with swimming animals at will, as well as creatures speaking Aquan. Using this ability is a standard action at 2nd level, a move action at 7th level, and a swift action at 12th level. The shaman can use this ability for a number of minutes per day equal to her druid level. These minutes do not need to be consecutive, but they must be used in 1-minute increments. This is a polymorph effect and cannot be used while the druid is using another polymorph effect, such as wild shape.

Resist Earth's Lure (Ex)
    Starting at 4th level, a druid gains a +4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like and supernatural abilities of creatures with the [water] subtype, as well as spell with the [water] descriptor.

Wild Shape (Su)
    At 4th level, an elemental shaman’s wild shape ability functions at her druid level – 2. If she takes on the form of a creature with a swim speed or the water subtype, she instead uses her druid level + 2. A earth elemental shaman cannot take the form of an earth elemental.

Totemic Summons (Su)
    At 5th level, an elemental shaman may cast summon nature’s ally as a standard action when summoning swimming creatures or creatures with the water subtype, and said summoned creatures gain temporary hit points equal to her druid level. She can apply the young template to any creature in the group to reduce the level of the summoning spell required by one. She can also increase the level of summoning required by one in order to apply either the advanced or the giant template, or increase it by two to apply both the advanced and giant templates.

Bonus Feat
    At 9th level and every 4 levels thereafter, an elemental shaman gains one bonus feats from those available to the water earth elemental: Cleave, Dodge, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (slam), Improved Sunder, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack. She must meet the prerequisites for these bonus feats.

Spoiler: Focused Elemental Shaman
    Show
    Patron Element
    At 1st level, an elemental shaman chooses a patron element. This choice is final and cannot be changed easily. An elemental shaman wishing to change patron must find a cleric or elemental shaman of the element he wishes to have as a patron and receive an atonement spell, usually after performing a quest to prove his devotion to the new element.

Nature Bond
    An elemental shaman who chooses an animal companion must select a small elemental matching her patron element. This elemental grows in size depending on their HD as per the animal companion table, but does not gain any of the special bonus and abilities animal companion gains past first level. If choosing a domain, the shaman must choose the domain corresponding to her patron element, or one of its subdomains.

Wild Empathy (Ex)
    An elemental shaman can use wild empathy with animals with a subtype or a movement mode corresponding to her patron element as a full-round action with a +4 bonus.

At 2nd level, an elemental shaman may adopt an aspect of her patron while retaining her normal form. She gains one of the following bonuses:
    • movement: (+10 enhancement bonus to land speed and a new movement mode (air: fly, earth: burrow, fire: climb, water: swim) equal to her land speed, +4 racial bonus on a specific skill checks (air: Fly, fire: Climb, earth: Acrobatics, water: Swim). An universalist gain a +5 enhancement bonus or a new form of movement at half her land speed, and a +2 bonus on her checks.
      A druid must be at leat 5th level before selecting the fly speed.
    • senses: (darkvision 60ft, blindsense 30ft (fire, air), blindsight 30ft (water, underwater only) or tremorsense 30ft (earth)). An universalist shaman gain darkvision 60ft as normal, but special senses only at half range (15ft).
    • spirit: (Resistance 10 (20 at 6th, 30 at 10th) depending on her patron element (air: elettricity, fire: fire, water: cold, earth: acid), +2 bonus on saves regarding her patron element. An universalist shaman gain only half the elemental resistance and a +1 bonus on her saves.
    • natural weapons: (2 slam attacks [1d4] for a Medium shaman, +1d4 elemental damage). Universalists elemental damage is halved (minimum +1).

While using totem transformation, the elemental shaman may speak normally and can cast speak with animals (creatures with a subtype or movement mode appropriate to her patron element only) at will. Using this ability is a standard action at 2nd level, a move action at 7th level, and a swift action at 12th level. The shaman can use this ability for a number of minutes per day equal to her druid level. These minutes do not need to be consecutive, but they must be used in 1-minute increments. This is a polymorph effect and cannot be used while the druid is using another polymorph effect, such as wild shape.

Resist Element's Lure (Ex)
    Starting at 4th level, a druid gains a +4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like and supernatural abilities of creatures with a type or subtype matching her patron element, as well as spell with a descriptor matching her patron element.

Wild Shape (Su)
    At 4th level, an elemental shaman’s wild shape ability functions at her druid level – 2. If she takes on the form of an elemental of her patron element, she instead uses her druid level + 2. A focused elemental shaman cannot take the form of an elemental opposite from her patron deity.

Totemic Summons (Su)
    At 5th level, an elemental shaman may cast summon nature’s ally as a standard action when summoning elementals or creatures with a subtype matching her patron elemnt, and said summoned creatures gain temporary hit points equal to her druid level. Alternatively, she can choose to comple the summon without reducing the casting time: this way the spell counts as one level higher, but only for the purpose of summoning multiple creatures (the shaman cannot use this ability to summon more powerful creatures). She can apply the young template to any creature in the group to reduce the level of the summoning spell required by one. She can also increase the level of summoning required by one in order to apply either the advanced or the giant template, or increase it by two to apply both the advanced and giant templates.

Bonus Feat
    At 9th level and every 4 levels thereafter, an elemental shaman gains one bonus feats from those available to the elder elemental form of her patron element. She must meet the prerequisites for these bonus feats.
    • Air: Blind-Fight, Cleave, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Flyby Attack, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Mobility, Power Attack, Weapon Finesse
    • Earth: Awesome Blow, Cleave, Greater Bull Rush, Greater Overrun, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (slam), Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Power Attack
    • Fire: Blind-Fight, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Stance, Mobility, Spring Attack, Weapon Finesse, Wind Stance
    • Water: Cleave, Dodge, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (slam), Improved Sunder, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack

Tags: pathfinder, homebrew, archetype, druid, elemental.
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2013-11-22 at 07:59 AM.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika