New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Welknair Update/Game Idea] Fourth Land

Sorry, somebody (ELFSTONE) falsely raised my hopes. They've now been dashed, leaving me a broken man.

Bravo sir, bravo.
    My Extended Homebrewer's Signature

Gunslinger avatar and banner by Flumphy.

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Auron avatar by C-Lam

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Sorry, somebody (ELFSTONE) falsely raised my hopes. They've now been dashed, leaving me a broken man.

Bravo sir, bravo.
    I have no idea how he got that idea.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elfstone View Post
    I have no idea how he got that idea.
    *Continues to be lost. Goes over to the energies question and starts poking it*

Anyone want to +^ my question? We can finally put to name all the energies!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    How about - What are the First Eight Energies in the Fourthland Concept?
    I too, vote for this question.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend Of Mine
    Bloody Mess: The gift that keeps on gibbing.
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

DING! DING! DING! DING!

Second question issued:
    What are the first eight energies in the Fourthland concept?
    Answer 2: Structure, Movement, Thought, Life, Perception, Influence, Energy Control and Wildcard. In order.

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Sweet, energy of randomness.

Nice.

You know what... I might as well submit an application to HH; that way, if I can get my connections to servers to work...
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    Sweet, energy of randomness.

Nice.

You know what... I might as well submit an application to HH; that way, if I can get my connections to servers to work...
    It certainly doesn't hurt!

AND HORAY FOR ENERGIES! Interesting. Energy control IS an energy. I wonder if energy control can control energy control in another to control someones energy.

I automatically would like to know what Wildcard is...

We've pretty much decided what the last 2 questions might be - Something about how these now listed energies work, and something about Shapes.

I think with shapes, we will need QUITE a bit more than 1 question to ask sufficently, so we need to make it count. I have no idea how to formulate a question with such qualities on the matter at this time.

As with energies, I say we hold off on the second part of that until we ask about shapes, so then we have asked 3 different questions on 3 different things, and we can decide if we want a better look at an individual characteristic, or pick something new such as Xechon's add/remove/create/destroy -ness's question. And lets not forget Alchemy!

God, I never realized how little we truely know. And even when we learn something, we're looking at the first letter of the sentence that is fourthland.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm somewhat curious as to how this game is going to turn out. Any rough estimates as to when you'll be able to reveal a fully-formed game to us? Like within the year or even further? Or will I simply have to cheat and add Complete-ness to the game to finish it now?
    By the by, none of those are bolded questions for voting, I'm just wondering.
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?

9. - Top - End - #519
    Dwarf in the Playground

"What are examples of characteristics about the "classes" called Shapes that cause characters to be different from one another?"

I'm asking it this way, because the shapes must differentiate characters to provide whatever function they do.
    ...does that make sense, or did I wake up too recently?

10. - Top - End - #520
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    "What are examples of characteristics about the "classes" called Shapes that cause characters to be different from one another?"

I'm asking it this way, because the shapes must differentiate characters to provide whatever function they do.
    ...does that make sense, or did I wake up too recently?
    That makes sense. Sorta.

Now that I think about it, Welknair could just say the NAMES of the different aspects of shapes and we'd be completely confused.(ex: being told a few of the DnD classes can use prime shot when you have no idea what a class is)

Just my 2 cents
    Awesome Avatar by DarkCorax. Go check him out, really.

SMURFTASTIC
    The Psionic Blade Adept

11. - Top - End - #521
    Dwarf in the Playground

well, I did specify characteristics, plural, so if he wanted to just name them, he'd still technically have to grant us at least one additional detail about the Shapes...

I find it unlikely that he'd stiff us an answer like that, but it is a good point. Would an addendum of "other than just name" be appropriate?

12. - Top - End - #522

On another note I now have a basic idea of how to make fourthland zombies. You could reduce the amount of 3rd till they react to only thier base instincts or even further till they only have enough third to think in a sort of binary fashion. Hungry equals eat..... Anything.

Extended Homebrew Signature

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Everyone asleep in their beds in the middle of an attack on the city.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Virdish View Post
    On another note I now have a basic idea of how to make fourthland zombies. You could reduce the amount of 3rd till they react to only thier base instincts or even further till they only have enough third to think in a sort of binary fashion. Hungry equals eat..... Anything.
    What is hungry?

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    well, I did specify characteristics, plural, so if he wanted to just name them, he'd still technically have to grant us at least one additional detail about the Shapes...

I find it unlikely that he'd stiff us an answer like that, but it is a good point. Would an addendum of "other than just name" be appropriate?
    Hmmm. The problem is, it's a general question. He said ask a general question, get a general answer. Also, remember, there are 3 different kinds of shapes, and then 6 shapes in each. So you can have 3, one of each. This complicates things.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2012-06-20 at 06:48 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

14. - Top - End - #524

Yea what wombat said.

SMURFTASTIC
    The Psionic Blade Adept

15. - Top - End - #525

Hungry in forthland would appear to be a need for fourth. I believe this has been hinted at that forthland beings need to have some way to bring in a certain amount of fourth to survive. I may be wrong but that is the assumption I came to.

Edit: And if not then an alchemy could be created that causes a steady "leak" of fourth would require them to constantly seek more fourth to stop themselves from ceasing to be alive.

Edit2: Also I think I need some swordness pie now that I am indoctrinated into the lunacy that is forthland.
    Last edited by Virdish; 2012-06-20 at 08:09 AM.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

Hungry in forthland would appear to be a need for fourth. I believe this has been hinted at that forthland beings need to have some way to bring in a certain amount of fourth to survive. I may be wrong but that is the assumption I came to.

Edit: And if not then an alchemy could be created that causes a steady "leak" of fourth would require them to constantly seek more fourth to stop themselves from ceasing to be alive.

Edit2: Also I think I need some swordness pie now that I am indoctrinated into the lunacy that is forthland.
    That is to say, that "beings" aren't always leaking fourth (or all energies for that matter!). But I like it. :) Maybe they would be energy zombies of different kinds, and they floated in swarms through the universe as energy locusts. Oh man. Energy Locusts sound terrifying and awesome.

*brings in some fluffness spikes for us both to sit on as we enjoy making crafts with our swordness pies*

World Building Projects:
    Magic

17. - Top - End - #527

*Pulls out some beerness truffles and a couple bags of chipness swords to eat while we contemplate more crafting.*

Since I was behind the power curve on weapons of mass destruction using energies I decided that a 2nd ray that caused you to hurtle through space at near infinite speed by consuming movement from the environment would be fun. It would hurdle you into something or other. Not the most direct route but eventually your a big mess of energy stew all the same.

Edit: on that note I believe I may have stumbled upon a question we hadn't considered.

What happens to the energies that constitute a fourthland being when they cease to exist?
    Last edited by Virdish; 2012-06-20 at 01:11 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

*Pulls out some beerness truffles and a couple bags of chipness swords to eat while we contemplate more crafting.*

Since I was behind the power curve on weapons of mass destruction using energies I decided that a 2nd ray that caused you to hurtle through space at near infinite speed by consuming movement from the environment would be fun. It would hurdle you into something or other. Not the most direct route but eventually your a big mess of energy stew all the same.

Edit: on that note I believe I may have stumbled upon a question we hadn't considered.

What happens to the energies that constitute a fourthland being when they cease to exist?
    I'd assume they'd either disperse or cease to exist. Inclined to believe the former. Creates more energy around for you to potentially manipulate.

Hm...I just realized that I just thought of the remains of dead things as tools for tomfoolery.

However, this leads me to wonder if we should ask something about how using energies works. Like a description on the manipulation of ONE energy (we'd need to pick one) so that we can get a better sense at HOW energies work, and where they could be drawn from/harvested/so on. Since it's much more specific than any of the other questions, he might be a bit more "fourth"coming with in"four"mation. "Four"tunately, we still have two questions to use! (/punsiamsorrybutnotreally)

EDIT: Another interesting one is: What if we asked him what a good question would me. Sure we'd be using a question, but the rewards might be in our favor for spending two questions on one? XD I dunno if it's a good idea, but I'm trying to think outside of the box a bit.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2012-06-20 at 01:48 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

19. - Top - End - #529

My thoughts were the same in regards to what happens to the left over energy because I believe Welknair mentioned something about fourth being a kind of "experience" I can't wait for the game to be done so I can get my hands on it and start digging into it.

As for your idea about a question it seems like a gamble that may pay off. Or it may back fire on us. But it is definitely thinking out of the box.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Dwarf in the Playground

So...we ask what a good question about learning about how the manipulation of an energy works? It actually sounds like a not half bad idea...

I second this, and will put my vote in once we've figured out what the question actually is.

21. - Top - End - #531

Wait, could we ask Welknair (in a question) what question would give us the most unknown information?xD

SMURFTASTIC
    The Psionic Blade Adept

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Durksmurf View Post
    Wait, could we ask Welknair (in a question) what question would give us the most unknown information?xD
    That's basically what my suggestion implied. We might want to direct it a little bit more than "unknown information" but yeah.

"Oh Great Deep Thought! Tell us! What is the answer to the fourth, the multiverse, and everything!"

/reference

World Building Projects:
    Magic

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

That's basically what my suggestion implied. We might want to direct it a little bit more than "unknown information" but yeah.

"Oh Great Deep Thought! Tell us! What is the answer to the fourth, the multiverse, and everything!"

/reference
    If I was particularly mean, I may reply 101010

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.

24. - Top - End - #534

/reference
    FOURTy Two.

SMURFTASTIC
    The Psionic Blade Adept

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    If I was particularly mean, I may reply 101010
    I'm no computer. Need not speak such language to me. But in all seriousness, if we asked a question to give us a question, would you allow it? Or would it be dependent on how we worded the question for you to make the decision on allowance?

World Building Projects:
    Magic

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm no computer. Need not speak such language to me.
    Binary. 101010=42

But in all seriousness, if we asked a question to give us a question, would you allow it? Or would it be dependent on how we worded the question for you to make the decision on allowance?
    Well it's certainly original. How can I not reward what my game is trying to most encourage?

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    Binary. 101010=42

Well it's certainly original. How can I not reward what my game is trying to most encourage?
    While I was aware it was bianary, I hadn't bothered counting it out. I assumed that might be the equilavent, but didn't want to take it for granted.

And here that folks! It's there, should we so choose to take it. I'll leave it up to you folk if we want to, and into which place we may want to direct it.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

28. - Top - End - #538

Wait... with sixth, we actually could bottle fame and brew glory! I also love how messing with fifth can give hide and bluff checks - more fun for roleplaying.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

So, anyone have any ideas? Anyone?

World Building Projects:
    Magic

30. - Top - End - #540

What question should we ask about shapes and how they work.