New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: League of Legends XXXI: I'll Start My Own Team! With TF! And Janna!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Never take individual bad games from randoms as an example for anything ._.
    Oh i'm not don't worry. I've seen him totally dominate a Cass mid to the point where she was just a total irrelevancy for most of the game. And then there was the guy last night who was destroyed in the same match up. Was just interested to get some ideas from members on the board.

People here seem to think he's strong, within a niche, but i've seen the most complaints when he's picked compared to most other champs. I did see the player I mentioned above provide the slipperiness that has been mentioned. Having been jumped 3v1 his quick use of playful/trickster got him out of danger totally unscathed. I've been interested in trying him out so given the feedback i'll give him a whirl in a few games.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Is something glitched with my client? I just got Kogmaw, and it feels like his AA range is barely longer than Sivir's, and his W doesn't improve that very much.

Seriously, if I'm playing against a melee, I barely have time to get off 2 AAs before he reaches me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Is something glitched with my client? I just got Kogmaw, and it feels like his AA range is barely longer than Sivir's, and his W doesn't improve that very much.

Seriously, if I'm playing against a melee, I barely have time to get off 2 AAs before he reaches me.
    His range is identical to Sivir's. Pressing W increases it at first rank to somewhere between Caitlyn and Ashe's Range, and at max rank it gives him the second highest range in the game.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Orc in the Playground

Welp, that was one of those nights... four miserable losses in a row, followed by five easy wins. I seem pretty stuck around 1800.

If you ever start to think for just a moment that the ragetastical poorly performing players will disappear once you're a decently high elo, you're sadly oh so very wrong. I was stuck supporting an Ezreal who yelled at and eventually actually began threatening our Cassiopeia because she fed the other team's LeBlanc... and then next game I get to lose to the same fellow, who goes on bragging about how incredible he is for getting fed off our mediocre Ashe. Some people are just plain unpleasant.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2012-03-19 at 10:35 AM.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fizz is a lot of fun, but I feel like he's a really risky pick. He's incredibly weak for the first three levels or so, then suddenly finds his footing. If your opponent really presses his advantage at the start, though, it gets really rocky. You're a very fragile melee character, thus vulnerable to bring prevented from any farm, or even being zoned. Fizz can't really be ganked mid, though, since trollpole brings you pretty much under your tower given how short mid is

6. - Top - End - #996
    Orc in the Playground

is it possible to build AP shyvana? i see the logic and power of her standard builds, but those scaling AP abilities make me think she might make a good Nuker. Seems almost like tristana in that regard.

Am I crazy? or is this, like, a good idea?
    Custom avatar by me - based on my Half-Orc Eldritch Knight, Keth d'Lordran
    Spoiler
    Show

Tabletop RPGs
    Started with D&D 3.5, these days I mostly play 5E and occationally Call of C'thulu. Currently running two D&D 5E games over roll20

Magic: the Gathering
    Started with Return to Ravnica/Innistrad. I'll draft every once in a while but EDH is my favorite format by far.
    Decks: Lord Windgrace, Neyith of the Dire Hunt, Rielle the Everwise

Other Geeky Hobbies
    Ridley/Lucina main SSBU

7. - Top - End - #997
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    His range is identical to Sivir's. Pressing W increases it at first rank to somewhere between Caitlyn and Ashe's Range, and at max rank it gives him the second highest range in the game.
    I'm fairly certain it is the highest range in the game. He only edges out Tristana by, like, 10 or 15 range though, IIRC, so it's academic.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #998
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla_pasta View Post
    is it possible to build AP shyvana? i see the logic and power of her standard builds, but those scaling AP abilities make me think she might make a good Nuker. Seems almost like tristana in that regard.

Am I crazy? or is this, like, a good idea?
    It's a terrible idea.

She has awful AP ratios on two skills, unlike Trist, who has great ratios on three skills.
    You rang?

9. - Top - End - #999

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    I'm fairly certain it is the highest range in the game. He only edges out Tristana by, like, 10 or 15 range though, IIRC, so it's academic.
    Twitch, actually.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Dwarf in the Playground

Does anyone know why Volibear isn't seen as a more competitive jungler? In my experience I have a lot of success with him, and he has a good balance between good early ganks and late game strength. His level 3 ganks in particular are extremely strong, combining 3 great ganking mechanics - move speed buff, dragging an enemy back, and a slow - and good damage from the W active and the faster auto-attacks from the W passive.

I'm also trying to resolve a Volibear build issue. I almost always start with boots + 3, and I'm very happy with that since I hit 388 movespeed at level 1 (more if I had movespeed quints) and he doesn't go too low on HP even with a weak blue pull thanks to E mitigating quite a lot. But after that I normally go for HoG, wriggles, finish merc treads, then warmogs. I really want to fit wits end in there earlier but I'm not sure whether it's worth delaying warmogs. I'm also not sure about the GP10 approach, and whether wriggles is actually a good item. I want to fit atmas in there for obvious reasons, ending up with something along the lines of: Merc Treads, Warmogs, Wits End, Atmas, Frozen Mallet + one more depending on the situation: maybe Randuins, maybe FH, maybe FoN, maybe something more aggressive.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Orc in the Playground

Problems with Volibear jungling:

He's not as fast and his ganks aren't as strong as others. While he does have great CC with toss, and can move quickly, he doesn't exactly clear super fast or super high, and he's weak to invasion to some extent (the cooldown on bite is so high that if another jungler engages right after you use it, you really can't do anything to win the duel).

The lategame problems: He's not as inherently tanky as other people, and his bases aren't as great. While a fling and a good single target nuke are nice, he's not bringing the kind of AoE damage that Skarner or Shyv or Maokai will, or the AoE CC and single target deeps that Lee Sin will. The fact that his ult is a good on hit for magic damage but, being magic damage, scales terribly as people tank up is also problematic.

In general, I see him considered as OK; not good enough to justify nerfs and not bad enough to justify buffs. He basically brings decent, but not amazing strength everywhere.
    You rang?

12. - Top - End - #1002

For what it's worth, I think he's a lot stronger top than in the jungle, and I think he's also a lot stronger top than people give him credit for.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Firbolg in the Playground

I would imagine it's also because his scaling is all over the place.

He's got a defensive/health scaling passive, a non scaler, a health scaler, an AD/onhit scaler, two AP scalers and an attack speed scaler.

What on earth kind of items do you build there.
    (I assume the idea is that you suck it up and build a Mallet + some onhits, but still he has some of the most bizarre scaling, even Yi's scaling is more streamlined)
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2012-03-19 at 12:58 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

14. - Top - End - #1004

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I would imagine it's also because his scaling is all over the place.

He's got a defensive/health scaling passive, a non scaler, a health scaler, an AD/onhit scaler, two AP scalers and an attack speed scaler.

What on earth kind of items do you build there.
    (I assume the idea is that you suck it up and build a Mallet + some onhits, but still he has some of the most bizarre scaling, even Yi's scaling is more streamlined)
    Whenever I think of a non-synergistic character, Mundo comes immediately to mind. Let's give him a defensive steroid (scales with HP and resists) an AD steroid (scales with attack speed and crit) an AoE damage aura (scales with AP and MPen) and a percentage based skillshot (scales with MPen and CDR). The only options that really work are CDR tank and tanky DPS, and either of those really only takes advantage of a couple skills fully, just sorta using the others as filler.

On a side note, I was in a custom game with a friend who was trying Mundo for the first time (he rather liked having 170 AD at level 5 with only a Vamp Scepter) and he remarked "Man, give any other character any one of these abilities and they'd be ridiculous, but somehow when you combine them they actually get weaker."

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

I have had a decent time with him building Wiggle, Mercs and a Wits End for core items, while then adding tanky stuff depending on opponents setup.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

16. - Top - End - #1006

Assuming you're talking about Mundo and I didn't manage to sneak a post in between you and Dog, I prefer Zeke's for my Vamp Scepter item and Aegis for my early defenses. Slightly weaker right when Wriggle's would normally be purchased, but Zeke's is stronger later on. Don't need to get it early, either, as Mundo has great retention with just a Vamp Scepter due to Masochism, and between E and W he clears faster than the overwhelming majority of junglers in the game. Wit's End, Vamp Scepter, Aegis and Phage is what I would build for, going for an eventual Atma's, Mallet and Zeke's. Last item is to taste, I typically consider Randuin's, GA or FoN, depending on the enemy teamcomp. If defenses aren't necessary, Infinity Edge works surprisingly well due to the crit from Atma's and Mundo's naturally outrageous AD.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PEACH View Post
    Problems with Volibear jungling:

He's not as fast and his ganks aren't as strong as others. While he does have great CC with toss, and can move quickly, he doesn't exactly clear super fast or super high, and he's weak to invasion to some extent (the cooldown on bite is so high that if another jungler engages right after you use it, you really can't do anything to win the duel).

The lategame problems: He's not as inherently tanky as other people, and his bases aren't as great. While a fling and a good single target nuke are nice, he's not bringing the kind of AoE damage that Skarner or Shyv or Maokai will, or the AoE CC and single target deeps that Lee Sin will. The fact that his ult is a good on hit for magic damage but, being magic damage, scales terribly as people tank up is also problematic.

In general, I see him considered as OK; not good enough to justify nerfs and not bad enough to justify buffs. He basically brings decent, but not amazing strength everywhere.
    His clear isn't anything to write home about, but it certainly doesn't feel slow. There are better gankers, but the ganks feel strong to me (though they are pretty heavily countered by immobilise, I must admit).

I'm not convinced on some of the late game problems there. His AoE damage with his ult active is actually pretty decent (especially when his attack speed is charged), and the fact that it's magic damage isn't really significant because you're not going to be building armour penetration anyway. Against a target without defensive items, it'll actually be stronger due to armour scaling. In terms of single target damage he gets more of an attack speed buff from W than Lee Sin does from his passive, and while Lee Sin has stronger damage abilities I think they probably come out with roughly similar damage potential. W is a long cooldown, but it hits like a truck compared to anything Lee Sin can do other than ulting, given a typical build on both characters.

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    For what it's worth, I think he's a lot stronger top than in the jungle, and I think he's also a lot stronger top than people give him credit for.
    I'm not sure about him being stronger top, but he is very good top. Play him against GP and GP will end up having to sit as far away from you as possible hoping that he can leech a little bit of experience.

On Volibear in general, I suppose I have to broadly agree that he doesn't excel in any particular area (or with any particular stat, as pointed out by Dogmantra - though I do think at least Atmallet/Atmogs is a perfect bit of kit due to the health scaling and AS steroid). In higher level play, I suppose you want champions who are optimised for their role and will play exactly that role, but in my games, I like a champions that can be all rounders, and that's what Volibear feels like to me.

18. - Top - End - #1008

BarbarianGuy

Jungle Volibear just seems like he does all the same things as Udyr but worse.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fred dref View Post
    Whenever I think of a non-synergistic character, Mundo comes immediately to mind. Let's give him a defensive steroid (scales with HP and resists) an AD steroid (scales with attack speed and crit) an AoE damage aura (scales with AP and MPen) and a percentage based skillshot (scales with MPen and CDR). The only options that really work are CDR tank and tanky DPS, and either of those really only takes advantage of a couple skills fully, just sorta using the others as filler.
    Well, the stats might be all over the place, but they work really well together - pop ult to be fast and ignore damage, run in, Cleaver to slow someone and stick to them, Masochism for more damage and Burning Agony it AoE (it, incidentially, also gives him pretty good farming ability). Spam cleaver, keep them in range, smack and burn them to death.

I was going to talk about my Mundo build, then I realized you were all talking about Jungle Mundo, who I don't play. (To be honest, this could be because, in my first two games as him, I started off in a 2v1 lane and got double kills by 15 minutes.)
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I've been starting to play Alistar. I played him as support for 2 games yesterday and it was pretty good, even though I messed up the first game quite a bit. Then today I tried him in the jungle. Verdict? Best. Ganker. Ever.

We lost the game because mid and both bot guys were a team and all had connection issues (mid actually did pretty decent, but bot just got no cs and died over and over) but playing Alistar was unbelievable fun - I've not played anyone as good as him for making hilarious big plays. I'm also hoping I'll have some potential to be good with him in ranked games (I hit 30 yesterday :D) - everyone on my team was like "Alistar so good!", "Best Alistar EU!" before I told them it was my 3rd game with him ever!

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post

I had the opposite experience last night playing against Kog as Ashe--that "holy **** he can attack me from there?!" feeling. (Still won the game, though. DEM ARROWS SO STRONK especially when you're cooperating with a Mordekaiser against four squishy targets.)

Max W, and you can hit people who are SO far away. And that's before accounting for his ult range.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Welp, that was one of those nights... four miserable losses in a row, followed by five easy wins. I seem pretty stuck around 1800.

If you ever start to think for just a moment that the ragetastical poorly performing players will disappear once you're a decently high elo, you're sadly oh so very wrong. I was stuck supporting an Ezreal who yelled at and eventually actually began threatening our Cassiopeia because she fed the other team's LeBlanc... and then next game I get to lose to the same fellow, who goes on bragging about how incredible he is for getting fed off our mediocre Ashe. Some people are just plain unpleasant.
    I hope you reported him both games.

Idiocy never goes away in solo queue because idiocy is relative. And rage will never go away because rage is (largely) independent from skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbaniya View Post
    So I've been starting to play Alistar. I played him as support for 2 games yesterday and it was pretty good, even though I messed up the first game quite a bit. Then today I tried him in the jungle. Verdict? Best. Ganker. Ever.

We lost the game because mid and both bot guys were a team and all had connection issues (mid actually did pretty decent, but bot just got no cs and died over and over) but playing Alistar was unbelievable fun - I've not played anyone as good as him for making hilarious big plays. I'm also hoping I'll have some potential to be good with him in ranked games (I hit 30 yesterday :D) - everyone on my team was like "Alistar so good!", "Best Alistar EU!" before I told them it was my 3rd game with him ever!
    Yay, another convert. (But play Ashe, Nunu, Karthus, Morgana, Janna, Kennen, Lee Sin, Blitzcrank, and Galio for some other champions that have hilarious big play potential.)

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

There's nothing wrong with going into a role with the knowledge that you'll be bad at it. To be fair, most people are pretty bad at League in the first place. The point is to learn and improve. In my opinion, You don't really need any skill to become a decent League player. You need the basic abilities required to push buttons and aim skillshots. Past that, I really only find that knowledge and practice are all that you need to separate yourself from most of the playerbase. Of course, this is coming from my perspective, and my normal, ranked, and dominion Elo are all hovering around 1500. Past that, I expect that skill and mechanics become increasingly important but breaking out of 1200 mostly just requires you to actually understand the game. Jungling is a very important role and it's worth learning for most players.
    Eh... I know, but something about the jungle just urks me from wanting to learn it.
    Manamune is definitely worth skipping, and I'm not sure if Skarner really has room for Warmog's in the first place. However, Have you considered rushing items like Philo Stone (into Shurelya's, which is fantastically strong on champions like Skarner. His role as a damage dealer isn't nearly as important as his role as an initiator and tank), Glacial Shroud, and Sheen to handle your early mana problems?
    I've considered Philo for the extra gold yes, but... I'll be frank, I never really liked Shurelya's. It's one of those items I always forget is active, and I understand how useful it could be, but still, I don't find it my cup of tea, or rather, I've never had a reason to really really like it, which I don't.
    Ionic Spark isn't really a worthwhile item to build in any situation ever. The 250 HP isn't that much more than a Ruby Crystal, and it's really, really easy to purchase Health. Wit's End gives as much MR as a Negatron Cloak and is pretty much one of the best items in the game. If you're really thinking about the damage, you're making a mistake. The MR and Attack Speed are priorities.
    I pretty much agree on all points. Wits > Ionic (though Ionic Spark is 12 X more fun)
    FoN's okay, I guess, but I feel like you're going overboard on MR. Rarely do you actually need this much against anything other than double AP teams. Physical damage is much scarier in the majority of games. Both FoN and BV are really expensive (BV especially), too...
    True... ...you know, I might just swap out the FoN for a Sunfire...
    FH is a fantastic choice.
    Agreed. I didn't know why until recently (and by recently I mean when I started playing Yorick and Ryomasa was rawring at me to buy it for x reason, and I was like "Ooh, that's why it's so good!")
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Orc in the Playground

I tried jungle Alistar for the first time in ranked today myself, it's great fun.

...of course, what probably helped a lot was that their team was... uhm... well, they had a Clarity/Heal Soraka middle, who built tanky (not even tanky AP, like RoA; her first major item was a Frozen Heart), and they had no AP carry at all otherwise. I think I can leave it at that. >.>;

I started boots/3 potions, then built philosopher's stone and HoG, then boots 2/5, then Shurelya's, Glacial Shroud, and the game was over. I think next time I'll upgrade my boots sooner, the extra ganks should more than make up for the slower GP/5.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2012-03-19 at 05:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Orc in the Playground

The reason I pick up Wriggle's on skarner when jungling is twofold:

A: It makes buffsteals take literally less than 10 seconds. I play a very aggressive jungle skarner, so wriggles is useful for getting big camps out of the way so fast that even if they warded red, I could kill it and start running towards the nearest sidelane before the enemy mid could even reach me.

B: Skarner has *ridiculous* multiplicative scaling with resists already, and lifesteal and spell vamp (Wriggle's only brings lifesteal, but it brings a good amount; before the Gunblade nerfs, it was almost worth it as a last item if you were already tanky enough to survive burst and wanted to just pile on the damage) both help that out even further. In sustained fights where he can AA a lot, shield+E can get near warwick levels of free health back; combine that with Wriggle's for a fairly cheap source of armor, lifesteal (which helps the multiplicative aspect) and damage, and Skarner gets hugely multiplicative. The wriggles isn't so much for jungle sustain, though it does help out with that (it saves mana because you don't have to shield and/or E, which are your big mana hogs, in order to not take damage) but for the in fight utility of getting increased HP gains per second. Skarner truly does work as a lifesteal+resists tank if he can manage to isolate the enemy burst damage or carry, which he is very good at.

Philo just doesn't give me the feeling of getting control of the enemy buffs and allowing early dragons and early barons, which is the primary reason, and the lifesteal tanking is a nice side effect. Philo into speed+CDR+HP is a fine option as well, but it isn't my cup of tea. I'll grant my cup of tea is violent and sometimes a little bit reckless, though.

As for RoA: Skarner does not have a health problem. The only problem Skarner has with effective health is not having enough resists. At 1.0 attack speed (arbitrary and probably lower than his level 18 base, but for ease of use), no stats of any kind, and only hitting one target with E, his effective in fight healing with W and E is 54 per second. With 40% CDR, it's 90 health per second (as a comparison, 40% CDR WW with 1.0 aspd is only bringing 109 HP per second, and Q healing is, I believe, negated somewhat by MR).

At that point, any form of flat health boost tends to be dwarfed by the benefits of flat resistances; as a tanky DPS champ, Skarner can easily survive for the few seconds it would take to shoot his effective "base" health through the roof. In lane, it's no less useful (though mana can be an issue) because shield+resists can negate a lot of harass instead of having it slowly eat into your permanent health pool.

That's also why I don't recommend Sunfire on Skarner. If you want an armor item for Skarner, I greatly prefer (besides Wriggles and the obvious FH), a Randuins. Minor CC to patch you up to near 40 with a FH and some from masteries/runes, plus AoE slows (well, more of them) and reducing attack speed of your enemies, which is nice. For MR, I tend to like Banshee's more, because although it's expensive, Skarner tends to do poorly if he gets CC'd before he can get in the thick of things and start hitting with empowered Qs.
    Last edited by PEACH; 2012-03-19 at 05:50 PM.
    You rang?

25. - Top - End - #1015

BlackDragon

Back after several months of not playing due to crappy internet.
    Giantitp:LoL
    The Shadowmind:The Shadowmind

Currently been practicing Ahri.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Yay, another convert. (But play Ashe, Nunu, Karthus, Morgana, Janna, Kennen, Lee Sin, Blitzcrank, and Galio for some other champions that have hilarious big play potential.)
    I just love any champion that can pull off something ridiculous. I'll have to look at some of those - I actually own Morgana but I've never really played her (think I played her once at low level and didn't get to grips with her properly), and I recently bought Janna because frankly she's absurdly powerful, but I've only played her in dominion so far because I'm worried I'll be a huge screw up.

Just had another support Alistar game which was extremely close fought, with players of pretty even skill on both teams and some very exciting teamfights. Now I'm getting more familiar with the Alistar skillset I like to think there were a few that I made the difference on with some good initiating.

27. - Top - End - #1017

Quote Originally Posted by PEACH View Post
    With 40% CDR, it's 90 health per second (as a comparison, 40% CDR WW with 1.0 aspd is only bringing 109 HP per second, and Q healing is, I believe, negated somewhat by MR).
    I have a sneaking suspicion that you are counting Warwick's Q as the flat damage. I feel compelled to point out that it is not possible for any level 18 champion to have so little HP that the percentage damage is weaker.

If you count up the effective HP gained per attack, Skarner gets about 45 HP per auto attack (requires 40% CDR and mana, goes up by 15 per second per target), while Warwick heals for ~48 (requires something to hit). Warwick's entire total scales with Spirit Visage, less than half Skarner's does (assuming single target). Warwick has a bigger attack speed steroid with 100% uptime, rather than going down as soon as the shield pops, and he has a higher base with higher per level scaling on attack speed, so attack speed items and steroid give him a larger number of attacks for the same percentages. Sure, Skarner has really good sustain in fights but it just doesn't compare to the master.

Oh, and 40% CDR Warwick landing Q on a bog standard level 18 Anivia (no HP items, no MR items) heals for about 55 per second (just from Q) compared to Skarner's roughly 45 (not counting CDR passive). Now, Warwick's Q will heal for less against MR, more against health. If you were to hit an Anivia with RoA and an Abyssal, it'd heal almost exactly the same amount, in an odd circumstance or me picking a breakpoint at complete random.

EDIT: And in case it came across as anything else, I'm not saying Skarner has bad teamfight EHP. Far from it, it's just that he doesn't really match up to Warwick.
    Last edited by fred dref; 2012-03-19 at 07:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Orc in the Playground

Skarner's shield actually has ridiculous uptime if you're constantly attacking, just because, while it does get blown up pretty quickly, has an effective cooldown, with 1.0 aspd, of 4.2 seconds, and with 2.0 aspd, an effective cooldown of 2.8 seconds (obviously, it won't be quite perfect). And yeah, WW's was counted flat; the percentage is always better, so Skarner does have a disadvantage there. I wouldn't call Spirit Visage necessarily the greatest item now, but it does give WW a bit of an edge in the effective HP department.

My point wasn't that he beat out WW; he still loses even in close to optimal conditions. My point was that he actually gets similarly incredible levels of health per second, to the point where actually building health on Skarner is much less efficient than armor.
    You rang?

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Eh... I know, but something about the jungle just urks me from wanting to learn it. I've considered Philo for the extra gold yes, but... I'll be frank, I never really liked Shurelya's. It's one of those items I always forget is active, and I understand how useful it could be, but still, I don't find it my cup of tea, or rather, I've never had a reason to really really like it, which I don't.I pretty much agree on all points.
    Shurelya's is just wonderful for both initiating with your ult and pulling someone as far as your ult will allow. Make yourself learn to use active items; if you don't, you're missing out on some of the most powerful items in the game. It also provides CDR.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    I might just swap out the FoN for a Sunfire
    Don't; upgrading your sunfire costs 800 gold and provides 20 HP and the aura. It's a horribly cost inefficient item. Randuin's is a much stronger choice.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ettin in the Playground

Shurelya's is just wonderful for both initiating with your ult and pulling someone as far as your ult will allow. Make yourself learn to use active items; if you don't, you're missing out on some of the most powerful items in the game. It also provides CDR.
    Hrrmn... mmn... mm...

I still don't like the idea of it, but I'll try it.
    Don't; upgrading your sunfire costs 800 gold and provides 20 HP and the aura. It's a horribly cost inefficient item. Randuin's is a much stronger choice.
    That makes sense. Randuin's also has a Gp5 item I can build into... combined with the item's abilities... sounds worthwhile.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.