New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXI: I'll Start My Own Team! With TF! And Janna!

Full patch notes now up.

Interesting things not known before include slight buff to Sona's Power Chord damage, nerf to summoner spell Heal, and a slight nerf to blue buff's mana regen. Oh, and that Blitzcrank buff, of course.

But the big news? Major nerf to Janna's shield. Ouch.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

2. - Top - End - #1022

Blitz was indeed buffed, crazy as that is. If I could play Blitz at all, I would be playing him every game and winning everything. As it is, I'll probably still play him a lot and grab all the minions/air.

Irelia's ult CD is only up by 10 seconds, which isn't bad. Hiten's passive is halved (original values when active). I see her now being kinda vulnerable early, but overall not bad.

Rammus Powerball change so good.

Other minor changes. But the big thing....

LULU! Waaaaaaaant. Excited. Gogo patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    Interesting things not known before include slight buff to Sona's Power Chord damage
    I'm actually pretty thrilled about this one. Sona became my favorite support a while back; I loved the harass power in lane.
    Last edited by Nadevoc; 2012-03-19 at 09:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1023

What do people do with Pantheon these days? I'm kinda feeling a desire to go a bit Spartan in a game or two, but I'm having trouble deciding what he does that Fiora or Talon don't do better...
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

4. - Top - End - #1024

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    What do people do with Pantheon these days? I'm kinda feeling a desire to go a bit Spartan in a game or two, but I'm having trouble deciding what he does that Fiora or Talon don't do better...
    Mandrop on all the things.

I believe he's used for a counterpick top. Against GP, if I remember right? And probably a few others. I've actually seen him jungle more often than anything else recently. (By which I mean, I've seen like 3, 2 of which have jungled). Not great clearing or anything, but pretty solid ganks. Though red buff not applying to single target spells any more (I didn't even know it did 'til they said they were changing it >.>) hurt his jungle a lot.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Dwarf in the Playground

He's more naked and he can fly up in the sky. What other areas would he even need to excel in?

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Colossus in the Playground

I like the Blitz buff; one of his big issues was running out of mana on lane really fast if you are forced into prolonged lane fights. The Janna-nerf is annoying but meh, it does increase the amount of interaction with the shield (and makes AP Janna comparatively better) so I guess it's gonna earn a grumbling pass from me.

Rest...yeah, whatever. Irelia's prolly gonna be slightly less picked again until everyone somehow ends up flocking back to her anyways, Sona is sweet, Lifesteal nerfs are a step towards making my vision of AD casters scaling with Lifesteal reality, Rammus-nerfs are stupid and they should stop doing those.

Lulu looks interesting; gonna give her a go when she comes out.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-03-19 at 10:04 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Troll in the Playground

Huh? I thought shield was like that already. >.>
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Banned

As a nationally ranked robot processing chip dedicated to Hooke's Law based mechanics within Blitzcrank's wrist unit, I'm excited about potentially being utilized more often. Less excited about the AP ratio (should totally be AD).

I got RP for the first time! I was boring and got the 7 rune pages and then had a little fun and got Sandstorm Katarina. :D I still have quite a bit left, what do people generally want to buy with RP?

~

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    As did I, simply because every other shield in the game that has an additional effect tacked on (Morgana, Sion, et all) lose that effect once the thing is gone.

In other patch comments and musings, that Garen fix, and THAT RIVEN FIX. I love you Riot. The new Maw item looks like something I will almost always build on Riven now.

Also, didn't Dog include a "Do the Evolution" line in his Victor guide? (Which still needs to be added to the OP) It seems a bit out of place in the announcement about the Maw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1030

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    As a nationally ranked robot processing chip dedicated to Hooke's Law based mechanics within Blitzcrank's wrist unit, I'm excited about potentially being utilized more often. Less excited about the AP ratio (should totally be AD).

I got RP for the first time! I was boring and got the 7 rune pages and then had a little fun and got Sandstorm Katarina. :D I still have quite a bit left, what do people generally want to buy with RP?

~
    Even more rune pages. Seriously, rune pages = <3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Orc in the Playground

As a Janna main since season 1, I don't really mind the nerf... why? Well, sure, it'll make her a fair deal weaker. But more importantly it'll make everyone else stop picking her! Dang it, having her banned or first picked by the other team all the time since Hannover got annoying! xP

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

He can pretty much do anything. To varying degrees of success against the right champs. Generally, the most popular choices seem to be jungle and top (if you see the opponent pick gangplank grab pantheon, it's hilarious), but he can actually do pretty well against a lot of mids and with the right support can make bot a kill lane (Leona).

Mostly, the comparison to Talon is the closest. But they both have strengths and weaknesses. Their burst is comparable, pantheon has slightly stronger cc. But the main difference is Talon has an escape, while Pantheon can mandrop across the field. Really just pick which of the two you like better and play them.

13. - Top - End - #1033

BarbarianGuy

The Janna nerf is idiotic. Janna being picked so heavily at Hanover was more a sign of every other support having been nerfed into mediocrity than Janna herself being overpowered. She does some things very well (protect her carry and poke), but is very bad at others (providing sustain, setting up kills). It seems like Riot just has no clue what they want to do with the support role.

Hopefully Lulu is at least good. Her kit looks pretty fun.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, dammit Phreak. You're getting too self aware.

"of Course, I play Lulu as a Jungler."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1035

BlackDragon

Any advice for someone only level 15?
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

This might be of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    Get more farm, towers, wards; Die less often.
    trill in da playground

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    Get to level 30, then learn to jungle. It's a valuable skill too many people aren't nearly good enough at.

Also, yeah, focus on CS, map awareness, and slow guaranteed swings for your team; trying to make big plays or dives ends poorly (for instance, in any situation where, assuming no huge killstreak bonuses, you will definitely die, going in for the kill, even if you are sure you'll get it, is not worth it). Jungle buffs (or just buffs, since jungling may not be common), dragon, and baron if possible are all things to look out for.
    You rang?

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman Bot View Post
    I actually had no idea about this, but it turns out I have a 69% Dominion win rate! I guess all the sneaking around and capping unexpected points I do pays off.

It also reminds me of the fact that I'm now 171 wins, 172 losses on normal. Now I'm scared to do another match, in case I don't manage to break even!

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Firbolg in the Playground

What are your thoughts on Triforce for Nasus?
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Orc in the Playground

It's a solid lategame item, but unless you need to leverage a strong early top with a couple of jungle ganks into a threatening and tower pushing midgame, not really worth rushing compared to the traditional "build tanky CDR, get all the farm, then build Triforce" type Nasus. I'm not as adamant that you should never rush Triforce as most people, but you need both a really good start (so that you can get the triforce components early enough) and a really good reason (so that you can justify going around as kill/push Nasus instead of farm/teleport to save lanes Nasus) to justify it. Nasus can have a good midgame, but it sacrifices a lot late to do it, and you need to figure out if it's a good idea.
    You rang?

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ettin in the Playground

Update to the Skarner Build (thank you for the suggestions)

HoG--> Randuins
    RoA
    Mercs
    Sheen --> Triforce
    Wit's End
    Glacial Shroud--> Frozen Heart
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Update to the Skarner Build (thank you for the suggestions)

HoG--> Randuins
    RoA
    Mercs
    Sheen --> Triforce
    Wit's End
    Glacial Shroud--> Frozen Heart
    FWIW Philo --> Shurelya's seems Just Better than RoA. But then we have a Nasus build.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    FWIW Philo --> Shurelya's seems Just Better than RoA. But then we have a Nasus build.
    NASUS WILL NOT ESCAPE YOU FOREVER!

Um, lol, reflex.

And yeah, RoA seems just excessive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

24. - Top - End - #1044

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    He gets enough damage from farming his Q, but is somewhat squishy without items. It's much better to heavily build defense on Nasus, just picking up a bit of damage from hybrid items (mainly Mallet/Atma's).

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    And yeah, RoA seems just excessive.
    I know, I know, but I like it too much on him and don't like Shureliya's enough. It's kind of my thing with Skarner, I doubt it'll change any time soon.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Very strong. Get it when you decide that Q is farmed enough and you want to start killing all the things. Until then, get tipical defensive items like Frozen Heart, Shurelias, FoN and whatnot.

Wit's on Nasus? Is that a thing?
    Truth resists simplicity.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

I wouldn't figure that Triforce on Nasus is that great as a damage choice unless you are going to duel/skirmish a lot, or just want large burst damage on squishy targets; however, as the game progresses and as enemies stack armor, usually Last Whisper is a cheaper and more efficient choice for amplifying your damage.
    But eh, there's nothing inherently wrong with building Triforce on him.

As for Wit's, I dunno. Nasus relies mostly on his Q's rather than autoattacks, so the attack speed isn't as important but he still can autoattack between his Q cooldowns anyway... maybe it's decent for beating people into submission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Me too. I played like that always.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    Also, didn't Dog include a "Do the Evolution" line in his Victor guide? (Which still needs to be added to the OP) It seems a bit out of place in the announcement about the Maw.
    I didn't have "Do the Evolution" but I did have "Have a Glorious Evolution!"
    also that would be her Viktor guide

I want to play Lulu solo top like Teemo. For reals, she seems like she'd make a good sorta tanky onhitter.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    I wouldn't figure that Triforce on Nasus is that great as a damage choice unless you are going to duel/skirmish a lot, or just want large burst damage on squishy targets; however, as the game progresses and as enemies stack armor, usually Last Whisper is a cheaper and more efficient choice for amplifying your damage.
    But eh, there's nothing inherently wrong with building Triforce on him.
    Which is exactly what Nasus wants to do, isn't it? Skirmish when he's pushing down sidelanes and whacking towers for 1/4 their hp, and burst down squishies via Wither-Q-Q in teamfights. Also, E has a 40-point armor reduction, so Last Whisper isn't as efficient as it would otherwise be.
    Truth resists simplicity.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Orc in the Playground

The other Big Thing about Triforce is that it gives Nasus sticking power he desperately needs, and it gives it all to him in one item. Slows, more burst, and movespeed buffs are all great for getting him to stay on one target and ruin their day.

For the normal defensive nasus build: Besides the early Philo, remember to build options that get you CDR first (kindlegem, glacial shroud). More Q farm, more pain.

EDIT: Nasus doesn't want to skirmish much. Unless he's getting a kill or tower Right Now, it's better for him to just be constantly farming his Q; depending on how farm reliant the enemy solo top is, it's almost better for him to win slightly on last hits than it is to sacrifice some to force him/her back with poking, since that really hurts your Q. As I said, I believe Triforce can be good midgame, but it needs really specific situations to allow Nasus to bring his full power to bear without screwing him over later (mostly, the full power of Wither for ganking and SS for tower smashing).
    Last edited by PEACH; 2012-03-20 at 07:37 AM.
    You rang?