New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211

Default Re: League of Legends XXXI: I'll Start My Own Team! With TF! And Janna!

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Jungle whatnow? You can do that? I thought Ashe was tied with, like, Zilean for worst jungle clear in the game.
    From personal experience, both Katarina and Vlad are terrible, terrible junglers. Not sure how they compare to Zilean, but they're the two worst I've randomed into. I would suspect Ashe would also be super weak, just because level 1 Volley has a similar cooldown to Zilean's ultimate.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

So often in normals nobody jungles on the other team. Suggestions on how to not get pushed clear out of lane and lose your top turret at 10 minutes?
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

3. - Top - End - #213

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    So often in normals nobody jungles on the other team. Suggestions on how to not get pushed clear out of lane and lose your top turret at 10 minutes?
    Pick Cho, Yorick or Nasus, honestly. Otherwise, just deal with being down a tower and farm further back.

EDIT: Or Galio, but I play him mid anyway.
    Last edited by fred dref; 2012-03-04 at 10:54 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    Focus on getting XP, last-hitting under tower, and staying alive/healthy. If the enemy lets you, freeze the wave just outside tower range. If they push hard, just resign yourself to eventually losing tower; you'll have an easier time farming at your inner turret, where it'll be risky for them to stick around for fear of ganks from jungler/mid. Tell your jungler to farm everything and gank mid/bot for ALL THE DRAGONS.

It's much easier to 1v2 with Cho, Yorick, Galio, Nasus, Kennen, Morgana, and Lee Sin than most of the other champions. These champions have cheap ranged abilities, sustain, and some bulk. Cassiopeia, Akali, Urgot, and Caitlyn are a few other champions that can 1v2 reasonably well.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-03-04 at 11:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Jungle whatnow? You can do that? I thought Ashe was tied with, like, Zilean for worst jungle clear in the game.
    He's done it in normal games. Once he went like 3-0.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    He's done it in normal games. Once he went like 3-0.
    I'm not questioning that he is, in fact, doing that. What I'm asking is, how?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

So, I decided to try Mundo on Dominion. Well, lets just say...
    Spoiler
    Show

MUNDO WILL GIVE OUT BEATINGS IN TRIPLICATE!!!

I think Mundo will be one of my main champions now. Just those minor buffs was all he needed apparently to become competent.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

I'm not questioning that he is, in fact, doing that. What I'm asking is, how?
    Hmm, well, having a good leash always helps ridiculously... I'll give it a try quickly without in a custom game.

*does so*

Okay, it's manageable! I started cloth armor/5 potions, with attack speed marks, glyphs, and quintessences, armor seals. Masteries were 14/16/0:

Spoiler
    Show

She doesn't have a good clear time, and it's not exactly safe, but it works. I hit level 4 using a normal route at 4:23 or so, with enough HP left to kill wraiths and wolves again without recalling, but then was just barely executed trying to kill small golems a second time. If I did a better job of kiting they'd have died and I'd have hit 5 at around 5:30 or so, or if I was sane I'd have just recalled and shopped before continuing.

As always, getting a good leash would free your rune and mastery and item choices up a lot and make it generally safer.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2012-03-05 at 12:30 AM.

9. - Top - End - #219

Me (as Shyv) and a Tryn get stuck in top lane due to miscommunication during champion select. We get placed against a GP and Fiddle. They have the clear advantage, so we hug tower and grab what few creeps we can. After level six I start farming our jungle, swapping with him to keep pressure up top. We end up giving away no kills and having comparable farm to the enemy lane.

Sadly our great performance doesn't translate to the other lanes, who have given up 15 kills to 2 kills.

20 minutes hits and the team quits...why does this have to happen?
    "You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
    "No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."

[3.5] Mana Mage

10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Hmm, well, having a good leash always helps ridiculously... I'll give it a try quickly without in a custom game.

*does so*

Okay, it's manageable! I started cloth armor/5 potions, with attack speed marks, glyphs, and quintessences, armor seals. Masteries were 14/16/0:

Spoiler
    Show

She doesn't have a good clear time, and it's not exactly safe, but it works. I hit level 4 using a normal route at 4:23 or so, with enough HP left to kill wraiths and wolves again without recalling, but then was just barely executed trying to kill small golems a second time. If I did a better job of kiting they'd have died and I'd have hit 5 at around 5:30 or so, or if I was sane I'd have just recalled and shopped before continuing.

As always, getting a good leash would free your rune and mastery and item choices up a lot and make it generally safer.
    She strikes me as the sort that isn't quite so blue dependant. A red start and prompt gank might do well.
    Formerly known as Cariyaga.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cute_Riolu View Post
    She strikes me as the sort that isn't quite so blue dependant. A red start and prompt gank might do well.
    Volley spam isn't cheap. Not sure how many of those she needs, but it's her only source of damage beyond autoattacks.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Guys. I was browsing the tribunal forum and found this. Its hilarious and I highly recommend it.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

13. - Top - End - #223
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    Volley spam isn't cheap. Not sure how many of those she needs, but it's her only source of damage beyond autoattacks.
    No, but neither is its cooldown low enough for it to be too big of an issue. I'll probably try this out at some point.
    Formerly known as Cariyaga.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Colossus in the Playground

It's much easier to 1v2 with Cho, Yorick, Galio, Nasus, Kennen, Morgana, and Lee Sin than most of the other champions. These champions have cheap ranged abilities, sustain, and some bulk. Cassiopeia, Akali, Urgot, and Caitlyn are a few other champions that can 1v2 reasonably well.
    Gragas is a fairly solid 2v1 too. Shen is a about as strong a 2v1 as Nasus but I wouldn't honestly pick either (Akali is also not a champ I'd be crazy about 2v1ing with; the second one opponent buys a Vision Ward, you're stuck behind the tower). Swain can do decently though he does need blue post-6 to be able to keep at it.

Also, some 2v1 lanes are practically impossible; for instance enemy running Taric/Vayne top is going to basically force you to stay out of the lane and just wait to lose the tower or wait for ganks; well, aside perhaps from Galio, Gragas, Cassiopeia and Kennen. I still remember trying to 2v1 top against Ez/Janna with Janna once; that was kinda painful
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So, I decided to try Mundo on Dominion. Well, lets just say...
    Spoiler
    Show

MUNDO WILL GIVE OUT BEATINGS IN TRIPLICATE!!!

I think Mundo will be one of my main champions now. Just those minor buffs was all he needed apparently to become competent.
    He got buffs? Probably since after I started playing him, as I haven't noticed anything.

And yeah, Mundo in Dominion = great. In fact, Mundo = Great.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Things I learned today - Volibear's Q can pull Shyvana back if you hit her while she's ulting over a wall. That was probably one of the coolest moves I've ever done.

And then shortly afterwards I had a guaranteed kill on a Veigar but used my W on a creep instead. All of the awesome was gone.

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    He got buffs? Probably since after I started playing him, as I haven't noticed anything.

And yeah, Mundo in Dominion = great. In fact, Mundo = Great.
    Yeah:
    • General
      • Base attack speed increased to .625 from 0.595
      • Attack speed per level increased to 2.8 from 2.5
      • Magic resist per level increased to 1.25 from .75
    • Burning Agony health cost reduced to 10/15/20/25/30 from 20/25/30/35/40
    • Sadism ultimate cooldown reduced to 65 from 75
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Managed to win a game today despite one of our players feeding every time she respawned and giving the enemies tactical information. Luckily we were far enough ahead that she only managed to kill herself 3 times before we killed two of them and pushed to finish. By this point I think she was around level 15 so she had a long respawn time, if she'd done as she threatened and started feeding level 1 it'd have been a different story.
    A viking who isn't intimidated!!

Dreaming of a wight apocalypse

"next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face!"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

I think I just experienced two of the solo queue horror stories people have talked about.

I'm not playing LoL early afternoons any more.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kzickas View Post
    Managed to win a game today despite one of our players feeding every time she respawned and giving the enemies tactical information. Luckily we were far enough ahead that she only managed to kill herself 3 times before we killed two of them and pushed to finish. By this point I think she was around level 15 so she had a long respawn time, if she'd done as she threatened and started feeding level 1 it'd have been a different story.
    Meanwhile, I lost a game where the enemy mid Kayle went 0/12/0 feeding Veigar, of all champs. We would just sit around in mid at low health after killing some of the enemy team, waiting for the rest of them to show up, possibly with the ones who respawned after dying. That and Ezreal was a complete non-factor even after I fed him free kills in lane.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

I also discovered that you can jungle mundo in TT with full armor runes and HP quints. Without a pull.

More you know.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adumbration View Post
    I also discovered that you can jungle mundo in TT with full armor runes and HP quints. Without a pull.

More you know.
    Yup, Mundo is renowned for very fast clears. His cleavers do fantastic damage to high HP targets like buff monsters, he has a good AD steroid, and he has good AoE damage. His main weakness is subpar ganks, being reliant on a skill shot which only applies a slow, no hard CC. They're still passable if you catch someone overextended and you can aim, but it doesn't really stack up with someone like Maokai.

I'm not sure how big of a deal that is in Twisted Treeline, though, I don't have much experience there.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2012-03-05 at 01:20 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Yup, Mundo is renowned for very fast clears. His cleavers do fantastic damage to high HP targets like buff monsters, he has a good AD steroid, and he has good AoE damage. His main weakness is subpar ganks, being reliant on a skill shot which only applies a slow, no hard CC. They're still passable if you catch someone overextended and you can aim, but it doesn't really stack up with someone like Maokai.

I'm not sure how big of a deal that is in Twisted Treeline, though, I don't have much experience there.
    Toplane is notoriously easy to gank on TT since the entrances are at the very ends of the lane and the lane is long. If you can get the Wraith buff, it can be more than enough.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    I think I just experienced two of the solo queue horror stories people have talked about.

I'm not playing LoL early afternoons any more.
    Haha, I had the same thing this afternoon. I just had a string of lost games where I demolished my lane while my teammates found increasingly creative ways to get themselves killed for nothing. This culminated in a game as Veigar where I went 15-6 (after going 5-0 in lane), got over 800 AP, and lost because they had an equally fed Irelia and our jungling Riven decided to build exclusively AD and leave us without a single tanky character. This kind of thing is why I stopped playing Veigar - he's fun and if you play safe and farm well early game, he can be very powerful later on, but no matter how fed you are you're still really reliant on a good team since you'll only ever be able to instagib one person, maybe 2, but after that you're useless.

25. - Top - End - #235

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbaniya View Post
    Things I learned today - Volibear's Q can pull Shyvana back if you hit her while she's ulting over a wall. That was probably one of the coolest moves I've ever done.

And then shortly afterwards I had a guaranteed kill on a Veigar but used my W on a creep instead. All of the awesome was gone.
    You can actually do this against anyone with a dash. That's most movement abilities except Ezreal and Kassadin (and probably a couple of others I'm not thinking about at the moment). So, for example, it works on Tristana, Corki, Graves, Tryndamere, Gragas, Renekton, Riven...(there's plenty of others but I don't want to keep listing)

I once flung a Tristana rocket-jumping away with Singed back toward my team. It was nice.

If it helps, I accidentally ignited a minion the other day. *sigh*
    Last edited by Ivellius; 2012-03-05 at 02:33 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I really wish people that wanted to experiment things that are nonstandard would do so in normal games, especially if their team asks them to not do nonstanard stuff.

Today I had a support zilean. I was forced into the AD role (its funny how that happens a lot. ) and the support player (who is a higher pick than me) says he will play support zilean. I ask him to not play support zilean, esp. against a soraka. He asks why I tell him I think zilean is the worst support in the game, he plays zilean.

He bombs ashe. Soraka heals his bomb. He says "oh ****" and Im like "yeah... you see now." Any other support would have been useful. Even a nonsustain support like Nunu (who will deal more damage because of stupid good W buff) or Jarvan (who has loads of CC and surprising amounts of burst) would have been better. I told him this. Three times.

Meanwhile our Olaf feeds and leaves while our Fiora top loses to WW, which is apparently the "go-to" counter for this hero these days. That would be my second pet-peeve: playing the new hero and feeding. It happens far to often in ranked and I wish people would stop it.

Ahh well. At least I know that game wasn't my fault, seeing as I was practically 2v1ing my lane the entire game.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    You can actually do this against anyone with a dash. That's most movement abilities except Ezreal and Kassadin (and probably a couple of others I'm not thinking about at the moment). So, for example, it works on Tristana, Corki, Graves, Tryndamere, Gragas, Renekton, Riven...(there's plenty of others but I don't want to keep listing)

I once flung a Tristana rocket-jumping away with Singed back toward my team. It was nice.
    You can do it to blinks too (easiest example is Skarner ult videos, probably), but the timing is tighter because you have to have your ability targeted on them in the small delay between hitting the button and when they move instead of being able to hit them at any point during the dash.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Today is truly cursed. Another couple of games, another couple of destroyed lanes, another couple of losses. The last one particularly noteworthy because I killed the enemy mid so easily twice early on that he AFKed and the other lanes still managed to throw it.

On the plus side, AP Kog'maw is really fun. Is there any viable build for Kog that isn't fun? Because I certainly haven't seen one.

29. - Top - End - #239

BarbarianGuy

What does the ss abbreviation mean? Like "ss top"?

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Suedars View Post
    What does the ss abbreviation mean? Like "ss top"?
    It means your teammate is unsure of whether his opponent is missing, or if they have turned into a tugboat.